PDA

View Full Version : TwoMinuteWarning.com

htismaqe
09-23-2000, 09:06 AM
Bob Dole may be well behind the curve with this, but just found this site and thought some of the stats were interesting and a little different than those found elsewhere.
http://www.twominutewarning.com

DaWolf
09-23-2000, 11:08 AM
Well Bob it's a good thing for us that they play the game on the field and not on computers, interesting though.

htismaqe
09-23-2000, 11:16 AM
Cool stuff.

I think I'll have to follow it for a few weeks to get a feel for it. They are wrong about their Chiefs prediction, but I can understand why. It's almost impossible for a stats based prediction to take into account a team that has suddenly 'turned the corner' and found itself (it reflects past, not current, levels of performance).

Luz
give moreau the ball...

htismaqe
09-23-2000, 11:31 AM
Bob Dole doesn't put much faith in any statistics, really, until at least week 6. And even then, they'll fail to take into account things like Gus starting instead of Grease and things like that.

Still thought there were some interesting stats. For instance, the Donx strongest runs appear to happen wide where our D appears to be weakest against the run.

suds79
09-23-2000, 11:33 AM
How about this stat?
KC rushing vs. Denver in '99
At KC: 188 yds
At DEn: 177 yds
Denver run D in '00: allowing 5.0 ypc

Maulball will rise from the dead and kill the Donx tomorrow...

htismaqe
09-23-2000, 11:43 AM
Did you go look at the site?

Not that it's accurate this early, but it actually indicates Denver will out-rush us, primarily due to (thus far) our pitiful YPC. Taking into account Denver's poor rush D, we're still only projected to average 3.8 YPC.

Bob Dole hopes we can do better than that, but it's going to depend mostly on play selection.

htismaqe
09-23-2000, 12:19 PM
Bob Dole is correct about the play selection.

A balanced O is what this game calls for, and that means balance with the inside and outside running as well.

We only have one back that can turn the corner and that is Moreau. I hope he will play a lot and I hope they will quick pitch the ball wide to him on more than one occasion so that he can use this talent.

Luz
give moreau the ball...

[This message has been edited by Luzap (edited 09-23-2000).]