PDA

View Full Version : I admit - I was wrong....

Gracie Dean
11-04-2000, 03:18 PM
Each year in pre-season, I pick an overachieving team for the coming year based on their offseason moves, draft, and success in the latter half of the previous season. Last year I picked the Colts to win the AFC East in March. I was right and I reminded people of that throughout the year.

This year, I picked the Panthers to contend for the NFC West. I was dreadfully wrong and I hang my head in shame. Mark this down, people, I'm not wrong very often. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

To wrap this up positively, I did disagree with everyone that jumped on the Bears pre-season bandwagon. I saw no way they would have a winning season, much less contend for a playoff spot.

WarPaint
11-04-2000, 03:32 PM
Damn Phil,
I was one of those people that thought 'Da Bears would be pretty good this season. I also thought that the Panthers would be contending. I was wrong twice.
To add to my misery, I didn't think the Saints had a snowballs chance to be any good. I was wrong 3 times!
No wonder I'm so far back in the standings in the picks. i haven't been this far off in a long, long time.

------------------

Red Eyes
A message to The Three Stooges from Judge Smaels.
"Well, the world needs ditch diggers, too"

gonzo88
11-04-2000, 03:47 PM
Damm Back Key

[This message has been edited by Otter (edited 11-04-2000).]

gonzo88
11-04-2000, 03:47 PM
KPhobia,

You had me at hello.

gonzo88
11-04-2000, 03:49 PM
KPhobia,

You had me at hello.

ChiTown
11-04-2000, 04:24 PM
Hey Phil if it wasn't for ton's of injuries and a lousy QB they should have been in the running in the West. They look like the Chiefs in 98.

BigAl
11-04-2000, 07:06 PM
First Time Posting on ChiefsPlanet.....

The team I wanted to predict would be much improved but didn't because I figured they suck like previous years was the Saints. Now look at them, they are playing some pretty good ball.

Yosef_Malkovitch
11-04-2000, 07:11 PM
Deep South, welcome to the BB. Hey, who would've guessed the Saints were going to do as well as they are? My NFC team is the Panthers, and I had high hopes for them this season. Looks like both KPhobia and I were wrong.

------------------
THE SILVER AND BLACK AIN'T WORTH JACK!

BigAl
11-04-2000, 07:16 PM
Located where I am, the Saints are the closest NFL team. I've been to the superdome several times over the years. I haven't been this year though.

However, I've been hinting to the spouse about the Chiefs @ Falcons game on December 24th. I'd drive five hours to see the Grbac attack. It would probably be a no brainer if it wasn't on Christmas eve.

milkman
11-04-2000, 07:16 PM
Not that it matters, but is the other BB down, I haven't been able to get to it all day. It makes me smile thinking that it is down, darn glad we have this BB.

milkman
11-04-2000, 07:18 PM
DeepSouth - Welcome to the BB! Sorry to hear that you live near Aint's ville though. Joe Horn has really taken off down there, pretty good to hear that some Chiefs players actually do something after leaving here.

BigAl
11-04-2000, 07:19 PM
morphius, I haven't been able to get on the other board either. I have to admit, that's what prompted me to finally register with ChiefsPlanet.

milkman
11-04-2000, 07:24 PM
DeepSouth - Thanks. I figured as such as well, which is part of the reason I asked. Sometimes it is helpful to have 2 places to post.

WarPaint
11-04-2000, 07:27 PM
I was on the other board early this morning for a few minutes. I posted a response on a topic regarding NoodleArm's family and Grunhard stating that they don't go to the games in Oaktown. I suggested that O.J. and Clinton were more credible than Denise. The topic disapeared almost immediately. and I wasn't able to get on the board again shortly after that.

------------------

Red Eyes

milkman
11-04-2000, 07:34 PM
Milkman - Denise and I had that same argument on another thread. She said her private-eye, I mean friend saw them at one game last year and one game this year, so they go to games. I argued that one game a year does not constitue games, but she just called me pathetic. Normal tactics from her.

WarPaint
11-04-2000, 07:41 PM
Jeff,
That's the topic I'm talking about. You'll find that topic is no longer there, if you can ever get back to that board. I posted that Denise says that she has a friend that has seen the family at games. and we are just supposed to take her at her word?
Aparently she can call other posters names, such as pathetic, but we can't question her credibility.

------------------

Red Eyes

Stuckinbama
11-04-2000, 11:57 PM
Phill,
The Panthers fooled me also. I thought for sure that they would contend because didn't they win many games down the stretch last year? I picked the Ravens for that reason also. However, the team that I picked to be the most improved was the New Orleans Saints. I was right on with that one! Mark that down because I'm not often right. *grin*