PDA

View Full Version : Bronco turnovers....

Phobia
09-25-2000, 01:31 PM
were certainly the catalyst for the turn of tide in the game. However, it's not like they were due to mental lapses on an individual player's part. Gus was hit hard when he fumbled. Smith was gang tackled when he fumbled. Gus had his arm hit on the interception. Those are called FORCED turnovers. Sure, we'll take all the charity we can get but that wasn't the case yesterday. We FORCED those turnovers, & by God, we are going to accept credit for them.

TEX
09-25-2000, 01:41 PM
Phill,
Don't you know by now that when the Chiefs FORCED turnovers yesterday they were simply "mistakes" by the Donx?? However, when the Donx did the SAME thing they were "stellar" performances by their defense!

Phobia
09-25-2000, 01:43 PM
Steve, that's the double-standard that prompted this topic creation.

The way I see it is each team traded turnovers. It's a wash. We simply wanted it more and we got it!

58Forever
09-25-2000, 01:43 PM
Gifts, mistakes, forced errors...the best part was that the offense took advantage of what the D did for them...and we won http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Good teams don't make mistakes unless a better team forces them...that's my new saying...

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

Donkey Drew
09-25-2000, 01:45 PM
I'd agree with that (the original post).

Two other huge factors, though, were Rod Smith's drop and KC's ability to stop Denver 7 times on Goal to Go plays in the first half.

[This message has been edited by Donkey Drew (edited 09-25-2000).]