PDA

View Full Version : Anybody been to Prosportspage.com

kcchiefszoo
11-28-2000, 08:45 PM
click on "Kansas City Chiefs" and read what Carl says about keeping Gun in 2001-------
Oh Shi*!!!!!!

Archie F. Swin
11-28-2000, 09:06 PM
http://www.prosportspage.com

Archie F. Swin
11-28-2000, 09:09 PM
actually
http://www.prosportspage.com/kansascityf.html

bishop_74
11-29-2000, 09:52 AM
Well, great... the rest of the world recognizes it, does Gunther? I really do like Gunther and his drive and commitment. I think if he could get a good staff under him, he could do something with this team. I guess we will have to wait and see this season.

milkman
11-29-2000, 12:33 PM
I'm not sure how reliable the source is, but XtraSports 690, San Diego yesterday reported that Peterson met with Dean and Alex Spanos to discuss the possibility of CP taking over operations there. They reportedly had asked for and recieved permission from Hunt last week to speak with CP.
the milkman
offering a glimmer of hope for change

Chiefnj
11-29-2000, 12:39 PM
Hey Carl, San Diego has much nicer weather than KC. Don't you hate those cold mid-western winters? ;)

Red Till Dead
11-29-2000, 12:50 PM
For me Carl leaving is way down the list to improve the chiefs. We have had talent to be a winning team virtually every year he has been with the chiefs.

Yes we could have used a premier running back. Although it seems there are 4 or 5 taken the first round every year. If it is so easy shouldn't every team have a premier back in five or six years.

I would have been bolstered to hear that the Chargers were talking to Stock, Raye, and Shottemhiemer. Gun being so loyal would have probably left as well, to stay with his guys.

milkman
11-29-2000, 01:00 PM
RTD,
If CP were to leave, then a new GM would want his own HC, who, in turn, would want his own staff. The loss of CP creates a domino effect that should, at the very least, improve the coaching situation.
the milkman
looking for wholesale changes

KCTitus
11-29-2000, 01:00 PM
RTD: On the subject of RB's, I did a little number crunching a month or so ago about how many 'feature' backs come out of the draft outside of the top 10 overall picks.

I went as far back as 1989 (not a coincidence), and looked. In total, there were 250 RB's drafted between 1989 and 1999. I didnt count this years rookies into the equation.

Out of that 250, 18 were what could be considered a 'feature' back. That's 7% of the total RB's drafted outside the first 10 overall picks over a 10 year period.

In short, no, it's not easy to draft a RB especially when KC's average draft position during that time has been like 18th.

kcred
11-29-2000, 01:26 PM
Well CP going to the Bolts would explain this typical smokescreen from management. Lamar says he has to renegotiate CP, but gives the Chargers permission. Carl says Gunther stays, no use pissing him off. Now Carl signs with the Bolts, Lamar has to hire a new GM, who wants, I hope a new head coach, but overall isn't this a lot of work, just to dump CP and Goober.