PDA

View Full Version : Is a Raider fan safe in Arrowhead?

terrapin
11-01-2000, 12:56 PM
I have been to several opponets stadiums wearing my silver & black and have been cursed at and ribbed but never asaulted. I know that Oakland is not safe for opposing fans especially Chiefs and Donks and as a Raider fan this sickens me. As with most other occasions, a few bad a$$holes ruin it for the rest of us. I am a die-hard Raider fan but I respect any other teams fans. Anyone caught doing any thing either verbally or physically abusive should be arrested and banned from the stadium.

Well marathon man...Is it safe?<BR>

58Forever
11-01-2000, 01:05 PM
You'd be safe from physical abuse but be ready for some good natured smack talk...now if you start talking about how great Brock Middlebrook is you may be in for a fight... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/mad.gif

terrapin
11-01-2000, 01:14 PM
Good natured smack talk is GREAT. This is what football is all about.

Good luck Sunday.. May the best team win...IMHO that team THIS year is the Raiders.

Most of all I pray for an injury free game for both clubs.<BR>

morphius
11-01-2000, 01:15 PM
As long as your respect the fact that your are in another teams stadium there should not be any problems. We had a guy in our area really getting obnoxious during the Chiefs/Sand Diego game and nothing happened to him.

hawaiianboy
11-01-2000, 01:33 PM
As long as he doesn't wear a cologne that smells like BBQ sauce......

BroncoFan
11-01-2000, 01:34 PM
My guess, you would be safe. That said, I have made the decision not to go to a Bronco game at Arrowhead because it would be flat out misrable.

There is something about football that makes a good man act like a complete a$$. My guess is that most Chief fans will not be satified with good natured, clever smack. Lossing or winning, it would be belligerent, confrontational, and down right humiliating. I'd rather be cheering on the Broncos from the comfort of my own home.

[This message has been edited by BroncoFan (edited 11-01-2000).]

58Forever
11-01-2000, 01:34 PM
Morph, what no one even threw a beer at him?

Terrapin, well, of course you know my opinion of the best team...they don't wear silver and black...

Should be one of the best games of the year and if we don't get the first string announcers for this game then something is wrong...

As far as the injury thing...maybe an ingrown toenail or something for Gannon, Brown and Wheatley...and a couple of your D players...nothing serious...just enough to cause them discomfort so they forget about playing.... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

morphius
11-01-2000, 01:46 PM
Joe - No, no poured beer on his head, no batteries and no stab wounds. He did have to hide his head after we started throwing TD after TD, it kind of amusing, people were calling him out and he just sat there shaking his head. Heck I don't remember anything happening to the Seahawk fans when I went to that game either. Well other then Bob Dole heckling them a little bit.

58Forever
11-01-2000, 01:59 PM
Well Morph, nothing wrong with a little heckling...hell, if I went to a game cheering for the other team I'd expect trash talk and heckling from all sides...I would hope that I didn't get stabbed, punched or energized with a battery however...and I damn sure would keep my mouth shut if my team was winning... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

redfan
11-01-2000, 02:01 PM
From my experience, the Raider fan would be 'safe'. That is to say, he wouldn't get physically attacked. Now that's not to say he/she wouldn't get a HUGE amount of heckleing! I went to the Raiders game this year and took my buddy who is a Raider fan, and nobody said anything to him. He even had his black attire on. I was amazed. I think I probably gave him more grief than any other fan there. I've been to many home games and have yet to see opposing fans get treated with anything other than mild disdain.

Now then, LET'S KICK SOME CHOKELAND RUMP-RAIDER AZZ!!

rh http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/mad.gif

WisChief
11-01-2000, 02:07 PM
Fans, yes. Turtles??? I don't know - you may get stepped on while crawling around. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Oh - geez I just couldn't hep it....

http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

------------------
Wade

Yosef_Malkovitch
11-01-2000, 03:10 PM
BF- I don't think it would be miserable for you. Depends on how you carry yourself... if you went in and acted like a complete @ss then yes, you would be miserable. However, if you acted like a decent person, you probably wouldn't get anything other than friendly ribbing.

I went to the Seahawks and Raiders games last year, both times I saw fans from the other teams enjoying themselves and being allowed to watch the game in peace. It all comes from how you carry yourself.

Just don't act like a prick and you'll be fine.

morphius
11-01-2000, 03:22 PM
I think the best way to approach an away game would to be to treat it likes it is the other fans house and it is his family on the field, for that is how most fans think about their team.

Personally I would either have to go with a large group or go with some friends who were fans of the other team. I too think that watching the game at home would be more fun, I can cheer, boo and cuss all I want without offending the other teams fans.

TheFly
11-01-2000, 04:11 PM
I've never heard of a Raider fan being assaulted at a Chiefs game at Arrowhead. Heard smack and cussing, especially when folks drink too much. But I've never seen anything like that reported in all the years I've followed the Chiefs...

Why fight when you can have a tailgate party?!<BR>

BigOlChiefsfan
11-04-2000, 11:06 AM
Terrapin, it's a reasonable question.
My take: CHIEFS games are 'family' entertainment, we don't tolerate punk behaviour, no matter what color shirt a guy wears, we'll bounce a$$holes wearing red as fast as anybody else. I've never seen a fight at ARROWHEAD simply over colors, or affiliation. Friendly smacktalk, yes, danger because of team support, no.
Assinine behaviour, on the other hand, can get you a fist in the eye anywhere. Scream curses like a sailor around somebody's 5 year old, harrass anybody, cheer about our injuries, act like you WANT to fight and there'll be plenty of big old boys to accomodate ya. ARROWHEAD is only dangerous for fools who shouldn't be allowed on the street without a keeper anyway. A real football fan should be safe in any stadium in this country...and ARROWHEAD is probably one of the safest places for a real football fan from any team.

They say you can tell a lot about someone by who their friends are, who their enemies are. I look at that savvy sea of red, the best 12th man in football, and I'm proud to be a CHIEFS fan. When I watch battery chucking fools on TV during an away game, or clueless clowns screaming while their QB calls an audible...again I'm proud to be a CHIEFS fan.
Advantage: KC

GO CHIEFS!!!