PDA

View Full Version : Will Chiefs beat the Broncos this Sunday and/or finish 11-5 this year?

chiefsfan1963
12-01-2005, 02:26 PM
What does your gut say? I'm more confident that they can get to 11-5 than winning this Sunday, but given the health of the team and the fact that many of our players will be playing Denver for the very last time excluding the playoffs if we manage to make it, I give the edge to Chiefs at home.

Hydrae
12-01-2005, 02:28 PM
Yes, we will win this week.

Yes, we will finish 11-5 by simply winning our home games and splitting the last 2 road games. Pretty doable. If not, Dick should retire IMO.

JimNasium
12-01-2005, 02:45 PM
No.

siberian khatru
12-01-2005, 02:47 PM
What does your gut say?

More pie!!!!

Sully
12-01-2005, 02:49 PM
No... we will finish horribly, and maybe not score more than 10 points the rest of the season. Our D will fall apart, and someone may die on the field.

JimNasium
12-01-2005, 02:49 PM
More pie!!!!
I like pie. I didn't know you were a war hero.

Mile High Mania
12-01-2005, 02:55 PM
No.

Red Dawg
12-01-2005, 03:33 PM
No. I would be stunned if we did. The Bronco's will be very hard to beat as it is but to win in Dallas or NY will be even harder.

Luzap
12-01-2005, 03:41 PM
My gut feeling is that we will win.

When the injuries started happening in the first game, I knew the first half of the season would be a huge challenge. We've actually come through it better than I expected. My only disapointment is how we played in Buffalo (the Philly loss was disappointing, but I didn't expect a win anyway).

IMHO, the issue for the '05 Chiefs has always been 'how fast can they come together?'

It appears that both sides of the ball are starting to get into the groove at the same time ~ and at the best point of the season to start comming on strong.

With Roaf, Parker, and Simms comming back healthy and playing well (we hope Simms will play well), this team is a MUCH better team than it was when we played the Donks in Denver.

I actually have a lot of faith in Simms ~ if he can stay healthy he will dominate on the inside.

We could very well be looking at the best Chiefs team in decades.

Luz
time will tell, but i wouldn't be surprised to see us win out...

ltlchfinD
12-01-2005, 03:59 PM
Hey Luz,

Are you going to the game in Dallas? If so, where will you be sitting?

chiefsfaninNC
12-01-2005, 05:14 PM
Yes to the win. No to 11-5.

keg in kc
12-01-2005, 05:15 PM
We'll finish 12-4.

Mr. Laz
12-01-2005, 05:16 PM
if we don't beat denver we're not going 11-5 imo

yes to both

Wallcrawler
12-01-2005, 05:23 PM
The Chiefs will win this sunday against the Broncos. It's a regular occurrence that the teams split every year, each team winning its game at home. This is probably the biggest example of how valuable home field advantage is to these two teams.

The Chiefs lose in Denver, and the Broncos lose in KC. Its been that way for years. The only notable exception was the 97 season in the playoffs where the Broncos cheated by having a foreign substance smeared all over their jerseys, but were not punished for it.

As for 11-5, Im not sure. The Chiefs will have to play outstanding football to accomplish that with the teams that are ahead on this schedule.

One thing is for sure, and that is the fact that if the Chiefs do make it into the playoffs with a good run over the last stretch of the season, they will have earned it, and will be ready for just about anything they will face in the playoffs, as opposed to teams in the past playing softer teams during the season and then getting caught by surprise in the playoffs when they play a tough team.

StcChief
12-01-2005, 05:36 PM
Agree with Laz.

11-5 shot only with a win vs. Denver.

Likely road loss in Dallas.

keg in kc
12-01-2005, 05:40 PM
I think the giants is the more likely road loss. Dallas seems harder on first glance, but Texas Stadium isn't much of a home field advantage and Bledsoe is the kind of QB we can rattle. I think we have a shot there. The Giants game is another 2nd consecutive road game, and those are really tough for whatever reason. So if we do split, I think it might go win/loss rather than loss/win. And if we lose against Dallas, I'm thinking odds are good we lose the next week, which would essentially end the season for us.

chiefsfan1963
12-01-2005, 05:53 PM

When the injuries started happening in the first game, I knew the first half of the season would be a huge challenge. We've actually come through it better than I expected. My only disapointment is how we played in Buffalo (the Philly loss was disappointing, but I didn't expect a win anyway).

IMHO, the issue for the '05 Chiefs has always been 'how fast can they come together?'

It appears that both sides of the ball are starting to get into the groove at the same time ~ and at the best point of the season to start comming on strong.

With Roaf, Parker, and Simms comming back healthy and playing well (we hope Simms will play well), this team is a MUCH better team than it was when we played the Donks in Denver.

I actually have a lot of faith in Simms ~ if he can stay healthy he will dominate on the inside.

Luz

great post! I'm with you! :clap:

chiefsfan1963
12-01-2005, 05:54 PM
The Chiefs will win this sunday against the Broncos. It's a regular occurrence that the teams split every year, each team winning its game at home. This is probably the biggest example of how valuable home field advantage is to these two teams.

The Chiefs lose in Denver, and the Broncos lose in KC. Its been that way for years. The only notable exception was the 97 season in the playoffs where the Broncos cheated by having a foreign substance smeared all over their jerseys, but were not punished for it.

As for 11-5, Im not sure. The Chiefs will have to play outstanding football to accomplish that with the teams that are ahead on this schedule.

One thing is for sure, and that is the fact that if the Chiefs do make it into the playoffs with a good run over the last stretch of the season, they will have earned it, and will be ready for just about anything they will face in the playoffs, as opposed to teams in the past playing softer teams during the season and then getting caught by surprise in the playoffs when they play a tough team.

Nice! :clap:

Holden McGroin
12-01-2005, 06:03 PM

Luz

I hate to admit it but these are my felings as well. But then again I always get my hope up just to be let down...

RedThat
12-01-2005, 06:37 PM
I think the giants is the more likely road loss. Dallas seems harder on first glance, but Texas Stadium isn't much of a home field advantage and Bledsoe is the kind of QB we can rattle. I think we have a shot there. The Giants game is another 2nd consecutive road game, and those are really tough for whatever reason. So if we do split, I think it might go win/loss rather than loss/win. And if we lose against Dallas, I'm thinking odds are good we lose the next week, which would essentially end the season for us.

I agree with you that, Bledsoe would seem more convient for us to play instead of Manning simply because he's not as mobile.