PDA

View Full Version : 14 yards passing...

Joe Seahawk
10-23-2000, 10:05 AM
14 yards That is how many passing yards the Bengals had.

Q..How in the hell can Denver allow Dillon to break the single game rushing record, when he is the only guy the Bronco defense has to focus on?

Simply amazing! Their run "D" was worse than ours yesterday and I didn't think that was possible.....

Donkey Drew
10-23-2000, 10:28 AM
It was easily the most bizzare game I've ever witnessed. A lot of the time, Denver totally stuffed them, but then they'd pop a long one. Dillon probably had more carries for one yard or less than he did for positive yardage. It just so happened that if he went for more than 1 yard it was at least 40 yards.

It's really this simple-- Denver's LB's insist on going for the knock down rather than the tackle, and Denver DB's couldn't stop their mothers in the open field much less a pro athlete.

Pathetic, pathetic, pathetic...

KC Jones
10-23-2000, 10:34 AM
When you crowd the LOS to stop the run, it's a huge risk IMO. If the guy does bust through the pile, nobody's left to stop him. I see it happen again and again. If you really want to stop the run, you have to worry about cutbacks and pursuit angles and not rely on a knockout blow at the LOS. Leave at least one safety back and not have everyone attack the running lanes.

TEX
10-23-2000, 10:35 AM
Drew,
We TRIED to tell you all preseason!

Spott
10-23-2000, 10:36 AM
Dillon had 13 yards on 14 of his carries and had 265 on the other 8. The Bengals had 407 yards rushing total. Denver fans better hope Dillon doesn't come to KC next year

------------------
It looks I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

Donkey Drew
10-23-2000, 10:51 AM
I don't think anybody predicted that the Denver D could be this worthless and pathetic. It'd be one thing if they just flat didn't have the talent. The problem is, they got no heart.

TEX
10-23-2000, 01:13 PM
Drew,
You're correct. No way did I think that anybody's defense, let alone the Donx, could be that sorry. I did go on record as saying that Denver's defense as a whole would NOT be good. I also said that the Donx were NOT the class of the AFC West - even during their 4-0 preseason.

Mi_chief_fan
10-23-2000, 01:17 PM
Hey, don't forget Warrick's long run for a TD, which was another fine example of textbook tackling.

Donkey Drew
10-23-2000, 01:25 PM
Heck, they didn't even touch Warrick, much less miss a tackle on that play.

Who knows-- maybe the Broncos are so humiliated by this loss that they come out of the bye week with a serious burr in their saddle and start kicking butt.

Doubtful, but maybe...

Mile High Mania
10-23-2000, 02:25 PM
It was damn shameful... damn shameful.

That's about all I have to say about that.

BroncoFan
10-23-2000, 02:39 PM
I can't believe what I saw yesterday. Bottom line, Broncos embarrased me. I almost feel like I should send sweetness a personal apology. I hope Greg Robinson does, just before he packs up his ****!

TEX
10-23-2000, 06:37 PM
Bronco Fan,
You and ALL Donx fans should be enbarrased, but at least you're honest and are not in denial! Your approach expedites the healing process. Kudos for seeing the light! I have a good buddy that's a Bronco- Homer and he's blaming it on "holding" by the Bengals! I was LOL at that one. Denial is a very bad thing, but FUNNY from my vantage point!

Desert Chief
10-23-2000, 10:16 PM
For what it's worth --

I heard Boomer tonight and he commented that it looked like Bumco DBs were giving up on tackling Dillion. Sounds like they need the bye week