PDA

View Full Version : Football Keep f*cking doubting Damon Huard...

Pages : 1 [2] 3

DaneMcCloud
09-30-2007, 08:46 PM
When winning leads to another 1 and done in the playoffs.

When winning leads to having to wait another year to see if Croyle is really the QotF or not, while Gonzo, etc. get closer to retirement.

I guess the Packers should have found out if Aaron Rodgers was the QBOTF when Favre played badly, too?

Shouldn't the Eagles put in Kevin Kolb so they can find out if he's the future? I mean Donovan McNabb's never really won anything.

The Chiefs are winning games. Their offense is beginning to come together and the defense has the look of a championship unit. It would be extremely unwise to through away the season, just to find out if Croyle's the QBOTF.

What if he's not? Then what, you just blow off a game or two, just to find out? That's STUPID.

If Huard plays poorly, he should be yanked. But so far, he's .500 this year. If the Chiefs are .500 after 8 games and it's BECAUSE of Huard's play, pull him.

It would be ridiculous to pull if the team is performing because 10 fans want to see if Croyle could be the FUTURE, when they've got a chance to do something NOW.

a1na2
Damon Huard ... Every dog has his day.

Extra Point
Like a lot of Chiefs fans I'm sick of "winning games". I've seen "winning games" for years. Put a bandaid on it and "win some games". F**k that. I want to win PLAYOFF games. Regular season be damned.

Hey, man. You can't back into the playoffs without "winning games" during the reg. season. :)

BigMeatballDave
09-30-2007, 08:48 PM
I guess the Packers should have found out if Aaron Rodgers was the QBOTF when Favre played badly, too?

LMAO Are you really gonna compare OUR situation to That? Favre is one of the greatest of all time. Dumb analogy.

DaneMcCloud
09-30-2007, 08:50 PM
Like a lot of Chiefs fans I'm sick of "winning games". I've seen "winning games" for years. Put a bandaid on it and "win some games". F**k that. I want to win PLAYOFF games. Regular season be damned.

I'm with you but I don't think that after going 2-2 to start the season (and only the only home game was a win) that you make a change to a young, unproven QB.

If they're 4-4, then make the move. But at 2-2 with 4 out of the next 5 games at home, I don't think it's time.

DaneMcCloud
09-30-2007, 08:52 PM
LMAO Are you really gonna compare OUR situation to That? Favre is one of the greatest of all time. Dumb analogy.

Well, it wasn't so dumb when Favre was throwing more interceptions than touchdowns a few years back.

Why do you think that Rodgers was drafted by Green Bay in the first round? To sit on the bench for 4 years?

DaneMcCloud
09-30-2007, 08:53 PM
I've been a fan since the early 80's, I know what the end result is.

Oh wow, the early 80's?

Try being a lifelong fan, going to games and at Municipal at Arrowhead in the early 70's, then get back to me.

Rasputin
09-30-2007, 09:01 PM
I'm happy for Damon Huard, hell yes. I still want Croyle to be playing he imo is the better QB for the long hall. I'll take a win over loss any day with whoever is QB. Damon showed alot more poise today than he has the last 3 weeks I think he got some confidence in his arm and decision making. This is all good for KC Chiefs and we can build from our success today.

I think D Bowe made J. Russell look good and now he is making Huard look good. D Bowe will make any QB look good. Play on Huard, now we know he can do it. No excuse here on out. I'm not going to jump on the Huard bandwagon yet, but if he continues to play good and we are winning then I wont be upset that he is our QB. We better be more than just one and done though.

I'm stoked about our win today!!! :arrow: PBJ PBJ PBJ

Dartgod
09-30-2007, 09:07 PM
INSPITE OF HUARD! He's done absolutely NOTHING to help this team than any other QB couldn't do. Grossman could've done a better job today...
This is so ****ing retarted, that anything else this guy posts should be considered immaterial.

Dartgod
09-30-2007, 09:09 PM
He did NOTHING to earn this win. TG and DB did. Period.
As if I needed further proof.

Simplex3
09-30-2007, 09:11 PM
I'm with you but I don't think that after going 2-2 to start the season (and only the only home game was a win) that you make a change to a young, unproven QB.

If they're 4-4, then make the move. But at 2-2 with 4 out of the next 5 games at home, I don't think it's time.
My greatest fear for this season is coming true. The AFC West sucks, so we'll never be out of the hunt for the division crown, and that ever-coveted playoff ass-beating. As long as we're in the hunt we'll keep playing Huard. At the end of the year we still don't know what we have with Croyle, so we don't know if we need to address QB in the draft or free agency. We start '08 still not knowing what we do or don't have at QB.

At some point you have to find out what you have with your young future players, especially your QB. Dallas started an undrafted free agent at QB last year, that's working out Ok for them now. Denver is "suffering" through their young guy's growing pains, but his timing with that rookie WR they drafted is getting scary good. Both teams have won Super Bowls in my lifetime.

...but we won this week.

jidar
09-30-2007, 09:13 PM
Huard has a noodle arm and shit accuracy, god I was screaming at the TV when bounced that pass off of the dudes helmet, but he did get into a rhythm and make some plays with some good help from the receivers.

In fact at the end of the day he didn't make all the boneheaded throws that Rivers did and we kept the turnover ratio favorable. I guess that's why he's starting, and I guess he earned himself another week at least.

DaneMcCloud
09-30-2007, 09:41 PM
My greatest fear for this season is coming true. The AFC West sucks, so we'll never be out of the hunt for the division crown, and that ever-coveted playoff ass-beating. As long as we're in the hunt we'll keep playing Huard. At the end of the year we still don't know what we have with Croyle, so we don't know if we need to address QB in the draft or free agency. We start '08 still not knowing what we do or don't have at QB.

At some point you have to find out what you have with your young future players, especially your QB. Dallas started an undrafted free agent at QB last year, that's working out Ok for them now. Denver is "suffering" through their young guy's growing pains, but his timing with that rookie WR they drafted is getting scary good. Both teams have won Super Bowls in my lifetime.

...but we won this week.

Regardless of whether or not Croyle plays (or even plays well), the Chiefs need to draft another QB in the first three rounds next year.

This franchise has a woeful record of preparing for the future and if it takes 2-3 seasons to get the next QB ready, then they should draft one in 2008. Along with offensive lineman (early and often).

Keep in mind that Romo sat on the bench and learned for 3.5 years. Parcells didn't rush him and even said that Romo would have been out of the league had he started him in his first or second year. QB development takes time.

I *wish* that Croyle had won the job outright in training camp, but he didn't. For now, it's Huard's team. A little more seasoning for Croyle won't hurt him because regardless of this year's outcome (unless it's a Super Bowl), it's Croyle's team in 2008.

PunkinDrublic
09-30-2007, 09:49 PM
Regardless of whether or not Croyle plays (or even plays well), the Chiefs need to draft another QB in the first three rounds next year.

This franchise has a woeful record of preparing for the future and if it takes 2-3 seasons to get the next QB ready, then they should draft one in 2008. Along with offensive lineman (early and often).

Keep in mind that Romo sat on the bench and learned for 3.5 years. Parcells didn't rush him and even said that Romo would have been out of the league had he started him in his first or second year. QB development takes time.

I *wish* that Croyle had won the job outright in training camp, but he didn't. For now, it's Huard's team. A little more seasoning for Croyle won't hurt him because regardless of this year's outcome (unless it's a Super Bowl), it's Croyle's team in 2008.

I completely agree. It's one thing if we're talking about a QB drafted in the first round but I think for a guy drafted later on you have to take a little more time for him to develop. Especially for a guy like Romo who was undrafted and came out of a small program. I think next year Croyle will have mastered learning the offense and will be ready to go.

nychief
09-30-2007, 09:53 PM
tyler thigpen

Frosty
10-01-2007, 08:12 AM
Like Derek Anderson in Cleveland?

Exactly like DA. A young buck that has been biding his time on the bench since he came into the league a couple of years ago finally gets a chance to show his stuff and shines.

Oh wait... For some reason you were comparing DA to Huard. :rolleyes:

Lzen
10-01-2007, 09:45 AM
The interception is on Bowe. Huard played a GREAT game.

Nope. The throw was too high. Which happens to be a Huard trait a lot of times. I challenge you to go back and watch that play again.

Lzen
10-01-2007, 09:52 AM
Understandable. But he only backed up two of the greatest QBs in the game, Marino and Brady. Pretty damn hard to get playing time over those guys. Just saying....

You know, I'm getting tired of this argument. It's weak. Do you know why? If Huard were really that good, another team would have signed him to be their starter a long time ago.

Lzen
10-01-2007, 09:58 AM

That's pretty much how I feel. Hey, I'm glad that we won the game. I would much rather see the Chiefs win than lose. And I'll give Huard some credit. He did make some decent plays out there. But he also made a bunch of mistakes. My biggest fear is that come playoffs time, he will make the same mistakes and lose in the first round. That is, of course, if we make the playoffs. If he can somehow figure out how to minimize those mistakes and continue to improve, then I'll be happy. But if we go 1 and done in the playoffs again, I will consider it another wasted year.

DaneMcCloud
10-01-2007, 10:10 AM
That's pretty much how I feel. Hey, I'm glad that we won the game. I would much rather see the Chiefs win than lose. And I'll give Huard some credit. He did make some decent plays out there. But he also made a bunch of mistakes. My biggest fear is that come playoffs time, he will make the same mistakes and lose in the first round. That is, of course, if we make the playoffs. If he can somehow figure out how to minimize those mistakes and continue to improve, then I'll be happy. But if we go 1 and done in the playoffs again, I will consider it another wasted year.

So if the Chiefs lose to the Colts or Patriots in the first round, that's a wasted year? Two teams with superior talent and coaching? What about Pittsburgh? If they were to lose to the Steelers in the first round, that's a waste, too?

I don't think so.

The Chiefs are in a rebuilding mode. The offensive line is on the wrong side of 30. After 8 years of poor defensive play, they're finally executing like the Chiefs defenses of the early 90's. This team is not yet complete, yet they are beginning to compete at a high level.

IF the Chiefs continue to play well and waste an opportunity in the playoffs to beat an inferior team, that would suck. But if they're the sixth seed again and lose while rebuilding, that will only make for a stronger team next year.

Especially since they'll have younger offensive lineman and Brodie Croyle as the starter.

Lzen
10-01-2007, 10:16 AM
So if the Chiefs lose to the Colts or Patriots in the first round, that's a wasted year? Two teams with superior talent and coaching? What about Pittsburgh? If they were to lose to the Steelers in the first round, that's a waste, too?

I don't think so.

The Chiefs are in a rebuilding mode. The offensive line is on the wrong side of 30. After 8 years of poor defensive play, they're finally executing like the Chiefs defenses of the early 90's. This team is not yet complete, yet they are beginning to compete at a high level.

IF the Chiefs continue to play well and waste an opportunity in the playoffs to beat an inferior team, that would suck. But if they're the sixth seed again and lose while rebuilding, that will only make for a stronger team next year.

Especially since they'll have younger offensive lineman and Brodie Croyle as the starter.

First, if the Colts or Pats are playing the Chiefs in the first round (wild card round), then those teams are not as good as you say.

All I'm saying is that if you get to the playoffs only to lose, then what is the point? Sure, playoff experience is good for a young team. But it does the team no good to get to the playoffs and the only thing you get out of it is a worse draft pick than you could have gotten.

I don't know if Croyle is ready. I would have preferred to just start him from the beginning. It's probably too late now. That is, unless Huard continues to make stupid mistakes and it causes the team to lose games. If Huard helps them win, then he will remain the starter and I won't complain too much.

Hammock Parties
10-14-2007, 02:35 PM
The title of the thread says it all....

F*ck you doubters. He plays with heart, and he continues to get the job done. You people who bash Huard, I don't even consider true fans. He plays his heart out every Sunday, and you continue to bash him...

Keep bashing him, I'll keep backing him.

Reerun_KC
10-14-2007, 02:36 PM
We will...

Horrid will take this team no where and totally ruined a great sunday by playing today...

My new nickname for him is "Stay Down Bitch!"

BigMeatballDave
10-14-2007, 02:37 PM

F*ck you doubters. He plays with heart, and he continues to get the job done. You people who bash Huard, I don't even consider true fans. He plays his heart out every Sunday, and you continue to bash him...

Keep bashing him, I'll keep backing him.Yay, he played good against Career Day II defense.

Be prepared to watch the Raiders hand his ass to him...

Hammock Parties
10-14-2007, 02:39 PM
Be prepared to watch the Raiders hand his ass to him...

Keep f*cking doubting Damon Huard...

banyon
10-14-2007, 02:42 PM

You really are Carl's butt boy, huh? Pulling the "real fans" card. :shake:

FAX
10-14-2007, 02:43 PM

Otay.

FAX

Frankie
10-14-2007, 02:45 PM
Keep bashing him, I'll keep backing into him.
Fixed your post. :p

BigMeatballDave
10-14-2007, 02:46 PM
Fixed your post. :pLMAO

Valiant
10-14-2007, 02:47 PM

Its alright, nobody even considers you human..

And any QB could do well against Cinci..

dirk digler
10-14-2007, 02:48 PM

I will say this Huard is one tough SOB and he is not willing to give up the starting position without a fight and I admire that.

The problem is gochiefs is that the reason why so many people want Croyle to start is because we feel we aren't winning shit this year anyway so why not let the young kid play this year and find out what he has.

Do you think the Chiefs can beat the Pats or the Colts this year. If not Croyle should play. We are just wasting time otherwise.

Hammock Parties
10-14-2007, 02:51 PM
I will say this Huard is one tough SOB and he is not willing to give up the starting position without a fight and I admire that.

The problem is gochiefs is that the reason why so many people want Croyle to start is because we feel we aren't winning shit this year anyway so why not let the young kid play this year and find out what he has.

Do you think the Chiefs can beat the Pats or the Colts this year. If not Croyle should play. We are just wasting time otherwise.

I have been very clear on this. Croyle does not need to be out there with the running game sucking so badly and the pass blocking also not being too great right now. It's a horrible situation and he's not going to do well. We need a veteran in there to play Pinata. See you next year Croyle.

dirk digler
10-14-2007, 02:56 PM
I have been very clear on this. Croyle does not need to be out there with the running game sucking so badly and the pass blocking also not being too great right now. It's a horrible situation and he's not going to do well. We need a veteran in there to play Pinata. See you next year Croyle.

I disagree completely. Yeah the running game sucks so this is where you can see if he can handle the pressure.

So basically this year and next we are wasting time and aren't going to do shit?

BRILLANT!!

Rasputin
10-14-2007, 02:56 PM
I'm gonna keep doubting Damon Huard...

Geez he's gonna get a receiver killed out their.
Sammie Parker had no chance and got jacked up and it was because Huard gets the ball to the receiver too late. Over and over he gets the ball to the receivers too late and or too high they have to make an adjustment to catch it.

D Bowe once again saved a pass from being INT.

Huad Sucks.

Oh that was a pathetic D from the Bengles. I expected Huard to have a good game against a pathetic D like the Bengles.

BigMeatballDave
10-14-2007, 02:57 PM
I have been very clear on this. Croyle does not need to be out there with the running game sucking so badly and the pass blocking also not being too great right now. It's a horrible situation and he's not going to do well. We need a veteran in there to play Pinata. See you next year Croyle.So, you agree this is a wasted season?

DFB
10-14-2007, 02:58 PM
Wasted season? We're tied for first! (after SD beats Oak)

Hammock Parties
10-14-2007, 02:58 PM
I disagree completely. Yeah the running game sucks so this is where you can see if he can handle the pressure.

No. That's an awful idea. It's putting WAY too much pressure on him. It might ruin him. You'd be asking him to carry the offense essentially. Unfair, completely unfair to put that expectation on a second-year player.

Hammock Parties
10-14-2007, 02:59 PM
So, you agree this is a wasted season?

I'm enjoying this season. If you aren't, find another sport to watch.

BigMeatballDave
10-14-2007, 02:59 PM
Wasted season? We're tied for first! (after SD beats Oak)LMAO

dirk digler
10-14-2007, 03:00 PM
Wasted season? We're tied for first! (after SD beats Oak)

Can we beat the Colts or Pats? yes or no?

If no it is a wasted season

Smed1065
I thought I saw several open possible receivers still today from a previous Huard supporter.

old_geezer

Trouble is, he has NEVER gotten the job done. He is a career backup QB; he's past his non-existant prime; and he is now one of the worst starting QB's in the NFL. It's time to move on.

There is an entire group of people out there who dislike Huard much worse than any of us do however; PETA absolutely hates Huard because he is responsible for more wounded ducks than any human alive.

DFB
10-14-2007, 03:01 PM
Can we beat the Colts or Pats? yes or no?

If no it is a wasted season

Yes.

Happy?

Look, I don't know if we can or not. But I sure as hell want the chance to find out! And I sure as hell want another division title!

A division title and the playoffs is not a wasted season!

BigMeatballDave
10-14-2007, 03:01 PM
I'm enjoying this season. If you aren't, find another sport to watch.Actually, due to Huard playing, I decided a month ago to devote most of my attention to college ball. FAR more excitment.

Hammock Parties
10-14-2007, 03:02 PM
With this defense, and Huard playing as well as he is right now....we'll be in every game. INCLUDING GAMES AGAINST NEW ENGLAND AND INDIANAPOLIS!!!

DFB
Trouble is, he has NEVER gotten the job done. He is a career backup QB; he's past his non-existant prime; and he is now one of the worst starting QB's in the NFL. It's time to move on.

There is an entire group of people out there who dislike Huard much worse than any of us do however; PETA absolutely hates Huard because he is responsible for more wounded ducks than any human alive.

25-35, 264, 2 tubs. He's terrible....wait....what?! :banghead:

dirk digler
No. That's an awful idea. It's putting WAY too much pressure on him. It might ruin him. You'd be asking him to carry the offense essentially. Unfair, completely unfair to put that expectation on a second-year player.

What makes you think next year we will run the ball any better than this year?

Either he has IT or not.

Hammock Parties
10-14-2007, 03:03 PM
Actually, due to Huard playing, I decided a month ago to devote most of my attention to college ball. FAR more excitment.

I'm sad for you, man. If you can't enjoying watching a quarterback throw for 265 yards and 2 TDs, you have issues.

Hammock Parties
10-14-2007, 03:03 PM
What makes you think next year we will run the ball any better than this year?

Either he has IT or not.

I'm assuming we'll upgrade the offensive line.

dirk digler
10-14-2007, 03:05 PM
Yes.

Happy?

Look, I don't know if we can or not. But I sure as hell want the chance to find out! And I sure as hell want another division title!

A division title and the playoffs is not a wasted season!

We are not going to win the division we will be lucky to finish 3rd. We finish the season with the last 3 out of 4 on the road which equals 1-3 coming down the stretch.

BigMeatballDave
10-14-2007, 03:05 PM
I'm sad for you, man. If you can't enjoying watching a quarterback throw for 265 yards and 2 TDs, you have issues.Taken with a grain of salt against a HORRIBLE D.

dirk digler
10-14-2007, 03:06 PM
With this defense, and Huard playing as well as he is right now....we'll be in every game. INCLUDING GAMES AGAINST NEW ENGLAND AND INDIANAPOLIS!!!

LMAO

The Pats would destroy us 56-7

Otter
10-14-2007, 03:06 PM
I'm sad for you, man. If you can't enjoying watching a quarterback throw for 265 yards and 2 TDs, you have issues.

ROFL

That's like J. Edgar Hoover making fun of somebody for cross dressing.

Hammock Parties
10-14-2007, 03:08 PM
LMAO

The Pats would destroy us 56-7

With our defense, we'll be in every game. Count on it.

dirk digler
I'm assuming we'll upgrade the offensive line.

We already spent money on it this year with little to show.

We basically need to move McIntosh to RT, draft or sign a TRUE LT, we need a new center or let Rudy play, and we need a starting NFL guard.

Well see but I am not holding my breath on that.

old_geezer
25-35, 264, 2 tubs. He's terrible....wait....what?! :banghead:

He actually had a decent game this week. That's why we're having this discussion now. But 1 good game every month or so isn't going to accomplish much of anything. He was, and still is, a career backup who plays just like what he is.

Mosbonian
F*ck you doubters. He plays with heart, and he continues to get the job done. You people who bash Huard, I don't even consider true fans. He plays his heart out every Sunday, and you continue to bash him....

GC:

I know all you are doing here is a little "attention-whoring".....but let me add my .02.

The above excuse/remark/attempt at humor is about as smart as passing around the same condom at a gang bang.

mmaddog

Hammock Parties
10-14-2007, 03:09 PM
We already spent money on it this year with little to show.

We basically need to move McIntosh to RT, draft or sign a TRUE LT, we need a new center or let Rudy play, and we need a starting NFL guard.

Well see but I am not holding my breath on that.

Finding one tackle and one guard can be done in an offseason. I think that would be enough with Niswanger replacing Wiegmann.

dirk digler
10-14-2007, 03:10 PM
With our defense, we'll be in every game. Count on it.

Our defense is good but I don't think we would do much on offense against those guys. Hell Dallas is a million times better on offense and they can't do shit against them so far.

Hammock Parties
10-14-2007, 03:10 PM
GC:

I know all you are doing here is a little "attention-whoring".....but let me add my .02.

The above excuse/remark/attempt at humor is about as smart as passing around the same condom at a gang bang.

mmaddog

Oh...shit...I'm going to regret bumping this thread! SHIT! SOMEONE CALL THE POLICE I NEED PROTECTION FROM THE HUARD HATERS!!!!

the Talking Can
10-14-2007, 03:12 PM
haha

goatsex playing the True Fan card....you can't get any lower than that... ROFL

dirk digler
10-14-2007, 03:13 PM
Finding one tackle and one guard can be done in an offseason. I think that would be enough with Niswanger replacing Wiegmann.

The problem is they knew there were problems coming into this season and they chose not to do anything about it except to sign McIntosh which isn't much. He is a horrible run blocker.

DFB
He actually had a decent game this week. That's why we're having this discussion now. But 1 good game every month or so isn't going to accomplish much of anything. He was, and still is, a career backup who plays just like what he is.

Actually, he had a good game against Minnesota, against San Diego, and today. It's no fluke.

35 pass attempts, 34 rushes. Balance is the key.

Rasputin
Goat C go watch the Pats / Dallas game, watch a real team and QB....

Hammock Parties
10-14-2007, 03:14 PM
Actually, he had a good game against Minnesota, against San Diego, and today. It's no fluke.

35 pass attempts, 34 rushes. Balance is the key.

Amazing what our offense can do with a little running game! WHERE ARE THE HUARD HATERS THIS WEEK?

Hammock Parties
10-14-2007, 03:14 PM
The problem is they knew there were problems coming into this season and they chose not to do anything about it except to sign McIntosh which isn't much. He is a horrible run blocker.

They whiffed on Welbourn and the RT situation. Honest mistake. Let's hope they can address it with a second chance at attacking it.

Mosbonian
10-14-2007, 03:16 PM
Oh...shit...I'm going to regret bumping this thread! SHIT! SOMEONE CALL THE POLICE I NEED PROTECTION FROM THE HUARD HATERS!!!!

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Now I know you bumped this for the attention....

mmaddog

cdcox
10-14-2007, 03:16 PM

You said last week that Jacksonville was a better team. We weren't really in that game. NE and Indy are level or two better than Jax. Show a little bit of knowledge, objectivity and consistency in your opinions.

banyon
10-14-2007, 03:17 PM
Amazing what our offense can do with a little running game! WHERE ARE THE HUARD HATERS THIS WEEK?

Who are you thinking of who's not posting?

DFB
10-14-2007, 03:17 PM
Goat C go watch the Pats / Dallas game, watch a real team and QB....

You mean the guy that just fumbled for a defensive touchdown? :p

cdcox
10-14-2007, 03:18 PM

Niswanger can't even force Wiegmann to the bench this year. How is that an upgrade?

And McIntosh got owned today.

DFB

The difference this week is gameplanning and execution. Balance in the playcalling and owned TOP. Everybody played well. Especially Huard.

I did think our run blocking was better this week, but the pass blocking was giving up way too much pressure. Like a reversal from last week.

Hammock Parties
You said last week that Jacksonville was a better team. We weren't really in that game. NE and Indy are level or two better than Jax. Show a little bit of knowledge, objectivity and consistency in your opinions.

We were in that game until they scored the last TD. I personally don't think NE and Indy's defenses are quite as good as Jacksonville's, especially not Indy's. I guess we'll see in a few weeks. I think we can play with Indy. We did in the playoffs...

Hammock Parties
10-14-2007, 03:19 PM
Niswanger can't even force Wiegmann to the bench this year. How is that an upgrade?

And McIntosh got owned today.

Niswanger is young give him time. McIntosh played better after the first quarter...dunno why he became I-65 for a quarter.

kcxiv
10-14-2007, 03:21 PM
I guess he had to warm up get a feel for the rusher. We still need to freaking block better while running the ball.

Huard had a good game. He is what he is though. A qb that cant get away from the slightest rush.

Hootie
10-14-2007, 03:21 PM
I guess he had to warm up get a feel for the rusher. We still need to freaking block better while running the ball.

Huard had a good game. He is what he is though. A qb that cant get away from the slightest rush.
still does a better job of it than trINT

Hammock Parties
10-14-2007, 03:22 PM

I saw him run away from a defender today and ad-lib a short pass to Michael Bennett.

cdcox
10-14-2007, 03:23 PM
Niswanger is young give him time. McIntosh played better after the first quarter...dunno why he became I-65 for a quarter.

So in your grand scheme, do we play a 35 yo Damon Huard next year (QBs fail catastrophically at some age) or a completely raw Brodie Croyle?

DFB
10-14-2007, 03:24 PM
Surprised no one has brought up Damon's bomb to Gonzo for a TD. The one that sealed the game.

Hootie
10-14-2007, 03:25 PM
So in your grand scheme, do we play a 35 yo Damon Huard next year (QBs fail catastrophically at some age) or a completely raw Brodie Croyle?
every year Brodie sits on the bench he can absorb information and become more prepared mentally for the day he finally gets his chance =)

We aren't financially involved with Croyle like other teams like San Diego were with Rivers...

Hootie
Surprised no one has brought up Damon's bomb to Gonzo for a TD. The one that sealed the game.
Tony Gonzalez SAVED him...HORRIBLE DUCK PASS

dirk digler
We were in that game until they scored the last TD. I personally don't think NE and Indy's defenses are quite as good as Jacksonville's, especially not Indy's. I guess we'll see in a few weeks. I think we can play with Indy. We did in the playoffs...

LMAO

You do realize that NE is ranked #2 in D and the Colts are #6

DFB
10-14-2007, 03:26 PM
I like what Washington has done with Jason Campbell. He sat for awhile, learned, absorbed. Now he is in, playing well, and has full control of the team. Of course, he was also a first round pick.

banyon
10-14-2007, 03:27 PM
LMAO

You do realize that NE is ranked #2 in D and the Colts are #6

That's okay. Those defenses haven't faced the juggernaut offenses we've faced. Uh, right? :)

BigMeatballDave
Surprised no one has brought up Damon's bomb to Gonzo for a TD. The one that sealed the game.I admitted in the game thread that it was a nice throw.

dirk digler

I did in the game thread.

I thought it was a great play call and a great throw by Huard.

I am not bashing Huard I just don't like wasting time playing the guy when we need to find out if Croyle is the real deal or not.

DFB
10-14-2007, 03:28 PM
Tony Gonzalez SAVED him...HORRIBLE DUCK PASS

If someone does say that, my head will explode. That was a great long DOWNFIELD pass by Huard. :clap:

Seriously, what more does the guy have to prove? Honestly. Someone explain it to me. I like Brodie, but Damon is our guy right now. He proved it AGAIN today.

Hootie
10-14-2007, 03:28 PM
I like what Washington has done with Jason Campbell. He sat for awhile, learned, absorbed. Now he is in, playing well, and has full control of the team. Of course, he was also a first round pick.
they didn't start him until they fell out of contention, either =)

ChiefsLV
10-14-2007, 03:29 PM
Because the Bengals have a great defense and we'll be facing defenses as great as theirs if we make the playoffs.... :rolleyes:

Wake up people. Winning these meaningless games against shitty teams is great, but each week is another week our QBOTF doesn't get a chance to play and develop in a season the coach and GM have declared a "rebuilding" season. Come on.

DFB
10-14-2007, 03:29 PM
I admitted in the game thread that it was a nice throw.

I did in the game thread.

I thought it was a great play call and a great throw by Huard.

I am not bashing Huard I just don't like wasting time playing the guy when we need to find out if Croyle is the real deal or not.

Oh ok. I didn't read much of the game thread. It's get so damn long and unless you were reading from the beginning, it's like catching up a novel. LMAO

banyon
10-14-2007, 03:30 PM
If someone does say that, my head will explode. That was a great long DOWNFIELD pass by Huard. :clap:

Seriously, what more does the guy have to prove? Honestly. Someone explain it to me. I like Brodie, but Damon is our guy right now. He proved it AGAIN today.

I would take a couple of good games against decent defenses in a row and that might shut me up. Course, that's not happening.

Mecca
10-14-2007, 03:31 PM

Other than Campbell only sat for about a year...

DFB
10-14-2007, 03:32 PM
I would take a couple of good games against decent defenses in a row and that might shut me up. Course, that's not happening.

Ok, look at the schedule. Pick one out. And we'll see.

Micjones
10-14-2007, 03:33 PM
Huard played a great game today.

He looks pretty good with a running game, no?

Mecca
Also GoChiefs don't even bring up NE or Indy, both those teams would rape the Chiefs and laugh while doing it.

We aren't even in the same league as those teams.

Mecca

Well if we play the worst D in the league every week then he should be fine...

BigMeatballDave
10-14-2007, 03:34 PM

He looks pretty good with a running game, no?Yes, the O looked good against the leagues worst D. Shocking...

DFB
10-14-2007, 03:34 PM
Other than Campbell only sat for about a year...

Brunell also had injuries. If Brunell had been healthy, it might have been longer. But my real point is, the Skins didn't rush it. And now it'll pay off in the long run.

DFB
10-14-2007, 03:35 PM
Yes, the O looked good against the leagues worst D. Shocking...

Well, Jax was 26th against the run and we had 10 yds. So what does that say? :shrug:

DFB
10-14-2007, 03:36 PM

:D

ChiefsLV
10-14-2007, 03:38 PM
Well, Jax was 26th against the run and we had 10 yds. So what does that say? :shrug:

Please, you know those stats are inflated by a fluke first game agaisnt Tennessee. Puhlease.

HemiEd
10-14-2007, 03:39 PM
I think he threw some very precise passes this game. But then, late, he started choking and eating the ball.

dirk digler
10-14-2007, 03:39 PM
Ok, look at the schedule. Pick one out. And we'll see.

The problem is we don't play 2 good defenses back to back unless somehow Denver fixes their defense problems but I doubt that.

BigMeatballDave
10-14-2007, 03:40 PM
Well, Jax was 26th against the run and we had 10 yds. So what does that say? :shrug:That stat is misleading due a poor week 1 performance. They destroyed Houston today.

DFB
10-14-2007, 03:40 PM
The problem is we don't play 2 good defenses back to back unless somehow Denver fixes their defense problems but I doubt that.

I hope they don't. I hope it gets worse. LMAO

ChiefaRoo
10-14-2007, 03:41 PM
Also GoChiefs don't even bring up NE or Indy, both those teams would rape the Chiefs and laugh while doing it.

Well, errr, umm, actually KC is in the same league.

cdcox

Seriously, the throw was off. Gonzo was wide open. In fact if the coverage had been tighter, he still would have been wide open. The natural throw would have been toward the goal post.The pass was thrown to the outside, Gonzo changed his path to match it and made it look easy. The pass was good enough to get the job done, but it wasn't a great pass.

KcMizzou
That stat is misleading due a poor week 1 performance. They destroyed Houston today.Jax is good...
Better than anyone thought.

ChiefsLV
10-14-2007, 03:42 PM

Let me get this right. You think our offense "played" with Indy in the playoffs? The game where we didn't get a first down till midway through the 3rd quarter? Please tell me I'm just misunderstanding you.

DFB
10-14-2007, 03:42 PM
Well, errr, umm, actually KC is in the same league.

ROFL

DFB
10-14-2007, 03:44 PM
Jax is good...
Better than anyone thought.

No argument here. I think they are a playoff team. We might see those bastards again.

But of course, GC said the same thing about Jax after the loss and he was castrated. :shake:

DFB
10-14-2007, 03:46 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172251

:D

thehead
10-14-2007, 03:48 PM
True Hater

Good game Huard , ok I said it :hmmm:

OnTheWarpath15
10-14-2007, 03:49 PM

It says they had a bad first game against Tennessee and gave up 175 to Chris Brown.

IIRC, one of the pregame shows said they've given up 175 in their other 4 games combined.

DFB
10-14-2007, 03:49 PM
True Hater

Good game Huard , ok I said it :hmmm:

:clap:

banyon
10-14-2007, 03:51 PM
every year Brodie sits on the bench he can absorb information and become more prepared mentally for the day he finally gets his chance =)

We aren't financially involved with Croyle like other teams like San Diego were with Rivers...

If we sit him long enough, he might learn enough to be the next Damon Huard!

KcMizzou
10-14-2007, 03:51 PM
Huard played well.

I'm not crazy about his physical talent, but he's a savvy vet.

headsnap
10-14-2007, 03:52 PM

That's exactly what Gochiefs and his other three log-ins can't figure out...

DFB
10-14-2007, 03:53 PM
Huard played well.

You're right. Damon's 34 years old. His Vince Young days are gone. But make no mistake, the guy can play. He showed it again today.

DFB
10-14-2007, 03:54 PM
That's exactly what Gochiefs and his other three log-ins can't figure out...

But how are you "wasting time"...?? We're in first place with almost half the season over!

BigMeatballDave
No argument here. I think they are a playoff team. We might see those bastards again.

But of course, GC said the same thing about Jax after the loss and he was castrated. :shake:LMAO @ you suggesting this team will make the play-offs. Too bad we can't play Cinci every week...

cdcox
You're right. Damon's 34 years old. His Vince Young days are gone. But make no mistake, the guy can play. He showed it again today.

Damon Huard had Vince Young days? I must have missed that.

DFB
10-14-2007, 03:55 PM
LMAO @ you suggesting this team will make the play-offs. Too bad we can't play Cinci every week...

Have you seen the division? We can win it.

DFB
10-14-2007, 03:55 PM
Damon Huard had Vince Young days? I must have missed that.

ROFL ROFL Ok, ok, so that wasn't the BEST analogy. But you get the point. :)

DFB
10-14-2007, 03:56 PM
Speaking of VY...two words:

Madden Curse.

Smed1065
10-14-2007, 04:12 PM

So he still is on the team?

Dumbazz

I guess we can compare them to anyone not here like Tony, Brady, Manning?

Get a grip.

Smed1065
10-14-2007, 04:15 PM
Sorry and I apologize because I forgot who the poster was.

kcfanXIII
10-14-2007, 04:17 PM
he's still shitty

Molitoth
10-14-2007, 05:03 PM
Huard still sucks.

Deberg_1990
10-14-2007, 05:04 PM
Considering how awful this O-line is at times, Huard isnt that bad. He played well today.

Tribal Warfare
10-14-2007, 05:15 PM
Huard played well.

who played against a defense that was having Defensive Linemen playing LB. St. Huard was playing against a makeshift defense. he made some decent plays but I wouldn't go overboard

Frankie
10-14-2007, 05:20 PM
We weren't in last week's game. I bet NE and Indy would roll over the Jaguars.

KcMizzou
10-14-2007, 05:23 PM
who played against a defense that was having Defensive Linemen playing LB. St. Huard was playing against a makeshift defense. he made some decent plays but I wouldn't go overboard

I don't think i did. Do you?

Deberg_1990
10-14-2007, 05:23 PM
I bet NE and Indy would roll over the Jaguars.

Not necessarily. Jags always play Indy tough.

I dont understand why people dont give the Jags more credit? Because they arnt flashy??

Thats one of the best teams in the AFC right now IMO. Solid in all phases.

FringeNC
10-14-2007, 05:24 PM
Vinny Testaverde has similar stats to the Huard today. I guess he rulz too.

KcMizzou
10-14-2007, 05:24 PM

I dont understand why people dont give the Jags more credit? Because they arnt flashy??

Thats one of the best teams in the AFC right now IMO. Solid in all phases.Absolutely.

Frankie
10-14-2007, 05:25 PM
haha

goatsex playing the True Fan card....you can't get any lower than that... ROFL
Well he did say a few months ago that he would become a Packers fan if we traded LJ to them?

OnTheWarpath15
10-14-2007, 05:26 PM

Thats one of the best teams in the AFC right now IMO. Solid in all phases.

I think a lot of it stems from them being #28 in total offense before visiting KC.

They've since gotten things rolling. Defense has never been a problem.

They'll be a 5 seed in the AFC.

OnTheWarpath15
10-14-2007, 05:27 PM
Vinny Testaverde has similar stats to the Huard today. I guess he rulz too.

Against a much better defense.

Frankie
10-14-2007, 05:28 PM
No. We lost 17-7, but we were lucky it wasn't worse on the scoreboard.

Frankie
10-14-2007, 05:29 PM
Low blow alert!

Frankie
10-14-2007, 05:30 PM
Gonzo was so wide open I could have completed that pass.

KcMizzou
10-14-2007, 05:31 PM
Gonzo was so wide open I could have completed that pass.I'm gonna go ahead and call bullshit on that.

Deberg_1990
10-14-2007, 05:34 PM
Ill admit, im not the biggest Huard fan in the world, but at least give the guy some credit today. He played well.

Honestly, i still havent figured out what he does particurly well, but he manages to keep his team in the game for the most part.

WHy do some of you guys hate him so much???

KcMizzou
10-14-2007, 05:36 PM
Ill admit, im not the biggest Huard fan in the world, but at least give the guy some credit today. He played well.

Honestly, i still havent figured out what he does particurly well, but he manages to always keep his team in the game for the most part.

WHy do some of you guys hate him so much???You don't have to hate one to like the other.

boogblaster
10-14-2007, 05:37 PM
About everyone picked up their game today..including Huard ....

banyon
10-14-2007, 05:39 PM

Honestly, i still havent figured out what he does particurly well, but he manages to always keep his team in the game for the most part.

WHy do some of you guys hate him so much???

Elvis Grbac
Steve Bono
Dave Krieg
Steve DeBerg

Deberg_1990
10-14-2007, 05:40 PM
Elvis Grbac
Steve Bono
Dave Krieg
Steve DeBerg

Understood....so this is more of a Carl issue than a Huard one isnt it?? DOnt hold it against Huard because Carl is just being Carl.

OnTheWarpath15
10-14-2007, 05:40 PM
You don't have to hate one to like the other.

Exactly.

I hate that management is scared to play a young QB. They can try to put off the inevitable all they want, but eventually we'll be faced with the growing pains of a young QB. Why not take your lumps in a year where expectations are and should be low?

It's not like Croyle is backing up a Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning type on a 12-4 team.

banyon
10-14-2007, 05:42 PM
Understood....so this is more of a Carl issue than a Huard one isnt it?? DOnt hold it against Huard because Carl is who we thought he was.

Absolutely. I think it's that there is no player who more perfectly embodies the mediocrity that Carl has brought about for the last 17 years.

Tribal Warfare
10-14-2007, 05:47 PM
I don't think i did. Do you?

vet savvy? Trent was vet savvy, St. Huard was servicable today

KcMizzou
10-14-2007, 05:56 PM
vet savvy? Trent was vet savvy, St. Huard was servicable todayThe one thing Huard DOES have going for him, is experience.

He's not as horrible as he's made out to be.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't rather see Croyle play.

BigMeatballDave
10-14-2007, 05:58 PM
WHy do some of you guys hate him so much???I don't hate him. I am a Huard critic, no doubt. But, my hatred is toward Herm and Carl for playing him.

wazu
10-14-2007, 06:01 PM
The one thing Huard DOES have going for him, is experience.

I completely respect this perspective. I want Croyle to play. I just think since we named Huard the starter at the beginning of the season, and since we are tied for the division lead still, I'd like to wait till we fall behind and then hand it over to the kid.

I was rooting for Croyle during training camp, but he just didn't get it done. Huard was a freaking star last year. Since they gave him the shot, I'd like to see what he can do with this team before bailing completely on the season.

If we lose to the Raiders, my resolve will start to crumble, but if we can go into the bye week 4-3, and 2-0 in the division, I'll want to see what we can do.

BigMeatballDave
10-14-2007, 06:06 PM
Huard was a freaking star last year. Thats exaggerating a bit. He played well, but a 'star'? C'mon, thats laughable...

Frankie
10-14-2007, 06:08 PM
Also GoChiefs don't even bring up NE or Indy,....

Yet. But we could be in time if we build the team right. Huard getting more playing time and Croyle sitting is not it.

Tribal Warfare
If we lose to the Raiders, my resolve will start to crumble,

I'll be apart of the mob that will call for Huard's head.

a1na2
The one thing Huard DOES have going for him, is experience.

What experience? A few games here and there. He is 3-3 this year, and has matched his losses from last year after just 6 games.

Huard is nothing more than an adequate backup.

FAX
10-14-2007, 06:14 PM
Personally, I think Damon Huard is the luckiest man in the known universe.

Bailed out on pass after pass, his weebles wobble but they don't get intercepted often, he currently owns the batted balls record, and he's working for a franchise that loves his style of play. The man poops mojo.

FAX

wazu
10-14-2007, 06:19 PM

Bailed out on pass after pass, his weebles wobble but they don't get intercepted often, he currently owns the batted balls record, and he's working for a franchise that loves his style of play. The man poops mojo.

FAX

Sounds like a winner to me.

BigMeatballDave
10-14-2007, 06:33 PM

FAXLMAO

headsnap
10-14-2007, 06:36 PM
I'll be apart of the mob that will call for Huard's head.

how far apart from that mob will you be?

;)

Logical
10-14-2007, 06:46 PM

FAX
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Hammock Parties
10-14-2007, 07:01 PM

If Brodie can't beat out a rustbucket like Huard next year...he's a bust.

Iowanian
10-14-2007, 07:03 PM
Week 6 and Damon Huard still sucks at QB.

He routinely misses seeing wide open recievers, throws the balls high and behind them, relying on circus catches from Bowe and Gonzalez....

Huard sucks balls.

chiefsfan1963
10-14-2007, 07:03 PM

Keep backing him and keep watching Pats or Indy represent the AFC for years to come!!!!!!!!! Face it KC SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!+

Hammock Parties
10-14-2007, 07:06 PM
Week 6 and Damon Huard still sucks at QB.

He routinely misses seeing wide open recievers, throws the balls high and behind them, relying on circus catches from Bowe and Gonzalez....

Huard sucks balls.

Amazing...people always found a way to GLORIFY Trent Green and his less than accurate passes...remember all those horribly underthrown balls? Hell the guy couldn't throw on the run to save his life.

KEEP ****ING DOUBTING DAMON HUARD!

Iowanian
10-14-2007, 07:11 PM
I didn't like it when Green was throwing ducks off his back foot and playing scared either.....

Huard sucks....I will keep doubting him.

Croyle could hold the ball to long and miss just as many wide open recievers, poor decisions and throws and I'd be happier watching it.

Mecca
10-14-2007, 07:12 PM
Keep backing him and keep watching Pats or Indy represent the AFC for years to come!!!!!!!!! Face it KC SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!+

That's probably going to happen anyway, this way we just don't have a chance to compete with them at all.

Hammock Parties
10-14-2007, 07:13 PM
I didn't like it when Green was throwing ducks off his back foot and playing scared either.....

Huard sucks....I will keep doubting him.

Croyle could hold the ball to long and miss just as many wide open recievers, poor decisions and throws and I'd be happier watching it.

Would you be happy watching turnovers galore? Because Huard had ZERO today and I'd be shocked if Croyle didn't turn it over three times under the same amount of pressure.

Iowanian
10-14-2007, 07:42 PM
Huard is taking this team nowhere, except a 1 year mediocre outcome. he has zero upside, zero improvement impending, and has a shitty arm with iffy accuracy.

I came into the season expecting medocre results, and i'm fine with that as long as it appears the Chiefs are building for next year. This isn't the case with Huard playing.....and I'd like to see Niswanger and some of the other young Olinemen taking some snaps.

I'll go on a limb and suggest that the Chiefs running game will improve with Croyle starting.

Hammock Parties
10-14-2007, 07:45 PM
Huard is taking this team nowhere, except a 1 year mediocre outcome. he has zero upside, zero improvement impending, and has a shitty arm with iffy accuracy.

For a guy with such a poor arm and iffy accuracy, he's doing amazing. 66 percent, 7.0 yards per attempt. Very solid numbers.

I'll go on a limb and suggest that the Chiefs running game will improve with Croyle starting.

Yeah, second-year quarterbacks do that ALL THE TIME.

Iowanian
10-14-2007, 07:51 PM
How many of those have been HORRIBLE throws that were saved by Amazing catches? I'm pretty sure YOU could throw a dozen passes to the flat a game with decent completion %s.

Croyle may not be great......he DOES have a quick release and throwing motion, has alot more zip on the ball, can make throws Huard can't, and has the arm strength that wrs won't have to stop downfield and have a smoke break waiting for it to come down behind them.

I think Croyle would take less sacks and throw more balls downfield...which could result in more turnovers, but will loosen up Defenses, which will help the running game. Defenses don't respect Huard's arm....and thats more than obvious.

Huard's TD to INT ratio is far from spectacular this season......mediocre is generous. Croyle has led the offense for 3 drives, which resulted in 2 TDs and 0 INTs.

Oh...there are young players all over the league....Trent Edwards is even gasp...a rookie. Vince Young is 2nd year.......How many years has Jason Cambell been in the league?

KCChiefsMan
10-14-2007, 07:55 PM
Huard played pretty well today, I'll give him that. But if we don't win the next 2 games, it had better be Croyle time. I mean, he better be able to play well against that defense

Hammock Parties
10-14-2007, 08:00 PM
Croyle has led the offense for 3 drives, which resulted in 2 TDs and 0 INTs.

Croyle has led the offense for three drives, with only one TD. He has also dumped the ball short for the majority of his completions.

Huard is not the checkdown king. He never was. This urban legend was borne of preseason and a two-game lull at the beginning of the season. In the last 14 quarters, Huard is averaging 8.2 yards per attempt, which ranks up there with Tony Romo and Peyton Manning. His quarterback rating during this time period is 94.9.

ROYC75
10-14-2007, 08:03 PM
Keep f*cking doubting Damon Huard....

OK, we will ......... At the start of the season, I said Huard was the one who would start when Brodie failed at his attempt in preseason.

I also said that Huard will not get us to the SB, this year, next year or the year after ........ We don't have a talented team that we can plug in any QB and win it all.

Croyle needed to start to develope for the future.

Iowanian
10-14-2007, 08:07 PM
You must be getting your information from a premium souce, because you're full of shit.

Huard is throwing into double and triple coverage, not looking off coverage, has balls slapped down by Dlinemen every effing game, takes unecessary sacks, panics and dumps the ball, misses wide open recievers, misses passes to guys 20' away and has as many or more INTs than TDs....Part of Herm's arguement is relating to LAST SEASON's ratio, and isn't the case this year.

Huard sucks. Period.

oh...Huard is averaging 7 yards per completion.......Croyle averages 8.1 and Manning is averaging 8.0.

Croyle's passer rating(admittedly limited sample set) is 104 while Huard's is 83.9.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats;jsessionid=3BFFE1789B357CD8B4885A693FBE77E1?conf=ALL&season=2007&seasonType=REG&d-447263-o=2&tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=PASSING&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=PASSING_PASSER_RATING&d-447263-n=1

Hammock Parties
10-14-2007, 08:09 PM
blablablablablabla
oh...Huard is averaging 7 yards per completion.......Croyle averages 8.1 and Manning is averaging 8.0
]

I said during the last FOURTEEN QUARTERS, numbskull, which is the relevant time period, starting with Huard's outburst at the coaching staff, which prompted an obvious change in offensive playcalling.

8.2 YPA and a 94.9 QB rating. Suck it.

Oh, he's also 3-1 in that same time period.

HUARD HAS SAVED THE SEASON!

Hootie
10-14-2007, 08:12 PM
Iowanian, you are way off...

Huard was 25-35 today and made SEVERAL good passes and FEW poor passes.

So what if he throws it to Gonzalez in double coverage...that's Tony's forte...screening off the defenders and making a catch.

We might as well fully utilize our hall of famer.

OnTheWarpath15
10-14-2007, 08:13 PM
I said during the last FOURTEEN QUARTERS, numbskull, which is the relevant time period, starting with Huard's outburst at the coaching staff, which prompted an obvious change in offensive playcalling.

8.2 YPA and a 94.9 QB rating. Suck it.

Oh, he's also 3-1 in that same time period.

Maybe Carl can petition the league to have our 1st two games removed from the record books, since they don't fall in the "relevant time period."

WHOO!

WE'RE 3-1!

Iowanian
10-14-2007, 08:13 PM
Why limit it to the past 3.5 games of a 6 game season to choose from dumbass?

Watch the effing games and Hellen Keller could see Huard's numbers have been inflated by acrobatic catches several times during a game.

Huard is entering a dangerous time to be throwing those ducks in Missouri. Its only a matter of time before fans start popping out from duck blinds and blast steel shot into those floating loafs.

L.A. Chieffan
10-14-2007, 08:14 PM

NOW WE GET TO GO 8-8!!!!!

YAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!!!

Hootie
10-14-2007, 08:15 PM

Watch the effing games and Hellen Keller could see Huard's numbers have been inflated by acrobatic catches several times during a game.
well then thank God we have good receivers, eh?

Hammock Parties
10-14-2007, 08:16 PM

Because that is when we started going downfield. There was a change in offensive strategy. Huard bitched, LJ bitched, and things changed.

14 quarters in a row is no mistake.

Hootie
10-14-2007, 08:17 PM
Because that is when we started going downfield. There was a change in offensive strategy. Huard bitched, LJ bitched, and things changed.

14 quarters in a row is no mistake.
like THE MAQ said...

It's either Super Bowl, or a waste of a season for these guys...

Apparently everyone in the AFC should tank for the draft because no one has a chance at New England or Indy...

Hammock Parties
10-14-2007, 08:18 PM
Did anyone see the stat they showed during the game today? It said the Chiefs were the third-best team in the league at converting third downs from 3 to 7 yards in length.

Basically, it says that WHEN WE RUN THE BALL, the offense is extremely efficient.

HUARD!

L.A. Chieffan
10-14-2007, 08:19 PM
like THE MAQ said...

Apparently everyone in the AFC should tank for the draft because no one has a chance at New England or Indy...

Is there a problem with that?

ARE YOU SAYING YOU DONT WANT TO WIN THE SUPERBOWL HOOTIE???

Hootie
10-14-2007, 08:20 PM
Yeah...

Really...

The Chiefs offense would be REALLY good, above average, if LJ could just consistently start getting 3-6 yard runs...

We are a good 3rd and 5 offense...we move the ball when our running game is picking up yards through the air via play-action...

With Bowe, teams can't really double up Tony too much, and it's really showing...

Our success hinges on LJ, not Huard...Huard has done a fine job this entire season.

OnTheWarpath15
10-14-2007, 08:20 PM
like THE MAQ said...

Since you seem so sure.....

I'll take New England and Indy. You take the field.

If "the field" is the AFC representative in the Super Bowl, I'll leave the Planet. And I WON'T welch.

If New England or Indy is the AFC representative in the SB, sayonara to you.

Put your money where your mouth is.

Hootie
10-14-2007, 08:22 PM
Since you seem so sure.....

I'll take New England and Indy. You take the field.

If "the field" is the AFC representative in the Super Bowl, I'll leave the Planet. And I WON'T welch.

If New England or Indy is the AFC representative in the SB, sayonara to you.

Put your money where your mouth is.
what the **** are you talking about?

I CLEARLY said New England and Indy were the cream of the crop...

Obviously one of those teams are Super Bowl bound...

Shit, the AFC Championship Game between those two might as well be the Super Bowl...

DFB
10-14-2007, 08:23 PM
Let's face it. Old, career journeymen quarterbacks suck and just can't cut in this league. Look at Damon Huard. Look at Vinny Testeverde. When's the last time THOSE guys won a game?

Oh wait....

nevermind....

OnTheWarpath15
10-14-2007, 08:24 PM
what the **** are you talking about?

I CLEARLY said New England and Indy were the cream of the crop...

Obviously one of those teams are Super Bowl bound...

Shit, the AFC Championship Game between those two might as well be the Super Bowl...

Sorry, my batteries must be dead.

It sure looked to me you were knocking people who think that the AFC is a done deal.

My apologies.

Hammock Parties
10-14-2007, 08:25 PM
Let's face it. Old, career journeymen quarterbacks suck and just can't cut in this league. Look at Damon Huard. Look at Vinny Testeverde. When's the last time THOSE guys won a game?

Oh wait....

nevermind....

DFB...come on. Dwayne Bowe and Tony Gonzalez won that game today, NOT Damon Huard.

L.A. Chieffan
10-14-2007, 08:27 PM
DFB...come on. Dwayne Bowe and Tony Gonzalez won that game today, NOT Damon Huard.
Dwayne Bowe? :spock:

Hootie
10-14-2007, 08:30 PM
he took most of the snaps at QB today, right?

Hammock Parties

You know, the guy who bailed out Huard today. Hell, did you see Bowe jump six inches off the ground for his first catch today? HORRIBLE PASS!

Hootie
You know, the guy who bailed out Huard today. Hell, did you see Bowe jump six inches off the ground for his first catch today? HORRIBLE PASS!
Croyle would've stuck that ball right between the 8 and the 2...

BOOK IT

Hammock Parties
10-14-2007, 08:31 PM
Croyle would've stuck that ball right between the 8 and the 2...

BOOK IT

I'm sure you mean the 2 and the 8...of the DB...

L.A. Chieffan
10-14-2007, 08:31 PM
Not sure about that but I did see Huard throw 14 yards on a 3rd and 15. He likes to do that

Hootie
10-14-2007, 08:32 PM
Not sure about that but I did see Huard throw 14 yards on a 3rd and 15. He likes to do that
3rd and 15 is such an easy down to convert ROFL

Hammock Parties
10-14-2007, 08:32 PM

Blame that on Webb.

L.A. Chieffan
10-14-2007, 08:33 PM
3rd and 15 is such an easy down to convert ROFL
Its easier when you throw 15 yards instead of 14

Hootie
10-14-2007, 08:33 PM
doesn't the receiver usually get the blame for running short of the marker?

Iowanian
10-14-2007, 08:34 PM
How cute....meatpeeker might lose his virginity to the hooty-booty(stolen).

It might not have been 3rd and 15 if Huard hadn't sucked on 1st and 2nd down......

How many other QBs in the league have as many passes slapped down? none.

Huard sucks and so do you.

DFB

...And Larry Johnson, Michael Bennett, Jeff Webb, Samie Parker, Dave Rayner, Dustin Colquitt, Eddie Drummond, Donnie Edwards, Patrick Surtain, Bernard Pollard, Alphonso Boone, Greg Wesley, Turk McBride, Jon McGraw, Jarrad Page, Derrick Johnson, Benny Sapp, Ron Edwards, Johnny Baldwin, Napolean Harris, Jimmy Wilkerson, Ty Law, Tyron Brackenridge, Jared Allen, and Tamba Hali.

But NOT Damon Huard.

Let's don't get confused here.

Iowanian

I'm tempted to make a comment about defining the limit of Huard's long ball......but that wouldn't quite be true.

Hammock Parties
10-14-2007, 08:36 PM
How cute....meatpeeker might lose his virginity to the hooty-booty(stolen).

It might not have been 3rd and 15 if Huard hadn't sucked on 1st and 2nd down......

ROFL

1st down - Huard SACKED
2nd down - DROPPED PASS

Would you like to try again?

Frankie
10-15-2007, 09:00 AM
I am firmly on the "start Croyle" side. But I like Huard too. A lot, in fact. The fact remains that he has peaked in talent, which is that of a good backup. Croyle on the other hand has not peaked and may have a great upside. The best scenario for any team is to have a young talented QB backed up by a reliable, experienced, savvy one. We need to know if we do BEFORE next year's draft. I hate for us to foolishly use our 1st rounder on another "project" QB when we MAY have one here already.

GarySpFc
10-15-2007, 09:08 AM

FAX

Well said!

GarySpFc
10-15-2007, 09:24 AM
Croyle has led the offense for three drives, with only one TD. He has also dumped the ball short for the majority of his completions.

Huard is not the checkdown king. He never was. This urban legend was borne of preseason and a two-game lull at the beginning of the season. In the last 14 quarters, Huard is averaging 8.2 yards per attempt, which ranks up there with Tony Romo and Peyton Manning. His quarterback rating during this time period is 94.9.

Quit the lying.

Quarterback rating for this year. Croyle 104.5 Huard 83.9

Yards per attempt Croyle 8.1 Huard 7.0

Touchdowns/Interceptions Croyle 1/0 Huard 6/6

Brady 8.7 yards per attempt
Manning 8.0 yards per attempt
Romo 8.5 yards per attempt

There are approximately 20 quarterbacks averaging more yards per attempt than Huard.

GarySpFc
10-15-2007, 09:29 AM

How many times have we seen that this year? Huard's an expert at throwing the too short or too high pass.

Hammock Parties
10-15-2007, 03:51 PM
Quit the lying.

There are approximately 20 quarterbacks averaging more yards per attempt than Huard.

Dude, read the post again. You're a frickin' moron.

Reerun_KC
10-15-2007, 03:59 PM
Quit the lying.

Damn some one is coming out strong.... I am sure the excuses will be running wild now...

Nice one GarySpFC

Hammock Parties
10-15-2007, 04:00 PM
Damn some one is coming out strong.... I am sure the excuses will be running wild now...

Nice one GarySpFC

Defending the ignorant?

Hammock Parties
10-21-2007, 05:17 PM

Hootie
10-21-2007, 05:19 PM

always comes out when it counts

pikesome
10-21-2007, 05:20 PM
Did you watch the game? The sun shined on that dog's ass a couple times and he's good? Excuse me, but no. That lames ass INT was worse than Brodie's in the pre-season. Croyle can blame inexperience, what is Huard's excuse?

Hammock Parties
10-21-2007, 05:22 PM
always comes out when it counts

Great clutch play in the fourth quarter...two ad-libbed plays on third down for HUGE plays. CLUTCH MOTHER****ER!

DFB
10-21-2007, 05:22 PM
Today's game was a microcosm of exactly why Huard is the starter. He got killed on plays when the line broke down. The line breaks down and he scrambles and makes a play. Is he the most athletically gifted quarterback? Shit no. But he can tough it out and find ways to win.

DFB
10-21-2007, 05:23 PM
Great clutch play in the fourth quarter...two ad-libbed plays on third down for HUGE plays. CLUTCH MOTHER****ER!

Say it again.

CLUTCH MOTHER****ER

Bwana
10-21-2007, 05:24 PM
Huard had a few good plays and a lot more shitty plays.

FAX
10-21-2007, 05:25 PM
Downfield had an iffy game. Not sure about his stats, but he doesn't seem to be improving. On the other hand, it sounded as though he was taking some shots today.

Congratulations to him for the win, anyway.

FAX

Hammock Parties
10-21-2007, 05:26 PM
Say it again.

CLUTCH MOTHER****ER

CLUTCH MOTHER****ER DAMON HUARD SAVVY VETERAN!

cdcox
10-21-2007, 05:28 PM
He wouldn't have to be "clutch" if he hadn't kept the Raiders in the game for 4 quarters.

Hammock Parties
10-21-2007, 05:30 PM
He wouldn't have to be "clutch" if he hadn't kept the Raiders in the game for 4 quarters.

Please. The offensive line kept the Raiders in the game.

cdcox
10-21-2007, 05:32 PM

I know, it's never Huard's fault, not even partly.

kcxiv
10-21-2007, 05:32 PM
He got lucky with the Raiders dropping some interceptions. **** Huard.

bobbything
10-21-2007, 05:33 PM
Huard didn't play particularly well this game; however, he had two key plays where he played great: the busted play pass to Bowe, and the 3rd down check to Johnson.

It wasn't a good, overall, performance by him, but it was good enough. He was basically one pass better than Culpepper. He lives to start another week.

DFB
10-21-2007, 05:34 PM

All the Croyle lovers should be happy that Huard is in. With a line like we have + Brodie's injury history, he'd get slammed. And then there wouldn't be a "future".

DFB
10-21-2007, 05:34 PM
Huard is MONEY on playaction rollout.

pikesome
10-21-2007, 05:35 PM
Huard is MONEY on playaction rollout.

He's not even pocket change. You need to have your water checked.

Hammock Parties
10-21-2007, 05:35 PM
Huard didn't play particularly well this game; however, he had two key plays where he played great: the busted play pass to Bowe, and the 3rd down check to Johnson.

It wasn't a good, overall, performance by him, but it was good enough. He was basically one pass better than Culpepper. He lives to start another week.

I agree with this.

DFB
10-21-2007, 05:38 PM

Yep, he played poor. But what I love is he made things happen in the clutch. On the road. Against a rival. Some things can't be measured on a stat sheet.

Heart.

burt
10-21-2007, 05:41 PM
Yep, he played poor. But what I love is he made things happen in the clutch. On the road. Against a rival. Some things can't be measured on a stat sheet.

Heart.

He is every bit......average. He has a few strengths and more flaws. He is every bit as bad as Trent AFTER the concussion. But he is ours. I would rather see Croyle, but as long as Huard is ours....GO HUARD!

JuicesFlowing
10-21-2007, 05:41 PM
WHY does Huard throw it 4 yards when we need 10 on 3rd down??????????????? That pisses me off!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is it Solari's fault or Huard's????????????

baitism
10-21-2007, 05:42 PM
Here to report that Huard still sucks, will always suck, and would be the starter on about three teams in the NFL....and unfortunately for us, we are one of them.

GarySpFc
10-21-2007, 05:42 PM

Yes, yes, we know, you want Huard to reign as the quarterback for the next 10 years and to see his name up on the wall of fame.

KcMizzou
10-21-2007, 05:46 PM

Heart.I honestly think you have a point there.

I'm on the record saying I'd rather see Croyle...

But "savvy vet" fits Huard to a tee.

Hammock Parties
10-21-2007, 05:47 PM
Yes, yes, we know, you want Huard to reign as the quarterback for the next 10 years and to see his name up on the wall of fame.

I don't actually. Not even close.

Iowanian
10-21-2007, 05:47 PM
Week 7 and Damon Huard is STILL an AWEFUL NFL QB.

He'd be pathetic in the Canadian League.

If I see another week of swing passes 3 yards behind the LOS when its 3rd and long, I'm going to have a stroke.

DFB
10-21-2007, 05:48 PM
Here to report that Huard still sucks, will always suck, and would be the starter on about three teams in the NFL....and unfortunately for us, we are one of them.

Here to report that of 32 teams in the NFL, only 8 can be in first place...and we are one of them.

LOCOChief
10-21-2007, 05:49 PM
WHY does Huard throw it 4 yards when we need 10 on 3rd down??????????????? That pisses me off!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is it Solari's fault or Huard's????????????

both but mostly the Oline. Not enough time so Huard takes the check down or the underneath route. Our oling gets can't stay with the block and there aren't a whole lot of clear throwing lanes, and still Huard hasen't had many balls batted down.

Frankie
10-21-2007, 05:50 PM
You posted this before I was going to.

Reerun_KC
10-21-2007, 05:52 PM
How embarrasing is it to be a Chiefs Fan right now?

Horrid is killing all hope and excitement out of this season...

Please give us something to cheer for.. Play Croyle...

baitism
Here to report that of 32 teams in the NFL, only 8 can be in first place...and we are one of them.

We are first in the AFCW. I would not get too excited. San Diego will win the division by at least two games. They are a much better and more rounded team than we are...

BigMeatballDave
If I see another week of swing passes 3 yards behind the LOS when its 3rd and long, I'm going to have a stroke.Prepare for your feeding tube...

Hammock Parties
11-11-2007, 04:09 PM
The title of the thread doesn't say it all....

F*ck you Huard backers. He plays with heart, but continues to not get the job done. You people who back Huard, I don't even consider true fans. He plays his way out of the game every Sunday, and you continue to back him...

Keep backing him, I'll keep bashing him.

L.A. Chieffan
11-11-2007, 04:37 PM

F*ck you Huard backers. He plays with heart, but continues to not get the job done. You people who back Huard, I don't even consider true fans. He plays his way out of the game every Sunday, and you continue to back him...

You knew this day would come. Why did you ever defend Huard in the first place?

Hammock Parties
11-11-2007, 04:41 PM
You knew this day would come. Why did you ever defend Huard in the first place?

He deserved it.

the Talking Can
11-11-2007, 05:39 PM

Shouldn't you be writing more premium articles about how Huard and Manning and Farve are equal?