PDA

View Full Version : FUNNY STUFF - Go to the Denver Post......

TEX
10-23-2000, 09:53 AM
and see what they're saying about the Donx. What a GREAT day yesterday. We CRUSH the Rams and the Natti RUNS ALL OVER the Donx! Boy, we thought our media was hard on the Chiefs - read what the DPO guys have to say about their team. They're acting like their whole season is lost and that Denver was supposed to be great or something. That's what happens when you are in denial and then you get a dose of REALITY! FUNNY stuff makes for good reading.

TEX
10-23-2000, 10:14 AM
From Woody Paige:

Defensive coordinator Greg Robinson had a Tom Dooley hang-down-your-head look on the sideline at the end of the game, and Shanahan almost choked himself tearing off his headset. Heads will roll - Robinson's, for sure.

In the locker room, in the eyes of the stunned Broncos, there was quit and resignation. Neither would be such a bad idea.

Where do the Broncos go from here?

Nowhere.

The Broncos won't overcome four losses in eight games to reach the playoffs. They'll be fortunate to finish .500, because there are no bargains remaining on the schedule, especially if they couldn't rack Cincinnati.<BR>

ROYC75
10-23-2000, 10:48 AM
If they only get 1 more win ? OAKLAND!!! Broncos are not the same team as they thought they were!

TEX
10-23-2000, 11:19 AM
They do seem to own the Raidas and I hope they beat them as well. They're NOT the team that most of their fans thought they were as well - you can tell by the lack of smack around here. I remember all the talk during their 4-0 preseason. I also remember most of us trying to tell them how it would be this year. So far, we're RIGHT!

TEX
10-23-2000, 01:19 PM
I'd like to hear what the Donx fans have to say about their chances. Do you, like the Denver Press, really feel that your season is over? With half a season left????

ChiTown
10-23-2000, 01:40 PM
If you lose to NE at home, and to Cincy anywhere, your team has issues. I love Griese, but their offense is not the problem.

Unless they can fix their defensive woes, they will be skiing on Sundays in January. That vaunted Denver defensive line just doesn't get it done.

ChiTown
~hoping Denver's D solves it's problems when the Raiduh's go to PileHigh

Donkey Drew
10-23-2000, 02:03 PM
I don't think much of the Denver press. They are totally predictable-- totally, 'what have you done for us lately'.

I think Denver has the talent to bounce back from this and make a run at the playoffs. The offense is definately playoff caliber. However, until I see a little more sign of heart in the defense, I wont be holding my breath.

TEX
10-23-2000, 02:44 PM
Drew,
Well put. I feel the same way about the Donx chances. I always felt that the Donx have fix major problems on defense before they can seriously consider themselves a playoff caliber team. All I ahve to say is the Donx can be thankful for the "easy" schedule.

ChiTown
10-23-2000, 02:50 PM
So far that easy schedule had them losing to a winless NE team at home and a hapless CINCY team. What's apparent? There are no easy games on the Donk's remaining schedule. Nothing's easy when your defense has more holes than swiss cheese http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/eek.gif Sorry Donkey, I couldn't resist.

Chief Henry
10-23-2000, 05:03 PM
ROMO needs a new pharmacist. He's an
A$$ if you ask me.

------------------
Chiefs Rock

TEX
10-23-2000, 09:30 PM
Agreed Henry.

ChiTown,
Their schedule is still more favorable than the Chiefs, but they are not playing nearly as well as KC either!

Mile High Mania
10-24-2000, 08:39 AM
I'm glad you guys are enjoying this one...
I would too if I were in your shoes.

No - I don't think the season is lost, that's stupid. They haven't played up to par and they're only 2 wins behind Oakland - they could sweep Oakland.

Can they still win the division? Yes.
Did I say that is about all they would do this year? Yes. So, I'm not depressed about anything other than I thought the defense had more pride than that.

The offense is fine.

ChiTown
10-24-2000, 09:05 AM
Brad

I think what Denver lacks is something that KC had been lacking as well - killer instinct.

I believe we may have found ours on Sunday. Denver, on the other hand.............

Well, you still have one of the best young QB's in the league. Find some way to plug up that porous D, and you might still find your way to 9 or 10 wins this year.

TEX
10-24-2000, 09:28 AM
Mile High,
That was my take. The Donx aren't out of anyrthing...yet. They still have half a season to go. I couldn't believe what Paige wrote. Is he the Donx version of Whitlock or something?

Donkey Drew
10-24-2000, 09:37 AM
Denver's only chance is if the Denver D quits copping the attitude every time they stink up the field. Wilson, Pryce, Crockett, Brown-- always making excuses rather that boning up and tackling like highly paid professional football players.

Griese just gets better every week. If they could get that damn D playing like professionals, they could still be the class of the conference.

TEX
10-24-2000, 09:44 AM
Nope Drew,
Not the class of the AFC - maybe not even the class of the AFC West - probably a Wild Card team though.

BroncoFan
10-24-2000, 10:19 AM
Donkey Drew,

I think you are right. The Broncos could be a great team THIS year, if they could fix that defense. The offense is flat out one of the best in the NFL even with a 3rd string running back, and they will be that much better with Terrell.

But the Broncos are only playing on one side of the ball. Our defense is flat out terrible. It is not just our schemes, but our fundementals as well. I wish I had a dollar for every time a Bronco missed so bad while trying to make a tackle, that he did not even TOUCH the player. Now here is the kicker. I think our defensive players are talented. Our week points are our dbs and safties, other than that we have very good players.

Bottom line, our offense has being pulling to much of the weight to long (5 years now). And our Defense has never really gotten alot better. Greg Robinson needs to be fired. Shanahan will fire him, replace him with someone decent, and we will be cooking with gas!

TEX
10-24-2000, 04:10 PM
Bronco Fan,
The SAME holds true for EVERY .500 team in the league. Every could be better IF it wasn't for this or that. The FACT is that your DONX aren't HALF the team that you thought they were and ARE the EXACT team that many of us said they were! Right??

Donkey Drew
10-24-2000, 04:33 PM
Bronco:

The problems are probably a little deeper than Robinson. Crockett, Romo, and Traylor have seen better days. Wilson refuses to play fundementally sound football. The secondary flat out bites the big one. Pryce seems to have an attitude problem. That leaves Mobley and very average collection of Dlinemen. Hopefully they'll come out a play like they were humiliated after the bye week. But I can also see this season going south real quick.

TEX
10-24-2000, 06:43 PM
Drew,
I stand corrected. I was under the impression, by your earlier preseason posts, that you were a blind Donx Homer. I was wrong - you gave a great assessment of the Donx current situation on defense. But, remember most of us tried to tell you that there was no "D" in enver, even during the perfect 4-0 preseason. You have since CHANGED your stance drastically since then. At least your being honest - that's more than I can say for some!