PDA

View Full Version : Gunther's job appear secure for at least four more weeks.

KCCory
11-27-2000, 04:02 AM
"A downcast Chiefs president/general manager Carl Peterson stood against a concrete wall in the visitors' locker room after his team's fourth straight loss came to an 0-11 team.

"Obviously, I'm very disappointed,' Peterson said. "They played hard, I didn't see anyone give up or quit in the last four weeks. We've got good players; we're just not playing well enough to get it done. You get five turnovers, you should win."

Peterson said he still has confidence in his coaching staff.

"They're working hard...just not getting it done," he said. "I evaluate a season after a season is over. We have four more to go. I'd like to see us win all of them, but you have to win the first one. I'm not a guy who overreacts."
http://www.kcstar.com/item/pages/chiefs.pat,sports/3774f1c9.b26,.html <P>

KCCory
11-27-2000, 04:08 AM
duh.That should read 'appears', forgot to hit the 's' key. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Blind ref
11-27-2000, 05:17 AM
I have been undecided about gun, and have been willing to give him the benifit of the doubt, because of the lack of coaching behind him. But today he destroyed any hope that i had for him. Not going for 2 was the icing on the cake. And after i read his excuse, it put the sprinkles on top. In a beauracracy, according to the peter priciple, everyone reaches their own level of incompetence. It makes perfect sence. Gun was a great defencive cordinator, but once he was promoted to head coach, he became worthless, and incompetent. Gun is done(nice ring to it). He and is stooges: dumb & dumber, need to be canned to. You are right about his job being safe for another 4 weeks, mainly because of the 2 guys behind him that would take the interm. They are worse than he is. I think Carl, is done to, this would be a hard decision, because you have to admit he has done a heck of a job during the past with drafts. His free agent selection, has alot of questions, but over all he took us out of the '80s. Im worried about this saints guy, i hope he wasnt brought in to be the next GM if carl leaves. Lamar needs to spend some serious cash on coaching and a good GM..that will lead us to the promised land.

Blind ref
I have been undecided about gun, and have been willing to give him the benifit of the doubt, because of the lack of coaching behind him. But today he destroyed any hope that i had for him. Not going for 2 was the icing on the cake. And after i read his excuse, it put the sprinkles on top. In a beauracracy, according to the peter priciple, everyone reaches their own level of incompetence. It makes perfect sence. Gun was a great defencive cordinator, but once he was promoted to head coach, he became worthless, and incompetent. Gun is done(nice ring to it). He and is stooges: dumb & dumber, need to be canned to. You are right about his job being safe for another 4 weeks, mainly because of the 2 guys behind him that would take the interm. They are worse than he is. I think Carl, is done to, this would be a hard decision, because you have to admit he has done a heck of a job during the past with drafts. His free agent selection, has alot of questions, but over all he took us out of the '80s. Im worried about this saints guy, i hope he wasnt brought in to be the next GM if carl leaves. Lamar needs to spend some serious cash on coaching and a good GM..that will lead us to the promised land.

Blind ref