PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone believe the cajones on Lewis?

Yosef_Malkovitch
09-19-2000, 08:30 PM
The SOB is appealing the $250,000 fine from the league. He conspired to withhold evidence & testimony from the authorities. He's lucky he & his "posse" aren't rotting behind bars. Instead, he continues to make MILLIONS of dollars per year and he's bitching about a minute percentage of his salary (which actually goes to a charity)?!?!? I don't get it. Just let it go, Ray. Get on with your life, MORON!!!!

The Blessed Virgin Larry
09-19-2000, 08:41 PM
I STILL contend that he should have been banned from football for 1 year WITHOUT PAY! That would be a SURE way to get through to Lewis and to send a message to the rest of the players in the league. IF I did something like that I GUARANTEE I'd get FIRED, shoot most of us would. These athletes need to see how things are done in the REAL world so that they can see how much of a fantacy life they have. Most have been sheltered at every level.

Warrior5
09-19-2000, 09:15 PM
Couldn't agree more. What about the new get tough on crime policies discussed at the owners' meetings? Even if he didn't get convicted of murder/manslaughter, he should still pay (in suspensions or financially) for his charges that were upheld. Letting him away scot-free is BS.