PDA

View Full Version : Props to T-Rich for a great game today

Mosbonian
12-10-2000, 07:16 PM
We should all give a cyber Hi-5 to T-Rich for the great game he had today.

Give credit where credit is due.

mmaddog

------------------
KilGore is a noun, not a verb..

Logical
12-10-2000, 07:28 PM
Absolutely true.

The thing that I wonder about, is this a true indication that he can be a #1 HB ala Stephen Davis or is this just an aberration. I am somewhat afraid it is an aberration and the Chiefs will assume the opposite and for another year do nothing about the RB situation.

Logical
12-10-2000, 07:29 PM
This post deleted, it was a duplicate.

[This message has been edited by Logical (edited 12-10-2000).]

Cannibal
12-10-2000, 07:35 PM
TRich could have done this all year and rushed for well over 1000 yards IMO.

All he needed was a chance.

[This message has been edited by Cannibal (edited 12-10-2000).]

Mosbonian
12-10-2000, 07:39 PM
Cannibal:

I will admit that I was one of the people who had started doubting T-Rich over the last few games.

Mea culpa Tony...

mmaddog

------------------
KilGore is a noun, not a verb..

Phobia
12-10-2000, 07:42 PM
He had a real nice game. However, he was untouched at the LOS for most of those 8+ yard gains. I don't think it had everything to do with our O-line play either. The panthers have a real bad run D. I don't wanna take anything away from Tony R but at the same time, I'd like to keep everything in perspective.

Raiderhater
12-10-2000, 08:16 PM
Props to TRich today. I think that he will fit the RB position just fine, if they leave him there. KPhobia, sure the Panthers have a bad run D, but he has come through this season when needed. I think that he will continue to do the same. But, they have to leave him in the game. He has to establish himself, and get in a rythem. If this happens, you have your #1 RB, and don't have to waste a draft pick on another RB.

------------------
WILDCATS 29
corn balls 28

revolver808
12-10-2000, 08:22 PM
Tony definitely looked sharp today. Leaves ya wondering what might have been had he been getting the ball 15-20 times a game all year, huh?

IMO the Chiefs have not necessarily been needing a dominant running back. Our passing game is ready to carry the load, and has shown that pretty clearly. While a marquee back would obviously be swell, all we have really been lacking all year is somebody to establish a consistent presence on the ground.... someone to make the opposing D play honest and who can consistently gain solid yards.

Mark-
is wondering what might have been.

kcmax
12-11-2000, 10:00 AM
i thought trich had a great day!how many yards did he get on that first screen they ran? 20+ yards?see what happens when you give a guy more than 4-5 carries...
kcmax
playing the what-if game...

Bob Dole
12-11-2000, 10:07 AM
Bob Dole is still trying to recover from the shock of seeing a Kansas City Chief in the list of top 10 rushers on Sunday...

redfan
12-11-2000, 11:31 AM
TRich DEFINITELY gets a game ball. But I'm kinda with KPhobia on this one; don't get too excited 'cuz that Carolina D is pretty soft. The Chiefs O-line was blowing their D off of the line of scrimmage. I love the way TRich plays the game(hard-nosed, punishing runner) but the fumble makes me worry what would happen over the course of a season if he was the feature back. TRich's biggest downfall is that he can't block for himself. Maybe a TRich/Cloud FB/RB combo?
Nice to get off 'da schnide though, hmmm?

rh :mad:

[This message has been edited by redhed (edited 12-11-2000).]

Bob Dole
12-11-2000, 11:34 AM
Bob Dole especially enjoyed one second half Carolina blitz where the linebacker came through and appeared to run into a wall. The guy was full-speed and bounced of Tony about 2 yards when they collided.