PDA

View Full Version : The Rematch

5decadechiefsfan
11-02-2000, 12:26 AM
I was very confident we would beat the Raiders in our first meeting. Unfortunately, they took it, with a little help from us. I'm no less confident about Sunday's game in Oakland. We're playing well--5 of 6--and we WILL get our revenge on Sunday. Why the pessimism of some KC fans? If SlyMo hangs onto the ball for another tenth of a second, or if his knee hits the ground a tenth of a second earlier, most likely we're 6-2, they're 6-2, and all the nonsense that they're better than us, wait 'til we develop another year, etc. wouldn't even be considered. I'm not blaming Morris, he was busting his *** trying to reach the first down marker, and it was a good strip by the Raiders...but we're only 2 big plays from 7-1 ourselves. The 0-2 Chiefs couldn't make those plays. The 5-3 Chiefs can, and will. We're going to play our best game of the season and throw a major wet blanket on all the January daydreaming of the Raiders and their fans.

ROYC75
11-02-2000, 08:44 AM
I agree....We win this week! We're better than our 5-3 record,but that is where we are at! Time will change all that!

Luzap
11-02-2000, 08:51 AM
5decadechiefsfan,

Well said.

If the coaches use an agressive attack philosophy throughout the ENTIRE game, we will not just win, we will dominate.

Luz
i have seen the enemy and he is our coaches!!!...

Phobia
11-02-2000, 08:55 AM
I'm still convinced Morris' knee was down before that ball came out but it's all sour grapes now. There must be none of that Sunday. A close call cannot determine the outcome of this game. We must dominate in every facet if we want to be 6-3..... This IS a playoff game for us. We win & advance to the next round - if we lose, it may very well be our ONLY playoff game.

Gaz
11-02-2000, 09:09 AM
My pessimism [I prefer "reasonable concern"] is that we still have Schotteheimer as DC. The first Raiders game was lost because Schottenheimer called a soft zone against a dinkdunk team. There is not a worse choice possible. I have very little faith in Schotteheimer and I do not trust him to call the aggressive, attacking Defense we need to disrupt the King of Dinkdunk.

If Schottenheimer discovers his spine and Raye attacks for 4 quarters instead of 2, then we win. Unfortunately, either of them is quite capable of cowardice or rank stupidity on a scale to lose this game.

Luz called it. Our most difficult obstacle in winning this game is not in silver and black. It is our own coaching staff.

xoxo~
gaz
reasonably concerned.

[This message has been edited by Gaz (edited 11-02-2000).]

mlyonsd
11-02-2000, 09:52 AM
I too have much concern (pessimism) towards this game.

Not towards the players, but the coaches and game plan philosophy. The Chiefs have the talent to play with anyone. Like the others below I am skeptical that the coaches are up to calling a decent game. Two things stand out for me regarding this game.

The first is that we need to establish the running game by giving it to one back 20-22 times. As much as I like Kimble I think it is time to give that many carries to someone else.

The second is I would hope the defense would somewhat stack the line, cover the screen, and make Gannon beat you with the long ball.

Other then that, we should kick their a$$ (wishful optimisim).