PDA

View Full Version : Could you tell from watching TV how many Chief fans were there?

ChiefsGirl
12-12-2005, 12:45 PM
My friends and I couldn't believe how many Chiefs fans were there. I would guess that 20,000 of the 60,000 were in red.

jidar
12-12-2005, 12:47 PM
Absolutely. My wife commented on it first. Tons and tons of red shirts in the crowd.

Rain Man
12-12-2005, 12:47 PM
I was actually noting that myself during the game. There was a whole lot of red.

NewChief
12-12-2005, 12:52 PM
You could also tell from listening. My wife and I had to go to a party right before halftime, so we were in the car. We challenged a play (or maybe they challenged, can't remember). We were getting really crappy reception on the radio and it was hard to understand. I heard them say, "KC wins the challenge" but the crowd went nuts clapping and cheering. My wife assumed that Dallas had won the challenge because it sounded like the home team was cheering the call and she couldn't make out what the announcers had said.

ChiefsGirl
12-12-2005, 12:54 PM
When you consider that tailgating wasn't allowed at Texas Stadium just a few years ago, they have come a long way. Some really incredible set ups by some Cowboy fans.
I had a great time, if only the Chiefs would have won. :(

Fishpicker
12-12-2005, 12:55 PM
they didnt show much of the stadium or fanatics. there was quite a bit of red spread throughout the stadium though. I guessed around 20% were wearing red in the stands.