PDA

View Full Version : A question for the Moderators?

Logical
05-19-2006, 02:25 PM
It used to be you could tell that a thread had been moved from the Lounge to another forum. You would see the thread title and then dashes in the post count. If someone clicked on the thread name it would just take them to the thread and move them into that forum. What has happened that this is no longer the way it works?

I honestly thought I had made my first thread in the Lounge but when I could not find that link I just assumed I had made a mistake and restarted the thread in the Lounge where I intended it to be.

Second question over the last few weeks I had seen several thread on illegal immigration in the Lounge and they were not moved. What about my thread warranted it being moved not once but twice. I would have thought with the note I put at the bottom the moderator who moved the second thread would have given me the courtesy to tell me he had done it since the way the BB works apparently has changed.

Finally a request, would that moderator that moved them now merge them it looks silly having two identical threads over there when I did not double post them over there.

Thanks
Jim

JBucc
05-19-2006, 02:36 PM
This has DC written all over it

Logical
05-19-2006, 02:43 PM
This has DC written all over it

This thread?

Why on earth would you say that. I was very polite. I used to be a moderator and I know how the BB works. Something has changed and I am just trying to understand what. I am not mad the thread got moved. I don't really understand why since they did not explain. It is a little embarrassing to have two identical threads in DC which would not have happened if I knew for sure the first one had been moved, but I just assumed when the trace evidence was not over here that I had simply made an error and created the thread in the wrong forum.

Logical
05-19-2006, 03:10 PM
Even though it is dead around here this afternoon just enough posting is dropping this towards the bottom and I would like to understand what has changed so this is a shameless bump to keep it on the front page until a mod gets a chance to answer.

chiefqueen
05-19-2006, 03:23 PM
You had to stick the phrase illegal immagration in your post.

That will move to D.C. every time.

(That is, until the Planet has a Mexico City sub-forum.)

patteeu
05-19-2006, 04:19 PM
Forum rules dictate that "news" can be posted in the lounge unless it is posted by someone who is known to have political opinions in which case it is reclassified as political garbage and shipped off to the DC Dump. Little message board cleaning ladies then proceed to wipe the lounge clean of all traces of the thread so that the civilized folks can get back to their poop threads without any foul political odor messing with their experience.

BucEyedPea
05-19-2006, 04:24 PM
ROFL

chiefs4me
05-19-2006, 05:40 PM
Even though it is dead around here this afternoon just enough posting is dropping this towards the bottom and I would like to understand what has changed so this is a shameless bump to keep it on the front page until a mod gets a chance to answer.

Did they answer???

Logical
05-19-2006, 05:40 PM
Forum rules dictate that "news" can be posted in the lounge unless it is posted by someone who is known to have political opinions in which case it is reclassified as political garbage and shipped off to the DC Dump. Little message board cleaning ladies then proceed to wipe the lounge clean of all traces of the thread so that the civilized folks can get back to their poop threads without any foul political odor messing with their experience.

It is the part in bold that I am unaware of and as a former moderator that used to not be possible. You moved it, it left a notification that it was moved by leaving the thread title and the last poster only as it worked its way off the front page. If they have have come up with a way to truly disappear it when moved then they should notify the thread creator either in the thread or through a PM that they did so. I am not upset about it being moved it is being made look foolish by not notifying me that bothers me. I suspect Dole because he likes to play mind games on me, the rotten bastich.;)

Logical
05-19-2006, 05:41 PM
Did they answer???No

Skip Towne
05-19-2006, 05:51 PM
You're right, Bob Dole is a rotten bassert. I asked him to get rid of the sticky that hasn't had a hit for 8 days and he refused. He should be killed. (I think he was too busy growing his eyebrows)

Bob Dole
05-19-2006, 05:54 PM
It is the part in bold that I am unaware of and as a former moderator that used to not be possible. You moved it, it left a notification that it was moved by leaving the thread title and the last poster only as it worked its way off the front page. If they have have come up with a way to truly disappear it when moved then they should notify the thread creator either in the thread or through a PM that they did so. I am not upset about it being moved it is being made look foolish by not notifying me that bothers me. I suspect Dole because he likes to play mind games on me, the rotten bastich.;)

You suspect the right person but got the motivation wrong.

Bob Dole simply clicked on the first "report post" email, moved the message, then went back to Bob Dole's paying job.

There are 3 options when moving a message:

Move post
Move post (leave redirect)
Move post (put original poster in a skirt and leotard)

Bob Dole just picked the first option and moved on to other stuff. If it would please you, Bob Dole can move it back to the lounge, then move it back to D.C. with one of the other two options.

burt
05-19-2006, 05:56 PM
No

ROFL guess it may not be your house anymore...........

Logical
05-19-2006, 05:58 PM
You suspect the right person but got the motivation wrong.

Bob Dole simply clicked on the first "report post" email, moved the message, then went back to Bob Dole's paying job.

There are 3 options when moving a message:

Move post
Move post (leave redirect)
Move post (put original poster in a skirt and leotard)

Bob Dole just picked the first option and moved on to other stuff. If it would please you, Bob Dole can move it back to the lounge, then move it back to D.C. with one of the other two options.No but I figured my stated motivation would draw out either you to clear it up or the one who did it to clear your good name. Thanks Senator. Next time though if you could click on the redirect message option it might save me some frustration/embarrassment. I would never have done it twice if I had known you moved the first one.

Bob Dole
05-19-2006, 06:08 PM
No but I figured my stated motivation would draw out either you to clear it up or the one who did it to clear your good name. Thanks Senator. Next time though if you could click on the redirect message option it might save me some frustration/embarrassment. I would never have done it twice if I had known you moved the first one.

Sorry about that. No slight intended...

Just got back home from picking up a test drive for the weekend and sat down with a beer. (Bob Dole doesn't think he's going to like the test drive though.) Bob Dole will fix it here in a sec.

Katipan
05-19-2006, 06:11 PM
All this polite shit is giving me a headache. Someone call someone else a fag.

Logical
05-19-2006, 06:21 PM
Sorry about that. No slight intended...

Just got back home from picking up a test drive for the weekend and sat down with a beer. (Bob Dole doesn't think he's going to like the test drive though.) Bob Dole will fix it here in a sec.

Hmmm will Dole not like:

The beer?
The test drive?
Fixing something?

Shutup Mer you fag.:p

Bob Dole
05-19-2006, 06:29 PM
Hmmm will Dole not like:

The beer?
The test drive?
Fixing something?

Shutup Mer you Rump Ranger.:p

The fix didn't take a whole lot of effort. The beer is cold. The Magnum is just a little too much land yacht-ish for Bob Dole's driving habits.

Calcountry
05-19-2006, 07:28 PM
All this polite shit is giving me a headache. Someone call someone else a Rump Ranger.GoChiefs isn't here.

Over-Head
05-19-2006, 08:17 PM
GoChiefs isn't here. But if he was we could call him a fag and laugh about ROFLit