PDA

View Full Version : A Rare PhilFree Vent Thread

philfree
10-12-2005, 04:24 PM
My 14 year old daughter wants to get her nose pierced and her mom thinks it's O.K. but they had to ask daddy and he said no. So now the wife has approached me a few times trying to sway me and I keep saying no. I tell them in situations like this "you know how I feel but do what the hell you want". :banghead: It's pissing me off and if I hear about it again I think I'm gonna explode. :cuss: Don't ask me if you don't wanna stand by my wishes and don't beg me about it....... :cuss:

PhilFree:arrow:

Phobia
10-12-2005, 04:26 PM
In situations like this I hug my sister-in-law really tight.

el borracho
10-12-2005, 04:28 PM
You might try telling your girl to wait X amount of time (6 months?, a year?, 2 years?, however long you think that fad will last) and see if she still wants it. Chances are she will not.

Uatu
10-12-2005, 04:29 PM
Tell your wife that if she lets your daughter punch a hole in her nose you're going to punch a hole in hers.

philfree
10-12-2005, 04:34 PM
In situations like this I hug my sister-in-law really tight.

Well if she was here I would and actually it's my wifes niece who's a 35 year old woman. If I'd have met her first......I digress.........

Rain Man
10-12-2005, 04:35 PM
Hire a couple of 14 year-old boys to have a conversation near you at a restaurant about how stupid nose piercings look. You can solve the problem for $20.

And by the way, nose piercings do indeed look stupid unless you're Asian Indian. Then they're kind of cool.

philfree
10-12-2005, 04:35 PM
You might try telling your girl to wait X amount of time (6 months?, a year?, 2 years?, however long you think that fad will last) and see if she still wants it. Chances are she will not.

I tell'm both that the nose is mine till she's 18.

philfree
10-12-2005, 04:38 PM
Tell your wife that if she lets your daughter punch a hole in her nose you're going to punch a hole in hers.

LOL....She's wanted her nose pierced every since Lori Morgan did her's. That was 10 years ago. I said no to that to and actually won that battle so far.

Donger
10-12-2005, 04:38 PM
Jsut tell her that the number of piercings and tatoos that one has is inversely proportional to that person's IQ.

That should do the trick.

Hammock Parties
10-12-2005, 04:41 PM
My sister got this done a year or two ago.

I think it looks horrible. She's an otherwise attractive girl.

Your daughter will do it anyway when she turns 18 most likely.

C-Mac
10-12-2005, 04:45 PM
Some of the best advice I can give a father....let your no's mean no and your yes's mean yes.
There is a new fad every 90 days to deal with, I would still like to kick Brittany Spears right in her low cuts.

chefsos
10-12-2005, 04:48 PM

Your daughter will do it anyway when she turns 18 most likely.
That's generally Dad's best case scenario, anyway. You just get 'em to 18 without a baby, school dropout, drug habit, or self incurred physical defilements; job well done.

Phobia
10-12-2005, 04:50 PM
Tell her she can get her nose pierced if you're the one to do it. She is probably rutting up the yard anyway....

http://www.fearing.co.uk/images/th_pcnra.jpg

Phobia
10-12-2005, 04:51 PM

Not really. She's kinda nasty, especially since we know what goes on in her bedroom.

philfree
10-12-2005, 04:52 PM
That's generally Dad's best case scenario, anyway. You just get 'em to 18 without a baby, school dropout, drug habit, or self incurred physical defilements; job well done.

That's my goal and by then as a parent you hope that you did a good enough job that they don't make a ton of bad decisions and screw up thier life.

Hammock Parties
10-12-2005, 04:52 PM
Not really. She's kinda nasty, especially since we know what goes on in her bedroom.

:rolleyes:

Extra Point
10-12-2005, 04:56 PM
Two things:

1) Dairy cattle get their noses pierced so they can be led around. Your daughter most likely doesn't resemble a cow. Why resemble an animal that gets led around for someone else's purpose?

2) Sh7t like that can be paid for and done while she's not under your roof. As soon as she pays market rent and assumes responsibility for herself, she can spend her own money and pierce anything she wants.

I think you may have blown it, with the "You know how I feel, but do what the Hell you want." Remember, Dad, it's never about how you feel, it's always about what they want.

philfree
10-12-2005, 04:56 PM
This has driven me to the whiskey and it's way to early for that. Got to go to my Lil Sis' B-Day dinner and I shouldn't show up whiskey bent but.......Good Lord PLease Give Me Strength................Sip.....&....Chase :)

philfree
10-12-2005, 05:05 PM
Two things:

1) Dairy cattle get their noses pierced so they can be led around. Your daughter most likely doesn't resemble a cow. Why resemble an animal that gets led around for someone else's purpose?

2) Sh7t like that can be paid for and done while she's not under your roof. As soon as she pays market rent and assumes responsibility for herself, she can spend her own money and pierce anything she wants.

I think you may have blown it, with the "You know how I feel, but do what the Hell you want." Remember, Dad, it's never about how you feel, it's always about what they want.

She's the one on the right.

Philfree:arrow:

Hydrae
10-12-2005, 05:23 PM
My kids have known for many years that the boys get nothing pierced until 18, girls can get ears pierced at 14. Knowing that line the topic never even came up. My daughter is now 18 and only has ear piercings. If she wants anything else, it's her money!

onescrewleftuntwisted
10-12-2005, 05:28 PM
what about an eye brow find a common ground, let her get another piercing in her ear, if all else fails tell her it makes her nose run all the time

4th and Long
10-12-2005, 05:31 PM
Give her the old, "When you're an adult and you move out and start paying your own bills, you can pierce whatever you want to, because I'm not paying for it as long as you're living unde my roof." speech.

KChiefsQT
10-12-2005, 05:33 PM
Don't let her. She'll hate you now but love you later. I was allowed to get my eyebrow pierced when i was 15 and I took it out a year later. I now have two scars from the damn thing... wish the 'rents would have said no.

onescrewleftuntwisted
10-12-2005, 05:34 PM
tell her it is this or nothing else

http://graphics1.snopes.com/photos/bodymods/graphics/corset3.jpg

that should quiet her down a bit
damn that looks painfull

Calcountry
10-12-2005, 05:57 PM
Hire a couple of 14 year-old boys to have a conversation near you at a restaurant about how stupid nose piercings look. You can solve the problem for $20.

And by the way, nose piercings do indeed look stupid unless you're Asian Indian. Then they're kind of cool.This will DEFINITELY backfire unless the kids KNOW how to act.

el borracho
10-12-2005, 06:02 PM
She's the one on the right.

Philfree:arrow:
In the red?

Extra Point
10-12-2005, 06:02 PM
Phil, your daughter is very attractive. She doesn't need anything to look better.

KChiefsQT
10-12-2005, 06:04 PM
Phil, your daughter is very attractive. She doesn't need anything to look better.
WATCH IT THERE BUDDY.

Extra Point
10-12-2005, 06:08 PM
WATCH IT THERE BUDDY.
WTF do you mean?!

That comment worked for daughter. I wasn't excited about the belly button deal, but Mom's Mom, and the younger daughter mastered that tactic!

tommykat
10-12-2005, 06:19 PM
I know first hand that they made the kids take out all the piercings they had to work where I do.....Doubt if she would care, but most people that hire anyone won't accept this.

chiefs4me
10-12-2005, 06:35 PM
STAY firm daddy...she is still under your control and when she turns 18 and wants it done then so be it...Don't give in...but watch out...your wife is probably gonna try and get a yes out of you during sex... you do realize this, don't you? And if she's on the daughters side, you might get a whole lot more.....:)

Taco John
10-12-2005, 06:48 PM
I don't understand why people want to put that crap in their nose... Why don't they just put on a shirt that broadcasts "I have low self esteem" and get it over with?

I remember back in college I had a buddy who would target these girls... He'd always say, "the borderline girls with piercings are the easy lay. If she smokes, it's a done deal."

jAZ
10-12-2005, 07:03 PM
My 14 year old daughter wants to get her nose pierced and her mom thinks it's O.K. but they had to ask daddy and he said no. So now the wife has approached me a few times trying to sway me and I keep saying no. I tell them in situations like this "you know how I feel but do what the hell you want". :banghead: It's pissing me off and if I hear about it again I think I'm gonna explode. :cuss: Don't ask me if you don't wanna stand by my wishes and don't beg me about it....... :cuss:

As I rant, I say... "that too bad, dude."

As a matter of principle, WTF is it her responsibility to "stand by (your) wishes"? If you two disagree, does your opinion trump by default?

Seems like if you are both strongly feeling differently about a subject... actually TALKING about the topic is the only reasonable approach to the subject. Maybe its the WAY she's "talking" about it with you?

gblowfish
10-12-2005, 07:07 PM
Tell her OK, but she has to whistle "Flight of the Bumblebee" through the hole in her nostril at all family reunions.

patteeu
10-12-2005, 07:13 PM
As I rant, I say... "that too bad, dude."

As a matter of principle, WTF is it her responsibility to "stand by (your) wishes"? If you two disagree, does your opinion trump by default?

Seems like if you are both strongly feeling differently about a subject... actually TALKING about the topic is the only reasonable approach to the subject. Maybe its the WAY she's "talking" about it with you?

Talking is fine, but when it comes to a disagreement between parents, it's always seemed to me like the person who wants to maintain the status quo, make the less radical move, stay within a comfort zone, etc. should have an edge unless the other parent can convince them to make the change. Thats just my opinion though.

Coach
10-12-2005, 07:26 PM
If I had a son/daughter that wants something pierced, and if I said no, but they went ahead and got it done, that little f**ker is coming right off and in a hurry.

philfree
10-12-2005, 09:17 PM
WATCH IT THERE BUDDY.

Truth don't hurt me. Like my momma always taught us kids "pretty is as pretty does". God rest her soul..........

KChiefsQT
10-12-2005, 09:20 PM
Truth don't hurt me. Like my momma always taught us kids "pretty is as pretty does". God rest her soul..........

She is pretty.... just don't know if "attractive" is a term I would want a man using about my 14 year old daughter.... any hoot. Hopefully the girls don't team up on you and she comes home with medal in her nose!!! :)

Iowanian
10-12-2005, 09:24 PM
Tell her she can get her nose pierced if you're the one to do it. She is probably rutting up the yard anyway....

http://www.fearing.co.uk/images/th_pcnra.jpg

dammit....I had that same pic saved for days like this...and was going to even offer to do it. I've put Human and Rooting rings in hundreds of noses.

I imagine I could do Cooters and nippows too.

philfree
10-12-2005, 09:28 PM
She is pretty.... just don't know if "attractive" is a term I would want a man using about my 14 year old daughter.... any hoot. Hopefully the girls don't team up on you and she comes home with medal in her nose!!! :)

I expect acknowledgement. If and adult messes with her he had better made out his Will. There's a few young lads that don't know that I feel like they're messing with her emotions. If it keeps up they'll become a fence post. I'm as laid back as a person that you could ever meet but when I've had enough.........It's enough :)

tommykat
10-13-2005, 08:42 PM
I expect acknowledgement. If and adult messes with her he had better made out his Will. There's a few young lads that don't know that I feel like they're messing with her emotions. If it keeps up they'll become a fence post. I'm as laid back as a person that you could ever meet but when I've had enough.........It's enough :)

OK, so did you give in? :hmmm:

Saulbadguy
10-13-2005, 08:51 PM
Don't really see the big deal. She'll tire of it eventually, and get rid of it.

philfree
10-13-2005, 09:01 PM
OK, so did you give in? :hmmm:

NO! Kinda had a little tiff about it but I won't be swayed.

PhilFree:arrow

Iowanian
10-13-2005, 09:06 PM
Show her how close a stud in her nose looks like an oversized whitehead.

KS Smitty
10-13-2005, 10:03 PM
Nose piercings don't do much for me.

My mother never had pierced ears. None of us really thought a lot about it, I was allowed to get mine pierced as did my sister. Mom finally got her ears pierced on the 4th of September, this year. When Mr. Smitty asked why she hadn't gotten them done before her reply was that Dad was strongly against it (paraphrasing) and so she never pushed it (although she obviously went to bat for her daughters as we both got it done).

Just another perspective phil.