PDA

View Full Version : Half way to the AFC West title

VAChief
11-01-2000, 12:25 PM
OK Lets put the rest of the season in perspective for the Chiefs , Broncos , @ Raiders .
Well Start with the Raiders
Remaining schedule and the records of the teams they have yet to play .

Wins 33 Losses 33
Four on the road and four at home . The road games are against teams with a combine record of 16 wins 17 losses and three of those road games are against teams with a record of . 500 or better .

Next with the Broncos

Wins 29 Losses 38
Four on the road and four at home . The road games are against teams with a combined record of 18 wins and 15 losses . And three of those games are against teams with a record of over . 500

Next with the Chiefs

Wins 25 Losses 41
Five on the road and three at home . The road games are against teams with a combined record of 14 wins and 28 losses , thats right the only team we play the rest of the way on the road with a winning record is the Raiders . In fact the Raiders are the only team we play the rest of the way with a record over . 500 . The Raiders have to play 5 more games the rest of the way against teams with a record of . 500 or better .

Now given these facts which team would you bet on to win the West . I bet the Chiefs, we had the hardest schedule in the NFL to start the year and now we have one of the easiest. I like our chances and if we win in Oakland we will run away with it.

<BR>

bishop_74
11-01-2000, 12:30 PM
I might tend to agree with you if the Raiders had not already beaten us in our house.

They hold all the cards and the West is their's to lose. I am afraid this is a different team then what the one from the 90's.

I'd have to give them the edge.

Shootr
11-01-2000, 12:34 PM
The Chiefs just have to take care of business on Sunday. No ifs, ands, or buts.

------------------
bk

Idahojim
11-01-2000, 12:41 PM
I like our chances,but Oakland clearly holds their own destiny! I look for them to stumble enuf for us to take advantage of it,we must do our part regaurdless of what they do! Crap,we could win out and not get the division title! Win em 1 game at a time!

autoxwes
11-01-2000, 12:46 PM
You take our two losses with Oakland and Tennessee by a combined 6 points, and take Oaklands wins over the Bolts by a combined 5 points, not to mention the lucky sqeaker in Indy, and it`s a whole different ballgame.

I know, I know, what if`s...

OMIGOD!!! We ARE the Raiders!!! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/mad.gif<P>

VAChief
11-01-2000, 12:51 PM
Winning this next game is the key to it all. Yes the raiders hold their destiny in their own hands, BUT if we win this next game it's ours for the taking all the way because the raiders will lose at least two more after we beat them.

micin
11-01-2000, 12:52 PM
Chief1:

My computer predictions consider all of the factors that you mentioned in your post. I developed the prediction methods before the beginning of the season, so I cannot interject any homer emotionalism into my predictions, so my predictions are objective. At this moment, the Raiders have an 80% chance of winning the division crown, KC about 15% and Denver 5%. Now if KC wins this Sunday, our odds go up to the 45% to 50% range. If we lose against Oakland you can forget about the division crown and just worry about the wildcard race.

Now, when the game begins on Sunday, all objective thoughts will go out the window, and I'll be the biggest homer on the planet.

VAChief
11-01-2000, 01:03 PM
Hey CD, What percentile range do the raiders fall into if they lose to us this Sunday? Given their remaining schedule I would guess around 38%?

Gaz
11-01-2000, 01:07 PM
Chief1,

I think the strength of schedule is a bit misleading. IMO Buffalo are the best team in the country without a winning record. They will be no pushover, even at Arrowhead. The road games at Oakland, SF and NE are also tough, despite the poor records of the 2 latter teams. Denver, despite our recent success against them, still worry me too. I still like our chances of winning the division IF we win Sunday, but we are still going to have to play a few good teams well. There are some games that could go either way IMO.

Fat Homer
11-01-2000, 01:15 PM
While I know it's true, I can't believe I'm hearing this crap about the Raiders..."It's theirs to lose", "they hold their own destiny in their hands", "this isn't the same Oakland team of the '90s"....

Since I hate Al Davis, I'll give all the credit to Gruden, as silly as he looks on the sidelines, he has done something I never thought I'd see...he's made Oakland a team that actually plays without all the stupidity we've become so use too...

Of course, I never thought I'd see the Chiefs rush for 60 yards and throw for over 300 either...what is this world coming too?... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/confused.gif

micin
11-01-2000, 01:26 PM
Chief1 - I do all of my analysis at home and I don't have the number with me right now. My best guess is that they would be similar to the Chief's odds because Denver's odds will go up some with a Chief's victory and the sum of the three must total 100%. I'll post an update of all the playoff odds on Tuesday, after the Monday night game.