PDA

View Full Version : Hunt says Gun back next year....

egonzo
12-09-2000, 12:32 AM
Bombs away! It'in the Star.

Clint in Wichita
12-09-2000, 04:05 AM
I really doubt Lamar would come out and say anything to the contrary even if we were winless. Very few owners do, unless you are Snyder. Heck, even Spanos gave Riley a vote of confidence. Words mean nothing. The desision will be made after the season...

Lurker Brett
12-09-2000, 06:57 AM
I hope you are right Wolf, that was not the way to start my weekend off. I could see this developing, if CP stays, Gun goes. And vica versa. Talk about a lousy choice, guess I would go with the latter because GC will only get a one year extension, where CP will get 5 probably.

Iowanian
12-09-2000, 09:16 AM
http://www.kcstar.com/item/pages/chiefs.pat,sports/3774f969.c08,.html

What a sad day in KC and all across the nation.

------------------
TWB

homebizy
12-09-2000, 09:41 AM
Boy, this organization is making all the right moves to stay mediocre!

I still think he gets fired! He is an awful coach.

Moon§hiner
12-09-2000, 09:42 AM
I'm beginning to think that Hunt is a silly old man.

homebizy
12-09-2000, 09:53 AM
Brock,

First the kaufmann stadium fiasco on Monday night, now his crap coach is doing "a fine job"! Lamar loves mediocrity as long as it fills the seats. I just wish he would come out and say "as long as the seats are full, I am happy with Gunter and Carl"

What is up with Hunt? I too think he is to old and the game has passed him by.

egonzo
12-09-2000, 09:58 AM
Kent, obviously the League thinks that too, that's why he is one of seven who decides the realignment. Lamar has no clout...Riiight.

Stuckinbama
12-09-2000, 09:59 AM
Dumb and Dumber or Beavis and Butthead?

Stuckinbama
12-09-2000, 10:03 AM
"Silly old man" - Hardly! He's getting up in years but Lamar knew enough to say that he wanted a RB last year - he said it again this year. Carl is the one who's losing it!

homebizy
12-09-2000, 10:03 AM
Jerry Jones is on a lot of committees too. He has singlehandly destroyed that team. Committees dont mean that you are cutting edge and innovative.

Hunt loves Gun, thinks he is doing a fine job. That should say enough about the man.

What about that innovative idea he had with Kaufmann Stadium for the Monday night game? All teams should adopt that, shouldnt they. Hell, he's on the reallignmnet commmittee so he must know what he is doing, right?

homebizy
12-09-2000, 10:06 AM
Texas Chief,

Its one thing to say the obvious, its another to make the General Manager address the problem. Everyone in America knows about the Chiefs running backs. If Hunt really knew what was going on, the Chiefs would have had a running back by now.

Chief Nathan
12-09-2000, 10:06 AM
If Goonthar and staff are allowed to come back next year, I will be having a Chiefs merchandise and apparel bonfire in my back yard this spring.

Stuckinbama
12-09-2000, 10:07 AM
Ken,
The Stadium Idea was just a shot in the dark - no big deal. IMHO, you're making a BIG DEAL out of NOTHING. It didn't work - SO WHAT! Makes NO difference in the scheme of things. You're right about a lot of things - you don't have to jump at this opportunity. Save your energy for the offseason and Carl! *grin*

homebizy
12-09-2000, 10:11 AM
Texas Chief,

I am not making a big deal out of the Kaufman thing. It was a shot in the dark, but an embarrassing outcome.

Lamar is to nice of a guy. To loyal. Sports is a cutthroat busines. GMs that dont win playoff games in seven years are shown the door. Coaches that get outcoached almost every game are shown the door.

Not in Kansas City. Thats why I believe sell outs are more important than on the field dominance. What else could it be?

Mi_chief_fan
12-09-2000, 10:15 AM
This is indeed good news! This means that not only will we have high draft choices this year, but we will be drafting very high again in the 2002 draft also. We should be able to pick up a 3 very good interior linemen over the next 2 drafts. Coupled with Tait and Riley at Tackles, we won't need a RB because we already have Bennett, no wait, Cloud, no wait a minute, Richardson, dooh, Bennett, no, Moreau, wait a minute, Anders is running real good, but you know I really like Bennett....

... and, from what I understand, Grbac has never won a playoff game?????

egonzo
12-09-2000, 10:16 AM
I'm sure if Lamar knew how you felt Ken, it would break his heart.

You PICKED the Chiefs, Ken, they didn't pick you.

Go buy a Vette, them tell them that it's not what you expected, and try to get your money back. Then drive the car and ***** to everyone how mediocre the performance is.<P>

homebizy
12-09-2000, 10:21 AM
Stevey Ray,

By your last comments, I take it your satisfied with the direction this team is going. I am not the only one who "vents" about this team. Many others do too. Football is the fans game. We are the customers. Venting and booing is part of the game.

egonzo
12-09-2000, 10:34 AM
I didn't say that, you did. There are things I would like to see change, but I'm not going to lay the blame at one man's feet and say he doesn't care, doen't want to win, etc.

Gun will be back, Grbac will be back. and peterson as well. If you disagree with that, why are you coming back?

Just to ***** . Period.

[This message has been edited by stevieray (edited 12-09-2000).]

chief18
12-09-2000, 11:50 AM
I thought the most interesting point in the article was Hunt's statement that the running game has to improve. He said it at the end of last year, and now he's saying it again.

Maybe this time the owner's sentiment will be upheld.

We'd all be smiling a lot more if it were.

BigChiefsFan
12-09-2000, 01:59 PM
For those in KC--
Did any of you here Lamar on 810 WHB Friday afternoon? Keitzman interviewed Lamar and he (Lamar)said he was happy with Carl and that he will be back. All he said about Gun was that he would "evaluate his performance at the end of the season." He didn't say he would stay or go. Now he tells the Star that Gun will stay.

Which is it Lamar??!! Make up your f*cking mind, would ya?

They should all be canned, IMO. Lamar also said that his son has some interest in the team, but not as President. He said he never expected any of his kids to handle the "day to day" operations of the team. Great, so once Lamar passes on, we'll still have an absentee owner.

MM
~~Convinced the madness will never end.

[This message has been edited by Mark M (edited 12-09-2000).]

redshirt32
12-09-2000, 02:10 PM
If Gun is back the Cheifs are sunk again in 2001...

I guess Lamar has forgotten about the Paul Wiggins era... remarkably similar...

[This message has been edited by TheFly (edited 12-09-2000).]

elvislivesinkc
12-09-2000, 03:58 PM
When I read this article this morning, I found myself asking, "Ok Gun's back for next year, but do I need to be back next year?" I mean I am EXTREMELY fed up with Gun's crap (the 45 second play clock comment was the final straw for me).

But as a huge fan, I'll glady renew my season tickets next near and keep going back hoping for the best, expecting the worst. It's almost like being a crack junkie.

------------------
Gary

elvislivesinkc
12-09-2000, 04:02 PM
I'm sure Wolf was right in post #1, they're not going to give us the straight truth at this time.

But don't you just get the feeling some times that Lamar Hunt kind of takes us fans and our continued support for granted?

I don't want to give up my season tickets, and it won't do any good if I did as there is a waiting list a mile long for season tickets. But I sure wish I could come up with a legitimate, respectful, way to send Mr Hunt a message to "stop the insanity".

------------------
Gary

Baby Lee
12-09-2000, 04:06 PM
gh,
I'll take your season tickets off your hands, buddy, pal, friend! http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/wink.gif

elvislivesinkc
12-09-2000, 04:12 PM
Well MiChief, I wish you had my tickets for tomorrows game, as I'm not going. I tried getting rid of the tickets and got NO takers whatsoever.

Times sure have changed, it wasn't very long ago that I had people begging me for tickets.

------------------
Gary

Baby Lee
12-09-2000, 04:14 PM
I wish you could have giveen me notice. I'd still drive 9 hrs just to see a game at Arrowhead. I've never been. I'd still love to go, no matter how bad it's been.

elvislivesinkc
12-09-2000, 04:20 PM
I can understand that Mi, it is a great experience. I had planned to go with a co-worker and we both were struck down with serious cold/flu bug this week and backed out of going. (Sitting out in the cold, yelling our heads off didn't seem like a good thing to do).

We were holding out hope that we could go, but it's just not working out. I tried some people where I work to get rid of the tickets, and as I said no takers. I'm sure if I would have had some time, I could have unloaded them. Oh well, I guess I'll have eat those two tickets.

(Maybe I'll unwittingly send that message I was speaking of.) LOL

------------------
Gary

[This message has been edited by gh4chiefs (edited 12-09-2000).]

Baby Lee
12-09-2000, 04:28 PM
Yeah, i'd save my strength too. Hope you feel better.

elvislivesinkc
12-09-2000, 04:49 PM
Thanks Mi.

Yeah I have to get myself well and my throat in top shape for the final game against the Broncos next week. :)

------------------
Gary