PDA

View Full Version : "One of the most impressive things about Gunther is how hard the guys have played"

Brock
11-27-2000, 11:14 PM
Carl Peterson:"One of the most impressive things about Gunther is how hard the guys have played every single week," Peterson said. "That is an essential (quality) of a head football coach. He's had to bring in new staff members, and he's incorporating them into what we're doing here. Sometimes that takes a year or so."

Carl Peterson is suffering from the worst case of clinical denial I have seen in a long time.

Phobia
11-27-2000, 11:15 PM
CYA

At least Carl doesn't pull a Gunther and start finger pointing - you have to give him credit for that.

morphius
11-27-2000, 11:39 PM
I think some of the players are playing hard, but it is hard to tell when the plays they are supposed to be running are so completely wrong, or the personel for the play is wrong and nothing happens. Very painful.

Why was Bennett getting the ball when we were backed up to the 10 yard line, it is one thing to get the ball in short yardage situations, another when you are trying to get out of horrible field position. At that point you give the ball to a guy who can make a big play.

G_Man
11-27-2000, 11:40 PM
Here's the whole article, for any who haven't read it:
http://www.kcstar.com/item/pages/chiefs98.pat,sports/3774f262.b27,.html

One of the more depressing things I've read this year.

alanm
11-28-2000, 08:06 AM
I get home from work after a hard night and this is the first thing that I read. Now I'm depressed. Carl and Gun together again for the forseeable future http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/frown.gif

Clint in Wichita
11-28-2000, 08:27 AM
Let's hope the NFC title game is in St. Louis again this year, and that it's snowing.

I'LL BE SURE TO GET TICKETS FOR YOU, CARL!!

Red and Gold Mania
11-28-2000, 08:30 AM
"On whether the Chiefs, faced with the possibility of losing established players such as James Hasty, Tim Grunhard, Will Shields, Kimble Anders and Donnell Bennett, are headed for a rebuilding period: "I don't like the word rebuilding because that term means tearing everything down. That's not necessary here.
"I will say we're in a period of transition. We've got a lot of younger players. We've made a concerted effort to get those players involved. But we are and we'll always be in a mode of winning."

This is sick :(<P>

ansonsdad
11-28-2000, 08:30 AM
No matter how you slice it,it comes up Bull Sh!t!

Baby Lee
11-28-2000, 08:43 AM
Can we hold out hope that Carl appears to be in such denial because he doesn't know the true future of the Chiefs org - a new GM??

kcred
11-28-2000, 09:40 AM
Does anyone know how to email this lunatic. Or for that matter Lamar Hunt. His head must roll first, then the new GM cans Guns and his old crew. I wish I still lived in KC had season tickets, so I could personally tell them to shove them up their collective *** .

Nelson Muntz
11-28-2000, 06:16 PM
and i thought i was delusional.....

------------------
~R.I.P. Tupac Shakur~