PDA

View Full Version : When Chiefs are out, who do you root for?

chief18
12-01-2000, 03:42 PM
Most of the folks on this board are primarily Chiefs fans. But a lot of people have another team that they root for, but with much less fervor. I lived in Michigan for 10 years so unfortunately I quietly and sadly root for the Lions.

How about the rest of you?

mlyonsd
12-01-2000, 03:47 PM
morphius roots for the Broncos.

Logical
12-01-2000, 03:47 PM
LAKERS

BIG DADDY
Only has one love in football.

milkman
12-01-2000, 03:49 PM
There are a few teams that I root for other then the Chiefs. I normally root for the Vikings, Lions, TB, Giants and SF. Of course Moss and Keyshawn make it hard for me to root for those 2 teams, but oh well...

milkman
12-01-2000, 03:50 PM
JQ - Only when they play that dorkland team...

TEX
12-01-2000, 03:50 PM
1.anyone playing the raiders or broncos
2. the underdog
3.vinny pazienza
4.There are other teams to root for???now there isn't even the Barnstormers http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/frown.gif

Go Chiefs
12-01-2000, 03:51 PM
Webb City Football Cardinals

Won their 2nd in last 4 years and 5th total Class 4a Mo State Championship last Sunday!

WCHS class of 86 - First WC football team that went to playoffs and started the tradition!

Fat Homer
12-01-2000, 03:52 PM
The Chiefs are out of it?...What do you mean the Chiefs are out of it?

Tigers, Jayhawks, Wildcats, Cyclones, Cowboys, Sooners....

Madden 2001 Chiefs too, they always seem to make the playoffs.... :)

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

[This message has been edited by 58Forever (edited 12-01-2000).]

ROBHONDA
12-01-2000, 03:54 PM
i just sadly move over to hockey, and root for the blues...
sec

Clint in Wichita
12-01-2000, 04:06 PM
I will be rooting for whoever plays against the Raiders.

Among NFC teams, the one I'd most like to see succeed is Minnesota.

My other sports teams are: Royals, Warriors, Sharks, Jayhawks, Cal Golden Bears. As you can see, I haven't had much to be happy about with these teams anytime recently...

milkman
12-01-2000, 04:06 PM
Sec - I just haven't been able to get into hockey all that much yet, it normally has to wait till after the football season. Of course my Av's are kicking butt this season, with the Blues right on their tail, so I'm pretty relaxed about it right now.

TheBigChief
12-01-2000, 05:15 PM
KU Jayhawks http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Logical
12-01-2000, 05:22 PM
Wolf,
Like the sharks huh?. me too. Haven't made it to any matches yet this season though. My other teams are the Lakers,SF Giants, Ducks,Beavers and I do like the Jayhawks
You have a lot of CA. teams. Where are you from?.

Woodrow
12-01-2000, 05:41 PM
I don't.

------------------
Remember Joe Delaney?
Some of us do and are acting on our belief that he was a hero.
This is a bandwagon that all are invited to jump on!!!

37 Forever

Chiefnj
12-01-2000, 05:49 PM
Now that the Chiefs are done, I'll root for the Lambs, for don't hold out much hope for them because of their awful defense. Other than that, pretty much anyone but Denver. It would be nice to see a team that's never won anything (or at least not for decades, like us) win it all. It would be cool to see Minnesota finally win the Superbowl - God knows they're due. Maybe even Tampa, although I don't think they have the O to get the job done.

If I had to pick two teams for the SB this year, I'd go with the Raiders and the Vikings. That would be one hell of a game.

One way or another, though, I won't lose any sleep over it. The 2000 season is over. At least there won't be any heartbreak in the playoffs for us this year. I don't ever want to see a repeat of 1997. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/mad.gif

Clint in Wichita
12-01-2000, 05:50 PM
BIG_DADDY,
Lived in KC for 12 years, thus my KC teams. Moved to NoCal 10 years ago and graduated from Cal a few years back, so I adopted the local hockey and NBA team. I enjoy the Giants too. But I can't stand the Faiders, Whiners, and Oakland F's...

Logical
12-01-2000, 06:06 PM
Wolf,
Your in Fremont?. Hell you should come over some time. I am in San Mateo. I just got a new 36" Sony TV and hooked it up to the stereo. Got the dish with all of the programming and I barbacue like a bad dog every Sunday. Interested?.

gh4chiefs
12-01-2000, 06:36 PM
i root 4 my 76ers and celtics and the canes and MU basketball. and i know i will catch he@@ for this but the dolphins!!!!!!!!

------------------
Dont just say it, BRINGGGGG ITTTTTTT!!!!!!!!

Clint in Wichita
12-01-2000, 08:15 PM
Daddy!

Dude, BBQ and a 36" TV? Don't temp me like that! :)

Actually that's a pretty good guess, I am situated in Fremont. At least I was. Right now I'm working on a research project in Oklahoma. Don't know when I'll be back. But thanks for the invite, we definitely should hook up sometime in the future for a game. Hell, we should just get a bunch of NoCal Chiefs fans and go invade the 'Net. We've just got to make sure we're well armed... http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Moon§hiner
12-01-2000, 08:24 PM
All other teams must burn in Hell.

G_Man
12-01-2000, 08:32 PM
I don't root for anyone else...unless their playing the Raiders or the Donks.

Clint in Wichita
12-01-2000, 08:34 PM
Sometimes when the reruns are on, I root for the A-Team...

Stuckinbama
12-01-2000, 09:17 PM
The VIKINGS! Then any team from the AFC West.

Yosef_Malkovitch
12-01-2000, 09:42 PM
My second favorite team is the Panthers, So at least I know that one of my teams will win in a couple of weeks ( watch it go to a 0-0 tie :mad: ). I also kinda like the Lions, and I am a big Charlie Batch fan. Other than that there are a few teams that are OK that I will root for, should they give me a reason.

------------------
WILDCATS 29
corn balls 28

Ecto-I
12-02-2000, 02:05 AM
I find the Saints to be interesting of late . . . I will start watching the KU Jayhawks once they start playing real teams . . . I also watch the Kansas City Sacremento Kings and the Lakers (its a band wagon thing)

In the NFL playoffs I tend to favor the underdog

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-02-2000, 05:52 AM
Can't vote with you on that one, WisChief. Too many years watching you all pick on 3A teams.

Bob Dole roots for all passing automobiles that might strike the little b@stard that keeps throwing his trash in Bob Dole's yard.

Bob Dole
(Former Nevada Tiger)

Gracie Dean
12-02-2000, 09:23 AM
I root for the pizza to hit my mouth and the beer to pour without spillage.

Seriously, I root for whatever underdog is playing. I anticipate that I may adopt the Texans as an enjoyable team since I have season tickets. It depends on how the realignment plays out though. I may just go to Texan games to jeer them. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

Go Chiefs
12-02-2000, 09:28 AM
Dole, when where you in Nevada?

No more 3A's for WC now - The only 4A they play now are conference games.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-02-2000, 09:56 AM
Bob Dole was in Nevamo from birth until 1981.

Iowanian
12-02-2000, 11:06 AM
KPhobia

I hear ya. I too will adopt the Texans, as my second choice of course. As for now, for some odd reason I like the Jaguars. I don't know why. Maybe it is because in my old college Play Station days I had great success with them.

------------------
TWB

Chief Henry
12-02-2000, 01:08 PM
Vikes, cause I've got Pepper,Moss & Carter on my fantasy teams!

Ecto-I
12-02-2000, 03:15 PM
My second fav NFL team is the Jaguars . . .

I was living (stationed) in Jacksonville then they were awarded the franchise . . . we were considered the underdog city . . . so that made the selection even more special and this city went ape s**t!

I saw the first NFL (exibition) game ever in what is now called Alltel (sp?) Stadium
Broncos @ Jaguars

To be completely honest with you guys . . . the most fired up I've ever been about a NFL football gane is in the 4th qtr of that playoff game where the Jags beat the Donx ('96?). . . I was bouncing off the walls!

I'm awaiting the day that the Chiefs hook me up with that kind of emotion.

Yosef_Malkovitch
12-02-2000, 03:41 PM
CRP, you could be waiting for some time. :(

------------------
WILDCATS 29
corn balls 28

CHIEF1
12-02-2000, 11:34 PM
Ever since I was a kid, I always had a penchant fer 'da Steelers. Musta been the Mean Joe commercial. "Hey kid... catch."

rh :)
ahh, the fuzzies...

Yosemity Sam
12-02-2000, 11:55 PM
I honestly don't root for anyone. I consider the football season done when the Chiefs quit playing. I will be rooting for the Raiders playoff adversaries though.