PDA

View Full Version : What do you need to see Sunday to give you hope...

Lurker Brett
09-14-2000, 11:38 AM
For myself:

1. Pass to open up the run.
2. Pass to run ratio of 60/40.
3. At least 6 different receivers with positive yards.
4. One RB getting at least 18-20 carries.
5. At least one decent try at a bomb to Sly.

6. An all out assault on Leaf. I think he can still be pressured into a poor game.
7. Decent pressure with only the front four.
8. No missed tackles.
9. More man to man coverage.
10. Refuse to panic and go to the prevent defense if ahead.
11. At least two punts that are not returned for any yardage.

Out of these, the first 5 are all decisions that need to be made by the coaches. For the most part the rest are performance items.

I guess what this little excercise shows to me is I have more faith in the players then the coaching.

[This message has been edited by mlyonsd (edited 09-14-2000).]

Dr. Red
09-14-2000, 11:40 AM
4 New Coaches, a premier RB and QB, and 2 quality DB's.

wutamess
09-14-2000, 11:46 AM
In addition to everything you have all added... a shutout with a score of AT LEAST 42-0. With our talent, THAT is how bad we should beat them.

Stryker
09-14-2000, 11:51 AM
00:00 on the clock, 4th quarter

Stryker
09-14-2000, 11:53 AM
Seriously(?), if we don't "force feed" Gonzo the ball 10 times, I will personally kick Jimmy Raye's @SS! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/mad.gif

DoktorSmith
09-14-2000, 12:01 PM
Pass, Pass, Pass, run, pass, pass, pass, run...Let's see exactly how good Morris can be...get the ball to Gonzo...a little play action on the Goal line instead of up the gut 4 times...

Defense hold them to no more then 10 points...

but, very simply, just a win of any kind will give me hope...if we destroy them like we should, then I will have even more hope...

We all still have time to run to Brands Mart and buy our big screens...if we shut them out..it's free... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------
joe
"I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together!"

AustinChief
09-14-2000, 12:42 PM
Gun and the Stooges standing in the unemployment line.

Snapper
09-14-2000, 12:42 PM
A Play action bomb to Morris on the first play of the Game.

I want them to use the pay action pass a lot. Run the ball, but use the play action, Gonzo will thank you.

Hoover

lmiller
09-14-2000, 01:12 PM
A WIN! Doesn't matter how we get it done. A win would be the enema this team needs to get regular again.

------------------
Not disgruntled....yet.

alphacroon
09-14-2000, 01:54 PM
just a win. preferably by a wide margin.

AustinChief
09-14-2000, 01:59 PM
Move the ball, dammit! And always try to score when you have the ball. No more of this "let's punt and have our defense save the day" crap!<BR>

SPUTinKC
09-14-2000, 05:05 PM
Chitown

I think you hit the nail on the head!

milkman
09-14-2000, 05:09 PM
What do I see that gives me hope? The San Diego Chargers. That's about it.

Hopefully even we aren't bad enough to lose to those chumps at home.

Lurker Brett
09-18-2000, 11:57 AM
It is interesting how this thread from last week compares to what happened Sunday....

1. Yes, they did pass to open up the run.
2. Pass to run ratio was more like 50/50.
3. Yes, at least 6 different players caught a pass.
4. Moreau did get 18 carries.
5. Morris caught a bomb for a TD.

6. The defense pressured the QB all game.
7. The defensive line had 6 sacks and chased the QB all day without outside help.
8. I don't remember any blatant missed tackles.
9. I think the dback coverage was the same although I liked what Dennis did.
10. It looked to me that we pretty much stuck with the normal defense even with a lead.
11. Saurbraun had an excellent day, the kind we all had hoped for.

Looks to me that out of 11 items on my wish list I got about 9 of them.

I hope this game is used as a building block and we can do more of the same at Denver.

[This message has been edited by mlyonsd (edited 09-18-2000).]

[This message has been edited by mlyonsd (edited 09-18-2000).]

milkman
09-18-2000, 12:02 PM
Boy, I just reread my Post 12. Niiiiiice attitude, there (slapping myself upside the head). Sure is nice not to feel that way today.

Hope I still feel this way a week from now!

Raiderhater
09-18-2000, 12:06 PM
Mark: It was pretty close to 60/40 until that last drive. I dont think we passed the ball but twice out of 12 plays. EG's kneel downs were considered rushes as well. That's 12 of the 34 rushes in the last 2 minutes of the game.

[This message has been edited by KCTitus (edited 09-18-2000).]

Brock
09-18-2000, 12:06 PM
mlyonsd,

Looks to me like Gun read your post. Think he posted it up in the sky box for the stooges to keep them on track?

Dev
~very impressed... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
GO CHIEFS!!!!

Lurker Brett
09-18-2000, 12:12 PM
Gregg, thanks, I was just going by box score and didn't think of the last drive.

Dev, no need to be impressed, my 11 were probably the same things everyone has been complaining about.

I just hope Gun sees the light and goes for more of the same. SD has a very respectable defense. I hope we can do more of the same with easier defenses (i.e. Denver, St. Louis).

DoktorSmith
09-18-2000, 12:30 PM
"Pass, Pass, Pass, run, pass, pass, pass, run...Let's see exactly how good Morris can be...get the ball to Gonzo...a little play action on the Goal line instead of up the gut 4 times...
Defense hold them to no more then 10 points..."

This is from post #5 that I did last week...am I Nostradamus or what?.... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Maybe I can do the same thing this week...

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

AustinChief
09-18-2000, 12:31 PM
Please do it again!!!! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif