PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Sign Turley

vailpass
06-13-2006, 04:05 PM
Right tackle? I thought he could only compete for a TE spot?

Chiefs sign Turley
Team wants veteran to compete for right tackle spot
Posted: Tuesday June 13, 2006 5:29PM; Updated: Tuesday June 13, 2006 5:45PM

The 30-year-old Kyle Turley last played in 2003 for the St. Louis Rams.
Jeff Gross/Getty Images

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- The Kansas City Chiefs have agreed to a two-year contract with offensive tackle Kyle Turley, who has started 95 games in his NFL career but has missed the past two seasons with a back injury.

Terms of the contract, announced Tuesday, were not disclosed.

"We are very pleased to acquire the services of a player of Kyle Turley's experience and stature," said Chiefs General Manager Carl Peterson. "We were very impressed with his recent workout for us and are confident he is ready to resume his NFL career."

Turley, listed at 6-foot-5 and 300 pounds, tried out for the Miami Dolphins in May, after slimming down to 260 pounds and attempting to make a switch from tackle to tight end.

Peterson said he expects Turley to compete for the starting right tackle position. He could also be a backup to left tackle Willie Roaf.

The 30-year-old Turley last played in 2003 for the St. Louis Rams, where he started every game at right tackle and helped the Rams offense rank third in the league. But he was released after missing all of 2004 with a bad back.

Turley was drafted in the first round of the 1998 draft by the New Orleans Saints, where he started 79 games in his first five seasons.

Kansas City also signed free agent defensive lineman James Reed to a one-year contract. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Reed, a 6-foot, 286-pound tackle, spent five years with the New York Jets under Herm Edwards, who is now coach of the Chiefs. Reed started in 17 games, recording 176 tackles and six sacks.

He had 58 tackles and two sacks in 16 games with the Jets in 2005 and is expected to provide depth to an unsettled defensive line.

www.cnnsi.com

4th and Long
06-13-2006, 04:09 PM
Welcome to 2 days ago.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=142117&highlight=turley

jspchief
06-13-2006, 04:21 PM
Welcome to 2 days ago.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=142117&highlight=turley Well, technically he wasn't signed until today, so it is news. Up until this point, he had agreed to terms but hadn't passed the physical or signed the contract.

vailpass
06-13-2006, 04:22 PM
Welcome to 2 days ago.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=142117&highlight=turley
:banghead: Sorry. Mods please delete.

Ultra Peanut
06-13-2006, 04:23 PM
YOU CRAZY KIDS

BWillie
06-13-2006, 04:27 PM
Too bad Perpetual Death Mode didn't go work out for him.

Raiderhater
06-13-2006, 04:29 PM
Who says Ramifization has come to an end with the departure of DV?

vailpass
06-13-2006, 04:39 PM

I notice KC signed a DL who played for Herm in NY. Apparently the Jetsification of your Chiefs has begun as well.

Adept Havelock
06-13-2006, 04:43 PM
In an unrelated story, dry wood still burns. :rolleyes:

Bob Dole
06-13-2006, 04:46 PM

Knight, Roaf and Turley are all former Saints.

Clearly, we're seeing the Saintsifization of the Chiefs.

vailpass
06-13-2006, 04:47 PM
In an unrelated story, dry wood still burns. :rolleyes:

What's your point there homo boy?

Adept Havelock
06-13-2006, 04:50 PM
What's your point there homo boy?
Lighten up, Francis.
It's as much "news" as your post? :shrug:

Raiderhater
06-13-2006, 04:59 PM
Knight, Roaf and Turley are all former Saints.

Clearly, we're seeing the Saintsifization of the Chiefs.

Knight is also a former Dolphin. Along with Surtain, that would lead one to conclude we are witnessing the Dolphinifization of the Chiefs.

Raiderhater
06-13-2006, 05:02 PM
I notice KC signed a DL who played for Herm in NY. Apparently the Jetsification of your Chiefs has begun as well.

Good grief, this team is going to have a f#cking identity crisis this season....

rad
06-13-2006, 06:10 PM
Imagine if we drafted good players?

We could have the Chiefsification of the Chiefs.

Whosurdaddy
06-13-2006, 08:07 PM
Don't forget about the Penn Stateification of the chiefs over the last few years in the draft...

Rain Man
06-13-2006, 08:40 PM
Imagine if we drafted good players?

We could have the Chiefsification of the Chiefs.

It would be interesting if someone did an analysis of what the team would look like if Carl was perfect in his first-day drafting.

Advertisement (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=142096&highlight=perfect)

VonneMarie
06-13-2006, 08:43 PM
Wow! We sign 1 player from a team that our current coach, used to coach and suddenly we've started a "Jetsification?"

Simply stunning. :rolleyes:

InChiefsHeaven
06-13-2006, 08:45 PM
Wow! We sign 1 player from a team that our current coach, used to coach and suddenly we've started a "Jetsification?"

It will be when we sign...

dum dum DAAAAHHH!!

TY LAW!!

VonneMarie
06-13-2006, 08:47 PM
It will be when we sign...

dum dum DAAAAHHH!!

TY LAW!!
WOW.

nychief
06-13-2006, 08:48 PM
Don't forget about the Penn Stateification of the chiefs over the last few years in the draft...

LJ -Starter
Omar Easy - RAIDER
Dave Szott - Retired
Muhammed Hali - Starter

Ebolapox
06-13-2006, 08:49 PM
you mean tamba??

nychief
06-13-2006, 08:52 PM
you mean tamba??

yes. you caught me.

rad
06-14-2006, 06:39 AM
It would be interesting if someone did an analysis of what the team would look like if Carl was perfect in his first-day drafting.

Advertisement (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=142096&highlight=perfect)

Yeah, I saw that thread the other day. Interesting.

MOhillbilly
06-14-2006, 06:58 AM
i hope he has learned to keep his stupid mouth shut.

StcChief
06-14-2006, 07:20 AM
Yeah. Let's not mouth off, Sling Helmets and get penalties.....

but he was with the Saints...That alone is enough.

Very interesting camp ahead with him and Welbourne competing...

InChiefsHeaven
06-14-2006, 07:38 AM
His interview on Chiefs.com seems pretty well reasoned. Maybe he's grown up a bit. I still want him to have the fire, just not the rest of the BS...

Chiefnj
06-14-2006, 07:46 AM
I can't help but think that there may be a problem with Roaf and/or Welbourn. Both have been missing OTA's, correct?

JBucc
06-14-2006, 07:59 AM
I can't help but think that there may be a problem with Roaf and/or Welbourn. Both have been missing OTA's, correct?
I thought it was personal stuff

BigChiefFan
06-14-2006, 08:09 AM
Good pick-up. After last year when Roaf was out, we struggled mightily. This is our insurance policy for Roaf. Nice move!

vailpass
06-14-2006, 09:07 AM

Sarcasm isn't your thing huh VM?
At least you could have spared me the "roll eyes" icon, that is SO memyislamagunt. ROFL

CoMoChief
06-14-2006, 09:16 AM
Yeah. Let's not mouth off, Sling Helmets and get penalties.....

but he was with the Saints...That alone is enough.

Very interesting camp ahead with him and Welbourne competing...

I dont see what the big deal was about the helmet thing. The guy took a very cheap shot on his QB, and the Olineman (being Turley) should have stepped in and made sure he wasnt gonna do that again, which he did. I'd hope that some of our Olinemen would do the same. Turley is a passionate guy, and even though it seemed like an over the top move by him, we should all hope that our players would stick up for Green. Big deal he got fined a few bucks and that was the end of it. He doesnt make as much now as he did then so I bet he'll watch it this time around.

MOhillbilly
06-14-2006, 09:21 AM
I dont see what the big deal was about the helmet thing. The guy took a very cheap shot on his QB, and the Olineman (being Turley) should have stepped in and made sure he wasnt gonna do that again, which he did. I'd hope that some of our Olinemen would do the same. Turley is a passionate guy, and even though it seemed like an over the top move by him, we should all hope that our players would stick up for Green. Big deal he got fined a few bucks and that was the end of it. He doesnt make as much now as he did then so I bet he'll watch it this time around.

save it for the next play line up and bury the guy.
stupid penalties because your head isnt inplace can,has and will lose a close game.

InChiefsHeaven
06-14-2006, 09:21 AM

Either that, or Trent would pay his fine for him...not a bad idea keeping your O line happy, doncha know... :)

FAX
06-14-2006, 09:27 AM
I would never disagree with Mr. MOhillbilly at all. He has a keen understanding of the game. But, personally, I have no problem whatsoever with an o-lineman getting a penalty protecting the QB either before, during, or after a play.

But then, the scene of that ugly ass Ben Davidson spearing Dawson in the back is seared into my brain.

By the way, Ben Davidson played the bouncer in "Behind The Green Door" - a perfectly appropriate role for him. It is said that he took payment in the form of a bj from Marilyn Chambers.

FAX