PDA

View Full Version : Reggie comes back...

Clint in Wichita
09-25-2000, 11:03 AM
Tongue goes home

The hype will begin today, but Seahawk strong safety Reggie Tongue has been thinking about next week's Monday Night Football game against Kansas City for the past few weeks.

"It's been kind of hard not to think about it," said Tongue, who started his career in Kansas City and played four seasons with the Chiefs.

"I've always tried to take it week by week, but this week I couldn't hide from it. It was hard not to think about it," he said.

"It's going to be very emotional. If I have a great game, I want it to be next week. . . . It's a chance for me to prove them wrong. They shouldn't have let me go."

Tongue also wants to prove something to his new bosses, who signed him to a five-year deal worth $13 million. So far, he's had a slow start with just 17 tackles this season.

Tongue is the only starter in the Seahawk secondary who does not have an interception.

"I'm still searching for my big game," he said. "For whatever reasons, I'm not getting my hands on the ball. I'm just not making as many plays as I would like to make.' <P>

Yosef_Malkovitch
09-25-2000, 11:06 AM
Reggie,

We don't miss you. We wish you had gone to a non-division rival but we do NOT miss you and your fat contract. We have TWO guys that fill your shoes and cost about 1/10 of your salary. Enjoy Seattle.

alanm
09-25-2000, 11:19 AM
Reggie-

C’mon, buddy, let’s be honest. YOU made it about the money. You got what you wanted. I wish you well, except for two games a season, but please don’t paint yourself as a victim. I have a really hard time feeling sorry for a FA millionaire who followed the money.

xoxo~
gaz
fresh outta sympathy.<BR>

redbrian
09-25-2000, 11:43 AM
C'mon, now...Tongue signed a contract that is VERY similar to the deal Jerome Woods signed. I'm glad KC has Wesley, but Tongue was a playmaker. We shouldn't belittle him just because he's no longer a Chief.

Moose
09-25-2000, 01:16 PM
Yes we should, he's a seachicken now.

Moose
09-25-2000, 01:17 PM
Yes we should, he's a seachicken now.

Coogs
09-25-2000, 01:20 PM
Reggie who? http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/tongue.gif

Yosef_Malkovitch
09-25-2000, 01:26 PM
re: "We shouldn't belittle him just because he's no longer a Chief."

Last year, he was the one that would rather go for the strip than tackle efficiently. I don't know how many times we watched ball carriers carry him for 5+ yards (often for the first down) while he tried to strip the ball. He's a serviceable safety, no question. But we have serviceable replacements. There was no dropoff when Reggie left and I'm glad we're not stuck with the bill for him.

I guess my point is that we were bashing him prior to his departure and for good reason.

[This message has been edited by KPhobia (edited 09-25-2000).]

alanm
09-25-2000, 01:29 PM
Clint-

I certainly did not mean to belittle him. He went for the money and I can respect his decision to do so. But it is disingenuous of Tongue to whine that we let him go. He wanted FA money and he got it elsewhere. He should be happy with his millions and quit whining, IMO.

xoxo~
gaz
has no hard feelings against Reggie.<BR>

CarolinaChief
09-25-2000, 02:04 PM
If I remember correctly, we offered him a contract.

------------------
GO PITT!