PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Would you still want Dillon as a Chief?

Frazod
09-26-2000, 08:30 PM
Seems like a safe bet he'll be available next year. I wanted this guy BAD earlier in the year, but now I think not. We have, for the most part, rid ourselves of our malcontent scumbags, and I don't think Dillon would be a good mix for our (or anyone's) team chemistry.

Still think we should get a premier back, but that we should look elsewhere.

Opinions?

------------------
Frazod

Have I ever mentioned that I hate Denver?

NaptownChief
09-26-2000, 08:52 PM
Agreed...If this stable of backs does not turn up with a keeper, as much as I hate to, we should go back to the draft and get one of the studs that will be coming out. To name a few: Travis Henry(TEN), Deuce McCallister(Ole Miss), L.Tomlinson(TCU), and I also like Foster from UCLA...I am not very impressed with Jordan out of Maryland, he was very highly rated in most NFL pre-draft reports but he doesn't look like much to me. I like Travis Henry the best of those that will be coming out. Michael Bennent from Wisconsin has looked awesome, but I think he is only a JR with no current intentions of leaving early.

morphius
09-26-2000, 08:53 PM
Still don't want the wife beater, so make my vote a no.

AZChief
09-26-2000, 09:01 PM
I really like Dillion's play but I know first hand he is/was a bad guy (G-Friend ran track at UW with him). Now, a person can change and grow up but sometime the bad is just too deep. I don't know if he can stay clean. The crowd he kept in college was BAD. Has it changed? I don't know. The fact he still lives in Seattle in the off season doesn't sound good to me.

The problem is drafting a back who pans out is very tough. I've watched Thomas Jones all year and he's looked bad. I realize the O Line is shakey but trust me he's not making plays when they are possible. Do I want Dillion? I don't know. This summer I did...

AZ

Cormac
09-26-2000, 09:04 PM
I wouldn't want him anymore either. As already pointed out, there is no need for malcontents. I still want Dillon the player (or someone with his ability), but not Dillon the person.

NaptownChief
09-26-2000, 09:10 PM
AZ,

Everyone who has carried the ball for the Cards this past decade has looked horrible...I don't think it is the backs but just a tradionally horrible O line and complete losers mentality running through the whole franchise...Garrison Hearst is a good example, turned out to be a excellent back but it wasn't until he got out of that dump.

AZChief
09-26-2000, 09:15 PM
True, but if I could take either Card back right now I think I'd take Michael Pittman. They both had terrible games vs. Greenbay but he is a much tougher runner. Thomas Jones has been "pitter patting" to the hole since he signed. I saw him up at Cards Camp in Flag and the coaches were yelling at him even then. He hasn't lost this trait...

However, he seems like a really good person!

AZ

[This message has been edited by AZChief (edited 09-26-2000).]

Logical
09-26-2000, 09:16 PM
I vote no, and say give Kubiak two million a year to bring those offensive schemes of his here. I bet one of our backs would be a stud in his system with 25 carries a game.

[This message has been edited by Logical (edited 09-26-2000).]

Bwana
09-26-2000, 09:58 PM
I was pushing for the Dillon deal as hard as anyone before the start of the season, but after further review......I will have to change the call on the field. He seems to have the work ethic of a sloth and as someone pointed out, he could be a cancer in the locker room. We darn sure need to get some one in here to run the ball by next season though. This gig we have now ain't going to cut it! RBBC blows..........

Frazod
09-26-2000, 10:01 PM
Wow. No dissenting opinions. I guess Dillon's BS has disenchanted everyone else as well.

Hope we look elsewhere (my apologies to Cody).

------------------
Frazod

TEX
09-26-2000, 10:06 PM
Yes,
I'd STILL like to see the Chiefs get him!

Frazod
09-26-2000, 10:08 PM
I see I spoke too soon. Oh well, if we always agreed life would be boring.

Must get to work early, so I'm outta here. Goodnight.

------------------
Frazod

One Arrowhead Dave
09-26-2000, 10:25 PM
NO Dillon.

I used to be a major proponent of attempting to add Dillon but no more. He took himself out of the Bungles game this past week against his coaches wishes. Also, I believe Dillon's skills have declined or he just does not play hard. His speed and power are not what they used to be. He looks pitiful so far this season.

------------------
CHIEFS

One Arrowhead Dave
09-26-2000, 10:47 PM
Dillon's rushing #s so far this season. The recieving stats are better.
Rushing
No/yds/avg/Lg/Td
41 82 2.0 14 0
Recieving
No/yds/avg/Lg/Td
9 102 11.3 31 0

------------------
CHIEFS

Pitt Gorilla
09-26-2000, 10:56 PM
I honestly don't remember ever wanting Dillon. And after his Pippin routine, I want him even less. Moreau WILL develop, given the opportunity and blocking.

------------------
GO PITT!

DaWolf
09-26-2000, 11:42 PM
Yes. And I say that because he has proven that he can run in the past. This year IMO is a reflection of him not really wanting to be there and Cincy being SOOOOOOOOOOO crappy.

Plus, hopefully this season is going to bring his pricetag way down. He would have been smarter if he held out IMO, because he could use the Bengals' pathetic offense as proof that they miss him. Can't do that anymore...

Otter
09-27-2000, 12:18 AM
Unless we can get Deuce McCallister in the draft, yes, I would want Dillon.

He is a proven back and I'm sure he can run alot better than anyone we have right now. Even if Mourea does become the back eveyone thinks he's going to be, GREAT, we have a good young backup and solid future.

Also, don't be so quick to judge sombody based on what the media says. I have dealt with the media personally, no where even close to the way Dillon or Cunninghan has, but still I have first hand experience. The media is a tool of higher powers and there is usually a reason for what they write in situations like this that most of us will never know. I don't know what happened what this police call concerning his wife, do you? Who is to say that Dillon's wife called the police? Or he hit her? Or it wasn't self defense?

Don't be a sheep.

Otter
09-27-2000, 12:23 AM
I sound like our BB's favorite conspiracy theorist don’t I?

hawaiianboy
09-27-2000, 12:43 AM
Heck.... Maybe next year my RAIDERS will pick him up.... put the guy behind a decent line and he'll produce....

His rep would not scare me away.... the reality is football is a violent game played by men who aren't angels....

Coslett lost his team two years ago... Had they made a change back then they would have had something.... they do have talent in 'Natti....

A change of scenery would do wonders for him, as it has for Pickens....

Spott
09-27-2000, 05:21 AM
Yes.

With the season that he & Cincinnati are having, he should be much easier & cheaper to acquire than he would have been during this past off season.

Idaho Chief
09-27-2000, 05:36 AM
I may have said yes for all the same reasons that others have stated. However, last week he pulled himself out of the game and refused to play. Anyone with an attidude as poor as this, with as little regard for his coach and athority and with such little regard for the game. NOT NOW, NOT EVER, NO WAY!!
If he was really a ball player then he would give his all no matter what else was going on. If he wants to win then he would do all he could to help his team play.
http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/frown.gif http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/frown.gif

Dev
~no respect for quitters...

------------------
GO CHIEFS!!!!
Time to eat Seachicken!!

FloridaChief
09-27-2000, 06:18 AM
No.

I never wanted Dillon to be a Chief. Not because I don't think he's a good enough player--he is, his numbers so far this year not withstanding--It simply comes down to a question of character. And Dillon's character is questionable.

------------------
"It made me sick, to be honest with you. Next to the Jacksonville loss, this was probably the toughest loss I've had since I've been here."

---Denver head coach Mike Shanahan speaking to The Denver Post after the Broncos let a 19-7 lead over the Kansas City Chiefs slip away in the fourth quarter.

[This message has been edited by FloridaChief (edited 09-27-2000).]

KUChief
09-27-2000, 07:02 AM
I say Yes.

If we could get him on the cheap and structure his contract so that he wouldn't cost us much (if any) money if he got into trouble and we cut him loose, then I would be all for it. I don't believe that he has any motivation this year. It would suck to be a bungles fan, they are just bad. They would make anyone depressed.

I also think that he would give Gun his all if given a fresh start with a good team. Can you imagine TRich & Corey in the backfield. Now that would be a running game and a well rounded O.<BR>

KCWolfman
09-27-2000, 07:20 AM
Yes

------------------
Puttin' on my game face!

Gaz
09-27-2000, 07:39 AM
Man, this is tough.

I have had my fill of bad boyz on my team, but I covet a stud HB. It bothers me that he quit on his team last week, but it bothers me that we don’t have an every down back on the roster.

I remember discussing Sharpe and Romanowski with some Broncos Homers. I said then that I would rather have a bad team that I could admire than a good team I was ashamed of. I am sticking with that opinion.

No to Dillon.

xoxo~
gaz
prefers to like his team.

[This message has been edited by Gaz (edited 09-27-2000).]

Brock
09-27-2000, 07:41 AM
HELL YEAH!

Oxford
09-27-2000, 07:48 AM
NO-NO-NO....... I want to go entire seasons without reading about a Chief's player beating his wife, solicting prostitutes, found with an illegal firearm, felony bad check writing, stealing etc etc. Trash is Trash, you lay down with dogs you get fleas. I can't believe that people don't relate the downfall of this franchise to all the bad actors that we got in search of the SuperBowl.... we are still paying for it today.........

morphius
09-27-2000, 07:50 AM
Russ - You kind of suprised me with that one.

bishop_74
09-27-2000, 07:54 AM
I REALLY like the fact that our team is "crook" free, for the time being at least. I liked the Chiefs being "finese" (sp?) football and the Raiders being the bad guys. I like the fact that we have weeded out the troublemakers. I also believe that our backs are having so much trouble because they are stacking defenses at the LOS. I think once the other teams D starts to lighten up a bit and our offensive scheme gets a little bit better on the ground, I have a feeling we will start producing more yards.

[This message has been edited by bishop_74 (edited 09-27-2000).]

kcred
09-27-2000, 08:13 AM
I didn't want him in the past off season, and don't want him now, or in the future. His record against good defenses, has not been all that great, and 1000 yards is damn sure not what it used to be. Given his off field antics, we don't need him. Free agency seems to bring out the worst of the players, has anyone noticed what James Stewart is doing, or not doing in Detroit, and he was the most sought after RB in
FA. I hope Gun is right, and by opening the offense, we will see more 7 fronts, than 8. If we do, we might find out what we truly have. Maybe a new RB coach could help too, we virtually run with our head down, and can not see alternative routes.

Lightning Rod
09-27-2000, 08:31 AM
Paul Palmer, Ethan Horton, Harvey Williams, Rashan Shehee, Mike Cloud

We either have no ability to evaluate talent in the running back position or we are incapable of developing it. In either case the idea of the chiefs drafting a back does not tend to inspire me. There is no doubt in my mind that Dillon has far more ability than anyone currently on the Chiefs roster. While I have like most of the rest of you have lost much of my enthusiasm for CD I would certainly have to consider it very carefully. Can you imagine the Chiefs offense with a guy who could run inside, outside, catch the ball and be a legitimate threat to take it all the was at any given time. <BR>

ChiTown
09-27-2000, 08:33 AM
How many O's are in No? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

This guy is a quitter, and a cancer. We got rid of the last cancerous cell on our team - Rison. We don't want another headcase like Dillon infiltrating a very good character team like the Chiefs. I did not want him when he was available, and I sure as hell don't want him now.

I want the Chiefs to draft whomever Denver's future 3rd RB pick will be in 2001 http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif

HC_Chief
09-27-2000, 08:36 AM
Hmmm, let's see: Stick with RBbC, draft yet another mediocre(at best) RB, or sign an all-pro 26 year old FA.

It's a no-brainer.

mlyonsd
09-27-2000, 08:40 AM
Out of all the posts I read, Logical with #7 makes the most sense to me.

I was always against acquiring Dillon, mostly because I didn't think he was worth a 1st and 3rd round pick.

After his antics so far this season I REALLY don't want him. Quitters are losers, especially when they let the fans down while collecting million dollar paychecks.

I don't want to see someone like that in red pants.

ck_IN
09-27-2000, 09:30 AM
Wow, all these anti-Dillonites! Where were you a few months ago when Proctor and I seemd to be fighting the battle alone?! *S*

My answer then is the same as my answer now: Hell No!!!

He's a thug, a wife beater, a quitter, a cancer, and just a general piece of filth. Leave the trash in Cinci.

kcred
09-27-2000, 10:50 AM
CK - I was right along side of you, and all the others, the price was too high, then and as far as I am concerned, is now. Regardless, of his season, he is going to think he a 5 million dollar man. If he signs for less, he will dog it, as he is doing now. He may be better than what we have, but not enough to pay, not only the money, but all the baggage that comes with him.

BroncoFan
09-27-2000, 10:59 AM
If you don't want Dillion on you team because he causes problems, you have a pretty good point, and a valid reason.

If you are using the way he plays football as a reason for not wanting him on your team, well... you must be a KC fan.

He is a very good running back, maybe even a great back. His team is horrendous, and his heart is not in it. That is why he stinks this season. You all saw what he is capable of accomplishing the last few years. He is (as a football player) twice as good as anyone in the KC backfield.

[This message has been edited by BroncoFan (edited 09-27-2000).]

kcred
09-27-2000, 11:01 AM
Bronco Fan - Would you trade him for Terrell Davis?

Iowanian
09-27-2000, 11:03 AM
I posted similarly on the other BB.

NOOOOOOO....

I hate quiters. Especially ones who make more money in a quarter than I ever will in a year. Dillon gets paid to do a job...run the football.

A grocery bagger still has to sack the groceries for your wives even if he doesn't work for the number 1 food chain...its his job.

Little league players are on teams that don't win a game all season, and if the Best player doesn't do his best, they don't have a chance.

Dillon, who makes 3-4 MILLION$$$$$$$$ a year walked off of the field and quit because his team wasn't winning....pooooooorrr Cory..

What about the Bengal/Chief fan who is a, I don't know, Trash man who gets up at 420am to pick up garbage for $6/hour and pays $60 and parking and food and gas to go watch his team play.....

I absolutely despise Millionaires that work 6 months of the year crying to me about their team sucking...

DO your job....and Dillon can quit for someone else....

its not about talent, ITs principal.

BroncoFan
09-27-2000, 11:05 AM
kcred,

I guess you are probably going somewhere with this, although you probably don't know where.

Terrell does not just have great character, he has proven that when healthy, he is the best back in the leaque.

Terrell is superior to Dillion in ability and Character. I don't understand why you even asked?

[This message has been edited by BroncoFan (edited 09-27-2000).]

kcred
09-27-2000, 11:08 AM
Just to make the point Dillon thinks he worth as much or more as TD. I agree with you he isn't. Now TD would be a back that could command, and should command the type salary Dillon expects. I hope you see, this is not a knock on Terrell Davis.

BroncoFan
09-27-2000, 11:12 AM
kcred,

You are right, for the money, he is not worth it. As a Bronco Fan, I have watched noname rbs have great success because of a great line, good offensive scheme, and solid running. No reason why KC could not have the same success rushing without the huge price tag that comes with a premier back like Dillion.

kcred
09-27-2000, 11:15 AM
Actually it is too bad we can't play the Cowboys, at least we would find out if we have any potential at running back. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

Chiefnj
09-27-2000, 11:24 AM
I'd take him with open arms.

I see a lot of people calling Dillon a quitter for pulling out of last weeks game. For those with short memories, our ENTIRE team gave up on Marty. In the New England game they basically went through the motions. Dillon may have been more blunt about it, but make no mistake, a lot of the Chief players are far from being the most dedicated athletes in the world. When the going got tough the majority of them quit.

Mr. Dillon, sit the @#$% down and sign the KC contract!