PDA

View Full Version : The race for the #1 Pick... can KC pull it off?

Ugly Duck
11-21-2004, 11:29 PM
San Fran & Miami have the inside track at the #1 pick right now, both teams at 1-9. Oakland is battling it out for #3 with four other teams at 3-7...... unless the Chiefs lose Monday Night. Then KC is right in the mix for worst team in the league, fixin' to snatch that #1 Pick right out from under Al Davis 's nose! You guyz suck... get the hell away from our draft pick!!!

PastorMikH
11-21-2004, 11:31 PM
This is sad. Who would have thought 2 years ago the Chiefs fans and the Oakland felons would be arguing over who'd have the higher draft pick this year.

:deevee:

tommykat
11-21-2004, 11:32 PM
This is sad. Who would have thought 2 years ago the Chiefs fans and the Oakland felons would be arguing over who'd have the higher draft pick this year.

:deevee:

:deevee::deevee::deevee: Enough said............urp

go bo
11-21-2004, 11:41 PM

:deevee::huh: :huh: :huh:

it is sad, isn't it... :( :( :(

Red Dawg
11-22-2004, 06:57 AM
A real high draft pick at this point sucks but would be very exciting after the seasonwas over.

Crush
11-22-2004, 06:57 AM
:deevee: :deevee: :deevee: :deevee:

DaWolf
11-22-2004, 07:01 AM
A real high draft pick at this point sucks but would be very exciting after the seasonwas over.
Yeah, it would be exciting until we realize that Carl is the one evaluating and pulling the trigger on the draft pick, and realize further that said draft pick will probably be missing all of training camp in a contract dispute, costing him much of a chance to make much of an impact on the team in 2005...

Yosef_Malkovitch
11-22-2004, 08:01 AM
Unfortunately, I don't think we can beat out Oakland for the higher pick, only because we play them twice. Then again, some other really sucky teams have beaten us, so we might get "lucky" and lose to Oakland.

Not that it matters. CP will just piss away the pick on another Trezelle Jenkins and forget to get him in camp on time.

Skip Towne
11-22-2004, 08:09 AM
Nah, we'll screw up and win a couple more games. We have some really crappy teams still on our schedule.

CHIEF4EVER
11-22-2004, 08:11 AM
San Fran & Miami have the inside track at the #1 pick right now, both teams at 1-9. Oakland is battling it out for #3 with four other teams at 3-7...... unless the Chiefs lose Monday Night. Then KC is right in the mix for worst team in the league, fixin' to snatch that #1 Pick right out from under Al Davis 's nose! You guyz suck... get the hell away from our draft pick!!!
Eat a big turd Faider Skum!!!!!!!! You are one step lower than Donk Skum!!!!!!!! ROFLROFLROFL [kidding]

In all honesty, I hope we DON'T get anywhere near the number 1-10 picks. CP seems to have shown a propensity to F up such picks.

ChiTown
11-22-2004, 08:31 AM
Yeah, it would be exciting until we realize that Carl is the one evaluating and pulling the trigger on the draft pick, and realize further that said draft pick will probably be missing all of training camp in a contract dispute, costing him much of a chance to make much of an impact on the team in 2005...

Yeah, hopefully they'll be a few "front-line" fullback's left on the board when it's the Chiefs turn to use their #1 pick........

I'm sure Titus has a full list.

DaWolf
11-22-2004, 08:34 AM
Hell, I think we need to use the pick to draft a backup running back to replace Blaylock...

suds79
11-22-2004, 08:35 AM
I get that there is some tongue-in-cheek here coming from a Raider fan but just to get it out there, I'm just hoping for the #5 pick or higher.

That'll be enough to land either Antrel Rolle or Derick Johnson.

ChiTown
11-22-2004, 08:39 AM
I get that there is some tongue-in-cheek here coming from a Raider fan but just to get it out there, I'm just hoping for the #5 pick or higher.

That'll be enough to land either Antrel Rolle or Derick Johnson.

Either man would be a welcome relief to this sorry ass group of no-talent caulk suckers ;)

ROYC75
11-22-2004, 09:20 AM
Nah, we'll screw up and win a couple more games. We have some really crappy teams still on our schedule.

We lose to the sucky teams.....

This season is lost.

Rain Man
11-22-2004, 09:23 AM
I'm thinking that the league might just award the Chiefs the #1 pick out of awe and appreciation for our astounding late-season run.

Skip Towne
11-22-2004, 09:27 AM
We lose to the sucky teams.....

This season is lost.
I know, I was just insulting the R_aiders.

Rain Man
11-22-2004, 09:28 AM
Is there another Manning boy due to be picked #1? If so, we could end up with the pick if he refuses to play for the team with the pick and demands a trade.

Ugly Duck
11-22-2004, 09:28 AM
some other really sucky teams have beaten us, so we might get "lucky" and lose to Oakland.Thats the kinda scenario that makes us crappy teams nervous. Just when the Chiefs were finally convincing the pundits that they were a contender, the Ketchup & Mustard is suddenly nosing its ugly head around the #1 Pick again..... our pick! And now, all it will take is a little Malkovitch "luck" to put KC neck & neck in the Loser Race. You guyz suck!!!

wazu
11-22-2004, 09:32 AM
Go ahead and take it, Raiders. We'll just screw it up anyway.

King_Chief_Fan
11-22-2004, 09:32 AM

yeah, how are those top draft picks working out for ya.......2 years in a row at the bottom :hmmm:

ChiefsOne
11-22-2004, 11:40 AM
At this point, as long as we sweep the Faiders ass I'll be a little happier. Would like the higher draft pick, but can't stand to lose to you guys.

alanm
11-22-2004, 12:36 PM
Yeah, hopefully they'll be a few "front-line" fullback's left on the board when it's the Chiefs turn to use their #1 pick........

I'm sure Titus has a full list.Get serious. You KNOW our 1st 4 picks will be Safetys.:thumb:

Logical
11-22-2004, 02:09 PM

I am pretty sure the season is over and we are just playing out the string now.

Rausch
11-22-2004, 02:12 PM
We absolutely must be the Fade.

It's one thing to suck, it's another to suck as bad as them...

chiefsfan1963
11-22-2004, 02:24 PM
I did not know we drafted Gale Sayers in '65! Nice factoid. Since '83 we picked only 7 quality players: tait, gonzo,woods, carter ,thomas, smith, and maas. not good. hopefully the next 20 years will be better.

Draft History
First-Round Draft Picks -- Kansas City
Year Player Pos. School
2003 Larry Johnson RB Penn State
2002 Ryan Sims DT North Carolina
2001 No Pick -- --
2000 Sylvester Morris WR Jackson State (Miss.)
1999 John Tait OT BYU
1998 Victor Riley G Auburn
1997 Tony Gonzalez TE California
1996 Jerome Woods S Memphis
1995 Trezelle Jenkins OT Michigan
1994 Greg Hill RB Texas A&M
1993 No Pick -- --
1992 Dale Carter DB Tennessee
1991 Harvey Williams RB Louisiana State
1990 Percy Snow LB Michigan State
1989 Derrick Thomas LB Alabama
1988 Neil Smith DE Nebraska
1987 Paul Palmer RB Temple
1986 Brian Jozwiak T West Virginia
1985 Ethan Horton RB North Carolina
1984 Bill Maas NT Pittsburgh
John Alt T Iowa
1983 Todd Blackledge QB Penn State
1982 Anthony Hancock WR Tennessee
1981 Willie Scott TE South Carolina
1980 Brad Budde G Southern California
1979 Mike Bell DE Colorado State
Steve Fuller QB Clemson
1978 Art Still DE Kentucky
1977 Gary Green CB Baylor
1976 Rod Walters G Iowa
1975 No Pick -- --
1974 Woody Green RB Arizona State
1973 No Pick -- --
1972 Jeff Kinney RB Nebraska
1971 Elmo Wright WR Houston
1970 Sid Smith T Southern California
1969 James Marsalis CB Tennessee State
1968 Maurice (Mo) Moorman G Texas A&M
George Daney G Texas El Paso
1967 Gene Trosch DT Miami
1966 Aaron Brown DE Minnesota
1965 Gale Sayers RB Kansas
1964 Pete Beathard QB Southern California
1963 Buck Buchanan DT Grambling
Ed Budde G Michigan State
1962 Ronnie Bull HB Baylor
1961 E.J. Holub C Texas Tech

mlyonsd
11-22-2004, 02:42 PM

What, do you need another kicker? Did the Polish sausage finally get deported?

Ugly Duck
11-22-2004, 07:03 PM
yeah, how are those top draft picks working out for ya.......2 years in a row at the bottom :hmmm:Hey... we hadta keep picking at the bottom of the rounds before our last SuperBowl run when we kept winning the AFCW year after year after year. Oh sure, we hadda high pick this time around, but the guyz still a rook. And now you Chiefs are lookin to get in on the #1 Pick action. Win a freakin game, will ya? And get away from our pick!

Calcountry
11-22-2004, 07:08 PM
The answer is no. We are just good enough to fug that up too.

CHIEF4EVER
11-22-2004, 07:13 PM
Hey... we hadta keep picking at the bottom of the rounds before our last SuperBowl run when we kept winning the AFCW year after year after year. Oh sure, we hadda high pick this time around, but the guyz still a rook. And now you Chiefs are lookin to get in on the #1 Pick action. Win a freakin game, will ya? And get away from our pick!

Hey it isn't OUR fault that we have positively OWNED the Fade (other than your SB LOSING year) for ages. Face it, the keys to your stadium are in OUR hands and if you don't play nice you won't get to play there. :p

Mr. Laz
11-22-2004, 07:15 PM
The answer is no. We are just good enough to fug that up too.

yep...

there would actually be some sort of upside to losing so much that you get a super high draft pick.

7-9 .... all the way babeeeee :(

"with the 15th pick of the draft the kansas city chiefs select ......

....... Offensive Tackle Anthony Alabi from Texas Christian University"

FRCDFED
11-22-2004, 07:42 PM
yep...

there would actually be some sort of upside to losing so much that you get a super high draft pick.

7-9 .... all the way babeeeee :(

"with the 15th pick of the draft the kansas city chiefs select ......

....... Offensive Tackle Anthony Alabi from Texas Christian University"

Who are you kidding. It would be more like..........

WITH THE 15TH PICK IN THE DRAFT, THE KC CHIEFS HAVE TRADED THE PICK TO (insert any team name) FOR FOUR FUTURE FOURTH ROUND DRAFT PICKS! :cuss:

I am so sick of trading draft picks and not taking the best talent on the board. We might actually have some depth if we would've. Look at EJ Henderson, Terry Pierce, yadda, yadda, yadda....

Ugly Duck
11-22-2004, 11:43 PM
The answer is no. We are just good enough to fug that up too.I dunno.... you guyz'r right in the thick of the Race for the #1 Pick. You just might capture the Prize....

Ugly Duck
11-28-2004, 03:35 PM

Here's another fine mess you've gotten us into. Now Oakland would have to lose to Denver tonight just to keep up with the Chiefs in the Draft Race. But, an Oakland win would drop Denver out of the AFCW catbird's seat, which would be a very nice Thanksgiving Week present. So.... are you guyz now rooting for an Oakland win over Denver, or what? You draft pick-stealing scumbags!

Spicy McHaggis
11-28-2004, 03:39 PM
Believe it or not, I'm rooting for Oakland tonight. I feel so dirty.

Logical
11-28-2004, 03:40 PM
Here's another fine mess you've gotten us into. Now Oakland would have to lose to Denver tonight just to keep up with the Chiefs in the Draft Race. But, an Oakland win would drop Denver out of the AFCW catbird's seat, which would be a very nice Thanksgiving Week present. So.... are you guyz now rooting for an Oakland win over Denver, or what? You draft pick-stealing scumbags!

Feeling dirty, go Raiduhz

jAZ
11-28-2004, 03:41 PM
Since '83 we picked only 7 quality players: tait, gonzo,woods, carter ,thomas, smith, and maas. not good.

1984 Bill Maas NT Pittsburgh
John Alt T Iowa
John Alt was pretty decent.

Ugly Duck
11-28-2004, 03:43 PM
Believe it or not, I'm rooting for Oakland tonight. Good man!

Hey wut happened at the end of the game today? Here in RaiderLand, they cut to the 9er game right after Sandy Eggo kicked the 34-31 FG. You guyz had like 2 minutes..... I wuz sure you would send it into OT. Wut happened?

Spicy McHaggis
11-28-2004, 03:54 PM
2 dropped pass in a row to end the game around midfield. It wasn't pretty

Ugly Duck
11-28-2004, 03:55 PM
2 dropped pass in a row to end the game around midfield. It wasn't prettyA 3rd and a 4th down drop? How anti-climactic....

Coach
11-28-2004, 03:59 PM
A 3rd and a 4th down drop? How anti-climactic....

Didn't suprise me because of our WR's can't catch a cold in clutch situations.

Ugly Duck
11-29-2004, 12:46 AM
Believe it or not, I'm rooting for Oakland tonight. I feel so dirty.Oh.... now I see your strategy - you just want to leapfrog over Oakland to contend for Worst Team in the League!!! And you have:

1 San Francisco
2 Miami
3 Washington
4 Kansas City
5 Cleveland
6 Dallas
7 Oakland
8 Tampa Bay
9 Arizona
10 Carolina

Coach
11-29-2004, 12:52 AM
Oh.... now I see your strategy - you just want to leapfrog over Oakland to contend for Worst Team in the League!!! And you have:

1 San Francisco
2 Miami
3 Washington
4 Kansas City
5 Cleveland
6 Dallas
7 Oakland
8 Tampa Bay
9 Arizona
10 Carolina

Well it sure didn't help us when Washington lost today. ;) :p

alanm
11-29-2004, 01:02 AM
Oh.... now I see your strategy - you just want to leapfrog over Oakland to contend for Worst Team in the League!!! And you have:

1 San Francisco
2 Miami
3 Washington
4 Kansas City
5 Cleveland
6 Dallas
7 Oakland
8 Tampa Bay
9 Arizona
10 CarolinaSince Washington actually has some playmakers on defense I'm totally confidant in their ability to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat a couple more times this year. Kansas City on the other hand invents new ways to blow chunks and lose games in the 4th quarter weekly.:thumb: Next week we will be up by 1 point with less than a minute to play with the ball on our 25 yrd line. It will be 4th down with KC having to punt. Cheeks will then promptly kick the ball backwards over his head. The ball will roll into the endzone where whatever ensues will result in either 2 or 6 points for the Raiders. Game over. Chiefs lose. We move up one spot in the draft order. :thumb:

Ugly Duck
11-29-2004, 02:22 AM
Game over. Chiefs lose. We move up one spot in the draft order. :thumb:You guyz'r so close.... so very close....

Miles
11-29-2004, 02:26 AM
I highly doubt i will happen but i would be horrified of what we would do with the 1st pick. We would likely trade down...but how far and what we would get would likely get in return would likely not be worth it.

Over-Head
11-29-2004, 03:06 AM
Believe it or not, I'm rooting for Oakland tonight. I feel so dirty.

Welcome to the dark side! :clap:

Over-Head
11-29-2004, 03:08 AM
Feeling dirty, go Raiduhz

:eek: did I read that right?

alanm
11-29-2004, 02:14 PM
You guyz'r so close.... so very close....We just have to play our game and everything will take care of itself.:thumb: