PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to be our Return Guy?

ChiTown
09-25-2000, 10:31 AM
No one has stepped up. Hall looked like a lost puppy on the field yesterday. Indecisiveness and mental flatulence come to mind when describing his efforts.

Who is going to step up, and where is Dar Dar?????

[This message has been edited by ChiTown (edited 09-25-2000).]

Cormac
09-25-2000, 11:15 AM
Hall was very disappointing yesterday. I wonder if he was tentative because of his back. It doesn't look good right now for our return situation. I always like the idea of having a rookie who is trying to prove himself, back there as a returner. They tend to run north-south with a catch-me-if-you-can mentality (like Terry Fair last year?). It seems that very few guys (except for Brian Mitchell, Desmond Howard and Sanders) remain good returners through several seasons.

I was convinced we had found a burner this offseason between Hall, Kitchings, McGrew etc. I wonder if Kitchings would have what it takes. He was hampered by a hamstring injury in preseason so he never really had a shot. They could activate him off the PS if necessary, but I can't see him making the game-day roster as Gun was saying he was having a hard enough time getting Hall on the active squad for this game.

If Hall doesn't improve, which he very well may, I'd say it's more likely Dar Dar will be called back to the squad and another STer let go in his place.

Chiefnj
09-25-2000, 11:19 AM
Give Dar Dar a try and get rid of Parker.

Bob Dole
09-25-2000, 11:20 AM
That definitely was not the Dante Hall Bob Dole saw last year playing for A&M, and Bob Dole was sorely disappointed. Far too much hesitation. Hopefully it was just a bad case of rookie jitters and we'll see improvement next week at home.

ChiTown
09-25-2000, 11:21 AM
When you look at our offense, we will not be the type of team that can always march 80 yds down the field for a TD. We have some weapons, but the offense is still trying to find itself.

Therefore, we have got to have better field position than what we had yesterday. You have to have a guy that finds the seam and hit's it, and a ST's unit that doesn't get a penalty everytime it receives the ball.

We need to start ST's tryouts over. We need hungry players who have the vision and discipline to give the offense a better chance of succcess. Starting somewhere btw your own 10-20 yd line does not accomplish that goal.

gh4chiefs
09-25-2000, 11:35 AM
I was disappointed by Hall too. I'm not trying to make excuses for him, his performance sucked, and I don't know what the nature of his back injury is, but if he has disc problems it might be messing with his head a little and making him tentative. Speaking as someone who underwent back surgery last year it can really mess with your mind and make you paranoid to do anything.

------------------
Gary

Clint in Wichita
09-25-2000, 11:38 AM
McGlockton! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/tongue.gif

HC_Chief
09-25-2000, 12:47 PM
Excellent question ChiTown! Indeed, who the &*^% is going to return for us?! Hall was absolutely terrible yesterday... his indecisiveness put us in bad field position - and directly caused holds! (If you've played ST before, you know it to be true)

I like the idea of bringing Dar Dar back for that purpose. He looked pretty good in preseason... and we are in need of another WR (still can't believe we only have 4 on the roster). If not Dar Dar, then Kitchings!