PDA

View Full Version : What if the un-thinkable happens?

ChiefsSuck
11-02-2000, 03:26 PM
I know that this is a Chiefs BB, and therefore expect the pro-chief bias. No one here gives the Raiders a chance. I want to know what I will read on this board IF the Raiders win? On other boards I've read many excuses such as; the refs robbed us, they cheated, this or that player did this or that. I hope that Chief fans will give the winners their due, even if it is the hated Raiders.

Best of luck and may the best team win and may both teams escape injury.

I'll be back Monday to take my Raider praise or lumps.

Terrapin

Idahojim
11-02-2000, 03:30 PM
I hope I'm the 1st to post here! Congrat's and see you in the playoffs! you have done what I thought was impossible,now can you win 3 in 1 season?

Now ,what is your comment when KC wins?

[This message has been edited by ROYC75 (edited 11-02-2000).]

Phobia
11-02-2000, 03:30 PM
It's not unthinkable and did happen a couple of weeks ago in Arrowhead. The Raiders played a tough game, but our Defensive style played right into Gannon's hands. It's my hope that we dont use the same game plan and if we do, though the Raiders will still have to make plays, our worst enemy will be our coaches.

Our staff has lost more games from the booth than our team has lost on the field. Kinda sad when you think about it.

bishop_74
11-02-2000, 03:31 PM
TP - (I kind of like that nickname).

If you will notice on other threads I am a Chiefs fan and think the Raiders will win Sunday.

Please don't lump me into the "No one here" column.

I have been a Chiefs fan for over 30 years so realism is something I have come to grips with.

11-02-2000, 03:32 PM
You must not have been around after the first game.

Everyone here gave the Raiders their due. Sure, there were some questionable calls, but ahead 17-7, it shouldn't come down to that.

If the Raiders win this time, and it isn't likely, you won't hear any **** from us...

------------------
Parker
[b]ChiefsPlanet Administrator</B>

BigChiefsFan
11-02-2000, 03:36 PM
If the Chiefs are outplayed, then yes, the Raiders will get props. If we get hosed, then not. I would expect the same from you or any other fan.

The reason everyone here gives the Raiders no chance:
1. No media (other than KC) gives the Chiefs a batteries chance in Oakland . . I guess snowball in hell works also—Raiders fans are know to throw batteries like snowballs and Oakland is as close to hell as one can get http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif
2. They are the Raiders. Why would we?

Of course, most of us are just KC Homers! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

MM
--Wishes the Chiefs the best of luck . . . screw the Raiders (even though you seem okay, terrapin—even as a Raiders homer http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

Chief_Noraa
11-02-2000, 03:38 PM
The Chiefs Vs the Raiders. I just doesn’t get any better than this. Even in the 90’s when the chiefs dominated in the win loss department each and every game was a dogfight. You could pretty well figure that the game would be decided by 7 points or less. These are two evenly matched teams. This will be a tough hard nosed knock the other guys d%*k In the dirt old football game. This is a very important game for both teams. And The Chiefs are gonna Whoop the Sh!t out of those stinkin Faiders.

Idahojim
11-02-2000, 03:40 PM
Terrapin

We have the Secret Weapon ! If you don't know what I'm Refer'n to, See post" What is the best way to stop Gannon" !

Need I say more ? http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

DoubleWannaB
11-02-2000, 03:51 PM
Honestly, I think we have the best teams in the AFC talent wise (aside from Indy). I WANT the Chiefs to win and hope they do, but this game is up in the air. If both teams play to their ability, and both "coaches" coach to their ability, this will be an AWESOME game.

ChiefsSuck
11-02-2000, 03:58 PM
Royc75,

I've read about the secret weapon Denise...

Would you explain this to the ignorant?<BR>

Dr. Red
11-02-2000, 04:00 PM
Lordy, Lordy - who wants to field this one??

TEX
11-02-2000, 04:06 PM
TP,

I think you will find like the other losses that most of us cuss a little from the disappointment, and give accolades back to the fans that post here with class....and I'll still give the *F*bomb to those that don't.

Idahojim
11-02-2000, 04:07 PM
Terrapin....

ROTFLMAO...LOL.....Man not at you!

Denise is a big Gannon Fan! Get the Picture now! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Duck Dog
11-02-2000, 04:08 PM
HAHAHHAAAAAA oh my! LOL not me! I'm not even touching the Denise thing. Too much trouble.

milkman
11-02-2000, 04:08 PM
TP - This web page was created by Denise. She, believe it or not, claims to be a Chiefs fan.
http://www.homestead.com/KCGannonfan/index.html

Gracie Dean
11-02-2000, 04:15 PM
I think this is the classiest BB you'll find with regard to response post-loss. We've had Indy fans on here and Oakland fans. Nearly every one of us give credit where it's due. When there is a questionable call that impacts the outcome of the game we're a little bitter (unless the questionable calls went both ways).... I'm still a little bitter over the Morris "fumble" the first game but KC had every opportunity to make ammends for that and the coaches settled into the ***** D, trying to rest on the lead. We also missed a very makeable FG that impacted the final score. The raiders were the better team on Oct. 15th and JQ & Ugly Duck can probably attest to our class better than we can.

If the Raiders BEAT KC on Sunday, we'll all be disappointed but come back and conduct yourself with class & you can expect the same in return. That, I guarantee.

Dr. Red
11-02-2000, 04:21 PM
Another thing. If there is anything we've learned in recent history, Chiefs fans are not blind apologists. If anything terrapin, if we lose, you'll end up CONSOLING some of us, seeing more positives in the Chief's performance than we do. There'll be posters on here swearing we'll never win another game, ever. Cursing every member of the coaching staff and most of their family. Every WR will be too slow, every RB too fat. In short, we will be so busy downing the Chiefs, we won't leave much time to grouse about the opponents or the officals.

ChiefsSuck
11-02-2000, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the info on Denise...I think?????

She sounds a lot like Big Julie who is a Patriot fan who haunts the Colts BB. Be afraid...Be very afraid.

mlyonsd
11-02-2000, 04:30 PM
terrapin....

For the most part, these guys are cool about giving props followng a loss... There is the obligatory moaning about officiating and coaching... but that is expected by any teams fandom....... These guys are actually harder to take when they win,hehe...

It's the whole we destroyed SD, they didn't angle that gets old......

And the sterotyping of Raider fans thing......

And the 18/22 wins, the Raiders will fade thing...

Oh yeah, and the noodle arm Gannon who is really a RB thing.....

Come to think of it... they are a pain in the *** ....

Raiders 31 kc 21

TEX
11-02-2000, 04:32 PM
her pic was as scary as her views.....

NO way on God's Earth is she a Chief fan..

AustinChief
11-02-2000, 04:35 PM
Excuses, that is what you will get from KC fans. Refs, injuries, bad luck, coaching will be what you hear about.

What you WON'T get is "we played terrible, the other team deserved to win, the other team was better". But being a Raiders fan, you should know that KC fans were incapable of such objectivity... it's what gives them the ability to cheer for the Chiefs.

milkman
11-02-2000, 04:37 PM
JQ - Sorry about some of the crap that went on over in lala land, I really never thought it would go on for that long, or get that ugly. I just couldn't believe that some thought I really meant all of the Raiders fans were that way, oh well. Of course the thread that was not mine was much more lame and out there, I had to jump in at the end to at least give you someone worth while to talk smack to.

As for the noodle arm thing, well, your just going to have to deal with that.

milkman
11-02-2000, 04:38 PM
Broncofan - oddly that sounds exactly like what you typed after the Donx loss to us, LOL!

milkman
11-02-2000, 04:41 PM
The key thing to remember is that this is a Chiefs BB, we will give the other team and their fans that visit here their props on a couple threads, but other threads we will discuss our own views of why we lost.

If I went to another teams BB that is probably the best that I would hope for.

DoubleWannaB
11-02-2000, 04:43 PM
BroncoFan,
Isn't the only reason the Chiefs lose due to bad calls, bad luck, or injuries??? Thats what I though. Our team is the best in the league by FAR. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by bishop_74 (edited 11-02-2000).]

mlyonsd
11-02-2000, 04:44 PM
Morph...
I was kidding.... I live amongst nothing but Niner and Donk fans.... I've heard every insult imaginable from them about the Raider fanbase, especially during their SB years.... I have thick skin, nothing said really bothers me.... I know there are going to be idiots in any stadium tha alcohol is served.

On the other hand... that whole SD comparison irks me.

AustinChief
11-02-2000, 04:46 PM
Bishop,

You got a point there, hadn't thought of that.

DoubleWannaB
11-02-2000, 05:02 PM
I want you all to think... think hard about what would happen if you parked illegally. What would you see in your parking spot??? I want you to...

http://www.ilovebacon.com/vehicles/images/110200parking.jpg

<BR>

Gracie Dean
11-02-2000, 05:07 PM
BroncoFan,

Here is the disclaimer I applied to my post. It also applies to potential Bronco losses although we probably won't have to worry about that happening for several years. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

"If the Raiders BEAT KC on Sunday, we'll all be disappointed but come back and conduct yourself with class & you can expect the same in return. "

Up until a few short weeks ago, you were here to run smack. Now that you've somewhat established a rapport (in the loosest sense of that word), you are treated better. I think you can at least admit to that much....

alanm
11-02-2000, 05:31 PM
Terrapin,
It's not unthinkable. The Raiders scare the crap out of me; please don't mistake homerism and good-natured smack for writing the Raiders off. This is UNQUESTIONABLY the best rivalry in football. I'll admit, JQ, that the "we crushed SD, so imagine what we'll do to the Raiders" analogy is illogical. It's apples and oranges.
The Raiders are good; they're 7-1! They beat the Colts in the RCA dome, and they were the better team on 15 Oct. They are the understandably the favorite in Sunday's game. I don't see the proverbial "fade" happening this year. Gruden has formed a balanced, talented team that's good on O and D. He's instilled discipline. Gannon can think on his feet, make something from nothing, and is clearly the leader of this team.
So there are some objective props from a die-hard Chiefs fan. Now for some not-so-blind homerism: Chiefs 27, Raiders 20.

Chiefnj
11-02-2000, 06:31 PM
Most of our loss-related whining is directed inwards. While we may get screwed by the occasional bad call (who doesn't?), most of our losses come down to poor decisions on the part of our coaching staff. The main exception this season was the first Oakland game. Gannon pretty much beat us single-handledly with his running and scrambling ability. Even though we played well (certainly better than we did against Seattle the following week), we were outplayed. I said that then, and as painful as it was, I was a man about it and posted an immediate admittance of defeat (specifically to the deeply-annoying JQ http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/mad.gif ).

Anyone who doesn't give the Raiders a chance is nuts. These teams are pretty evenly matched talent-wise, but Oakland has played far more consistently. This game is at best a coin-toss. I hope the Chiefs win, and know that they CAN win. It depends on which Chiefs team shows up - the one that beat the hell out of St. Louis, or the one that did everything but lose to Seattle.

We haven't gotten blown out or killed by anybody this year, and we've certainly played the best the NFL has to offer. We are our own worst enemies. My main whining comes from games where we beat ourselves, and that accounts for most of them.

However, if you want crying and whining about anything and everything, I would direct you to the Broncos BB. How could THE BEST TEAM IN FOOTBALL be 4-4? http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif A mystery for the ages....

------------------
Frazod

CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES, SEE THEM DRIVEN BEFORE YOU, AND HEAR THE LAMENTATIONS OF DENISE! DEATH TO OAKLAND!

[This message has been edited by frazod (edited 11-02-2000).]

[This message has been edited by frazod (edited 11-02-2000).]

Stuckinbama
11-02-2000, 06:39 PM
If the Raiders win - so be it. All that means is the Chiefs will not win the West. The Wildcard will STILL be very much within their reach. I know that the Chiefs are not going to win the Super Bowl - but anything is possible once you're in the playoffs. I'm OLD enough to remember 1969 when the UNTHINKABLE DID HAPPEN! The Raiders won both regular season meetings, BUT WE WON the ONE that COUNTED MOST - in Oakland! The rest is HISTORY!

Raiders 27 - CHIEFS 24
Raiders 10 - CHIEFS 7

CHIEFS - 17 Raiders - 7