PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard about PSL's????

OnTheWarpath15
10-02-2006, 01:29 PM
Bear with me, 'cuz I didn't get all of what was said.....

Apparently a certain percentage of money needed for the Arrowhead Renovations were to come from a $1.00 per ticket (tax?) increase over the next 25 years, pending league approval.

I just heard from a friend that the league has apparently denied that increase, and that STH's will be looking at a $130 "PSL Charge" per seat for the next 3 years to cover the cost.

I don't live in KC, so I have no idea how the Renovation bill read when voted upon.....but I find it odd that the original plan would have produced around $20M, and that the PSL deal would generate around $30M.

Has anyone heard anything regarding this?

Again, I'm not familiar with the situation, so if there are glaring errors, please educate me.....

tomahawk kid
10-02-2006, 01:32 PM
You're on the money based on what I've heard.

I guess Kietzmann was going off about in on 810 a minute ago as well.

tomahawk kid
10-02-2006, 01:34 PM
Check that.

Sounds like $131 over 3 years or about $44 per year.

Still not clear if it's PER seat or not.

More info here.

http://kcbuzzblog.typepad.com/kcbuzzblog/2006/10/chiefs_seasonti.html

dave0320
10-02-2006, 01:35 PM
Yea, Keitzman reported it at about 2:05 PM. All you reported on the 1st post is correct. The $hit is going to hit the fan now! :LOL:

OnTheWarpath15
10-02-2006, 01:38 PM
Check that.

Sounds like $131 over 3 years or about $44 per year.

Still not clear if it's PER sear or not.

More info here.

http://kcbuzzblog.typepad.com/kcbuzzblog/2006/10/chiefs_seasonti.html

Assuming it is per seat, that only comes to roughly $10M......

Again, I'm not in KC, so I'm curious....is this old news? Or did this just come out today?

tomahawk kid
10-02-2006, 01:38 PM
Assuming it is per seat, that only comes to roughly $10M......

Again, I'm not in KC, so I'm curious....is this old news? Or did this just come out today?

Came out last night / this morning........

dave0320
10-02-2006, 01:40 PM
October 02, 2006
Chiefs season ticket holders see green
Are you a Chiefs season-ticket holder giddy about yesterday's win? Here's some news likely to turn your Monday blue.

The NFL has rejected the Chiefs and Jackson County's plans to start charging next year a $1 per ticket surcharge to help pay for maintenance at Arrowhead Stadium. Instead, county legislators are considering giving the Chiefs the OK to charge $131 over three years to season-ticket holders or roughly $44 a year starting in 2007.

Needless to say, most Chiefs season-ticket holders interviewed Sunday who are paying $49 to $88 per ticket were none too amused. County legislators thrash the issue out this afternoon and are scheduled to vote next week.

Some county folks are none too happy because the NFL was suppose to have signed off on the surcharge by mid-March before new 25-year leases with the Royals and Chiefs went to county voters in April. The 3/8-cent sales tax approved by voters to raise $425 million for improvements (plus interest) at Arrowhead and Kauffman stadiums kicked in Sunday.

The plans to charge 30-cents per Royals tickets for maintenance remain unchanged.

Look for more details at www.kansascity.com this afternoon and in tomorrow's Star.

Posted by DeAnn Smith

Dartgod
10-02-2006, 01:41 PM
First I've heard of this. I'm not happy about it; the bastards are about to price me out of season tickets as it is. I thought this whole thing was to be funded by a sales tax increase anyway?

**** 'em I say. The mother****ers can have their season tickets! :cuss:

ChiefsCountry
10-02-2006, 01:51 PM
Chiefs wont go to the PSL's, they were too proud to tell me when I called them for my season tix that they were one of the only teams not too.

Also I heard that they will be changing the price structure around Arrowhead, Club and lower level will go up in price but the upper level will decrease.

tomahawk kid
10-02-2006, 02:00 PM
First I've heard of this. I'm not happy about it; the bastards are about to price me out of season tickets as it is. I thought this whole thing was to be funded by a sales tax increase anyway?

**** 'em I say. The mother****ers can have their season tickets! :cuss:

The original plan was to increase the ticket prices about $1 per ticket per game.

If they charge a $44 "fee" for each seat, you're basically playing the charge in a lump sum as opposed to per game.

Not saying it's right, but it's not like the Chiefs have increased the fee exponentially as Kietzman presented it.

That dude usually runs with about 1/3 of the facts and this case is no exception.

OnTheWarpath15
10-02-2006, 02:16 PM
I'm just finding it a bit odd that the three scenarios generate as little as $10M, to as much as $30M. Pretty wide gap, IMO.

And while we're on the subject of renovations, they better make that pathetic video/sound system a priority.

It's like watching a bad kung-fu movie. Yesterday was an all-time low in the 4 years I've been a STH.....

tomahawk kid
10-02-2006, 02:32 PM
I'm just finding it a bit odd that the three scenarios generate as little as $10M, to as much as $30M. Pretty wide gap, IMO.

And while we're on the subject of renovations, they better make that pathetic video/sound system a priority.

It's like watching a bad kung-fu movie. Yesterday was an all-time low in the 4 years I've been a STH.....

We have seats in 114 & 115.

During the home opener, it sounded like the speakers were turned off on our side of the stadium.

Was it similiar yesterday?

OnTheWarpath15
10-02-2006, 02:35 PM
We're at the other end, 333....

Sounded to me like the speakers at our end weren't on at all, and the speakers on your end were cutting in/out......

Regardless, it's inexcusable in a NFL venue.......

tomahawk kid
10-02-2006, 02:51 PM
We're at the other end, 333....

Sounded to me like the speakers at our end weren't on at all, and the speakers on your end were cutting in/out......

Regardless, it's inexcusable in a NFL venue.......

Nice......

dirk digler
10-02-2006, 02:57 PM
KK said this afternoon that in the lease agreement the Chiefs put "pending league approval" when it came to the $1 charge. Then when the vote passed the Chiefs went to the NFL and asked them to not approve it so they could line their pockets.

He said the maintenance costs were supposed to be around $30 million dollars but since it was denied now the Chiefs are only going to contribute $9 million all coming in the first 3 years. After that they aren't paying for any maintenance.

Dartgod
10-02-2006, 03:01 PM
KK said this afternoon that in the lease agreement the Chiefs put "pending league approval" when it came to the $1 charge. Then when the vote passed the Chiefs went to the NFL and asked them to not approve it so they could line their pockets.

He said the maintenance costs were supposed to be around $30 million dollars but since it was denied now the Chiefs are only going to contribute $9 million all coming in the first 3 years. After that they aren't paying for any maintenance.
Of course KK has proof of this?

Stinger
10-02-2006, 03:03 PM
I am sure they are buried in a safe place under the land he owns dowtown.

dirk digler
10-02-2006, 03:05 PM

Sure like he had proof of that 4th Chief that was dealing drugs. :)

Honestly I don't know I just know that I am happy having Sunday Ticket instead of having season tickets.

BTW you can check out the lease yourself I believe it maybe still online somewhere.

kc rush
10-02-2006, 03:40 PM
Mike Sanders, the county executive to be, is on KK’s show now explaining the deal. He’s about to take calls.

OnTheWarpath15
10-02-2006, 03:42 PM
Cool...streaming now....

dirk digler
10-02-2006, 03:48 PM
Cool...streaming now....

So what is he saying?

OnTheWarpath15
10-02-2006, 03:53 PM
Blah, blah, blah......

Nothing of substance. Explained to a caller the difference between the Renovation Fund and the Maintenence Fund.

KK also asked what he would do if the issue was still unresolved when he took office in January....

Response: Bid it out and get the best deal for the taxpayers.........

I was working on a couple of things while listening, I think that was the jist of it......

Skip Towne
10-02-2006, 03:55 PM
October 02, 2006
Chiefs season ticket holders see green
Are you a Chiefs season-ticket holder giddy about yesterday's win? Here's some news likely to turn your Monday blue.

The NFL has rejected the Chiefs and Jackson County's plans to start charging next year a $1 per ticket surcharge to help pay for maintenance at Arrowhead Stadium. Instead, county legislators are considering giving the Chiefs the OK to charge $131 over three years to season-ticket holders or roughly $44 a year starting in 2007.

Needless to say, most Chiefs season-ticket holders interviewed Sunday who are paying $49 to $88 per ticket were none too amused. County legislators thrash the issue out this afternoon and are scheduled to vote next week.

Some county folks are none too happy because the NFL was suppose to have signed off on the surcharge by mid-March before new 25-year leases with the Royals and Chiefs went to county voters in April. The 3/8-cent sales tax approved by voters to raise $425 million for improvements (plus interest) at Arrowhead and Kauffman stadiums kicked in Sunday.

The plans to charge 30-cents per Royals tickets for maintenance remain unchanged.

Look for more details at www.kansascity.com this afternoon and in tomorrow's Star.

Posted by DeAnn Smith
Royals tickets aren't worth 30 cents.

dirk digler
10-02-2006, 03:56 PM
Blah, blah, blah......

Nothing of substance. Explained to a caller the difference between the Renovation Fund and the Maintenence Fund.

KK also asked what he would do if the issue was still unresolved when he took office in January....

Response: Bid it out and get the best deal for the taxpayers.........

I was working on a couple of things while listening, I think that was the jist of it......

Thanks

OnTheWarpath15
10-02-2006, 04:58 PM
You're welcome....

Sorry there wasn't much to report....

Eleazar
10-02-2006, 05:17 PM
Sounds like the NFL is blocking it. I guess they have to make up the money somehow without having to pass a whole new tax.

cosmo20002
10-02-2006, 05:23 PM
The original plan was to increase the ticket prices about $1 per ticket per game.

If they charge a $44 "fee" for each seat, you're basically playing the charge in a lump sum as opposed to per game.

I'm not saying I completely understand it, but if it was $1/ticket, that would be $10 per season ticket for the season. That's a lot less than $44 per season ticket. Plus, that would be in addition to whatever the regular price increase that occurs about every year.

Also, if they do by season ticket, rather than each individual ticket, the season ticket holder bear the entire cost. 1000s of individual game tickets are sold--why shouldn't they have to kick in for their portion? They are penalizing their best customers.

TinyEvel
10-02-2006, 05:25 PM
What?! Two pages of posts and still no DAMMIT CARL! :cuss:

What's this board coming to?

tomahawk kid
10-02-2006, 05:35 PM
I'm not saying I completely understand it, but if it was $1/ticket, that would be $10 per season ticket for the season. That's a lot less than $44 per season ticket. Plus, that would be in addition to whatever the regular price increase that occurs about every year.

Also, if they do by season ticket, rather than each individual ticket, the season ticket holder bear the entire cost. 1000s of individual game tickets are sold--why shouldn't they have to kick in for their portion? They are penalizing their best customers.

KK was using an example of a season ticket holder with 4 tickets.

Should have included that.

My bad.....

dave0320
10-02-2006, 05:43 PM

You are missing the point. The Jackson County vote included a $1.00 ticket surcharge for all tickets, not just season tickets for 30 years. Now the Chiefs want PSL's for season ticket holders, and the Chiefs will only pay a few MILLION DOLLARS for a 3 year period, than the County pays for all road and maintanance inprovements, while the Royals will pay $0.30 on each and every ticket.

chief52
10-02-2006, 05:44 PM
Just think how bad it has been in Oakland. Season ticket holders were paying between $250 and $4000 per ticket just for the right to buy season tickets!!!

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2006/02/oakland-raiders-ticketprices160206.html

Since returning to Oakland in 1995, the Raiders have been at the will of the City of Oakland and Alameda County to price their stadium seating. Under this configuration, two-thirds of the Raiders home games last season were not televised locally because of NFL blackout restrictions. Luckily for fans and the organization, this arrangement will be dropped next season.

Under the old system, ticket prices were set under an organization known as the Oakland Football Marketing Association. Under their order, McAfee Coliseum seat prices recurrently ranged from $250 to $4,000 just for the right to buy season tickets each year. Under the new system, licenses will no longer be required to purchase season tickets.When the Raiders packed their bags in 1995, migrating from Los Angeles to Oakland, the licensing program was established to compensate for $200 million in bonds that were used for the development and expansion of the Coliseum and the practice complex. However, the Personal Seat Licensing plan that was instituted never took hold, and for years, fans turned their cheek to the plan.

In 2003, the Raiders organization and the controversial government that administered the ticket plan went to court. In the end, a $1.1 billion lawsuit was settled that ended with a Sacramento jury awarding the $34.2 million in favor of the Raiders. In another victory last year, Oakland and Alameda County agreed to put an end to the Personal Seat Licensing program in exchange for increased revenue through parking and concession sales.

Now completely autonomous, Raiders chief executive Amy Trask will put into place a program that will decrease ticket prices approximately $1.71 per ticket-from $67.31 to $65.60 per game. The old three-level pricing system used will also be dropped and a new eight-division pricing plan will be implemented. The new program will give fans a wider selection on seating that should also drop prices on 65 percent of the tickets available.

Trask stated that the least expensive seats will cost $26-amongst the lowest in the National Football League, midrange seats will cost $61, and the best seats will cost $101. Each ticket price will also include a one dollar surcharge for charity-likely going to public school athletic programs and county social services.

On the surface, the average ticket price for Raiders home games will appear to rise from $59 to $65.60. However, under the old system, numerous PSL surcharges raised those same ticket prices to $70 a ticket. Under the new system, an estimated 35 percent of ticket prices may rise in price, but the other 65 percent could see a drop as drastic $40 a ticket per year.

While the PSL program has officially been dropped, current PSL holders will still maintain exclusive rights to buy season tickets for next season-without the licensing fee. As a bit of a bonus, PSL owners will also receive seven vouchers for a round-trip flight to Hawaii on Hawaiian Airlines for each ticket account they hold. Currently, roughly 15,000 fans hold Personal Seat Licensing plans. On March 15th, however, the exclusive rights will be dropped and season ticket packages will be available to the general public.

The Raiders now are working on establishing a ticketing service division, as they have not needed one since 1995. Up to this point, fifteen employs have been hired to work under the newly created division.

In Tuesday's news conference with Raiders CEO Amy Trask, she publicly asked herself: "Do we want more bodies in the stadium?" Of course, she followed with "Yes." However, while small strides are being made through ticket pricing, the majority of the work that needs to be done is on-field.

If the Oakland Raiders win, fans will show up-old plan, new plan, or no plan.

Anthony Carroll can be contacted at acarroll@realfootball365.com