PDA

View Full Version : Duane Clemons likely out against Bolts

AZChief
09-13-2000, 04:13 AM
The Topeka Journal is reporting that KC will likely be without Duane Clemons in the lineup this Sunday against the Bolts. The story continued saying that Clemons was seen on crutches Monday as a result of a hip injury against Tennessee. John Browning may, again, be moved outside while Dan Williams would return to a starting tackle spot. The article concluded that LB Gary Stills has been working at DE this week to fill the vacancy. (The story can be found in the "notes" section at the tail end of the story, "Defensive about Offense" at www.cjonline.com/chiefszone). (http://www.cjonline.com/chiefszone).)

Sounds like bad news to me. Clemons, unlike Bush, was really starting to make an impact on our defense. The absence of our best pass rusher is sure to put more pressure on our young secondary which, in turn, will put more pressure on the NFL's 28th ranked Offense. We need this game bad!!

In happier news, Hasty should be ok.

------------------
AZChief

Remember Kansas City's hero, Joe Delaney #37.

Idaho Chief
09-13-2000, 06:26 AM
So do you think that they have given up on Stills being a LB? Maybe he is a better fit for the DE spot. If I remember correctly Clemons was played by the vi-queens as both a LB and DE. Didn't he begin in the league as a LB? I think that they finally settled on him as a DE and we are seeing the fruits of that decision.

Maybe it will be the same for Stills. It would be great to have another speed DE to rotate in.

------------------
GO CHIEFS!!!!

[This message has been edited by Idaho Chief (edited 09-13-2000).]

morphius
09-13-2000, 07:10 AM
Idaho - I don't know what they are doing with Stills. Personally I have to wonder if they allowed him to stand up at the line instead of getting into the 3 pt position if he would become the pass rusher they want. I know that DT struggled when moved from stand up LB to 3 pt stance, the 3 pt stance works better if you want to go into a player, but I feel the standup position is better if you want to move around them. Plus I don't think it is that easy of a transistion to a guy who is not used to it. Just one of those things I have never understood I guess.

AZChief
09-13-2000, 02:33 PM
Anybody know how big Stills is off the top of their head? Seems to me he's a little small to play on the line.

AZ

ansonsdad
09-13-2000, 02:38 PM
6'2" 235 lbs.-This info is from his rookie year.

One Arrowhead Dave
09-13-2000, 02:41 PM
Kansas City Chiefs

POS. PLAYER INJURY STATUS
G Dave Szott arm Out
DE Ty Parten knee Out
FB Donnell Bennett foot Questionable
DE Duane Clemons hip Questionable
TE Jason Dunn shoulder Questionable
RB Dante Hall back Questionable
CB James Hasty toe Questionable
CB Eric Warfield back Questionable
DT Chester McGlockton shoulder Probable

San Diego Chargers

POS. PLAYER INJURY STATUS
FS Jason Perry knee Out
CB Fakhir Brown shoulder Questionable
DE Al Fontenot calf Questionable
WR Jeff Graham hamstring/back Questionable
CB DeRon Jenkins hamstring Questionable
RB Kenny Bynum shoulder Probable
C Kendyl Jacox ankle Probable
CB Darryll Lewis ribs Probable <BR>

Chiefnj
09-13-2000, 02:46 PM
Stills would be awfully small for a DE. I also thought he was on the bubble for being cut. Obviously Gun has no faith in the kid if Carl is calling down to the field demanding that he be placed in the game and Gun still doesn't play him.

ansonsdad
09-13-2000, 02:47 PM
sounds like the SD secondary is banged up.Maybe we should try to throw the ball against them?