PDA

View Full Version : The Silver and Black is Back?

Bud Wiser
10-19-2000, 03:51 PM
Just got my issue of SI this week, and I about puked. Rich Gannon and the Faders should be banned from all national publications. At least the dreaded SI curse will probably start the Faders spiraling into fourth place where they belong.

The King of Beers
Still bitter, but taking my Zoloft.

hawaiianboy
10-19-2000, 04:03 PM
Damn straight we're back!!

The last thing we need is to be subjected to that damn SI jinx when all is going well!<P>

WisChief
10-19-2000, 04:05 PM
Hey JQ

I do believe that it was you that said you remember vividly when the Raiders started 8-0 no so long ago and Faided to 8-8. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Nice win at Arrowhead, BTW

------------------
Wade

WisChief
10-19-2000, 04:06 PM
HOLY CHOCOLATE LAXITIVE - I'M REGULAR NOW!!!

------------------
Wade

Donkey Drew
10-19-2000, 04:07 PM
Was it '96 when the Raiders started out at 7-1 and then went into the tank? I wouldn't be suprised to see it happen again. Give them a tough loss or two, and Greasy Al will start meddling, Tim Brown will start locker room lawyering, and the team you see now will disolve into 53 individuals. It's the Raider tradition.

hawaiianboy
10-19-2000, 04:13 PM
Piss on both of you for bringing that year up and ruining a guys day!

The jealousies of the leaders of the pact rearing its head so soon....

RaiderCorporate
10-19-2000, 04:17 PM
Wise:

Raiders went 8-2 in 1995 then lost six straight.

Drew:

Probably more like you're hoping the Raiders will freefall because you're unsure how much help you'll need to take the division...<P>

Donkey Drew
10-19-2000, 04:25 PM
Corprate:

I'm not too proud to admit that that's probably true. Of course, Denver will pick up one game on Monday night in a couple of weeks, and the Raiders are good for losing at least one other, so I'm not too puckered up about it yet.

Packfan
10-19-2000, 04:27 PM
I dont believe for one second that the Raiders are back. They are just an average team in a bad division. Raiders will probably collapse as will the Chiefs, but a 9-7 record is all it will take in this sorry division.

WisChief
10-19-2000, 04:28 PM
Corporate,

Kinda like this year - is how I see it http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

The faiders have proven nothing yet...

------------------
Wade

TEX
10-19-2000, 07:51 PM
The Raiders seem to win the games now that they used to lose. The Chiefs looked like the Raiders last Sunday. They made the mistakes at the most critical times. Still, I do not believe that the Raiders are that much better than anyone else in the West. They are winning every close game and that is the mark of a team that knows how to win.

Ken,
The AFC West is not that sorry of a division. Face it, there just aren't that many solid divisions in the NFL any more. The only solid division in my book is the AFC EAST - 4 teams are good and the Pats are good enough to beat just about any team. ALL the rest have 1 or two good teams. Yes, even your NFC Central - the Vikes are good, the Bucs can be good, the Lions are very average and the Bears and your Packers are bad. Do the comparisons yourself and see if you don't agree!

Mile High Mania
10-20-2000, 06:49 AM
Pacman...

Your NFC Central is a lot worse than the AFC West.

Bears suck - Packers suck - Bucs are returning back to a sucking team with a great defense - the Lions are on again off again.

The Vikings are all you really have over there.

The AFC West has 3 teams that have been playing pretty consistently over the last few weeks.

Buck up li'l camper... you'll see better days in a few years.

Packfan
10-20-2000, 07:02 AM
Mile High,

Nobody, I repeat, Nobody in the AFC West is a super bowl contender. The NFC Central has an undefeated team, a team with the league's best defense, and four teams that have a legit shot at a playoff spot. The AFC West winner will be the best of the worst.

San Diego: Win a football game, please!

RaiderCorporate
10-20-2000, 07:08 AM
Drew:

Although a pleasant thought I don’t expect Raiders to win all of their ten games. Six, or seven, wins out of the next ten seems very possible, and 11-5 may be good enough to gain a playoff spot. As for Raiders at donx – who knows? Raiders have managed to take two consecutive at Pinhead Stadium, perhaps it’s time to do same at Donkeybreath Stadium. But that game is unimportant until Nov. 6...

Packfan:

Fortunately, what you believe about Raiders has no effect on their game. Also, unfortunately, you have more than proven your opinion on things football are of small value.

Wise:

Actually, the Raiders have proven ONE thing: they can win at Pinhead Stadium. Of course, you, a feather–head fan, may have conveniently overlooked that small change...<BR>

Dartgod
10-20-2000, 07:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Helvetica, verdana, ariel">quote:</font><HR>The NFC Central has an undefeated team, a team with the league's best defense, and four teams that have a legit shot at a playoff spot.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

C'mon Kenny! 4 teams with a legit shot at a playoff spot? Which 4 are you talking about? Surely you can't mean the Packers! And the Bucs are in the midst of a 4 game losing skid. They have proven they can't win the big game. The only legit playoff teams in the NFC Central are the Vikes and the Lions.

------------------
[i]Movies don't create psychos. Movies just make psychos more creative.</I>

WisChief
10-20-2000, 07:56 AM
Corporate,

"feather-head fan" That's funny!!!

I didn't overlook that point at all - look at #2 - props are given when due. But don't come in here talking "we're back" until you do more than beat the Chiefs 2 in a row. Thats a HUGE step for the Faiders, but the stair case is very long.

------------------
Wade

TEX
10-20-2000, 08:13 AM
Raider Corporate,
Yes the Raidas can win at Arrowhead, but haven't the Chiefs proven that they can win in Jokeland??????? I think so!

TEX
10-20-2000, 08:14 AM
Ken,
The AFC West is not that sorry of a division. Face it, there just aren't that many solid divisions in the NFL any more. The only solid division in my book is the AFC EAST - 4 teams are good and the Pats are good enough to beat just about any team. ALL the rest have 1 or two good teams. Yes, even your NFC Central - the Vikes are good, the Bucs can be good but they are losing, the Lions are very average and the Bears and your Packers are bad. Do the comparisons yourself and see if you don't agree!<P>

DJay23
10-20-2000, 08:27 AM
Chicago Bears: Win a football game please! Oh...what's that... they did win a game? OK, I seem to remember now, didn't they beat... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/tongue.gif

WisChief
10-20-2000, 08:32 AM
DJay-

SMACK him hard!!! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif oh wait a minute - he's crawled back into his denial hole.

Correct me if I'm wrong. 3 of the 5 in the NFC Cen are now under 500

------------------
Wade

mlyonsd
10-20-2000, 09:10 AM
LOL at someone coming on the board boasting about the NFC Central. Talk about loser division.

The AFC West is the Raiders' division to lose, no question about it. If they can continue to win with the pressure on they will have convinced me they have advanced to the next level.

Even if they do, they still suck and I hate'em.

RaiderCorporate
10-20-2000, 10:05 AM
Wis:

I only recall mentioning 2 consecutive wins in your backyard and a few Raiders trends I’ve noticed. As I am normally conservative when assessing my team’s chances and, in addition, there are still so many games left to play, I’d be surprised to see something as aggressive as “we’re back” with my name attached to it. Please point me at my post/s where I indicated Raiders “are back.”

WisChief
10-20-2000, 10:33 AM
Corporate,

I'd have a hard time finding where you said "we're back". I should not have put the quotes on there - opps my bad. My take on it was that you were jumping in the ring with JQ and I just wanted to set you strait with him. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif Just smakin at you both http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------
Wade