PDA

View Full Version : KC's Head Coaching Wish List

Mile High Mania
12-12-2000, 09:21 AM
Ok, sounds like most of you have come to the conclusion that Gunther is a GREAT defensive head coach, but a sub-par Head Coach.

So - who are the HC candidates that you would like for KC to consider? I've heard mention of Spurrier, but I don't see that happening... not even sure it would be a good thing for your team.

Like I've said, I hope they fire Gunther just so Denver can hire him as their new DC once they let Robinson go.

What are some of the names?

Spott
12-12-2000, 09:31 AM
For HC I'd really like Cowher assuming he's out after this year in Pittsburgh.

For OC, can Raye and get Norv Turner.

DC, get rid of Schottenheimer and put in anybody. Hell, even Dave Adolph looks good now.

------------------
It looks I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

Baby Lee
12-12-2000, 09:51 AM
Wish List? - Denny Green, no question. Wouldn't mind Gailey for OC either. If he can make Miami a running team. . .

Reality - Cowher - HC, Rhodes - DC, Harbaugh - ST, Mornhinweg - OC.

Call me a fool, but I'd still like to see CP NOT get a Contract, and Schott [SR!] get a hand at running it all.

TEX
12-12-2000, 10:53 AM
For me it's Bill Cohwer or nobody! Gun stays on and serves as Defensive Coordinator and Raye and Stock are sent packing. Willie Shaw is demoted to Special Teams Coach where he can run his "soft zones" to prevent long returns! *grin*

<BR>

Bob Dole
12-12-2000, 11:16 AM
HC = Parcells
OC = Turner
DC = Whoever Parcells picks
ST = Bob Dole

Phobia
12-12-2000, 11:19 AM
Here's what I posted on another thread. Keep in mind this is me dreaming:

Atlanta's Offensive Line Coach - Shell
Seattle's Special Teams Coach - Rodriguez
Jets' GM Parcells
Indy's Offensive Coordinator - Moore
Baltimore's Defensive Coordinator - Lewis
Baltimores's LB Coach - Del Rio
Ram's WR's coach as OC - Saunders
Oklahoma's Head Coach - Stoops

I haven't researched availability to put a realistic wish list out here, yet.

shakesthecat
12-12-2000, 11:26 AM
I've been saying for 2 months now that Bob Stoops would be my first choice.
He's a defensive minded coach, that seems to get the most from his players.
I think I could live with Cowher or Kubiak if I had to.<BR>

WisChief
12-12-2000, 11:27 AM
kloster - amen on the stoops for hc

Author Topic: BOB STOOPES FOR THE NEXT CHIEFS HC!!!
WisChief
Regular
Topic Description posted 12-02-2000 10:52 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's what I say!
<BR>

Packfan
12-12-2000, 11:40 AM
Mile High,

First of all, Thanks to the Broncos for developing Ed Donatell, currently the Packers defensive coordinator. He has done a lot with very little to work with, especially on the defensive line and at linebacker. The defense was supposed to be the weak link on the Packers, instead, its done pretty well.

2nd, Gunter is NOT a great defensive coordinator. His Oakland defenses stunk and his last two defenses with the Chiefs have been crap. If he were such a great defensive mind, the Chiefs defense wouldnt be getting lit up week after week. It is possible to be the head coach and have a major influence on the offense/defense/special teams at the same time.

I often wonder what on earth Gunter is doing for 20 hours a day? Nothing really works the way its supposed to on his team.

58Forever
12-12-2000, 11:46 AM
I don't agree with the Cowher theory...another D minded coach...sure, he's been relativly successful, but I'd rather see Kubiak at HC and get a good DC...I doubt if Gun would go back to DC...

But, afraid to say this because I know it's true...Gun will get one more year...which means Raye does too...but Durt and Stuck are gone...

Mi_chief_fan
12-12-2000, 12:20 PM
Gunther's defenses were tops in the league 95-97, in the top 10 in nearly every statistical category.

Once again Packfool, you open your mouth and remove all doubt that your a moron.

Raiderhater
12-12-2000, 05:14 PM
Call me crazy, but the person I would really like to see as HC is "Iron" Mike Ditka. I also wouldn't mind Dom Capers.

------------------
WILDCATS 29
corn balls 28

Brock
12-12-2000, 05:19 PM
You're crazy.

Tribal Warfare
12-12-2000, 05:19 PM
First King Carl must leave KC for any major changes occur and or have our fondest dreams come true! :mad:

[This message has been edited by ChiefPriority (edited 12-12-2000).]

Mi_chief_fan
12-12-2000, 07:49 PM
[b]DITKA?!?!?!</B>

DJay23
12-12-2000, 10:18 PM
Shell is at the top of my list. The man did nothing but win when he was in Oakland and then gone. Was he screwed by Davis or what? He seems to be a forgotten man since then.

People here in PA love Cowher, and Cowher loves Pittsburgh. I don't think he's going anywhere. I don't think Parcells is realistic. As many have said he is an East Coast guy, but you never know when a lot of money is involved. Oh well, I guess that's why they call it a 'wish' list.

G_Man
12-12-2000, 10:45 PM
At least with Ditka we'd get our RB. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Gaz
12-13-2000, 11:41 AM
HC: Art Shell or Al Saunders

OC: Norv Turner or Steve DeBerg

DC: Gunther Cunningham or Dom Capers

ST: A young, aggressive guy [Greg Manusky?]

xoxo~
gaz
hoping for a Stooge-free KC next season.<BR>