PDA

View Full Version : Apology--Steelers

Duck Dog
09-27-2000, 11:50 AM
Once again, the NFL owes the former steel curtain guys an apology for a horrible call.

My question is SO WHAT it does not change the outcome of the game and will not overturn a win or loss?

What is the point.

Milissa
09-27-2000, 12:08 PM
It's a matter of ethics. It doesnt matter if it will change the outcome of the game or not. If you make a mistake, the ADULT thing to do is to admit that you were wrong.

darkchief
09-27-2000, 12:10 PM
The officials may have cost the Steelers 2 wins this year. They missed call last week that would have given the Steelers a TD. They lost the game by 3 pts. Pittsburgh also received a similar apology after the loss to Cleveland when the officials forgot to stop the clock at the end of the game and the Steelers ran out of time when they tried to kick a game tying FG before time ran out.

[This message has been edited by mizzou5 (edited 09-27-2000).]

DaKCMan AP
09-27-2000, 12:10 PM
I think it is a way to tell the ref that he goofed up publicly, without calling him out by name. Luckily they scored the TD on the next play, but still.

kcred
09-27-2000, 12:14 PM
They deserved to lose the Cleveland game because of stupidity.
The Titans call was mute anyway since they scored on the next play.

I hate the bums....<BR>

darkchief
09-27-2000, 12:17 PM
JQ,
They lost a timeout because of the missed call which they could have used to save time on that final drive. That last FG attempt ended up about 5 yards short. But, it was partly their own fault for challenging it. Even with the refs missing the call, they still had 1st & goal from the 1 & would have scored anyway.

[This message has been edited by mizzou5 (edited 09-27-2000).]

Duck Dog
09-27-2000, 04:49 PM
I realize that it is the ADULT thing to do, but it can't change the facts. The steelers were robbed of one maybe two wins and if I were them, a little "apology" would not be good enough.

kcred
09-27-2000, 05:09 PM
mizzou....

Don't mind me... that horrid showing the Steelers had vs the Brownies cost me some $$..

plus theres that whole Immaculate reception thing...

Actually I do kind of cheer for them because Fuuamata- Maafala was our starting tail back on the high school team I coach on...

Milissa
09-27-2000, 05:31 PM
You say there's no point in apologizing because it wont change the outcome of the game.... Well, in that case, there's no point in whining about it either..Whats the point of that. Like you said, whats done is done.