PDA

View Full Version : Listen up!

CrazyHorse
11-24-2000, 08:56 AM
I simply refuse to hear the cries of you weak, mamby pamby, fire em all, play for a draft pick, nobody knows what they're doing, I'm sick of losing, Grbac sucks, Gunther sucks, Peterson sucks, whiners that were ready to give up on this team in the pre-season.

I remember a team last season that started out rough and finished the strongest team in the AFC East. The Jets! Though they did not make it to the big game in the end, they also had no chance to make it by the time they turned it around. But none the less, they were the best in the East by the end of the season.

My point is simple, we can still win. If we do not win, I will beleive in the guys on my team to find a way to win. I believe in our coaches to find thier way this year. If they do not, then maybe we should find someone else to do it. But while they are on my sideline they have my support 100%.

And for the rest of you, I will call you out right here on this board. The type of person you are is a direct reflection of how you respond in adverse situations. I know if the leaders on this team were whining how they couldn't get it done every week, and pointing fingers the way we do, then this would be the worst team in NFL history.

Save your excuses for some one else because I can't hear em. I don't care why you are weak. I don't want to hear about what you can't do, to get behind this team. I want to hear what you can do. Then I want you to do it, and shut the @#$& up!!

Now let's tee it up and knock thier block off!!

Go Chiefs!!

Dan(friggin)Edwards

Brock
11-24-2000, 09:07 AM
If you can't see that this is the worst coached Chiefs team in over a decade, I don't know what to tell you. You want to talk about the Jets? Fine, get me Bill Parcells to coach this team the rest of the way and I'll stop complaining.

stevieray
11-24-2000, 09:12 AM
The potential is there . You don't beat the World Champions with luck. If and when this team fires on all cylinders, we are contenders.

A balanced offensive attack, and allowing teams back into games are our most glaring weaknesses.

The Chiefs didn't pick us, we picked them.

Mosbonian
11-24-2000, 09:14 AM
Dan:

I'll be you're Huckleberry!!(I love Val Kilmer in "Tombstone")

Where do I start?

1)If you don't like what you read, then please feel free to ignore it. It is that simple.

2)It's "namby-pamby", not mamby-pamby....

3)Quite frankly they "all" need to go. Who on our coaching staff is having a good season. I challenge you to find me a coach who should name himself to the "Coaches Pro-Bowl". If you are honest, you will agree there are none.

4)I want a good draft pick, but not at the expense of playing to win any games we should.

5)There isn't anyone who knows what they are doing on the coaching staff. If they did we wouldn't have the worst Special Teams in the league, the pathetic running game and the poorest defensvie scheme in the league.

6)If you aren't sick of losing , then i feel for you. Anyone who accepts losing is a loser himself.

con't

CrazyHorse
11-24-2000, 09:19 AM
Brock, I understand your frustration. Make no mistakes, I realize the problems that face our team. I don't agree that a person can make an accurate, complete diagnosis though, sitting in an armchair on Sunday.

Again, you prove how difficult it is stand up and be responsible for you reaction.

I don't agree with all the Chiefs decisions. I am not blind to thier problems.

I choose to stand up, and fight for my team. My team mates can count on me in tough times as well as the lean times.

Dan

Mosbonian
11-24-2000, 09:23 AM
con't

7)Grbac doesn't suck...he could use a running game.

8) Gunther DOES suck. His "I'm gonna quit, no I'm not", "I'm gonna sit in on the Offense/Defense/Special Teams", "Loyal to the guys who got me here" "Only get 4 hours of sleep each night", " I like that kicker because he tried out in a sleeveless shirt in the middle of the winter" and so on and so on, mantras have gotten old.

9)Peterson doesn't suck, but he has had his time and hasn't gotten it doone. Maybe it is time for new blood, I don't know. I just know we can't seem to put ALL the pieces together, when we know what pieces we are missing.<P>

Mosbonian
11-24-2000, 09:37 AM
Lastly, I don't need your sorry-a$$ approval to be a Chiefs fan. But since you seem intent on calling everyone "weak" let me return in kind.

If you are so "weak-minded" as to follow blindly without question, then I don't want you as a Chiefs fan. I sat beside many of you and your kind during the 80's who were sure that you were the only "true fan" because you were there. Funny thing was, that as the Chiefs lost more, the less devoted you were to the team. Eventually you were more of a cancer than a devoted fan.

I get behind this team even though I am living in South Carolina. I bought NFL Direct Ticket so I could watch EVERY game. You can't even begin to question my loyalty unless you have been a fan since the inception of the Chiefs.

So my answer to you is :

Sit down and shut the @#$& up!!!!!

mark

[This message has been edited by Mark Kilgore (edited 11-24-2000).]

milkman
11-24-2000, 09:52 AM
I'm sick of people that tell me that I am somehow weak, and not a real fan, or some other crap like that because I have the balls to critisize the problems this team has as I see them, and do not blindly support every decision that is made by this piss-poor excuse of a coaching staff.
Here's the problem. If this team somehow manages to run the table and make the playoffs, then we can be assured that the same staff, and hence, the same problems will return for another season. I won't root for them to lose, but at the same time, I won't cry in my milk if continued losing forces he changes that are so desperately needed.
the milkman
if you don't like it, to freakin' bad

[This message has been edited by Lompoc Brave (edited 11-24-2000).]

CrazyHorse
11-24-2000, 10:37 AM
You know... the ironic part of it all is that I never said any one in particular. You are the only one labling yourself weak. So chase your own demons friend. As to my loyalty or posture I decide to take your quickness to judge me personally, is proof positive, that you are one of those(knee jerk reaction)type of people who one week are glad to see a rebuilding year, then as soon as we lose a game, are ready to gut the whole team and start over.

As I stated before, I am not blind to the needs of the team. However, how I decide to respond to that is what makes me who I am, and the way you respond is a portait of who you are.

Again, you tell me what you can't do. I'm impressed. Save it.

Dan

JOhn
11-24-2000, 11:37 AM
hehehe
:D

Gotta love a blind homer!!

I to agree with alot you said Dan (fyi,no relation)

stevieray, you hit the nail on the head.
As for the "bad" coaching etc, yea it is bad right now, but can ANYONE honestly compare this team to the teams of the late 70's & early 80's??

NO WAY.

(willing to hang in there thru thick & thin.)<BR>

Mosbonian
11-24-2000, 11:49 AM
Dan:

To paraphrase you:

Again, you've shown me what you can't do, now show me what you can do. SO FAR I'M NOT IMPRESSED and I am sure most Chiefs fans aren't.

You've haven't shown the ability to be able to accept the fact that not everyone agrees with you. That fact alone makes you nowhere close to being a "true fan".

Were you there during the 80's Dan? Did you sit thru the REALLY poor seasons when you could fit all the Chiefs fans into one section alone? I doubt it by the way you are acting by judging others based on your standards.(Very weak ones by the way)

You see, I don't base fan loyalty on the ability to be a blind homer, but the ability to be tolerant and accept ALL FANS.

mark
more of a fan than you will ever admit

------------------
Kilgore is a noun, not a verb..

JOhn
11-24-2000, 11:55 AM
Hey Mark & Dan
Chill on the caffiene guys, we are all on the same side http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Clint in Wichita
11-24-2000, 12:00 PM
It sounds like Dan responds to adverse situations like a 3-year-old who thinks a monster is under his bed.

Pull the sheets over your head and hope it simply goes away.

Mosbonian
11-24-2000, 12:03 PM
JOhn:

I guess I have had enough of so-called "fans"
spouting crap like this all year long. I've been a fan longer than most people on this board(and in some cases before some were even born) and sat thru teams and games that make this years team look like the Super Bowl champs.

Leave this crap to drunken barroom arguments.

mark

------------------

JOhn
11-24-2000, 12:20 PM
MArk,
I hear what your saying. I think That we all agree that to call somone a "bad" fan or whatever is in very poor taste. We all have our lows, and highs, but to infer that someone is a superior fan is nonsense.

It's one thing to be a bandwagon fan, and all togather different to be a critical fan.

Heck back before the Rams game, I started a thread about how we would beat them. I know a lot of people thought I was nuts, but hey thats there opinion.

(FYI i too was there during the LOW times, Kinda miss being able to walk up to Arrowhead on game day and get about any ticket I wanted :D )

CrazyHorse
11-24-2000, 12:27 PM
Okay Mark, I will conceed. You are the better fan. I am blind homer because I don't stand screaming at the top of my voice how lousy the Chiefs are. As I stated before, I see problems on the team. I am willing to debate realistic opinions about the direction of this team. According to you whiners this is a bad season and the fact that I am here now would indicate the fan that I am,huh?

You have found a way to personally attack the kind of fan I am, and the type of man I am, and how much better a fan you are than I am. You are really letting your inability to think before you speak paint the picture, that you are an idiot. If I told you that I was a fan since the early/mid 80's would that give you a discription of what kind of fan I am? Didn't think so.

I don't think what I said is the problem. It is how you percieve yourself. I did not put your name to this thread, you did. I have no idea what type of guy you are, and made no judgement of the like.

If it will make you feel better though I will mark you off of my list of "bad" fans, okay. LOL

Dan

Mosbonian
11-24-2000, 12:57 PM
Dan:

You are getting more amusing every time you type Dan. It's too bad you have to resort to the Stuart Smalley School of self-help.

1)You launched the "open ended" attack with your post.It was meant as a boost to your fan morale not mine. I didn't attack you as a man(you have your own demons there) just the fact that you think you are the only "true fan".

2) I didn't say i was a better fan, you did. You questioned the loyalty of anyone who didn't believe as you do. You created your own abyss, and now you wish help to crawl out of it.

3)"You are really letting your inability to think before you speak paint the picture, that you are an idiot."- An opinion on your part that shows your inability to be tolerant. Sad & pathetic....

4)"If it will make you feel better though I will mark you off of my list of "bad" fans, okay."- Unlike you, I don't need someone to affirm the fact that I am not a "bad" fan, nor do I need your affirmation to make me feel better about myself.

5)"If I told you that I was a fan since the early/mid 80's would that give you a discription of what kind of fan I am"- Yes a guy who suffered thru the hard times like I did.

mark

Mosbonian
11-24-2000, 01:01 PM
JOhn:

I had the company tickets whenever i wanted them pre-Marty, and bought really good seats for the times i didn't get the company tickets. I can remember sitting on the 50 yard line behind the Raiders bench with more Raider fans than Chiefs fans.

I remember having what I thought was my own personal concessionaire who always knew when i needed another Coke, Hot dog, or in the cooler months, a Hot Chocolate.

Those were some pretty fun, but sad days.

mark

------------------

TheFly
11-24-2000, 01:07 PM
Dan, are you sure you're not Gunther Cunningham? You sound just like him, and I'll bet you get just as much sleep!

Your one line is typical Gun: "If we do not win, I will beleive in the guys on my team to find a way to win."

Classic!!!!!

milkman
11-24-2000, 02:32 PM
I responded to this topic because I want to "fire 'em all" which is part of the description of the type of fan you describe. You do not seperate the "fire 'em all" fan from the "mamby pamby" or "weak" fan. It is all part of one descriptive sentence. If you want to critisize me because I think Goonther MaGoo, The Three Stooges, and Limp Willie should be fired, then that's fine. We can debate that. But since that is one single descriptive sentence, I took offense.
Coaching decisions on game plans and adjustments, schemes and technics is what I question and critisize. The lack of direction and motivation is what leads me to question MaGoo's ability to lead this team. I was, and still am, fully in support of the decision to play the rookies, and hope that Chiefs continue to do so in the future.
the milkman
clarifying my position

Raiderhater
11-24-2000, 03:06 PM
Who are you calling weak? You know, just because people complain about the way things are done, doesn't mean that they are not fans. Just because you root for a team, does not mean that you have to agree with every thing they do. We are sick of the status quo. What is wrong with that. Unless some one says they have given up, and can't take it any longer, you have no bases to question someone's fanhood.
GO CHIEFS

------------------
WILDCATS 29
corn balls 28

Nelson Muntz
11-24-2000, 03:42 PM
two words and two words only for mr edwards
shut up

------------------
~R.I.P. Tupac Shakur~

CrazyHorse
11-24-2000, 09:41 PM
Well....okay then.

I have made a mistake. I thought that I was calling out the members that do nothing but complain and stomp thier feet. You know...the ones that lose thier mind when we lose and are ready to gut the entire team. And when we win are talking superbowl contention.

However, in some inadvertant way I have summoned some of the greatest fans that the Chiefs have ever had stand behind them. Ooops!! For you guys, I admire your intestinal fortitude.

My only question is this. How did you connect yourself to this post?

I have no beef with a fan that is unhappy. Or one that has passion. Or one that is a blind homer. Nor a critical fan that has something to offer. My impatience comes from those that have NOTHING positive to say at all.

Mark, I would go on pulling your strings, but I feel after corresponding with you for the afternoon that I would only be beating on an other wise defensless little man.

Perhaps you will get your wish. Maybe screaming and stomping your feet will work for you. I gave that up a while back, though. Good luck.

Dan

Mosbonian
11-24-2000, 10:31 PM
Dan:

I always enjoy laughing at guys whose inadequacies lead them to try the superiority method of self-esteem improvement.

Your pitiful attempts to disparage me leave you with nothing but the appearance of a sad pathetic loser who thinks that hiding behind the computer and calling out people is the only way to make up for his inability to do better in life.

Pulling my strings? About the only thing you did was show that you have low self-esteem, very little understanding of tolerance, and large need for affirmation.

You are the only person stomping and screaming, and quite frankly you act like my 4 year old when she doesn't get her way.

Come on back in and exchange ideas when you can play with the rest of the adults in here.
Otherwise I am saving my breath for more enlightening discussions with people who have and show respect for others.

mark

CrazyHorse
11-24-2000, 11:08 PM
You are correct, I have no respect for you at all. Your personal insults fall on deaf ears.

If you had the opportunity to meet me I don't feel that you would make some of the same brilliant observations that you have made today. I wonder what you do for a living. Probably the LEADER of some great company. Or wait, you own your own business?

Or do you rent out your body, by the hour to someone that has done what you cannot do? I don't even have to guess. After all we have allready established that you prefer the "can't do" mentality.

As for the "low self esteam", though I must admit you come across as quite a stud, I will muddle through. Have a nice day.

Dan

Mosbonian
11-24-2000, 11:48 PM
Dan:

"yawnnnnn"

Still trying to legitimize yourself? Thought so!

What do I do for a living? Hang in and find out sometime. We've had that discussion in here before, you have obviously missed that during your Adult Education classes.(BTW, my insults aren't falling on deaf ears because you have actually read and acknowledged them so save the try at acting like you don't hear them.)

As for what I would do if we met in person? I would probably laugh, because it would only confirm my suspicions that you are the weak pathetic person that you portray so far in your posts.

I can see here that I am waging a battle of wits with an unarmed warrior as my opponent.

mark

CrazyHorse
11-25-2000, 06:56 AM
Legitimize? Okee dokee.

It hurts me so, that you can not legitimize me Mark. I will try to move on without legitimazation. You must be impressed by that, surely, as you have helped me to move on. Your strength has been an inspiration.

Thanks,twerp.
lol

Dan

CrazyHorse
11-25-2000, 07:28 AM
As for hanging around, I have been on these Chiefs boards for a couple of years. We have had a couple of coversations in the past. They have been much more productive than this one.

I would like to take this opportunity to appologise for the insults on your charactor. I do not know you and really make no claim as to what kind of person you are. I would also like to say that I was not challenging you personally, or was this post directed at you. You are right. every one has the right to be whatever fan they want to be. I am not the fan police and make no such claim. I do however get tired of the posters that have NOTHING positive to say. If that is you sir, then I am tired of you. If not, then your reaction is unwarranted. Either way, I have a right to be tired of listening to the crybabies.

I did not challenge anyones fandom, but challeneged them to contribute to a solution. I get as tired as anyone at watching this team lose. I also critisize this team for thier coaching and am tired of hearing one thing only to do another on game day. I feel desperate to make a change only to watch them make the same mistakes every week. I choose not to stand and boo the team at Arrowhead stadium. I feel like it undermines the growth of the team. It doesn't mean I am blind, but means I choose to handle adversity differently.

Dan<P>

AZChief
11-25-2000, 12:16 PM
Wow, this is really good stuff! Without a doubt this is one of the funniest threads I've read on the Planet.

Dan, I agree that KC has more whiners that call themselves fans then just about any team in the league. You know what? We've got more to whine about! While "Kill Gore" is always quick to get into a battle of words, I think coming in "swinging" as a lurker shows a little lack of respect. Get to know the regulars before you make conclusions about their level of passion.

It's kinda funny how poor KC play makes us all, at times, sit down infront of a plastic box and vent! I'm sure if you two meet you'd get on fine and by the time you figured out who you were talking to, the beer and ribs would make you laugh out loud.

I'm in San Diego and I for one will be more passionate than ever at the game tomorrow. I didn't fly to California to see my Chiefs lose to the "perfect" 0-11 Chargers.

SDChief