PDA

View Full Version : Which back will it be?....

Joe Seahawk
10-23-2000, 11:57 AM
From the TNT...

Mike Sando; The News Tribune

OAKLAND - The Kansas City Chiefs, still searching for a marquee running back to replace the retired Marcus Allen, are almost certain to find one Sunday at Husky Stadium, if only for a day.

The only uncertainty, it appears, is which Kansas City running back will have a career day against the Seattle Seahawks and their porous run defense.

Will it be Mike Cloud? Frank Moreau, perhaps? Kimble Anders? Dante Hall?

The Seahawks, who allowed a career-high and franchise-record 219 yards rushing to Indianapolis running back Edgerrin James last week, found themselves on the wrong end of the equation once again Sunday.

Oakland Raiders running back Tyrone Wheatley, who entered the game averaging 3.3 yards per carry, averaged 10.4 yards on his 15 carries against the Seahawks.

He gained 80 of his 156 yards on one spectacular touchdown run as the Raiders piled up 206 yards on the ground.

"It's frustrating right now," Seahawks defensive end Michael Sinclair said in the understatement of the year. "To come out last Sunday at Husky Stadium and to be dominated, and to come out this Sunday and the same thing happens -- right now, it's a frustrating time, guys."<P>

mlyonsd
10-23-2000, 11:59 AM
Sorry Joe, we don't run the ball anymore.

Joe Seahawk
10-23-2000, 12:07 PM
LOL... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

mlyonsd
10-23-2000, 12:09 PM
To tell you the truth, your guess is as good as mine. I liked what Kimble did yesterday but I think his speed is suspect.

The revolving door at RB has to stop, I think it is the last piece in KC's offensive puzzle.

DJay23
10-23-2000, 12:11 PM
I'm actually kind of worried about this game. The Seahawks have been pretty inept since the close call on Monday night. However, this seems like the kind of game where we have a let down. If Homgren has not decided to scrap the season he may remind his team of it's recent success against us. I hope Gun has the boys ready to come out with guns blazing this week like we did yesterday, no matter who starts at half back or quarter back.

Joe Seahawk
10-23-2000, 12:12 PM
Yeah well, dont expect this game to tell which back should be full time because, whichever one gets the carries this week is sure to shine.... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/mad.gif

Iceholes!!
Joe..Pissed at his defense!

[This message has been edited by Joe Seahawk (edited 10-23-2000).]

ROYC75
10-23-2000, 12:31 PM
After yesterday,I don't think we will get pass happy! I do feel that we will pass 1st to open the run,I still like Kimble for that back because of his pass catching ability.WE can't live on the pass full time,we need to estabish a respectable running attack!Go Chiefs!

ROYC75
10-23-2000, 12:35 PM
After yesterday,I don't think we will get pass happy! I do feel that we will pass 1st to open the run,I still like Kimble for that back because of his pass catching ability.WE can't live on the pass full time,we need to estabish a respectable running attack!Go Chiefs!

58Forever
10-23-2000, 12:37 PM
No doubt and no question...Kimble has to get the start and the carries...maybe he's not as speedy but I still like his running ability...besides...I'll take 10 and 15 yard gains as opposed to 2.1 yard gains...Kimble should be the man until he shows he can't do it...he actually never has been that speedy anyway....

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

DanT
10-23-2000, 12:46 PM
I hope the Chiefs take the Seahawks seriously. I think we caught a break in our last game when Watters got nauseous against us. Even though we also made Marshall Faulk ralph, we shouldn't take it for granted that the Chiefs are going to stop every great all-purpose back they face by giving them concussions. These are the kind of backs that give us problems. I hope we have an answer for Watters this Sunday.