PDA

View Full Version : I Like the Characters on this Team

ChiTown
09-25-2000, 10:04 AM
After comparing our guys to Denvers, or other Teams for that matter, I really like the character of our team.

I am greatful to be rid of the Mighty Mouse's and Dale Carter's, and am happy to have the Morris's and Wesley's and Moreau's of the world. I used to think that talent and depth could win you the close ball games. However, after watching yesterdays win, maybe player character plays a bigger part of our winning efforts than I had previously given credit.

Win or lose, I am proud of the guys that we have representing our team. I am even more proud to think that these guys will be the future of our team and not just a quick fix solution. There is reason for excitement in KC, which is something we could not have honestly said a couple of years ago.

Idaho Chief
09-25-2000, 10:18 AM
ChiTown, I could have said it better. This is a character team top to bottom. Compare our guys to the Keyshawns of the world. I'll take our guys every time.

By the way, what could have been better than for Keyshawn to only get one reception for one yard. That was just too good.

------------------
GO CHIEFS!!!!
Time to eat Seachicken!!

Donkey Drew
09-25-2000, 10:36 AM
Who is #27 for the Chiefs? I don't know if they showed it on T.V., but he almost got run over by the horse and was seriously annoyed.

Although showboaters like Crockett and Romonowski steal a lot of the spotlight with the Broncos, it was character guys like Griffiths, Atwater, Zimmerman, Nahlen, Eddie Mac, R. Smith, T. Davis, etc. that are largely responsible for Denver's success. These guys work their butts off in the offseason and play their butts off week in and week out. Character is huge in today's NFL.

[This message has been edited by Donkey Drew (edited 09-25-2000).]

morphius
09-25-2000, 10:43 AM
Drew - What has happened to Eddie Mac this season, he seems to have become pretty low on the visibility chart this season. I'm not trying to insult, just trying to find out if it is double teams or what.

ChiTown
09-25-2000, 10:44 AM
Drew - #27 is Bracey Walker, predominantly a ST'mer and plays in some nickel back packages.

I agree with your assessment of your players, but the one comment I will make is that once the cancer enters the system it is hard to eliminate until you sever the limb. Note: Bam Morris, Tam Vanover, Andre Rison, Dale Carter, etc. All these characters are gone, and we really don't have those issues to deal with on this team anymore. Denver still has issues with guys like Rod Smith (wife beater), Romo (druggie) and Crockett (head-case, showboater).

Chiefs learned the hard way, and I expect that Denver will as well.

[This message has been edited by ChiTown (edited 09-25-2000).]

Donkey Drew
09-25-2000, 10:51 AM
What happened yesterday is Frerotte refused to go through his progressions. If the primary guy wasn't open (Smith was obviously the focal point of this game plan in the air) he dumped it or ran. (Obviously, KC's pass rush gets some of the credit here.)

There was one play in the second half where that was a designed PA Misdirection Roll where somebody in the Chief D just absolutely blew an assignment. Eddie was streaking down the side line with nobody within 15 yards, and Frerotte went underneath to Rod Smith. It was a play similar to the one Griffiths dropped, so maybe that blew Frerotte's confidence. I don't know.

With the Broncos, though, the WR's get their yards in bunches. Eddie will be a major factor at some point soon.

Donkey Drew
09-25-2000, 10:55 AM
Rod Smith gets an unfair rap. The guy has lead a pretty impressive life (three college degrees, gives tons of money to charity, has never missed an offseason workout, took the blame for losing yesterday when there was plenty of blame to spread). Nobody knows what exactly happened between him and his girlfriend, and whatever did happen appears to be a serious abberation with this guy.

Don't get me wrong, there isn't an excuse for hitting a woman, but I honestly believe Smith has been the victim of a lie and caught under the "battered wife's syndrome" rock. I might be wrong, but I'd be absolutely stunned to see Smith ever show up on the wrong side of the law again.