PDA

View Full Version : I still think Cloud should get more touches...

58Forever
09-19-2000, 10:08 AM
you can't just bring him in on 3rd down and pitch him the ball...you need to try that on first downs...and I'd love to see him get some receptions...he has some moves...

I figure if we pass conservatively, we should have about 40 plays to split between Trich, Moreau and Cloud...

TRich should be the primary back and needs to get the ball at least 20 times on the ground and 5 or so in the air...Moreau and Cloud should split the rest...about 10 each...

If we use 3 backs, is it still RBBC?....and would it help or hurt us to split the time between Moreau and Cloud?...

I just see Cloud as a back who could really break it after we pound and pound with Moreau and TRich...but he has to be used on any down in any situation....

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

htismaqe
09-19-2000, 11:11 AM
A back that way 205lbs. must have at least 1 of 2 things to be a successful in the NFL: speed or vision.

So far, Cloud has shown me that he has neither of these things. His burst on kickoff returns was horrible. It takes him way to long to hit the hole. And when a hole is created inside his running lane (goal line vs. Tenn) he can't see it...

Moreau is the guy that should get 20 totes a game. Give the rest to TRich.

------------------
Parker
ChiefsPlanet Administrator
Jimmy Raye for President...anything to get him out of Kansas City
[i]More Moreau</I>

ck_IN
09-19-2000, 11:20 AM
I've had to revise my opinion of Cloud. Originally I saw him as a feature back. After what he's shown to date I'm viewing him as a 3rd down back.

I'd like to see him be used in that role much like Faulk is used; going in motion, catching swing passes in space, the occasional carry on a pitch or draw.

I still think Cloud can be an exceptional RB, but he has to start showing something.

King_Chief_Fan
09-19-2000, 12:11 PM
He just doesn't seem to fit with the coaches. Kind of like Greg Hill. He must not have impressed anyone with anything at this point. Frank M. appears to be a favorite. **** happens http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------

Would rather be golfing

G_Man
09-19-2000, 02:36 PM
NO! Giving carries to all RBs decreases the effectiveness of all RBs. Let ONE get into a groove. Use Moreau, with T-Rich still getting a few carries and his one back stuff. Give Cloud a seat next to Stills. Cloud has NEVER shown anything and he'll NEVER be exceptional. He doesn't have speed, power, or vision. I don't see what anyone sees in him. He is the least likely of ALL our RBs to "break one." JMO, of course. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

G_Man
09-19-2000, 02:37 PM
And Cloud should NEVER be included in the same sentence as Faulk. Faulk is a playmaker. Cloud is a nobody.