PDA

View Full Version : Gore felt that the legal system was his answer, tonight he has learned a lesson. Cong

Logical
12-12-2000, 10:05 PM
Congratulations President-Elect Bush

I now pray that the process of getting on with the business of Great Representative Republic (not Democracy as so many misunderstand), can move forward to the next centuries election without further incident. Once a century is way more than enough.

To those of you who supported Gore, condolences on your, loss with the roller coaster ride this has been I understand the negative emotions you must be feeling.<BR>

DaWolf
12-12-2000, 10:26 PM
It's all good. Either guy was going to have a real high standard to prove themselves if they got in. It is too bad that all these court decisions from Florida to the Supreme court had to become so politicized and divided, but that's the way it is I suppose. So best of luck to Bush, a successful presidency for him probably means a successful america, and that is what counts in the end...

ROYC75
12-13-2000, 11:56 AM
He won't admit that he lost,but concede for the good of the country! Then later they will find a way to claim victory for his 2004 run!

Crytal Balls are wonderful! ( not,but this is the most likly senario with this guy). :D

[This message has been edited by ROYC75 (edited 12-13-2000).]

Ugly Duck
12-13-2000, 02:25 PM
Hey DaWolf....I'm having a problem here. This is the first year I've voted Dem since Jimmy Carter. Mine was a protest vote against Newt and the gang for their Politics of Destruction. Now that Duh-bya is the legal (but not legit) pres, the punk in me wants the Repubs to get a taste of their own medicine. But my conscience tells me that I cannot embrace what I find so distasteful about the Repubs. If I were to support endless investigations against Repubs, Dems stonewalling legislation and holding the budget hostage, etc., then I am no better than the Repulican scum that I so despise. After the way they have acted during the last 6 years, you'd think that now its time for revenge. But my heart is telling me that poison will just continue what I hate so much about the Repubs. Their onslaught was successful, and I certainly don't want to reward their behavior. But if I condone retalitory partisan poison, I am no better than they are and lose my position to complain. Somebody help me....

KCTitus
12-13-2000, 02:27 PM
Pretty strong words, there, Duck.

Ugly Duck
12-13-2000, 02:37 PM
Oops! Am I doing it again? You're OK, Titus. Its Newt, Armey, Hatch, & Co that I'm pi$$ed at.

Michael Michigan
12-13-2000, 03:12 PM
Duck-

That's great stuff. There is no doubt libs will and have started the politics of personal destruction.

They have nothing to build on, are the minority party in the 2 elected branches of government, and will continue to make asses out of themselves on a daily basis.

I love it.

Brock
12-13-2000, 03:14 PM
get used to this picture

http://ichart.yahoo.com/b?s=^ixic

BIG_DADDY
12-13-2000, 03:24 PM
Brock,
The last time I checked Clinton was still in office. You thinking that the Clinton administration was resposible for this most recent economic boom cycle really shows your ignorance on economics in general. Of course if you have a huge red shiny nose, it is kind of hard to hide.

BIG DADDY
5 hrs. until I open that bottle of Scotch.

Michael Michigan
12-13-2000, 03:27 PM
Brock-

Chip stocks are coming up short this quarter. It has nothing to do with President-elect Bush.

However, microsoft will soon be a good buy as that is overturned.

DaWolf
12-13-2000, 03:35 PM
Duck,
I understand where you're coming from. I'm still having a hard time because I went into this thing with the false assumption that the legal system could put aside all the political bickering and partisanship and settle this thing cleanly, but obviously I was wrong there on many fronts. However, Gore wil concede tonight and he will tell us to unite and get behind Bush, and that is what needs to be done. Bush is not the thing here, the thing here is the country. Like I said before, I hope Bush has a very successful presidency, because that probably means the country will be doing well. If Bush does something that deserves to be examined, by all means examine it, the precedence has already been set. But I would hope for no one to go on another witchhunt, I don't think that'll do us any good...

Brock
12-13-2000, 03:36 PM
Big Daddy - What are you doing here? Aren't you on black helicopter spotting duty back at the compound?

BIG_DADDY
12-13-2000, 03:44 PM
Brock,
Ah yes, another ridiculous comment pointed at me instead of the substance of what I am saying. You do make a good demorat.

BIG DADDY
wants to know if you actually realize how ignorant you sound.

[This message has been edited by BIG_DADDY (edited 12-13-2000).]

Mosbonian
12-13-2000, 03:46 PM
DaWolf:

As a died in the wool moderate Republican, I can say, if we ever find GW guilty of an offense in office, I will be one of the first in line to say, "kick him out".

Fair play in my book has no political boundaries. I think Newt should have been hog-tied and bull-whipped for his idiocies.
Nixon got less than what he deserved for his stupidity.

I am tired of the political sniping as much as anyone(and probably just as guilty), and would love to see it end. But for all the badgering and hounding that has gone on for the last few weeks, I still need a couple of more days to gloat.

Please excuse any transgressions for Political Gloating up until Friday night.

mark

------------------
KilGore is a noun, not a verb..

Raiderhater
12-13-2000, 03:48 PM
Mark, what were Mr. Newt's idiocies?

------------------
WILDCATS 29
corn balls 28

Brock
12-13-2000, 03:49 PM
Yep, you're a real genius, BD. That's why so many of your buds jumped to your defense when you said Clinton's administration was responsible for covering up "something" in Oklahoma City and on TWA 700 and I pointed out that you have nothing but half-baked innuendo to back your paranoid theories up. Crackpot webpage authors love people like you.

BIG_DADDY
12-13-2000, 03:59 PM
First of all genius it was TWA flight 800 and I could give a rats as* who backs me up. I would hardly call an add taken up in the Washington Times as a half-baked innuendo. Any time you would like to talk about economics ect. and try and match wits give it a shot. Just because you think that everything that comes over your tube on the communist news network is true doesn't make it so. There is actually alot of evidence to the contrary on flight 800 if you took a little time to really find out but I guess you would rather get your news from CNN.

BIG DADDY
If you were watching TV at the time the flight got shot down ALL of the eyewitnesses interviewed said that the plane got shot by something. Most said a missle. I guess you would choose to believe Ted Turner

KCJohnny
12-13-2000, 06:55 PM
Bush won 29 states folks. Although Gore had a slim majority in the popular vote, a lot of that came from the DEm strongholds of NY and NE. Those places are heavily urban and Democrat, no surprise there.
Bush will be the leader of our country and will govern with bi-partisan support like no president since Ike. He is that kind of leader. He has a tremendous record of assembling sharp, experienced staffers who execute his leadership priorities across party lines.
Now only if Dubya could help the Chiefs staff...
KCJ
Grinning with his GOP buds :D

------------------<BR>

BIG_DADDY
12-13-2000, 07:00 PM
KC,
He didn't EVEN win the popular vote. If they would count the absentee ballots in states that were already decided Bush would have won that too. I get sick of hearing the liberal media say that he won the popular vote, he didn't

BIG DADDY
Hates the liberal media

mikey23545
12-13-2000, 07:05 PM
It is amazing to me how many Gorebackers are screaming about how obviously the USSC must have ruled based on politics, but all the time the 7 democraticaly appointed justices of the Florida Supreme Court gave Gore free rein to do anything he pleased, violate any state law he wished to, and the permission to count imaginary votes, THEY were all seen as being wise sages betraying no signs of partisanship....I think anyone but extremely partisan Dems realized in their own minds that Bush was the real President-elect long ago...This was an asinine performance by Gore and his cronies which has finally ended just the way it should...

mikey23545
12-13-2000, 07:09 PM
By the way, Ugly, I cannot for a second believe you have ever voted Republican in your life after reading that vitriolic crap you wrote in your next to last post...You know you have been a die-hard Dem for years, which is almost as bad as being a Raider fan...As a matter of fact, it is totally unbelievable that a Raider fan could be a conservative, anyway...

Gracie Dean
12-13-2000, 07:13 PM
That is why Texas is ranked 50th in families living above poverty but 1st in pollution and 1st in executions.

Bush can be proud of his state.

[This message has been edited by dawsonpa (edited 12-13-2000).]

mikey23545
12-13-2000, 07:17 PM
Well, Pam, Bush OVERWHELMINGLY won Texas, while Gore lost his home state...What should that tell us about Gore?...

mikey23545
12-13-2000, 07:23 PM
By the way, the state of Texas was in an environmental mess when Bush became Gov...It is now ranked as one of the fastest IMPROVING states by the EPA...And everyone knows it is hurt badly in economic ratings by the huge amount of legal and legal immigrants streaming across the border...Your arguments show no depth, especially for a school teacher....

Gracie Dean
12-13-2000, 07:24 PM
That Gore does not really have a home state

and that the people of Tennesse are not using all of their brain. haha

I really don't care about that now. I am concerned for the world and for my family.

Has anyone read or is reading the series
"left behind"

Makes one think.

mikey23545
12-13-2000, 07:31 PM
So pretty much you ignore facts and walk around bumping into the walls of your own prejudice...

Gracie Dean
12-13-2000, 07:32 PM
Okay Milkyway,

Here it is really simple for you...

As a school teacher in the classroom I am and have to be neutral--not chosing sides-- that is the political correctness that teachers must abide by.

As a citizen, a person, and myself I can be as picky as I want to be and can read and believe what I want. I can not find the paper I was quoting from so I may be a little off on my info actually I believe that the number should have been 42nd on the poverty thing.

If Bush proves that he can run this country and I still have a job in 4 years then maybe I will consider him a decent president.

I bet he snorts more coke than any president in the white house.

Does anyone remember the Iran/Contra thing? We voted Bush out once

Read my lips---we did nothing wrong yada yada

lets put perot in there.

mikey23545
12-13-2000, 07:33 PM
And "Gore does not have a home state"?
He grew up there and his daddy was a popular senator from the state, he was a senator in the state, and he does not have a home state?.....Geesh...

Gracie Dean
12-13-2000, 07:37 PM
If anything I bet he feels DC is his home state.

I have a cousin that grew up in Kansas but has lived in Iowa for 15 years. If you ask her what state she is from she will not say Kansas.

Learn to think OUTSIDE THE BOX.

By the way, welcome to the board

Gracie Dean
12-13-2000, 07:42 PM
I am off to watch the travisty

Michael Michigan
12-13-2000, 07:49 PM
"I bet he snorts more coke than any president in the white house."

What do you base this on?

"If Bush proves that he can run this country and I still have a job in 4 years then maybe I will consider him a decent president."

How is Bush going to keep your job? Shouldn't that be your responsibility?

The fact that you are a teacher is scary.

Gracie Dean
12-13-2000, 09:19 PM
Again with the personal comments.

Honey,
I am the best teacher you never had.

MY job depends on what bush decides to do with schools. My school will probably be closed within 2 years. We are losing students to various reasons and if we also lose funding our doors will shut. In that case our students will be bussed over 15 miles in different directions.

I am glad I never had you as a student as well.

Just remembering his coke days as I don't have selective memory.

Michael Michigan
12-13-2000, 09:39 PM
Pam-

Sounds like you should be burnt on Clinton. If the pesident is the reason you are losing students now, the handwriting is on the wall.

My apologies if you took the scary teacher part as a personal attack, it was more of an observation.

Any adult that is put in charge of kids eight hours a day that is so partisan and loose with the facts is indeed scary.

I hope you don't pass this along to your students.

BTW--The left Behind series you speak of is an incredible series. I am now up to "The Mark."

The book it's based on is even more incredible.<P>

Gracie Dean
12-13-2000, 09:42 PM
In the classroom, I am as neutral as can be. I have to be. But I am entitled to personal beleifs and feelings. I am now, have been and will be democratic but vote for who I believe will be best for me and my family.

Clinton has nothing to do with our losing 49 students. But Bush's school reform will put the nail on our coffin.

Gracie Dean
12-13-2000, 09:44 PM
I just started the series in book. I am halfway through the first book.

So far it is excellent. I like the woman giving birth part. That really brings it home.

mikey23545
12-14-2000, 04:41 AM
Pam, if your school is going to be closed, I would assume there is a good reason for it, and besides, as any good Republican would tell you, that sounds like a LOCAL problem, not one the President or Congress of the United States should be involved in....

KCWolfman
12-14-2000, 06:43 AM
Brock - The NASDAQ is not the picture of our country's economy.

Here is what you are looking for
Dow Industrials
http://chart.yahoo.com/c/0b/_/_dji.gif

Note the rise after December 4th after the Presidency was all but sealed up. That coupled with the fact that the dems are still in the White House means that your theory holds less water than a spaghetti colander.

[This message has been edited by KCWolfman (edited 12-14-2000).]

[This message has been edited by KCWolfman (edited 12-14-2000).]

KCWolfman
12-14-2000, 06:51 AM
Pam - your school closing has nothing to do with the paltry percentage received from Federal Funding. However, if there are fiscal problems within your school and you want to blame the Federal Govt, I will gladly back you - WHo is currently in office and has been for eight years? That is where you need to register your complaints.

If you want to think logically on the subject, I advise you to get involved on a local level regarding your school district - that is where true funding,, and more importantly distribution of funding, occurs.

KCWolfman
12-14-2000, 06:52 AM
BTW Pam, Travesty???? I see that you handle losing very well (TIC).