PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Dennis to start instead of Warfield.

DaKCMan AP
09-14-2000, 03:28 PM
Here is the link on kcchiefs.com
http://www.kcchiefs.com/latest/mainnews.asp?storyID=1684&cat=1&showLatest=yes

It has nothing to do with the back injury, but basically Warfield is not consistent and is getting benched!

redbrian
09-14-2000, 03:37 PM
Good. Warfield has shown why he was a 7th round pick this year. He will make a fine backup, though.

I really wish Bartee would progress at the same pace that Dennis and Wesley have.

------------------
This is my signature!! There are many like it but this one is mine!!

DoktorSmith
Why not...Dennis looks as capable as Warfield and maybe this will light a fire under Warfields *** ...I like Warfieled, but he said himself that he doesn't have that killer attitude...he needs to find it quick...

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

htismaqe
Bob Dole will call the Texarkana Gazette and let them know one of their hometown boys has been benched.

As we all know, Dennis starting only means that he'll play the first down of the game. He'll probably sit out the other 66 plays.

Mike
09-14-2000, 03:38 PM
Hmmm. Surprising, but I'm excited anyway.

Also, the Chiefs signed Kendrick Gholston to the practice squad. Chris Gall was released to make room.

DaKCMan AP
09-14-2000, 03:40 PM
Dole - That is RB or WR where starting means nothing.

Dr. Red
09-14-2000, 03:41 PM
Morph - I especially liked this bauble from Gun's mouth -

Dennis will be the third rookie to start for the Chiefs after only two games. "I'll tell you what," Cunningham said, "that's what the game is all about. Guys want to play and I'm going to put ‘em out on the field. I've always said that."

Well I certainly hope your players that want to play are on the field. And, I'm glad he has always been known for that comment. Sheesh, this guy is a modern day Yogi Berra.

Mike
09-14-2000, 04:35 PM
Hmmm. Surprising, but I'm excited anyway.

Also, the Chiefs signed Kendrick Gholston to the practice squad. Chris Gall was released to make room.