PDA

View Full Version : No class...no excuse...

DoktorSmith
09-25-2000, 10:44 AM
Terrel Owens showed absolutely no class yesterday...and I don't blame Teague one bit for trying to knock the **** out of him...

Owens should have gotten a flag for taunting...maybe he did I don't know, but there is no excuse for what he did, twice...

It's like Berman said, the 49s are 1-3 not exactly something to be proud of...it made me sick to watch that and then Owens didn't show a bit of remorse...

He should be fined...I can handle the spikes and dances and salutes and all the other crap teams do to celebrate, but what he did was inexcusable...

My editorial comment for the day.

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

Gracie Dean
09-25-2000, 10:50 AM
I would agree with you, but. He did this to the Cowpokes. LOLOLOLOLOL.

Yosef_Malkovitch
09-25-2000, 10:52 AM
I agree. Then at the same time, I'm laughing because it *was* funny. I guess that's a double-standard. However, I've come to expect tactless & classless acts out of the spoiled athletes the NFL produces. If I weren't such a huge fan, I'd revert to college & local football support.

DoktorSmith
09-25-2000, 11:48 AM
I look at it like I would hate someone to do it to the Chiefs...I get mad as hell when I see the Mile High Salute but at least that is pretty mild act and actually I like it because it's not that flashy...but what Owens did, Cowgirls or not...was uncalled for at least the second time.... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/mad.gif

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."

Kckrazy
09-25-2000, 11:51 AM
What will it take for the CowGirls to get themselves motivated ?

THAT wasn't enough. Looks like everyone will be piling on now. (HeeHee)

CASHMAN
09-25-2000, 11:53 AM
There's nothing wrong with the Mile High Salute... hell, it's just like the Gonzo dunk on the FG. I have no problem with it.

They should have penalized Owens the FIRST time. Then, Smith does it with his helmet off.

So, I have no problem with what Teague did after the second incident. Was it right? No, but there are other ways to say "In your face and in your house."

Hell, if Teague made that kind of hit more often on Sunday, maybe Dallas would have won the game. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

redbrian
09-25-2000, 11:54 AM
I would have punched my TV had Owens done that against the Chiefs, but it was so incredibly egotisical and over-the-top that I had to laugh my *** off...I laughed even harder when Teague wiped him out.

Why do I get the feeling that the XFL will actually ENCOURAGE such behavior?

darkchief
09-25-2000, 11:57 AM
If there was a team that deserved to be taunted at home, it was the Cowboys. If I were Terrell Owens, I would have dropped my pants & taken a leak right on that Cowboys star(or at least done a Bennie Thompson leg hike on it).

DoktorSmith
09-25-2000, 12:39 PM
Mile High, I agree...the salute is one of the classier things teams do to celebrate...still like understatement best though...like Sander, or Peyton or Allen...score the TD and drop the ball and run back to the sidelines...to me that is more a slap in the face then the dances and all the other crap...

AustinChief
09-25-2000, 12:53 PM
I din't see it. What did he exactly do?

------------------
~Duckaholic~
[i]Shoot 'em in the lips</I>

AustinChief
09-25-2000, 02:18 PM
Anyone?

------------------
~Duckaholic~
[i]Shoot 'em in the lips</I>

chiefsfan58
09-25-2000, 05:44 PM
I can't stand the plowboys, but what Owens did was BS. If that clown would have done that to the Chiefs, I would like to think one of the players would give him a good smack to let him know "You don't ever do that in our house Punk."

I hope Jones has the balls to pay Teagues fine for him............he should!

Baby Lee
09-25-2000, 05:53 PM
He's been suspended by the 49ers for one game and fined $24,000 I think it was.

CarolinaChief
09-25-2000, 06:08 PM
Did everyone forget that Emmitt did the exact same thing? Although it was sickening, Owens HIT noone. If Teague had hurt Owens in any way, I would hope he would have been banned from the NFL for life(ha). I mean, Owens acts were dispicable, but the Cowboys were even worse.

------------------
GO PITT!

Cannibal
09-25-2000, 06:38 PM
Actually Teague is being looked upon as a kind of hero around the league it seems, even here in the Bay. One talk show host up here called him one of his two favorite players in the NFL because of the way he took it to Owens (the other being Chrebet for shutting up Keyshawn).

WarPaint
09-25-2000, 06:42 PM
Duckdog,

Owens scored a TD, ran all the way out to the 50 on the Dallas Star, placed the ball in the center and kind of stared at the crowd.

The next drive Emmitt scored, ran to the star, placed the ball down and said this our house!

Later in the game (when it was out of reach) Owens scored again. Once again he ran out to the 50, however this time as he laid the ball down Teague (Dallas) ran up and hit him. A little bruhaha ensued.

redshirt32
09-25-2000, 08:16 PM
Did everyone see this in the ESPN article concerning the incident:

"Raiders receiver Andre Rison said he had dinner with Owens at a San Francisco restaurant Sunday night, and "we laughed about it," Rison said.

"I don't think Terrell was wrong," he said. "Everybody has their own emotions."

Birds of a feather flock together....

mmaddog

------------------
"When you're not the lead dog in the pack, the view is always the same"

AustinChief
09-25-2000, 08:19 PM
Joe - Teague got what he deserved. You don't hit another man when the play is dead. Some rules are so basic that no excuse works. This is one of them.

I don't like the unnecessary celebrating myself. Point in fact, Crockett looked like a freaking idiot with his pump up motions for simple coverages and tackles after long gains - especially so because they lost. But if someone hit Crockett after his celebrating he should be ejected.

CarolinaChief
09-25-2000, 08:34 PM
Amen, Wolfman.

------------------
GO PITT!

G_Man
09-25-2000, 08:38 PM
Like PITT never has acted like that at a game????? i remember a game at MSSC a few years ago that the gorilas got into a fist fight before the game and oh its true its true. just a little fun GORILA MAN, do you remember that game??? i was at it good game.

------------------
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS 2-2!!!!! SEAHAWKS NEXT W????

CarolinaChief
09-25-2000, 08:50 PM
That's awesome, dude. I totally forgot about that. I don't even remember who won, but I remember the brawl. Helmets a-swingin', fists a-pumpin, awful turf a-smellin'....Yeah, eject all of 'em!!!!

------------------
GO PITT!

G_Man
09-25-2000, 08:57 PM
Were you at that game ???? i was and it was a good one ol RON MOORE had agood game and do you remember marcus rodgers 4 MSSC??????

alanm
09-26-2000, 08:14 AM
I have seriously mixed emotions on this one.

On the one hand, Teague should have been ejected and fined for his hit on Owens. It was definitely beyond the bounds of the game.

On the other hand, Teague was right to defend his turf. You do not let anyone pull that crap in your house. This also was beyond the bounds of the game.

If I were Jones <shudder>, I would pay Teague’s fine and I would let it be known that I would pay any and all fines resulting from a player abusing the symbol in the center of the field.

The next time someone tried that crap, I would hope that every player on the home team piled on him and beat him to a bloody pulp. If that means I have to play the rest of the game with my scrubs, so be it.

xoxo~
gaz
willing to pay the price for defending his turf.<BR>

The-Chief
09-26-2000, 12:45 PM
How is Owens' behavior any different (except for location) than the various individual or group, endzone or endzone celebrations to which fans have become accustomed?

Would such behavior be more acceptable were Owens to demonstrate it on his home field instead? Would it have been more acceptable had Owens remained in the endzone and assumed the same posture?

Was Smith's retaliatory behavior after he scored acceptable because he was "protecting his turf?"

According to Owens, his behavior was spontaneous, not planned in advance like many of the endzone dances you see.

Yes, many considered Owens' behavior a large insult; still, I prefer that to all the after-I-score-I'm-going-dance-this-way-poorly-choreographed stuff that is done.

To me it is all the same.

DoktorSmith
09-26-2000, 03:49 PM
Raider Corp,

The first time you could say was spontaneous, but the second time was planned...he said himself he was trying to get back at Emmitt...planned or not it was an uncalled for celebration...when you score and go crazy in the end zone you might have your planned dance and all the other crap but to run to the middle of the field...too much...I wouldn't want to see someone run to the middle of arrowhead would you?...

Last night Jaworski said it best...he didn't think the league or 49s or Cowboys should fine or suspend anyone...in his day he said it would be taken care of on the field...the next time they played, Owens would probably get a nice forearm to the head or something...on the other hand...Jackson said the only thing Teague did wrong was missing a clean hit on Owens...he thinks he should have been taken out and I mean out....

Too bad they're not in the same divsion...I'd love to see the next time they play... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------
joe

Fat Homer
09-26-2000, 03:54 PM
Owens behaved like an *** ... then Emitt Smith behaved like an *** (per his norm)... then Teague behaved like an *** .

If these jerkies don't learn any better from their current fines/suspensions, next time boot them for 2 or more games w/o pay. (never happen - NFLPA would s___ a brick...)