PDA

View Full Version : NBA finals, anyone else watching?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Miles
06-08-2006, 09:15 PM
Pretty solid game so far and about to hit the 4th quarter.

Mecca
06-08-2006, 09:15 PM
It looks like it's just about us.........everyone else is busy watching the oh so exciting Royals.

Simply Red
06-08-2006, 09:17 PM
Yes Miles, I'm watching...

4th and Long
06-08-2006, 09:17 PM
NBA?

*YAWN*

Miles
06-08-2006, 09:20 PM
Nice, that original post didn't take long.

Mecca
06-08-2006, 09:22 PM
Anyone who thinks Dallas is boring doesn't watch them play......also this years NBA playoffs have been the best in a long time.

tyton75
06-08-2006, 09:23 PM
Who is winning?

4th and Long
06-08-2006, 09:23 PM
Anyone who thinks Dallas is boring doesn't watch them play......also this years NBA playoffs have been the best in a long time.
You're right. I don't watch them play. In fact, I don't watch the NBA at all. Give me college basketball anyday. Less egos, less fights.

Miles
06-08-2006, 09:26 PM
......also this years NBA playoffs have been the best in a long time.

I really have had no interest in who was playing, other than maybe the Clippers, and have still really enjoyed watching the playoffs this year. Definitly agree that they have been the best in a while.

Mecca
06-08-2006, 09:27 PM
You're right. I don't watch them play. In fact, I don't watch the NBA at all. Give me college basketball anyday. Less egos, less fights.

Such egos on the Mavs.......that Dirk Nowitski what an ass he is. You have the typical middle american perception of the NBA that every team is what a few players in the league are. How about you learn about what you're talking about before you spout it off.

Mecca
06-08-2006, 09:28 PM
I'd also like to point out that Jason Terry is the man.

Miles
06-08-2006, 09:29 PM

Very suprising follow up to the anti NBA post.

Not really trying to give you shit but college BB fans in the midwest don't exactly tend to like the NBA.

BWillie
06-08-2006, 09:29 PM
I'm watching, the series have been exciting than any recent playoffs of memory. There have been so many series go to game 7 it has been mind boggling. Both the Heat and Mavericks are extremely fun teams to watch despite what all of the haters say. Two great stories in the finals here, we have the fanlike extravagant Mavericks owner Mark Cuban, COY Avery Johnson, and the birdlike Dirk Nowitski looking for their first ring. Then you have emerged superstar Dwayne Wade searching for his 1st title and Shaq trying to prove he doesn't need Kobe. Good stuff if you ask me.

Miles
06-08-2006, 09:30 PM
Such egos on the Mavs.......that Dirk Nowitski what an ass he is. You have the typical middle american perception of the NBA that every team is what a few players in the league are. How about you learn about what you're talking about before you spout it off.

Wait, what about that midrange jumper argument?

Mecca
Very suprising follow up to the anti NBA post.

Not really trying to give you shit but college BB fans in the midwest don't exactly tend to like the NBA.

He can be like my dad and tell us there aren't enough white guys in the NBA now.

4th and Long
If your opinion actually meant something to me, I might be offended.

I'm not offended, obviously.

American should be capitalized, FYI. How unpatriotic of you.

Logical
No but I am hoping the Heat win the series.

Mecca
06-08-2006, 09:32 PM
Wait, what about that midrange jumper argument?

I think that's kind of tired......there are some teams that just flat out aren't good on offense.

BWillie
06-08-2006, 09:32 PM

I agree man, people are so fickle these days with so much sports reporters spouting off that they don't think for themselves. Sit down, watch the games, they really are exciting.

Miles
06-08-2006, 09:33 PM
No but I am hoping the Heat win the series.

I am kind of torn but I may kind of want the Heat to win. Only because I like Shaq's sense of humor a lot.

Mecca
06-08-2006, 09:36 PM
If your opinion actually meant something to me, I might be offended.

I'm not offended, obviously.

American should be capitalized, FYI. How unpatriotic of you.

You basically said you don't like the NBA and cited the same reason most of white middle America, middle class people say. "It's a bunch of thugs so I don't watch it". Well if you don't watch it how would you know? You guy by what ESPN or some reporter on tv says the league gets a bad perception based on what a few players do.

Miles
06-08-2006, 09:36 PM
I think that's kind of tired......there are some teams that just flat out aren't good on offense.

Even the bad NBA teams don't play that bad of offense compaired to college. I really enjoy the hell out of the NCAA tourney, but watching those teams play offense is rough. Good D is the same as a lot of contact I suppose.

Brock
06-08-2006, 09:37 PM
I don't usually watch it because I don't think it's basketball.

Mecca
06-08-2006, 09:38 PM
I'm pulling for the Mavs, Dirk is one of my favorite players and I enjoy the hell out of the way they play.

chiefs4me
06-08-2006, 09:38 PM
OF COURSE I AM WATCHING, COME ON MAVS...D D D

BWillie
06-08-2006, 09:40 PM
Mavs are gonna take the series in 6. They got too many weapons.

Miles
06-08-2006, 09:41 PM
I'm pulling for the Mavs, Dirk is one of my favorite players and I enjoy the hell out of the way they play.

Yep I really like how they play. Dirk is great to watch even if he bitches a lot about touch calls. His sick scoring ability is alway nice. Their role players also chip in much more than they get credit for.

BWillie
06-08-2006, 09:45 PM
Yep I really like how they play. Dirk is great to watch even if he bitches a lot about touch calls. His sick scoring ability is alway nice. Their role players also chip in much more than they get credit for.

Strong 250lbs 7 footer that can shoot the 3, I am really suprised he doesn't score more. Looks like it's over folks 85-79 Dallas with 2 minutes remaining..Dampier goin to the line.

Miles
06-08-2006, 09:50 PM
That stackhouse roll shold finish this.

chiefs4me
06-08-2006, 09:53 PM
PBJ PBJ PBJ

tk13
06-08-2006, 09:55 PM
Confetti at the end of game 1? What's up with that?

BWillie
06-08-2006, 09:57 PM

Haha I like Mark Cuban. I'd act the same way if I was rich and had my own team. He just acts as a fan, wants to be a part of things, and make it an entertaining atmosphere. He can be a little arrogant at times, but I guess that goes with the territory. At least he's not fake.

Did you see the interview with Dirk with Stuey at the end of the game? He speaks English remarkably well for a German. He should teach Yao Ming some pointers, he can't speak for shit.

Miles
06-08-2006, 10:02 PM
Haha I like Mark Cuban. I'd act the same way if I was rich and had my own team. He just acts as a fan, wants to be a part of things, and make it an entertaining atmosphere. He can be a little arrogant at times, but I guess that goes with the territory. At least he's not fake.

Did you see the interview with Dirk with Stuey at the end of the game? He speaks English remarkably well for a German. He should teach Yao Ming some pointers, he can't speak for shit.

Yao really doesn't speak that bad of English but I think he tends to underplay what he knows. Derk is completly fluant and and English isnt exactly uncommon in Germany. Some of my friends have run into him at bars and said he was really cool for a pro athlete.

Im with you on Cuban. He really seems like a fan that just happens to own the team. Others get annoyed by his antics but I think he is a badass.

Hammock Parties
06-08-2006, 10:04 PM
Dallas totally outclassed Miami. Howard and Dirk were horrible offensively and they still won by 10. I think Dallas is clearly the better team in this series.

chiefs4me
06-08-2006, 10:05 PM

It's alwasy a party in Dallas..:D

Halfcan
06-08-2006, 10:42 PM
Watching Shaq miss freethrows is just freakin funny. I mean seriously, you would think he would at least aim for that big white thing with a square in the middle-Its called a BACKBOARD Shaq!! He should go granny style-he couldn't look worse.

Wade is the best player on the court.

Pasta Little Brioni
06-08-2006, 10:44 PM
pretty good game...cuban is a dream to have as an owner if your a mavs fan.

58-4ever
06-08-2006, 10:45 PM

With most of the NBA games I've gone to, confetti comes down after every win. Kinda rediculous I know.

58-4ever
06-08-2006, 10:45 PM
pretty good game...cuban is a dream to have as an owner if your a mavs fan.

He should buy the Royals although he has repeatedly looked into buying the Pirates.

Halfcan
06-08-2006, 10:47 PM
Cuban is a d#ck, can't stand the guy. But Mavs will win because SHAQ CAN'T MAKE A FREAKIN FREETHROW!!!!! Pathetic, he doesn't even try.

Pasta Little Brioni
06-08-2006, 10:53 PM
He should buy the Royals although he has repeatedly looked into buying the Pirates.

that would be hilarious if he bought the royals...where do you start though. the joke of an owner they have now has set that team back for a while.

Pasta Little Brioni
06-08-2006, 10:55 PM
Cuban is a d#ck, can't stand the guy. But Mavs will win because SHAQ CAN'T MAKE A FREAKIN FREETHROW!!!!! Pathetic, he doesn't even try.

he may be a dick, but that's the kind of guy you want running your team....you would think after all this time in the league shaq would have improved a little on those free throws.

Psyko Tek
06-08-2006, 10:56 PM
NOOO

THERE ARE NO NBA FINALS
SUNS LOST END OF NBA
sticks fingers in ears
LALALALALLALALALALALLALAL

good luck mavs

58-4ever
06-08-2006, 10:56 PM
that would be hilarious if he bought the royals...where do you start though. the joke of an owner they have now has set that team back for a while.

he would start like he did with the Mavs. Upgrading the locker rooms and other facilities. Making travel easier adding comfort to the road. Spending more money and caring about the team and its players. All this makes free agents and others WANT to play here. We would still have Beltran and maybe a few others if Cuban was the owner. But, Go Heat!

58-4ever
06-08-2006, 10:58 PM
NOOO

THERE ARE NO NBA FINALS
SUNS LOST END OF NBA
sticks fingers in ears

good luck mavs

the Suns will never win it all with that kind of basketball. Even when they have a big lead they jack up bad shots with 18 seconds left on the shot clock.

Miles
06-08-2006, 10:58 PM
NOOO

THERE ARE NO NBA FINALS
SUNS LOST END OF NBA
sticks fingers in ears

good luck mavs

The Suns achieved far beyond what was expected of them without Amare. Pretty impressive that they made it that far.

Basileus777
06-08-2006, 10:59 PM
Dallas is too much for Miami to handle. Only Terry shows up on offense and they still win by 10, and Dirk and Howard won't play that poorly for the entire series. Dallas will win in 5 or 6. If Miami doesn't win game 2 they are done. Winning three strait home games would be too much.

And whats with Wade and his turnovers? Its ridiculous how often he gives the ball away. Him and Walker are turnover machines.

Halfcan
06-08-2006, 11:05 PM
he may be a dick, but that's the kind of guy you want running your team....you would think after all this time in the league shaq would have improved a little on those free throws.

Shaq will never be considered one of the best ever with that FT shooting-I coach kids that do better. Its a mental block, plus absolutly horrible form.

Basileus777
06-08-2006, 11:08 PM
Shaq will never be considered one of the best ever with that FT shooting-I coach kids that do better. Its a mental block, plus absolutly horrible form.

Shaq already is considered one of the best ever. He has three rings and was so dominant. His FT shooting is a joke, but it hardly tarnishes his legacy. It is obvious that he doesn't work on his FT shooting though.

Tribal Warfare
06-09-2006, 01:03 AM

I have disagree,because Wilt had an even worse FT% than Shaq

Rausch
06-09-2006, 01:06 AM
Pretty solid game so far and about to hit the 4th quarter.
:ZZZ:

Moooo
06-09-2006, 01:13 AM
I have disagree,because Wilt had an even worse FT% than Shaq

There are always haters of the greats. Some will say he doesn't deserve it cause he can't shoot free throws, some will say its because he had no competition at his position.

The truth is he earned three rings, and is a monster of the paint. He's put up the points, rebounds and is probably one of the best dishing centers ever. I mean, it's not very often you see a guy of his size find the open man and get it to him as well as O'neal does once the D has shifted to his having the ball. Yet, you rarely hear people comment on this side of him.

He's truely one of the great players of all time in the NBA, hands down.

Moooo

Psyko Tek
06-09-2006, 01:20 AM
the Suns will never win it all with that kind of basketball. Even when they have a big lead they jack up bad shots with 18 seconds left on the shot clock.

ouuuhh

cold man
kick to the balls when I'm down

wait'll next year
we'll almost make it again and be one hell of a fun ride

Miles
06-09-2006, 01:21 AM
I mean, it's not very often you see a guy of his size find the open man and get it to him as well as O'neal does once the D has shifted to his having the ball. Yet, you rarely hear people comment on this side of him.

Shaq's passing skills out of the paint are really not all that great at all. He has inproved in that area over his career and is better than most of the half assed centers in the league right now.

Moooo
06-09-2006, 01:39 AM
Shaq's passing skills out of the paint are really not all that great at all. He has inproved in that area over his career and is better than most of the half assed centers in the league right now.

Exactly, he works the game better than most centers, in cobination with his size that equals a good player.

I don't understand how so many people can get upset over him saying he's only good because of his size... UH SO!?! It's basketball, and I don't see very many 5'8" (note I said many) guys in the NBA. There's nothing wrong with having your size be a reason (or even 90% of the reason) you're so good.

Moooo

06-09-2006, 01:43 AM
Exactly, he works the game better than most centers, in cobination with his size that equals a good player.

I don't understand how so many people can get upset over him saying he's only good because of his size... UH SO!?! It's basketball, and I don't see very many 5'8" (note I said many) guys in the NBA. There's nothing wrong with having your size be a reason (or even 90% of the reason) you're so good.

Moooo

The only thing I don't like about Shaq is the fact he hardly ever gets called for charges. You can stand there upright, he will run you over to get to the basket and the foul is on you? He runs people over like a mack truck and the foul is on the other guy. Hell, they ought to at least make it a no-call when he runs you over. You already paid the price.

Moooo
06-09-2006, 01:53 AM
The only thing I don't like about Shaq is the fact he hardly ever gets called for charges. You can stand there upright, he will run you over to get to the basket and the foul is on you? He runs people over like a mack truck and the foul is on the other guy. Hell, they ought to at least make it a no-call when he runs you over. You already paid the price.

Well, I see this as a problem in the NBA in general, its not his fault he uses the refs to his advantage. This is why I don't watch the NBA, that and the constant travelling...

Moooo, who is a College Basketball fan.

06-09-2006, 01:55 AM
Well, I see this as a problem in the NBA in general, its not his fault he uses the refs to his advantage. This is why I don't watch the NBA, that and the constant travelling...

Agreed. I gave up on the NBA a long time ago. Really no team aspect to it at all. I don't fault him for using the officials. I fault the officials for allowing it to happen.

College hoops are by far the most fun to watch anyway.

Miles
06-09-2006, 01:58 AM

As if there is no heavy contact in college ball. I think it is often mistaken for tough defense at that level.

Moooo
06-09-2006, 02:03 AM
As if there is no heavy contact in college ball. I think it is often mistaken for tough defense at that level.

I understand that, but its not as much on who is doing it. The contact is allowed and even though someone like the Tarheels will get less calls on them than someone who isn't a perrenial favorite, there's not the, "Oh that's just (fill in name here)."

Contact is a part of BBall, but favortism isn't.

Moooo

06-09-2006, 02:05 AM
I understand that, but its not as much on who is doing it. The contact is allowed and even though someone like the Tarheels will get less calls on them than someone who isn't a perrenial favorite, there's not the, "Oh that's just (fill in name here)."

Contact is a part of BBall, but favortism isn't.

Moooo

Actually, I would use Duke in that analogy.

Demonpenz
06-09-2006, 02:05 AM
the traveling and carrying is bad in college too.

Moooo
06-09-2006, 02:06 AM
Actually, I would use Duke in that analogy.

Yeah, them too. There's about 10 or so at the top that get the favortism, but even that goes away when you get them together during March Madness.

I still think that's part of the reason Duke hasn't been crushing others in March like they do in the regular season. When March Madness rolls around all that, "but they're duke!" crap goes away and every team has a shot.

Moooo

Moooo
06-09-2006, 02:07 AM
the traveling and carrying is bad in college too.

Yeah, but not as bad. It's the lesser of the two evils, IMO.

Moooo

06-09-2006, 02:11 AM
Yeah, them too. There's about 10 or so at the top that get the favortism, but even that goes away when you get them together during March Madness.

I still think that's part of the reason Duke hasn't been crushing others in March like they do in the regular season. When March Madness rolls around all that, "but they're duke!" crap goes away and every team has a shot.

Moooo

I just love it when they lose. Almost as much as when Misery loses.

Miles
06-09-2006, 02:13 AM

Moooo

It usually either of tham are associated with calls going there way. Proablt Duke the most. As bad as some may say NBA officiating is, college ball is even more of a joke.

Moooo
06-09-2006, 02:17 AM
It usually either of tham are associated with calls going there way. Proablt Duke the most. As bad as some may say NBA officiating is, college ball is even more of a joke.

I think it clears up in March. Then again, that's what opinions are for, right?

It is obvious the actual officials will be better in the NBA, just for the sole purpose that they are at a higher level and (should, I don't know for a fact) get paid more.

Moooo

06-09-2006, 02:20 AM
I think it clears up in March. Then again, that's what opinions are for, right?

It is obvious the actual officials will be better in the NBA, just for the sole purpose that they are at a higher level and (should, I don't know for a fact) get paid more.

Moooo

Hey, Moooo, why did you turn off your rep? Did someone neg rep you to death or did you just decide you didn't want it?

Moooo
06-09-2006, 02:21 AM
Hey, Moooo, why did you turn off your rep? Did someone neg rep you to death or did you just decide you didn't want it?

? I just signed up. I haven't done anything to it to make it that way.

Moooo

06-09-2006, 02:23 AM
? I just signed up. I haven't done anything to it to make it that way.

Moooo

could have sworn it was on last night. Oh well, wouldn't be the first time I was wrong. :banghead:

Miles
06-09-2006, 02:28 AM
Found some nice highlights from a while back. Pure center at work.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hW4uXlRGAF0&search=Olajuwon%20

Moooo
06-09-2006, 02:38 AM
Dream is my favorite player of all time! That's when I loved the NBA. When Jordan was in baseball, and it was the dominating centers like Ewing, Robinson, Dream... AAAHHH!

Him and Reggie were it. I remember being sealed on reggie when he busted like 9 on the Knicks in 18 seconds to win that playoff game. That was it for me.

That, and, was it Kenny Smith who put up like 6-threes in the third quarter of the finals the same year of this clip?

Moooo

DaKCMan AP
06-09-2006, 05:27 AM
Congrats Dallas.

You won game 1 at home, like you're supposed to. Watch out for Miami in game 2. They got away from driving to the basket after the 1st quarter and started settling for quick jumpshots. I don't see this being a short series.

Wade only shot 44% after shooting over 60 last series.
Walker only shot 37% and as a team they only shot 37% from the line, which is pathetic in both the percentage and that they only got to the line 19 times.
Look out for Miami in game 2.

Hammock Parties
06-09-2006, 05:31 AM
Look out for Miami in game 2.

Look out for Josh Howard and Dirk Nowitzki, because they played like shit last night. And Dallas still won.

DaKCMan AP
06-09-2006, 06:30 AM
Look out for Josh Howard and Dirk Nowitzki, because they played like shit last night. And Dallas still won.

I'm sure Haslem had nothing to do with Dirk's poor shooting.

Mile High Mania
06-09-2006, 06:42 AM
I don't think Haslem is going to shut down Dirk consistently in the series. Dirk will throw a bad game out there every once and a while... he's just done in twice in a week.

This was good for Dallas... they played like crap for the most part and still won. Plenty for Avery to hammer away with until Sunday.

Wade is amazing though.

DaKCMan AP
06-09-2006, 06:48 AM
I don't think Haslem is going to shut down Dirk consistently in the series. Dirk will throw a bad game out there every once and a while... he's just done in twice in a week.

This was good for Dallas... they played like crap for the most part and still won. Plenty for Avery to hammer away with until Sunday.

Wade is amazing though.

Oh, absolutely not. Dirk is a great player and will get his. However, last night Haslem was all over him and played excellent defense. Most of Dirk's scoring came when Haslem had to go out because of foul coverage and Posey picked up Dirk on D.

CupidStunt
06-09-2006, 10:01 AM

Right. And Miami played their best game of the year, yes?

Shut the F up (for once).

Basileus777
06-09-2006, 10:05 AM
I'm sure Haslem had nothing to do with Dirk's poor shooting.

Dirk shot poorly even when Haslem was on the bench because of his foul trouble.

DaKCMan AP
06-09-2006, 10:09 AM
Dirk shot poorly even when Haslem was on the bench because of his foul trouble.

He shot 2/8 against Haslem and 2/6 against whoever else.

When Dirk has the 2 3's in a row...Haslem was on the bench.

BIG_DADDY
06-09-2006, 10:33 AM

He says Kobe sucks too. I put his opinion right up there with Gunther Fans.

Lzen
06-09-2006, 11:58 AM

I've been complaining about that for a long time now. I actually think Shaq is an alright guy. He can be kinda funny at times. However, the refs seem to allow him and superstar players in general to get away with more. That's why you tend to see travelling not called a lot of times. Or touch fouls.

I still like to watch the NBA. Or at least the playoffs. The regular season is way too long, though. They should cut it in half to about 40 games. Those that say there is no team game have not watched some teams like the Mavs. I'm pulling for Dallas to win this series. They are exciting to watch. They play great team defense and offense.

They say the playoffs are all about adjustments. It'll be very interesting to see what adjustments are made by both teams for game 2. Avery Johnson has really impressed me as a head coach. He makes terrific adjustments and really knows how to get his team motivated.

Lzen
06-09-2006, 12:04 PM

Dude, that's just not right. Why is it that you feel you must be a jackass just because GC stated his opinion? :shake:

bkkcoh
06-09-2006, 12:05 PM
I've been complaining about that for a long time now. I actually think Shaq is an alright guy. He can be kinda funny at times. However, the refs seem to allow him and superstar players in general to get away with more. That's why you tend to see travelling not called a lot of times. Or touch fouls. ...

And superstars never get the calls in other sports either... It is sad, but understandable why the superstars get the calls, regardless of the sport.

How many times did you ever see tony Gwyn [sp], George Brett or Wade Boggs get called out looking at strike 3?????

Lzen
06-09-2006, 12:11 PM
And superstars never get the calls in other sports either... It is sad, but understandable why the superstars get the calls, regardless of the sport.

How many times did you ever see tony Gwyn [sp], George Brett or Wade Boggs get called out looking at strike 3?????

Well, I'm not really a baseball fan. So, that analogy doesn't mean a whole lot to me. If you had said "remember when the Chiefs played Dallas on Thanksgiving Day in 1995 and Michael Irvin pushed off Dale Carter and scored a TD and didn't get called for offensive intereference?", it would've hammered the point home a little better. But I do understand your point.

It just seems to be more prevalent or noticeable in the NBA. Especially with a guy like Shaq. He bulls over people and rarely gets called for it. Then the guy defending him pushes back a little and all of a sudden it's a foul on the defender. That's BS, IMO. Thank goodness Shaq can't hit the broad side of a barn when it comes to free throws.

DaKCMan AP
06-09-2006, 12:36 PM
Well, I'm not really a baseball fan. So, that analogy doesn't mean a whole lot to me. If you had said "remember when the Chiefs played Dallas on Thanksgiving Day in 1995 and Michael Irvin pushed off Dale Carter and scored a TD and didn't get called for offensive intereference?", it would've hammered the point home a little better. But I do understand your point.

It just seems to be more prevalent or noticeable in the NBA. Especially with a guy like Shaq. He bulls over people and rarely gets called for it. Then the guy defending him pushes back a little and all of a sudden it's a foul on the defender. That's BS, IMO. Thank goodness Shaq can't hit the broad side of a barn when it comes to free throws.

It does go both ways. In the Chicago and NJ series a lot of offensive fouls were called on Shaq. As many times as he "bulls" people over, players flop. He made adjustments in the Detroit series instead of overpowering he did more moves (fakes, spins, etc.).

Chiefs Pantalones
06-09-2006, 10:18 PM
I want Miami to win, but I think Dallas' bench will be the ultimate decider.

Dallas' bench is what I looked at coming into this series and you could definitely see after the game that whichever team's bench is more efficient, that team wins. IIRC, Dallas' bench had like 20 points, to only 2 or 4 points for Miami's bench. The only way Miami wins this series is if...

1. They get consistent help from the role players/bench.

or...

2. Shaq and Wade play out of this world.

Halfcan
06-09-2006, 10:23 PM
If I was as big as Shaq, I would be a monster in the paint too-plus I can shoot the hell out of freethrows.

Freethrow shooting is going to doom the Heat.

Hammock Parties
06-09-2006, 10:37 PM
He says Kobe sucks too. I put his opinion right up there with Gunther Fans.

Pretty sure I never said Kobe sucks, only that he's overrated. Just like D-Wade.

ARROW2
06-09-2006, 10:47 PM
Pretty sure I never said Kobe sucks, only that he's overrated. Just like D-Wade.

If they are, who isn't?

Halfcan
06-09-2006, 10:48 PM
D-wade overrated-are you drunk? His first step to the bucket is the best in the league except Kobe's. The guy has a killer outside jumper too.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-09-2006, 10:49 PM
I've always thought about that, Halfcan.

Why is the freethrow shooting so poor these days? Particularly...Shaq and Ben Wallace. Any player could get better if they wanted to, but yet they don't. Shaq is dominant when he wants to be, I think he's quite overrated actually, because of just that...when he WANTS to be. That, and he chooses not to improve on his game just because he's a big guy, I think. If he hit his free throws and tried more often, he'd be thought of more highly in my book. It's too late in his career to change now. At least he thinks so. Now I like Shaq, he seems to be a good guy, but he's overrated as a player.

Hammock Parties
06-09-2006, 11:14 PM
The guy has a killer outside jumper too.

ROFL

Chiefs Pantalones
06-09-2006, 11:31 PM
Yeah, I don't know about the killer outside jumper. He's more of a slasher and a streaky shooter, he's improved on his jumper quite a bit though since his Marquette days. He's a good player, IMO. He's got a ways to go, and he knows that.

BWillie
06-09-2006, 11:35 PM
D-wade overrated-are you drunk? His first step to the bucket is the best in the league except Kobe's. The guy has a killer outside jumper too.

Ya, I agree with the others Wade has a suspect jumper outside 20 feet and he can't hit the 3 to save his life. He shot 17% from 3 point land this year and only canned 13 threes. If he could somehow become a good 3 point threat he would be unbelieveable.

Halfcan
06-09-2006, 11:38 PM
Wade has a great jumpshot-he falls back making it hard to defend. He has been hitting about everything he is shooting in the playoffs.

Halfcan
06-09-2006, 11:43 PM
I've always thought about that, Halfcan.

Why is the freethrow shooting so poor these days? Particularly...Shaq and Ben Wallace. Any player could get better if they wanted to, but yet they don't. Shaq is dominant when he wants to be, I think he's quite overrated actually, because of just that...when he WANTS to be. That, and he chooses not to improve on his game just because he's a big guy, I think. If he hit his free throws and tried more often, he'd be thought of more highly in my book. It's too late in his career to change now. At least he thinks so. Now I like Shaq, he seems to be a good guy, but he's overrated as a player.

I coached B-ball for 6 years. FT's are easy-noone is defending you-just stand and shoot.

Shaq has always been tall so never worked on his shooting ability-now he just doesn't even try. He stutter double pumps it, while pushing the ball, with both hands. No follow through, and does not look at what he is shooting at.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-11-2006, 06:46 PM
Game 2 coming up pretty soon.

Who wins this one?

Moooo
06-11-2006, 06:46 PM
Game 2 coming up pretty soon.

Who wins this one?

Mavs. Both teams will be better, but I also think being at home will give Dallas the push.

Moooo

Mr. Kotter
06-11-2006, 07:34 PM
Mavs 13, Heat 7....

Shaq and Wade better pick it up, if they are to have a prayer.

Basileus777
06-11-2006, 07:59 PM
The Heat need to win this game or they are done. They would have to win all three home games to stay in it, and I don't see that happening.

Mr. Kotter
06-11-2006, 08:15 PM
The Heat need to win this game or they are done. They would have to win all three home games to stay in it, and I don't see that happening.

If they lose tonight, get out the broom....Miami will be lucky to take it to five.

If they win tonight, it's entirely different series. They get confidence. They could sweep the Mavs in Miami; and force a game seven. :hmmm:

Mecca
06-11-2006, 08:17 PM
Dallas is to fast for the Heat....

Hammock Parties
06-11-2006, 08:23 PM
What a shot by Jerry Stackhouse.

Mr. Kotter
06-11-2006, 08:24 PM
What a shot by Jerry Stackhouse.
No kidding. Two three's....And-One......Mavs by 16. The look on Reilly's face says it all.....DAMN! :shake:

The Heat are toast....

Hammock Parties
06-11-2006, 08:25 PM
Wow. And ANOTHER amazing shot.

Basileus777
06-11-2006, 08:26 PM
Wow...Stackhouse is on fire.

chiefs4me
06-11-2006, 08:37 PM
Has Stackhouse got the touch tonight or what..PBJ

Go Mavs!!!

Mr. Kotter
06-11-2006, 08:38 PM
Has Stackhouse got the touch tonight or what..PBJ

Go Mavs!!!

He's been awesome....what people expected when he came INTO the league.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-11-2006, 08:43 PM
This game is over. Probably the series, too.

Just as I said before, the Mavs are too athletic and are way too deep, starters and on the bench. It's just Shaq and Wade for the Heat.

Mr. Kotter
06-11-2006, 08:45 PM
This game is over. Probably the series, too.

Just as I said before, the Mavs are too athletic and are way too deep, starters and on the bench. It's just Shaq and Wade for the Heat.

Miami will be lucky to win one game, unless Shaq comes up big back in FL.

chiefs4me
06-11-2006, 08:50 PM
58-40............:D

Mr. Kotter
06-11-2006, 08:51 PM
58-40............:D

Wow.

Mecca
06-11-2006, 08:55 PM
The Heat are to old and to slow......ask Shaq, Gary Payton and Antoine Walker.

Mr. Kotter
06-11-2006, 08:56 PM
The Heat are to old and to slow......ask Shaq, Gary Payton and Antoine Walker.

Pretty much.

Basileus777
06-11-2006, 08:58 PM
The Heat need to take out Jason Williams and play Payton. Williams sucks, is shooting terribly, turns the ball over, and can't play defense.

BWillie
06-11-2006, 09:04 PM
Mavs are just too quick for 'em. I've said all along Mav's in six...the way the Mavs are playing it could be Mav's in 4. Dallas just has too many weapons and plays tenacious defense.

Hammock Parties
06-11-2006, 09:07 PM
The Heat need to take out Jason Williams and play Payton. Williams sucks, is shooting terribly, turns the ball over, and can't play defense.

Payton can only play 20 minutes a game. He's too old.

chiefs4me
06-11-2006, 09:07 PM
oh my...I think Riley's face is gonna burst..ROFL

Basileus777
06-11-2006, 09:39 PM
I am going to come out and say it, the heat are a better team when Alonzo Mourning is on the floor. At least tonight.

BWillie
06-11-2006, 09:58 PM
If the Heat would play Wayne Simien they'd have this thing locked up by now. Would of went 70-2 regular season..and all sweeps in the playoffs. I don't know what Riley is thinking playing this Mourning and O'Neal guy ahead of him. What a putz

Chiefs Pantalones
06-11-2006, 10:12 PM
That was a crappy game.

Hopefully the Heat can at least make it an interesting series and win both of their home games. But as of right now, it's not looking good, but a lot can change, but I'll surprised if it does.

Basileus777
06-11-2006, 10:13 PM
That was a crappy game.

Hopefully the Heat can at least make it an interesting series and win both of their home games. But as of right now, it's not looking good, but a lot can change, but I'll surprised if it does.

The format of the finals means Miami is screwed unless they win all three of their next games at home, cause they will have to go into Dallas and win the last two.

I don't see either of those unlikely events happening.

Mecca
06-11-2006, 10:15 PM
The Mavs are just to well rounded, they can play enough fast break high scoring offense with enough defense to be great. It's good to see a team like Dallas that plays enough offense to beat the Suns but plays enough defense to win. They are right where teams should be an exciting team that doesn't get extremely boring like Detroit or San Antonio but plays enough defense to win.

Hammock Parties
06-11-2006, 10:17 PM
Shaq should retire.

Pitt Gorilla
06-11-2006, 10:19 PM
The Mavs are playing D! How great is that? The General is pushing all the right buttons.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-11-2006, 10:26 PM
Shaq should retire.

He's getting there. The signs are there. He's been quite inconsistent in the playoffs, a good game here, a bad game there. He's not dominant, like the talking-heads keep saying with their noses firmly up Shaq's butt, like he used to be. He's a liability, especially when he goes 1-7 at the free throw line. I was literally laughing out loud when I saw him shoot those. HOW CAN A PROFESSIONAL BASKETBALL PLAYER BE THAT BAD AT FREE THROWS?!?!? ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Basileus777
06-11-2006, 10:34 PM
You can see how far Shaq has decline when you compare this series with the dallas-san antonio one. Dallas had no answer for Duncan and managed to put up 30 a game. Shaq is being defended by the same players and look what happens.

Hammock Parties
06-11-2006, 10:35 PM
Shaq poses for the camera while Devin Harris scores:

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/7599/shaq1ql.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Logical
06-11-2006, 10:36 PM
I would be happy with either team winning. I like the maverick owner who desparately want to win and only wish he owned the Chiefs. I like Riley, Shaq, Wade and the young Heat team that is growing fast. It is a nice final for the NBA

Boyceofsummer
06-11-2006, 10:40 PM
in the old days that the series went 2-2-1-1-1. I guess they wanted to be like baseball. 2-3-2 and possibly eliminate some travel.

Mecca
06-11-2006, 10:42 PM
I would be happy with either team winning. I like the maverick owner who desparately want to win and only wish he owned the Chiefs. I like Riley, Shaq, Wade and the young Heat team that is growing fast. It is a nice final for the NBA

Explain to me how the Heat team is young..........that team is old.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-11-2006, 10:44 PM
Is this a 2-3-2 series? I didn't know that. I could see the Heat winning all three games at home, but that's still not going to cut it.

Hammock Parties
06-11-2006, 10:46 PM
Gay Mavs?

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/9343/gaymavs4dg4ub.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Gay Dirk?

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/9359/gaydirk7um4ia.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Basileus777
06-11-2006, 10:46 PM
in the old days that the series went 2-2-1-1-1. I guess they wanted to be like baseball. 2-3-2 and possibly eliminate some travel.

It's done that way for the media as well. It prevents all those media personel from having to travel so many times.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-11-2006, 10:47 PM
Explain to me how the Heat team is young..........that team is old.

Explain to me why Riley signed Payton, Walker, and Williams. That's gonna get it done in the East, but not against the West. They need better shooters, and athletes (I guess I could've saved some space and just typed "better players").

Mecca
06-11-2006, 10:51 PM
Explain to me why Riley signed Payton, Walker, and Williams. That's gonna get it done in the East, but not against the West. They need better shooters, and athletes (I guess I could've saved some space and just typed "better players").

I'll say because he probably assumed he had to get as much help as he could right now because Shaq's days are obviously numbered.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-11-2006, 10:51 PM
Gay Mavs?

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/9343/gaymavs4dg4ub.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Gay Dirk?

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/9359/gaydirk7um4ia.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

ROFL

Don't forget Gay fans. They seem to be cheering the head that Stack is giving.

Logical
06-11-2006, 11:01 PM
Explain to me how the Heat team is young..........that team is old.They have a good nucleus of young players for the future

Kapono
Hasiem
Wade
Simien

with a mix of mid range 7,8 year vets

and then the really experienced vets like Shaq, Mourning and Payton

I understand your point I was talking about they have good fondation for the future.

Mecca
06-11-2006, 11:04 PM
Well considering Kapono and Simien never see the floor.....and I think Kapono has been in the league 4-5 years. Might aswell add Dorrel Wright to that too although he never plays either.

Pitt Gorilla
06-11-2006, 11:24 PM
I would be happy with either team winning. I like the maverick owner who desparately want to win and only wish he owned the Chiefs. I like Riley, Shaq, Wade and the young Heat team that is growing fast. It is a nice final for the NBACouldn't agree more. Of course, I've liked both teams since the late 80's.

DaKCMan AP
06-12-2006, 05:19 AM
Well considering Kapono and Simien never see the floor.....and I think Kapono has been in the league 4-5 years. Might aswell add Dorrel Wright to that too although he never plays either.

This is Kapono's 3rd year. You can also add Earl Barron to the list of young players who don't play.

CupidStunt
06-12-2006, 05:31 AM
Shaq isn't washed up or close to it. He just didn't get fed the ball -- not NEAR enough last night.

I would be surprised more if Mavericks won game 3 than if the Heat dominated the game and won by double-digits. The only problem with that is that it assumes Riley will be smart enough to get the ball into Shaq at LEAST 12 times.

Heat won't win a game if Shaq averages 5 fga per game.

Mile High Mania
06-12-2006, 08:31 AM
The Mavs are putting good pressure on Shaq and those around Shaq are failing to show why they are playing at the NBA level.

Dallas is just too deep, young and more motivated than Miami appears to be. Miami has to win 4 of 5 to take the title and after the first 2 games, I just don't see it happening.

Anything could happen if Miami can find a way to win the next 2, but ... I just don't see it. I think Dallas steals game 3 by 4 points in a close game.

I said Mavs in 6, but it may be only 5.

Lzen
06-12-2006, 11:54 AM

The playoffs are 2-2-1-1-1. The Finals, however, are 2-3-2. Not sure why they do that. Another intersting fact is that it wasn't that many years ago that they used to play best of 5 games in the first round of the playoffs.

Lzen
06-12-2006, 11:56 AM
I think the Heat will play much better at home. They will probably win at least one, maybe two of their games in Miami. However, Dallas can play well on the road and I definitely think they'll win at least one down in South Beach. It's possilbe that Dallas could end up celebrating a title in Miami.

DaKCMan AP
06-12-2006, 11:58 AM
I think the Heat will play much better at home. They will probably win at least one, maybe two of their games in Miami. However, Dallas can play well on the road and I definitely think they'll win at least one down in South Beach. It's possilbe that Dallas could end up celebrating a title in Miami.

I think Miami will win at least 2 at home.

But that wont be enough to overcome the deficit :(

DaKCMan AP
06-13-2006, 08:01 PM
Heat playing very well but the refs doing their best to keep Dallas in it. A lot of BS calls thus far. Disappointing..

chiefs4me
06-13-2006, 09:08 PM
Hot Damn, I think the Mavs came to win tonight!!:D

DaKCMan AP
06-13-2006, 09:15 PM
I still think Miami wins tonight.

Funny how you weren't around the first half.. ;)

Mecca
06-13-2006, 09:23 PM
I don't think Miami has the youth or the speed to stay with Dallas for a whole game.

Basileus777
06-13-2006, 09:23 PM
And so Miami has their 3rd quarter collapse. Goodbye Heat.

I seriously think Pat Riley is really getting outcoached by Avery Johnson. After witnessing the third consecutive third quarter rout from the mavs on the heat, i think there is little doubt that avery johnson really did something with his team during the intermission period.

It seems to me Avery Johnson motivates his player far better than riley does. This is quickly turning into a sweep, Dallas simply wants this champioship more than the Heat. Miami is just sloppy, they are missing too many free throws and having way too many turnivers.

On a side not: Dampier is actually outplaying shaq too, guess these remarks really got to him.

Basileus777
06-13-2006, 09:24 PM
I don't think Miami has the youth or the speed to stay with Dallas for a whole game.

Nor do they have the depth. All those young fast Dallas players are well rested. The depth of the mavs has been key for them throughout the playoffs.

NJ Chief Fan
06-13-2006, 09:34 PM
STICK A FORK IN EM! 12 point lead with about 9 to go

BYE BYE RENT A COP N FLOP

Mecca
06-13-2006, 09:41 PM
This just shows again.......Most of the teams in the west are better than the teams in the east.

Halfcan
06-13-2006, 09:42 PM
Miami has just played STOOPID! Can't hit freethrows, turnovers, Tech Fouls, bad passes, bad defense.

Mavs sweep.

Miles
06-13-2006, 09:45 PM
Lead cut to 5. Starting to get interesting.

noa
06-13-2006, 09:50 PM
I hope they tie it up. Make the last three minutes interesting.

NJ Chief Fan
06-13-2006, 09:54 PM
wheres the push in the back foul WTF

Mecca
06-13-2006, 09:55 PM
Jason Terry did the smart thing there......I wonder if Miami is blowing their load to let it slip away at the end.

Basileus777
06-13-2006, 09:55 PM
Heat are getting away with murder on the perimeter.

Mecca
06-13-2006, 09:56 PM
Miami basically got back in the game by beating the crap out of the Dallas players........that's always fair.

chiefs4me
06-13-2006, 09:57 PM
I still think Miami wins tonight.

Funny how you weren't around the first half.. ;)

Yea, isin't that a bitch, my sons baseball game got in the way.....:rolleyes:

I was also watching the game instead of posting, who would of thought..:rolleyes:

Basileus777
Miami basically got back in the game by beating the crap out of the Dallas players........that's always fair.

The Heat getting dominated isn't good for the NBA's ratings.

Halfcan
wheres the push in the back foul WTF

That was a horrible call-are these the Chiefs Refs of 2005?

Halfcan
06-13-2006, 09:59 PM
Miami has just played STOOPID! Can't hit freethrows, turnovers, Tech Fouls, bad passes, bad defense.

Mavs sweep.

Soon as I hit send on this post-Miami comes back. What a Jinx I have on teams.

Mecca
06-13-2006, 09:59 PM
Wow they called a cheap foul on Dallas after not calling anything on MIami.......

Miles
06-13-2006, 10:00 PM

They have been allowing a lot of contact from both teams this quarter.

Miles
06-13-2006, 10:01 PM
Great drive by Harris there.

tk13
06-13-2006, 10:01 PM
Clutch shot by the glove.

Miles
06-13-2006, 10:04 PM
Wow Dirk missed one. Heat will win.

Miles
06-13-2006, 10:06 PM
Never mind, Mavs will have time to get one off quick.

DaKCMan AP
06-13-2006, 10:07 PM
All you doubters and haters can eat shit.

Heat win.

:)

PBJ

tk13
06-13-2006, 10:07 PM
How on earth do you not let Dirk take that final shot? You wouldn't see Larry Bird throwing an out of bounds pass with 1 second left.

Mecca
06-13-2006, 10:08 PM
I think Dallas got jobbed a bit in that one......like was said before it's not good for the league for Miami to lose 4-0.

Basileus777
06-13-2006, 10:08 PM
Hasselhoff failed Dirk.

Basileus777
06-13-2006, 10:11 PM
How on earth do you not let Dirk take that final shot? You wouldn't see Larry Bird throwing an out of bounds pass with 1 second left.

For the play they ran it made sense...best inbounds passer for that kind of designed play. That said, lobs off of inbounds NEVER work. Stupid play call. Stackhouse was wide open on the sideline for three.

DaKCMan AP
06-13-2006, 10:12 PM
I think Dallas got jobbed a bit in that one......like was said before it's not good for the league for Miami to lose 4-0.

bullshit. THere were bad calls on both sides. When Miami was clicking in the 1st quarter and early 2nd, Dallas got a lot of calls (the tech. on Wade for hanging on the basket, but no tech call on Damp, Shaq's 2nd foul call on Dirk when he didn't even touch him combined with Payton's tech. while dirk was on the line during that same shit call, etc.)

The calls went both ways. The refs helped keep Dallas in it in the beginning and some calls helped Miami with the comeback.

chiefs4me
06-13-2006, 10:12 PM

and of course we want to win the trophy at home...what fun would it be winning in miami...:)

NJ Chief Fan
06-13-2006, 10:14 PM
miami got away with murder...its obvious that miami doesnt belong here with dallas

tk13
06-13-2006, 10:14 PM
For the play they ran it made sense...best inbounds passer for that kind of designed play. That said, lobs off of inbounds NEVER work. Stupid play call. Stackhouse was wide open on the sideline for three.
Yeah I didn't like that playcall either, too easy to read. Dirk was too meek there. There is no way on earth Bird, Jordan, Reggie, etc. would let a coach draw up a play to give somebody else the ball to decide an NBA finals game. This is the finals, man. Not practice... we're talking about the finals. :)

I don't care if he throws up a 20 foot fadeaway jumper, he's your best shooter and star player, he has to take that shot. Tried to get too cute.

DaKCMan AP
06-13-2006, 10:15 PM
miami got away with murder...its obvious that miami doesnt belong here with dallas

bitter ROFL

Hammock Parties
06-13-2006, 10:15 PM
Mavs now 1-9 when Crawford is part of the officiating crew.

DaKCMan AP
06-13-2006, 10:18 PM
Shaq hits 2 free throws in the clutch.

Haslem hits 2 free throws after missing every jump shot and going 0-4 at the line.

Payton makes a shot with 1sec left on the shotclock.

Dirk misses a free throw to tie the game.

...but it's all the refs fault :rolleyes:

tk13
06-13-2006, 10:19 PM
They definitely let them play in the final minutes, but I've seen far worse screw jobs in the NBA. At least both teams had several legitimate chances in the final minute to win, the Heat took advantage of those.

Hammock Parties
06-13-2006, 10:31 PM
This series is still over. Wade is the only one on the Heat doing anything, and he's not going to go for 40 points every night.

ArrowheadHawk
06-13-2006, 10:40 PM
go heat, go heat turn that momentum

Chiefs Pantalones
06-13-2006, 10:57 PM
Wow, the Heat looked dead in the water with 6 minutes left. I wondered after the game, "How did the Heat come back to win this game?" The only answer I could think of was Wade. The rest of the team, with 6 minutes left (including Shaq), looked like they were ready to accept defeat. Wade took over.

This series is still the Mavs. The pressure is still on the Heat. They have to win the rest of their home games, and one at Dallas. That's a tall order. And if they do it, much respect to them.

Mecca
06-13-2006, 11:19 PM
bitter ROFL

I don't think anyones bitter......the Mavs still lead the series and realistically only need to win 1 game in Miami.

PunkinDrublic
06-13-2006, 11:30 PM
I'm glad the Mavs lost tonight. I gotta work Thursday night and I want to be out at a bar when the Mavs take the title.

PunkinDrublic
06-13-2006, 11:36 PM
Shaq hits 2 free throws in the clutch.

Haslem hits 2 free throws after missing every jump shot and going 0-4 at the line.

Payton makes a shot with 1sec left on the shotclock.

Dirk misses a free throw to tie the game.

...but it's all the refs fault :rolleyes:

You barely beat the Mavs tonight at your homecourt. The Mavs beat the Heat pretty handily in games 1 and 2. I respect you guys for fighting it out while your backs are against the wall but aside from Shaq and Wade, the Heat are way overmatched.

If it makes you feel any better I'll post up some pics from our championship victory parade.

CirclingWagons
06-13-2006, 11:41 PM
yeah...blaming the refs for blowing a 13 point lead is about the funniest thing i've ever heard. It takes more than officials to pull off that chokejob

PunkinDrublic
06-13-2006, 11:53 PM
yeah...blaming the refs for blowing a 13 point lead is about the funniest thing i've ever heard. It takes more than officials to pull off that chokejob

I wouldn't say it was a chokejob you guys gutted out a win and deserve some props. Normally I'd be pissed but I knew the Heat weren't going to get swept. Congratulations on delaying the inevitable but the Mavs are gonna take the series.

CirclingWagons
06-14-2006, 01:26 AM
I wouldn't say it was a chokejob you guys gutted out a win and deserve some props. Normally I'd be pissed but I knew the Heat weren't going to get swept. Congratulations on delaying the inevitable but the Mavs are gonna take the series.
I think the Mavs will win too...but in 7. Also, Erick Dampier won't have another game like that again, that's for sure. Shaq will wake up either game 4 or 5

BWillie
06-14-2006, 02:36 AM
Like I said all along. Mavs in six. If the Mavs win 1 of 3 in the Miami homestand they have done their job. I don't think you can say Dallas choked. They dominated them first two games and BARELY lost this one. Anybody else think it's weird that the NBA Finals is the only series that goes 2 games in a row at Dallas, then 3 at Miami, then 2 more at Dallas?

CirclingWagons
06-14-2006, 03:21 AM
Like I said all along. Mavs in six. If the Mavs win 1 of 3 in the Miami homestand they have done their job. I don't think you can say Dallas choked. They dominated them first two games and BARELY lost this one. Anybody else think it's weird that the NBA Finals is the only series that goes 2 games in a row at Dallas, then 3 at Miami, then 2 more at Dallas?
MLB uses the 2-3-2 format for the World Series

Hammock Parties
06-14-2006, 05:15 AM
Dan Crawford Strikes Again.

The moving screen call on Dirk with 3 minutes left was classic Crawford.

He's the NBA's secret weapon. It was a lock that he'd ref tonight.

6 minutes left: 8 fouls called on Dallas, 3 on Miami

You want to believe it was all Dallas' fault, they let up, they choked ... whatever. They were up by 11, Miami was then given a huge officiating advantage. This game should never have been close. It would not have been if someone else reffed it.

Crawford has been the referee in a Dallas playoff game 12 times. The only one we were able to win was the one where Dirk scored 22 in the fourth quarter. That's what it takes to beat Dan Crawford.

DAN CRAWFORD = RIGGED GAME

DaKCMan AP
06-14-2006, 05:23 AM
I don't think anyones bitter......the Mavs still lead the series and realistically only need to win 1 game in Miami.

Yes, that Pistons fan is bitter.

munkey
06-14-2006, 05:41 AM
Dan Crawford Strikes Again.

The moving screen call on Dirk with 3 minutes left was classic Crawford.

He's the NBA's secret weapon. It was a lock that he'd ref tonight.

6 minutes left: 8 fouls called on Dallas, 3 on Miami

You want to believe it was all Dallas' fault, they let up, they choked ... whatever. They were up by 11, Miami was then given a huge officiating advantage. This game should never have been close. It would not have been if someone else reffed it.

Crawford has been the referee in a Dallas playoff game 12 times. The only one we were able to win was the one where Dirk scored 22 in the fourth quarter. That's what it takes to beat Dan Crawford.

DAN CRAWFORD = RIGGED GAME

Dallas let this one get away.....

Miami will be lucky to win another game.

DaKCMan AP
06-14-2006, 06:31 AM
Dallas shot a higher percentage than they did in games 1 and 2.

Dirk and Josh had their best games of the series.

The Heat had 20 turnovers (and Dallas had 28 points off turnovers).

Erick Dampier had 14 pts.

The Heat only got 3 fg's from the bench.

And the Heat won.

I'm optimistic about game 4 ;)

Hammock Parties
06-14-2006, 06:46 AM
I'm optimistic about game 4 ;)

1. No Crawford

+

2. Wade won't score 40

=

3. Heat lose.

DaKCMan AP
06-14-2006, 06:52 AM
1. No Crawford

I wonder what your excuse will be then.

You sound just like a Pistons player/fan.

Lzen
06-14-2006, 07:32 AM
Nice comeback by the Heat. Wade was pretty incredible. But why is that guy always falling down? :shake: I think they got lucky and stole away the victory from Dallas. I don't think that will happen again. Don't count on Dirk missing clutch free throws again. His shot struggled last night and he missed 3 free throws (even though the stats don't show that one because of a lane violation). It won't happen again.

CirclingWagons
06-14-2006, 08:45 AM
Nice comeback by the Heat. Wade was pretty incredible. But why is that guy always falling down? :shake: I think they got lucky and stole away the victory from Dallas. I don't think that will happen again. Don't count on Dirk missing clutch free throws again. His shot struggled last night and he missed 3 free throws (even though the stats don't show that one because of a lane violation). It won't happen again.
Don't count on Erick Dampier having another game like that, coupled by the assumption that Shaq will finally turn it on over the next couple days. Miami's bench STILL has been lame, and you know they're due for AT LEAST one good game at home.

Once again, blaming the officials in any way for this loss is pretty shallow and shortsighted. Funny how Dallas didn't mention the officiating...and don't try and sell me the bs that they're "too classy" to bitch, cause that's a crock.

Mavs in 7

ArrowheadHawk
06-15-2006, 09:58 PM
heat are about to tie up the series, up by 22 with 2 1/2 minutes left

Simply Red
06-15-2006, 10:01 PM
Yes Miles, I'm watching. Still. Hope you're doing okay...

DaKCMan AP
06-15-2006, 10:04 PM
That was a fun game. :)

ArrowheadHawk
06-15-2006, 10:05 PM
final heat 98 mavs 74 series tied 2-2

DaKCMan AP
06-15-2006, 10:05 PM
1. No Crawford

+

2. Wade won't score 40

+

3. Go Chiefs predicts Mavs win

=

3. Heat win.

what's your excuse tonight?

Chiefs Pantalones
06-15-2006, 10:12 PM
Wow, I actually think we got ourselves a series now. But just like Hubie said, you never take one game too high or too low, because it could change just like that.

Miles
06-15-2006, 10:12 PM
There were a few decent pushes by Dallas to try to get back within reason but it got ugly down the stretch.

7pts in the 4th quarter. Ouch.

Glad this searies it tied up, since its a hell of a lot more interesting now.

DaKCMan AP
06-15-2006, 10:16 PM
Wow, I actually think we got ourselves a series now. But just like Hubie said, you never take one game too high or too low, because it could change just like that.

Exactly. Miami still needs to win Sunday because having to win 2 in Dallas is too tough.

Pitt Gorilla
06-15-2006, 11:49 PM
What happened to the "Shaq is through" crowd? I love my Mavs, but the Heat are making it a series.

CirclingWagons
06-16-2006, 12:15 AM
The Home team might not lose a game in this series

DaKCMan AP
06-16-2006, 09:38 AM
bump ;)

Hammock Parties
06-16-2006, 09:40 AM

Wade scored 36. Close enough.

DaKCMan AP
06-16-2006, 09:44 AM
Wade scored 36. Close enough.

But I thought he wouldn't :shrug:

Hammock Parties
06-16-2006, 09:45 AM
But I thought he wouldn't :shrug:

He's pretty amazing. He's not going to do that every night. Dirk and Howard aren't going to play like shit every night, either.

Pennywise
06-16-2006, 10:25 AM

Again.

Too many nutshots by the coach.

http://www.deadspin.com/sports/nba/one-awfully-strange-way-of-celebrating-175923.php

BIG_DADDY
06-16-2006, 10:38 AM
Sure hope the Heat take em out they are like the Lakers East coast version. ROFL

I am a huge Riley fan too.

tk13
06-18-2006, 06:33 PM
Game 5.

NEXT

Hammock Parties
06-18-2006, 06:34 PM
And NO Stackhouse. Woohoo!

chiefs4me
06-18-2006, 06:53 PM
And NO Stackhouse. Woohoo!

No problem, they have played without him several times this year and won, the bench will step in like they always do!!!!!!! Go Mavs!!!!!!

JBucc
06-18-2006, 06:55 PM
Go Heat!

Hammock Parties
06-18-2006, 06:56 PM
No problem, they have played without him several times this year and won, the bench will step in like they always do!!!!!!! Go Mavs!!!!!!

I am a Mavericks fan, dumbass. Stackhouse is like kryptonite. He sucks.

JBucc
06-18-2006, 07:04 PM
I am a Mavericks fan, dumbass. Stackhouse is like kryptonite. He sucks.Wouldn't kryptonite be a good thing since Superman is on the other team?

chiefs4me
06-18-2006, 07:07 PM
I am a Mavericks fan, dumbass. Stackhouse is like kryptonite. He sucks.

I know you are dipshit, I was simply responding to you, I won't let that happen again.....:harumph:

Chiefs Pantalones
06-18-2006, 08:47 PM
Win or lose this series, the Heat have to be the dumbest team I can remember that was in the NBA Finals. They turn the ball over more than anything, it's hilarious. And a lot of them are their own fault, it isn't Dallas' doing. But somehow, they still end up winning even after shooting themselves in the foot so many times each game.

DaKCMan AP
06-18-2006, 10:06 PM
OT.

tk13
06-18-2006, 10:06 PM
OVERTIME! Great duel between Wade and Nowitzski late in the game there...

NJ Chief Fan
06-18-2006, 10:07 PM
whoever wins this game wins the series

DaKCMan AP
06-18-2006, 10:08 PM
whoever wins this game wins the series

agreed.

Mecca
06-18-2006, 10:08 PM
Miami should feel fortunate the refs felt the urge to let them shoot 50 FT's.

Hammock Parties
06-18-2006, 10:09 PM
Now Wade can draw about 10 fouls in overtime. Friggin' ridiculous. Dirk will get mauled of course and draw nothing.

DaKCMan AP
06-18-2006, 10:09 PM

:deevee:

Mecca
06-18-2006, 10:10 PM
Now Wade can draw about 10 fouls in overtime. Friggin' ridiculous. Dirk will get mauled of course and draw nothing.

Wade gets calls like he's Jordan it's really ridiculous to watch.

DaKCMan AP
06-18-2006, 10:12 PM
Wade gets calls like he's Jordan it's really ridiculous to watch.

:deevee: :deevee:

NJ Chief Fan
06-18-2006, 10:13 PM
dwayne wade aka FLOP

Mecca
06-18-2006, 10:13 PM
:deevee: :deevee:

Anyone who's not a fan of Miami can see that Wade is getting some ridiculous calls.

DaKCMan AP
06-18-2006, 10:15 PM
Anyone who's not a fan of Miami can see that Wade is getting some ridiculous calls.

:deevee: :deevee: :deevee:

tk13
06-18-2006, 10:15 PM
Actually I thought Dallas got away with one there at the end when Wade got the defender up in the air and didn't get the foul call.

DaKCMan AP
06-18-2006, 10:16 PM
Actually I thought Dallas got away with one there at the end when Wade got the defender up in the air and didn't get the foul call.

That was a good non-call. Wade tried to draw contact, but the defender avoided him.

But the refs are bias and Wade gets all the calls. :rolleyes:

Mecca
06-18-2006, 10:17 PM
:deevee: :deevee: :deevee:

That's a real nice response......

NJ Chief Fan
06-18-2006, 10:17 PM
That was a good non-call. Wade tried to draw contact, but the defender avoided him.

and this is why i call him FLOP

Miles
06-18-2006, 10:19 PM

I don't think it has been that bad.

DaKCMan AP
06-18-2006, 10:20 PM
That's a real nice response......

what else is there to say? All you're doing is whining.

Mecca
06-18-2006, 10:20 PM
50 FT's for one team in a game is a bit ridiculous in my view.

NJ Chief Fan
06-18-2006, 10:22 PM
5 fouls on rent a cop

Chiefs Pantalones
06-18-2006, 10:24 PM

The team that shows the most aggression, as far as drivin' to the hoop, gets the calls in the NBA.

I'm not too sure both these teams belong in the finals after seeing these guys miss clutch shots, free throws, etc. I miss the days of the Bulls.

DaKCMan AP
06-18-2006, 10:25 PM
what. a. shot. by. gp.