PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Chicago's vaunted D?

FringeNC
01-16-2006, 11:00 AM
Even had the crowd noise working in their favor and nonetheless did their best imitation of a typical Chiefs' road D showing.

So much for Chicago's great D.

None of the teams with the best records looked very good. Denver looked the worst of the final 8 teams still left, and thanks to lucky breaks, they won.

What's interesting is that even if you say all the teams were equal, and that some teams just had the benefit of an easy schedule to inflate their record, you'd think homefield advantage would mean something. (Other than making perhaps easier to pay off the refs?) It didn't.

This post-season hurts. The Chiefs were as good as any of the teams.

HMc
01-16-2006, 11:06 AM
Even had the crowd noise working in their favor and nonetheless did their best imitation of a typical Chiefs' road D showing.

So much for Chicago's great D.

None of the teams with the best records looked very good. Denver looked the worst of the final 8 teams still left, and thanks to lucky breaks, they won.

What's interesting is that even if you say all the teams were equal, and that some teams just had the benefit of an easy schedule to inflate their record, you'd think homefield advantage would mean something. (Other than making perhaps easier to pay off the refs?) It didn't.

This post-season hurts. The Chiefs were as good as any of the teams.

The chiefs refused to tackle in the regular season. I don't get why they would have suddenly turned it up in the playoffs.

pikesome
01-16-2006, 11:16 AM
The chiefs refused to tackle in the regular season. I don't get why they would have suddenly turned it up in the playoffs.

Not in every game, just the important ones.

Bowser
01-16-2006, 11:19 AM

No no. Just against Philly, Dallas, and the Giants.

Calcountry
I'll tell you what happened, nothing. They were who they were: good against teams like Green Bay, New Orleans, Minnesota, and Detroit. Who did they play this year anyway?

They would be 9-7 in our division.

BigMeatballDave
Its sickening to think, all we had to do is win in Dallas or Buffalo. Both, non-play-off teams. Well done, DV...

BigChiefFan
01-16-2006, 11:31 AM
Steve Smith deserves some credit, as well. He's money this year. Smith has schooled several teams.

ptlyon
01-16-2006, 11:37 AM
Its sickening to think, all we had to do is win in Dallas or Buffalo. Both, non-play-off teams. Well done, DV...

Or maybe maintaining a huge lead over Philly at home. The final nail is almost driven completely in when your _efense decides to give it all away.

One minute, you're pounding the NFC Champ of the previous year thinking this team has finally turned the corner and then the next they are shown to be the fraud that they are just like when Toto pulled back the curtain in the Wizard of Oz.

Disgusting.

Rausch
01-16-2006, 11:44 AM

They suddenly turned it up against the Chargers and Bengals.

I don't think they could have done it consistently for 3 weeks (read: reached the super bowl) but I know we would have beaten the Bengals anyway...

Simplex3
01-16-2006, 11:58 AM
Steve Smith deserves some credit, as well. He's money this year. Smith has schooled several teams.
Exactly. Steve Smith is what happened to the Bears. That guy is on fire this year.

dilligaf
01-16-2006, 12:15 PM
I'll tell you what happened, nothing. They were who they were: good against teams like Green Bay, New Orleans, Minnesota, and Detroit. Who did they play this year anyway?

They would be 9-7 in our division.
I feel the same way about Seattle. :shake:

Sure-Oz
01-16-2006, 12:24 PM
if our defense learned how to tackle they might've done alot this year....see the steelers!

FringeNC
01-16-2006, 12:25 PM
Exactly. Steve Smith is what happened to the Bears. That guy is on fire this year.

Smith is great, no doubt. Carolina hardly has a top offense, though. Chicago turned out to be a fraud.

John Matrix
01-16-2006, 01:39 PM
The bears would have been 5-11 in the AFC, they are a terrible team with a cupcake schedule....look at their record against the AFC North for f*ck's sake.

tk13
01-16-2006, 02:05 PM
I think they were nervous, took some of the attitude out of their defense. That's still a very young team, especially on defense. Most all of those guys are draft picks from the last 4-5 years.