PDA

View Full Version : Why all the excitement over Moreau?

WarPaint
09-18-2000, 06:29 PM
I'm sorry I just don't see it. Why is everyone so excited about the kid? 18 carries for 58 yards and people are talking like he is Edgerrin James. It was a 3.2 avg. He didn't show any great speed in turning the corner and he didn't break any long runs. What am I missing? I still see the need for a gamebreaking HB.

htismaqe
09-18-2000, 06:35 PM
A rookie who in the 3rd game of the season is showing some good acceleration and power, and the knack for falling forward when tackled.

Buzzbait
09-18-2000, 06:37 PM
easy the kid has the potential to be a Jamal Anderson type with 4.4 speed. He has great vision plus he was going against a stingy run defense. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/cool.gif

[This message has been edited by ChiefPriority (edited 09-18-2000).]

DaveC
09-18-2000, 06:41 PM
At least-CLANG!-he looked better-CLANG!-than the running-CLANG!-in the first two games-CLANG!

ddpatterson
09-18-2000, 06:42 PM
Moreau, like most good runners, gained momentun as he got more carries. He started out with 3 or 4 runs that netted him little or nothing. By the time he reached his 13th, 14th rushing attempts, he was hitting holes quickly and barreling over people. If this is any indication of his ability, if he gets 22-25 carries a game, he could be pick up a couple of 100 yard games, and possibly break off a couple of long ones. He needs to get the rock so we can find out.
Most of the 100 yard rushers against the Chiefs haven't done much through the 1st 2-2 1/2 qtrs. With enough carries, they've eventually broken out.

------------------

Red Eyes
Chinn Up.

[b]The SitCom must die!!</B>

BigChiefsFan
09-18-2000, 08:41 PM
Many good points guys.

The guy has size, strength, (a 4.4 40?).
He seems to have good running back instincts.
I think the missing ingredients are carries-experience.

At this point I think I like Moreau and TRich back there.

htismaqe
09-18-2000, 08:43 PM
Chiefnj,

Turn what corner?

We never pitched the ball to him or gave him a play to run wide... except in preseason where he did it better than any RB the Chiefs have had in years.

Luz
give moreau the ball...

TEX
09-19-2000, 01:46 AM
After weeks of questionable performances by Mike Cloud, Moreau deserves 15 carries next week. His vision and ability to lean forward at the end of the carry look promising thus far.

Mark-
is licking his chops at the idea of a rookie powered offense.

[This message has been edited by revolver808 (edited 09-19-2000).]

Warrior5
09-19-2000, 06:22 AM
Chiefnj,

I have been slow to enthuse about Moreau. But the last game was really encouraging. He didn't have great ypc, but that will get better. He runs with his eyes forward and almost always seems to get the extra yard or two. As opposed to Bennett. He doesn't always go down with the first tackler either (he high-stepped right out of a tackle in a crowd against SD), and falls forward when he is hit. Right now he looks like he is worthy of 20+ carries per game with T-Rich getting the other 10. I thought his speed was more like 4.55, but, whatever his 40 speed is, he's quick enough to the hole and has good enough vision to see it and squeeze through. I'd like to see Gun make him a feature back for a few games at least.

The one reservation I have is that we used the pass to set up the run in the SD game which is easy when we have all the momentum etc. We have yet to see how well he can run in a tight game situation.

Fat Homer
09-19-2000, 08:21 AM
I don't think anyone is proclaiming Frank Moreau the next "_______"... it has just been pointed out that he is our best option at tailback right now. An assertion I absolutely agree with http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

AustinChief
09-19-2000, 08:29 AM
Frank Moreau isn't the next coming of anybody. But he is the best halfback on the Chiefs roster. He showed flashes in the pre-season, including an 11 carry, 66 yard performance. He had a tough 12 yard run against Indy, only to be taken out and placed on the bench.

He ran hard against a stingy SD defense last week and deserves to get the bulk of the carries against Denver.

------------------
Parker
ChiefsPlanet Administrator
Jimmy Raye for President...anything to get him out of Kansas City
[i]More Moreau</I>

Fat Homer
09-19-2000, 08:33 AM
Is there an echo in here? http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/tongue.gif

Raiderhater
09-19-2000, 08:36 AM
yes. yes.

Buzzbait
09-19-2000, 10:13 AM
I Don't believe anybody said he's the second coming of any body but.... the kid is learning at this point and he will get better. He has that Barry Word/Jamal Anderson style that can burn or beat up a defense. Every carry he gets stronger and stronger 3.2 Avg. against a stingy defense and first real carries he has had (pretty good)

Added to that the kid never gives up. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/cool.gif