PDA

View Full Version : Why look to the future when you can continue screwing up in the present?

Otter
11-29-2000, 03:52 AM
For those of you who haven't read the article "Chiefs coach to stick with veteran players as season winds down" on KC Star the like is below. But to paraphrase a few interesting quotes:

- If Grbac can't go on MNF, Moon will start.
- Don't look for Cloud or Moreau to get any more carries in case we need them to start next year.
- Although their chances at making the playoffs are but a pipe dream, don't expect the Chiefs to shift to a youth movement during the final four games of the season.

I certainly don't want to hit the field with intentions to lose the four remaining games but having Moon start over Collins, who may be the only QB here next year and seeing no need to give Cloud or Moreau carries in prep for a possible need at starter!?!?!

This is like some sick fever dream where nothing makes any sense. I wouldn't be very suprised if Gun came out Monday night dressed as Napolean and introduced our new field goal kicking mule.

Please tell me I'm not the only one with a dumb look on their face every time that man speaks?!?!

http://www.kcstar.com/item/pages/sports.pat,sports/3774f341.b28,.html

milkman
11-29-2000, 06:48 AM
Any time MaGoo speaks, I just get headaches. The man is just a complete moron. This team is bad, and is just getting worse under his "leadership"
the milkman
reaching for the aspirin

KCTitus
11-29-2000, 07:19 AM
This is pathetic.

"Both of those guys carried the ball a great deal during the season"

Moreau 48 Carries, Cloud 30 Carries.

There are backs in the NFL that carry the ball 30 times in one damn game.

Yosef_Malkovitch
11-29-2000, 07:28 AM
Gun is just trying to save his job now. Finding out what we have in Cloud and Moreau is not (to him) as important as winning the rest of the games. At this point, he definitely does NOT have the best interests of the team in mind.

milkman
11-29-2000, 07:31 AM
What he mean't to say is "Both these guys carried the ball a great deal of times on the sidelines this year, because my son couldn't handle the job.
the milkman
he's his father's son, afterall

Cormac
11-29-2000, 07:35 AM
I think it's time Lamar puts his "arm around" Gun and tells him "you'll be a great coach in this league".........and then fires him.

Let him know what it's like ;)

Actually, what the hel1, let Cloud fire him (you can't convince me he doesn't want to :D)

Baby Lee
11-29-2000, 08:19 AM
Cormac - I can see it now - like the scene in "Of Mice and Men"

Whatter ya' doin Carl? Whatta 'bout the bunnies?"

kcred
11-29-2000, 08:29 AM
Nothing this idiot says surprises me anymore. I just checked out the power rankins from Sportsline and NFLTalk. CBS has us ranked 23rd and Talk has us last at 31. They no doubt are being sarcastic, and even with a loss to the Pats, we should move back up to 27th or 28th. Seriously, this is pathetic. Can all of us, as fans, be this far off? Are we really this bad? Can Peterson really believe in the turnaround last year, only to screw up the last two games? What part of my 35 years of Chief watching, is so very, very wrong? How can anyone justify a belief in Cunningham? And now, is he not saying it is him, not the players, that is responsible. In other words, why look for new players, we have them right here, just can't seem to get them to produce. I don't know anymore, this team has me just totally confused.

Tribal Warfare
11-29-2000, 11:08 AM
Peterson's @ss should be gone next year but it all starts and ends with us the fans(going to games) to tell Lamar that we want King Carl's butt out of KC. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/mad.gif

Red Till Dead
11-29-2000, 11:44 AM
Otter,
Classic on the Napolean outfit and our kicking Mule. Needed the laugh. The only thing that could top that in the entertainment department would be Stock parachuting from the Goodyear Blimp to midfield Monday night. Only to realize that he forgot his parachute. If he lands on his head, he has an 80% chance to live.

Couldn't agree more on playing our younger guys the last four games.
Lets see Warfield and Bartee on the corners, and Dennis playing nickle.
Lets see Moreau or Cloud start and actually carry the ball the entire game.
Lets see Dante Hall returning Kick, Punts and playing as our 3rd and long back.
Lets see Oneal if healthy as outside linebacker, and Maslowski playing middle linebacker.
Lets see Alford play as a starting guard. May need him there next year.
Lets see if Stills is the blitzing linebacker we heard he would be.

Don't ever need to see Anders or Bennett on the field again. Bush may be a salary cap nightmare. Patton could also be gone due to salary and losing a step. If fits under the cap could be kept as back up next year.
Hasty is a stud but probably in final year.
Shields won't get the money from chiefs he thinks he is entitled. WHY not start playing some of these guys that will have to take their place next year. Will also help the staff determine where we will have to go in the draft and free angency. Young guys will play with emotion. Something you need when out of the hunt. Winning three of the last four games (against teams with losing records) will do nothing for the chiefs or their confidence. Unless its some of our young guys doing it!!!

BIG_DADDY
11-29-2000, 11:56 AM
RTD,
It would be the first time a member of the special teams made it to midfield this year.

BIG DADDY
Just trying to laugh to keep me from crying.

DJay23
11-29-2000, 11:57 AM
Totally agreed Red Till Dead. Unfortunately for us die hards Gunther is only interested in winning meaningless games to make his record as a head coach better, thus preserving his job for another year, and keeping the stooges employed. It only makes sense to rational people to play the youth on your team when you are out of the play off hunt so when the vets on the team get sick of losing and leave town, your back ups have at least some real game experience. For reasons unbeknownst to me and seemingly everyone else on this board, Gun can't see this. I think the best we can hope for as someone pointed out is for Lamar's son to take over the team and actually give a crap about the product the fans are receiving.

BIG_DADDY
11-29-2000, 12:03 PM
Maybe all the old timers will just lay down and humiliate Lamar so bad that he just fires everyone.

BIG DADDY
Just wondering if it is too soon to ask santa. <BR>

Cormac
11-29-2000, 12:25 PM
RTD,

Agree totally. However Dante Hall has apparently lost the desire necessary to play pro-football, and won't be back. Also, Andre O'Neal is on the IR now.

I would love to see more of Cloud and Moreau (with no 3rd down back, just give T-Rich a few carries to give them a breather).

We need to see Bartee. Dennis, at the very least, has a confidence problem, and Warfield has shown nothing. As it stands right now, we are in big trouble at CB next year when Hasty retires.

It's also time to see more of Stills, Alford and Todd Collins. It's a terrible way for careers with the Chiefs to end, by putting the likes of Hasty and Shields on the bench, but it's time to look to the future.........I hope.

Coogs
11-29-2000, 01:31 PM
BIG DADDY,

"It would be the first time a member of the special teams made it to midfield this year"

LMAO, that is classic!

svuba
11-29-2000, 05:28 PM
We need to replace gun's excuse for a brian with our posts.

I agree with you all 1000%

Bennet should be cut now along with Anders, Carlton Gray, Lew Bush, etc, etc.

Play all of our rookies, let Cloud carry the ball 50 or 60 times in the next 2 games. If he averages 4.5 yards per carry give him the final 2 games!!

Give Moreau the same opportunitiy in the last 2 games ONLY IF cloud fails with his 60 carries.

Lastly, I hope that we Loose all of our remaining games in well played efforts by our rookies...Then we may draft high enough to finally have a chance at a franchise QB or RB. If everything goes our way we could draft as high as #6 or 7.<P>