PDA

View Full Version : No wonder they can't solve any crimes

Romel
09-25-2000, 10:40 AM
The Denver Post's Adam Schefter, who's kind of a Joe Posnaski minus the talent and cynicism (this guy makes Joe seem edgy, if you can believe that), actually moved Denver up in his power rankings today. Denver performs a full TD below the national point line and this guy now upgrades his expectations of them! Here's the link:
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/pow0924.htm

I guess the Broncos are the best damned middle-10 team ever: maybe that's why Adam has them 7th. Is there any media market in the country with more delusions than Denver's?

Yosef_Malkovitch
09-25-2000, 10:45 AM
DanT -

That was YESTERDAY's pregame rankings.

Gracie Dean
09-25-2000, 10:48 AM
Far be it from me to suggest that a Broncos fan is anything less than a babbling fools, but it looks like the power rankings were issued Sunday MORNING, judging from the Washington/NYGiant and Tampa/NYJet comments alone.

However, I would question the brain power involved in putting out your power rankings hours before the games. Just invites ridicule.

DaveC
09-25-2000, 10:48 AM
Yes. The L.A. Times. Had Denver ranked 7th of the 31 teams and the Chiefs 22nd. The Times has always denigrated the Chiefs and their fans as entertainment starved hicks. Of course there isn't even a team for the entertainment starved hicks out here.
These numbers we're also before yesterday's game. But I hate the Times' sports writers so -nya nya nya nya nya!

[This message has been edited by Durtman (edited 09-25-2000).]

Romel
09-25-2000, 10:55 AM
Here's another astute insight from the Denver Post:
"After giving away an eight-point lead in the fourth quarter, maybe the magic of Mile High has already moved to the new stadium across the street."

Mark Kiszla (9/24/2000) [http://www.denverpost.com/scolumns/kiz0925.htm]

Gee, did Elway move to the new stadium? I mean, Denver's only won 4 games at Mile High since he retired (Oakland, Green Bay, Seattle and Atlanta) and lost 6 games (Miami, Jets, Minnesota, KC twice, and San Diego). Mile High magic, my *** .

Actually, I kind of enjoy the effects of Denver's ridiculously misinforming media. John Mobley is left to ponder just how, oh how in the world, did a team whose head coach is 2-0 against them get a victory against the mighty Broncos, who are all of 8-12 since Elway moved to the stadium next door. Tough to take, isn't it Mr. Mobley? It's almost not "real", isn't it?

Romel
09-25-2000, 10:59 AM
OOPS! Don't I feel stupid, KPhobia? It sounded so much like something Schefter would write that I assumed he posted it after the game. I should have remembered that on the Post's website only wire stories get added in between each daily edition.

Oh well, I guess it just shows how little he anticipated what happened to his Broncos.

Phobia
09-25-2000, 12:33 PM
Hey durtman, does TJ Simers write for the LA times? He is absolutely the WORST NFL writer in the world.