PDA

View Full Version : Newest Article on the Chiefsplanet Homepage...

AustinChief
09-26-2000, 02:08 PM
Check it out: written by yours truly, it expands upon the beating of chests and wailing of women that the denver fans and players have done for the last two days.

Talk about sore losers.

Denver Cries Itself to Sleep (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/article6.shtml)

Warrior5
09-26-2000, 02:13 PM
Loved it Russ. Good job http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

Dr. Red
09-26-2000, 02:21 PM
Russ - nice job, buddy!

I think you have summed up the feelings of most Chiefs fans in the aftermath of Sundays huge win.

Yosef_Malkovitch
09-26-2000, 02:25 PM
Nice article, Russ. I meant to compliment you on your first effort as well but I forgot. ATTABOY!

wutamess
09-26-2000, 02:28 PM
I had to send it next door to the other BB. That just about sums it up!!!!

Frazod
09-26-2000, 02:52 PM
Very good article. I'm watching the game again as I write. Just as good as the first time I saw it. This is one to savor. Gun is 3-0 against the Broncos. Elvis is 3-1 at Mile High. Most Bronco fans need to face reality and quit whining. IMO our coaching may not be better but the talent on the field may be better. The win was not pretty but we had the talent to get the job done. Hopefully our coaching and young talent will get better as the season goes along. Until we meet again at Arrowhead. Go Chiefs!

Dan

dabreeze
09-26-2000, 03:40 PM
Russ,

It was a great win for the Chiefs. I believe that any road win is a big win for any team in the NFL. HOWEVER, arent you overreacting a bit? Denver played with its backup QB, third string running back, and basically fumbled the game away to the Chiefs.

I still think Denver is a better team.

Boise_Chief
09-26-2000, 03:46 PM
Nice piece & good read, Wolfman.
Nice to see some reality instead of empty hype.

THREE STRAIT OVER donks

------------------
CHIEFS

DoktorSmith
09-26-2000, 03:58 PM
Packfan, a QB that would start on a lot of teams...and a RB that ran for almost 200 yrds last week...over 100 the week before...
and they didn't fumble, we made them fumble...actually, it really doesn't matter who has the best team...the Chiefs won...for Sunday, they were the better team and that's all that matters... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

htismaqe
09-26-2000, 04:09 PM
And gee, Packfan--if Bob Dole's memory serves, thanks to CP the Chiefs play with a backup QB and third string RB every week.

dabreeze
09-26-2000, 04:27 PM
Dole,

Yes, the Chiefs do play with back ups at running back and QB. Thats why Denver is the better team. When healthy, their team is much better.

ColoradoChief
09-26-2000, 05:14 PM
You know Packfan, I don't think I'd be on anybody else's board talking smack when my own team could only muster up 6 points in a home game a couple of weeks ago.

------------------
Gary

[This message has been edited by gh4chiefs (edited 09-26-2000).]

DaKCMan AP
09-26-2000, 05:52 PM
Morphius is in this for the giggle's.

Grbac - 10 TD's, 4 INT's, 90.8 passer rating
Farve - 4 TD's, 4 INT's, 73.7 passer rating

Both teams 2 wins and 2 losses.
GB - talent seems to be injured and is getting older.
KC - young team, few injures.

DIEHARDCHIEF
09-27-2000, 12:01 AM
Ken:

"Denver played with its backup QB, third string running back, and basically fumbled the game away to the Chiefs."

Hey, Ken. Long time no talk, how have you been? Anyway, we don't need you making excuses for the Donkeys . . . we've already heard em' all.

"Denver played with its backup QB, . . ."

Yes, this is true. However, prior to the game we heard that this did not matter. Gus Frerotte would be just fine. After all, it is the "system" in Denver and not the players. We were even reminded how Gus Frerotte was a former Pro Bowl QB prior to the game. Besides, most people seem to forget that the Chiefs defeated Brian Griese twice last year. He doesn't scare us.

". . . third string running back . . ."

Ken, give me a break on this one. This "third string running back" was the 2nd leading rusher in the NFL coming into the game. He had over 300 yards coming into the game. I suppose if Olandis Gary, the 2nd stringer, was healthy for all the games he would have had over 600 yards coming into the game? And if TD had been healthy all season, he would have had over 900 yards going into the game? This is weak. TD or Gary could not have done much better than this guy had over the past two games.

continued on next post . . . . .

DIEHARDCHIEF
09-27-2000, 12:03 AM
. . . continued from last post . . .

And finally: "and basically fumbled the game away to the Chiefs."

Really? They just fumbled it away? That's funny, I thought the Chiefs caused those turnovers. I could have sworn Greg Wesley nailed Gus and knocked the ball out of his hand causing the first turnover? I also thought I saw Pat Dennis lay a hit on Rod Smith that caused him to cough up the ball for the second turnover? And finally, I could have sworn that Gus was hit as he let go of the throw in the 4th qtr. that ended up in Patton's hands as the final turnover? Correct me if I'm wrong on any of those.

The Chiefs FORCED three turnovers! Guess what? Even if the Broncos DID magically give away the ball three times, the Chiefs did have three turnovers as well. That fact seems to have been overlooked.

Your response to Russ reveals nothing more than your personal disdain for him. It contains no objectivity whatsoever. You are guilty in your own post of doing the very thing you accuse most Chiefs fans of doing; skewing the facts. It is nothing more than you trying to push your own personal agenda in an attempt to discredit Russ, rather than the Chiefs.

I have learned to tolerate your constant anti-Carl diatribe; at least when you do them you can usually throw some facts or truths in to back up what you are saying.

This is not your typical post.

If you want to show your true dislike for Russ, just come out and say it. Don't "disguise" it in an anti-Chiefs diatribe.

(nothing personal, just the way I see it)

[This message has been edited by Tom_Barndts_Twin (edited 09-27-2000).]

dabreeze
09-27-2000, 06:49 AM
Tom,

My only point is that the better team lost on Sunday. I think most knowledgable fans would agree. Its a great win for KC. And the Chiefs did benefit by Brian Griese being out and Terrell Davis banged up. You cant argue that one. I dont care what Denver fans said about the QB position being seemless. We all saw how that works when Elway left.

I think Denver is the best team in a very mediocre division even thou they are not in first place.

As far as Russ goes, I dont even know him, so I cant tell you whether I like him or not. I do know that he is very opinionated, has a short memory, and talks out of both sides of his mouth. But I think we all know that.

AustinChief
09-27-2000, 06:56 AM
TBT - Thanks for the backup, but kenster is going to whine regardless. Even when presented with facts, ken hides like a schoolgirl from a fast pitch. I have learned over the last few months that ken will say what he wants, regardless of the lack of intelligence or thought into the statement, so I ignore him and his silly one note Carl Peterson song.

Again, I appreciate the honesty and defense in your post, but I need no defense from a bitter child with nothing better to do than knock a local team all day.

dabreeze
09-27-2000, 07:03 AM
Russ,

"Its a great win for the Chiefs" Thats what I said. Your reading and comprehension sucks.

How pathetic that you need others praise to make yourself feel better.

DaKCMan AP
09-27-2000, 07:40 AM
Packfan - "The better team lost", speaking of short term memory...

You are also another person who has too much effort in a vendeta against the Chiefs and CP to look at anything with wide open eyes, no matter how neutral you think you are.

Yosef_Malkovitch
09-27-2000, 07:49 AM
OMG, Ken - I can't believe I'm seeing this crap. Speaking of talking out both sides of the mouth.... I think I've seen it all now. You should go hang with the Queeen!

AustinChief
09-27-2000, 09:44 AM
Packfan,

It is pretty difficult to get through to this bunch. They really believe that their team is very talented and that the Chiefs played well in their win over the Broncos.

For what it is worth, I truly believe you are right. Broncos are definately the class of the AFC West, they have just had some difficult injuries this year.

Chief fans,
I do appreciate your defense of our backups. You are all right, Gus and Mike, even as backups, are still better than the majority of starters in the leaque. In fact, Mike Anderson is probably better than any rb KC suits up every week, and a strong argument could be made that Gus is every bit the player than Elvis is.

Did I see some idiot try to use this years statistics to prove the Elvis Grbac is a BETTER quarterback than Brett Favre? One of you moderators go try and edit that post before anyone else sees it. Posts like that are the reason you KC fans aren't given the time of day. And you all call other people homers!

Warrior5
09-27-2000, 09:47 AM
Bronco Fan and Packfan are bonding......all together now......aaaaaaahhhhh!

Bronco Fan, how often have you said that injuries are not a legitimate excuse? Re-read your post. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

Fat Homer
09-27-2000, 09:49 AM
LOL - one mindless troll backing up another mindless troll.. classic! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

DaKCMan AP
09-27-2000, 09:51 AM
Broncofan - I know I would be proud if the only TD my offense was able to score came off of an illegal helmet to the back of the knee block on our DL.

There is also the fact that your tema is not very good with Griese in there in scoring TD's in the redzone, where the Chiefs lead the AFC in redzone scoring points. You might think that our team is worse and your team just didn't execute in the redzone, but right now the Chiefs are also number 3 in the NFL in holding opponants in the redzone.

I think you underestimate us greatly.

[This message has been edited by morphius (edited 09-27-2000).]

AustinChief
09-27-2000, 09:56 AM
Morphius,

Well done, Broncos CHEATED to get our touchdown. Even when the Chiefs win, Chief fans remain a sorry bunch.

Wasn't it you that tried to say Elvis is a better quarterback than Brett Favre?

Dr. Red
09-27-2000, 09:58 AM
BroncoBoy

I will give you some credit. It must be difficult to continually pull your head out of your *** every morning. You have the type of stick-to-it-tiveness that a lot of telemarketers might appreciate in their employees.

Your top 3 RB's are better than anything we have in our line up. Your back up is better than our backup, but not better than Elvis. We were missing our starting DE, starting OL, and were starting 3 rookies. I think we are even on the missed player/rookie level.

Again, tell me where KC fans aren't given any respect other than in your posts and at opposing stadiums???

DaKCMan AP
09-27-2000, 10:01 AM
Broncofan - I just said it was illegal, and should have cost the player a few penies. That is a hit that can end a guys season really quick. I don't think the coach had it in mind to take the guy out in the knee like that, so I wouldn't call it cheating, but I would call it illegal.

Odd that your proud of this and can't argue any other facts of mine, LOL!

I have not compaired Elway and Farve, as far as I know. I did compare the way that Farve and Grbac are playing this year, and Grbac is playing better so far. Farve is playing through an injury, and mostly it is hurting his team, just like it has the last few years.

CASHMAN
09-27-2000, 10:02 AM
Morph, while we're talking about the redzone...

Redzone Offense Stats from NFL.COM:

Denver 18 trips 8 TDs / 10 FGs
KC 12 trips 8 TDs / 0 FGs

Redzone Defense Stats:

KC 10 trips 3 TDs / 4 FGs
Denver 14 trips 7 TDs / 1 FG

wutamess
09-27-2000, 10:09 AM
MORE unsubstatiatel bull? God, how much more do I have to swallow. Tell me WHY are the Bronco's better? They lost because WE were better. Get it through your thick skull that the reason they had faired so well against those other teams is because the other teams had poor defenses. Plain and simple. No excuses. We STILL would have won if the WHOLE team was healthy. Knowledgeable fans? Yeah, I KNOW exacly what happened. All of those "knowledgable" fans that think Denver is better don't take the facts in to consideration. I will refer back to one of my previous post when I stated:

"The Broncos putting so many points agains thier former opponents is like someone bragging that they beat a little girl on a tricycle with a Corvette."

Plain and simple, Denver was unproven, and we tested thier offense for the first time... and they failed. And yes, Grbac IS a better QB then that flake Farve now!!!

DaKCMan AP
09-27-2000, 10:10 AM
Brad - I heard it on TV last night, looks like we are damn strong in the redzone on D. Maybe it was percentage of TD on offense, the guys was not very clear.

Dr. Red
09-27-2000, 10:14 AM
BronBoy???? Where are you?????

Still waiting to hear where KC fans are not given any respect other than in your posts and at opposing stadiums.

Doubt I'll get a reply, and if I do, I doubt he can substantiate it.

CASHMAN
09-27-2000, 10:19 AM
That's cool Morph, I just knew that Denver had been damn near perfect once inside the redzone (100% actually) and your post made me question myself.

The two teams are about as even as you can get... we'll see how the season shakes out.

Later...

AustinChief
09-27-2000, 10:21 AM
ChiTown,

I like that "other than" clause,

which leaves... um well... other KC fans?

ChiTown, if your point is that KC fans stick together in their rationalizations, your right. What you all need is a KC fan that can seperate his feeling for his team, with the fact that KC looks terrible again this year, and has PLAYED TERRIBLE in every game this season... with the exception of the Charger game. My guess, I won't be you ChiTown.

DaKCMan AP
09-27-2000, 10:23 AM
Brad - I think it is a pretty big deal to hold the other team to a FG when they get in the redzone, and only giving up 3 in 4 weeks is pretty darn good. I knew your guys had been almost 100% in the redzone, but I think there is a differnce of coming out with a TD then a FG, as well. BTW, where did you get those stats, I could use some more sources?

Fat Homer
09-27-2000, 10:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Helvetica, verdana, ariel">quote:</font><HR>has PLAYED TERRIBLE in every game this season<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And yet, we were able to defeat your Donkies at Mile High. Hmmmm, this just keeps getting curiouser and curiouser....

Dr. Red
09-27-2000, 10:36 AM
BroncBoy

You just proved my point, you talkin'-out-of your-*** -fool. You're one of the few trolls from BroncoLand that don't respect Chiefs fan's, so how legit is your opinion. 2nd, what opposing fans stadium gives any opposing fan true respect.

You're reasoning skills are wrapped in an enigma. You throw out a baseless comment, as you usually do, and can't back it up. You are a p u s s and a fool. Amazingly, I feel sorry for you.

[This message has been edited by ChiTown (edited 09-27-2000).]

AustinChief
09-27-2000, 10:46 AM
ChiTown,

Take it easy, *** this ,**** that. You are obviously worked up by anything I say, AND the Chief beat the Broncos last week.

I am worried that you might not be able to handle yourself after a KC loss, let alone a KC loss to the Broncos. And I don't want you to leave this BB because your so upset. Take deep breaths, pace yourself, and pray for Chief wins. I would feel terrible if my actions directly contributed to the emotional breakdown of any Chief fan.

Dr. Red
09-27-2000, 10:48 AM
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

ChiTown
~sleeping while others work to make a baseless point

AustinChief
09-27-2000, 10:49 AM
That is better.

Dr. Red
09-27-2000, 10:53 AM
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

ChiTown
~This all makes for terrible reading.

DIEHARDCHIEF
09-27-2000, 03:06 PM
Ken:

Denver MAY be the better team. As of a week ago, I would have agreed with you. But after seeing them play Sunday, I'm not so sure anymore. No one will argue that they CLEARLY have the superior offense to KC. And like you said, especially with Griese and TD 100% healthy. I have no problem admitting that. But I will take our defense over theirs anyday. Our pass rush(from the D-Line) has been great so far this year and our secondary(with 2 rookies starting) is getting the job done. Not to mention the fact that, while our special teams have let us down a lot, Denver's ST's have been REALLY bad this year. Ask any of the Bronco fans on here.

So overall I would say offense: advantage Denver, defense: advantage KC, ST's: even.

Don't misuderstand me. I'm not by any means saying the Chiefs are a top notch team and a Super Bowl contender, rather I'm saying Denver is not a very good team as well. Sure, they have offense(when healthy), but what else have they got?

FWIW, I do think Denver will win the AFC West. However, it's not because I think they're a great team, rather it's due to the cream-puff schedule they get to play this year. They have only the game at Arrowhead and the game against the Jets to worry about. They should win every other game they play this year. If Denver isn't at least 12-4 at the end of this season, their fans should be pissed! I would be.

As far as to who is the better team, I have yet to see any evidence that indicates to me that THIS Denver team is a superior team to KC. We've won 3 straight against them, so I find it difficult to believe.

[This message has been edited by Tom_Barndts_Twin (edited 09-27-2000).]

DIEHARDCHIEF
09-27-2000, 03:17 PM
Russ:

After re-reading my post, I can see how I came across as sticking up for you. To be honest, I wasn't really trying to. I'm WELL aware that you can defend yourself. I wouldn't speak on your behalf either.

My main point was to defend the Chiefs against Ken's comments, which showed no objectivity whatsoever. You just happened to be the platform, so to speak, that I built my argument upon since it appeared to me that Ken was trying to knock you at the Chiefs' expense. Hope my explanation makes sense.

Ah, I've got it!!

The Chiefs were the twinkie and you were the marshmallow cream inside. Ken attacked the twinkie, although I think his comment was intended for the marshmallow cream. There we go!

(frantically searching for Hostess' snacks now)

AustinChief
09-27-2000, 07:36 PM
TBT - LOL

Reading Broncofans comments on this post substantiate further that the city of denver is still living in Egypt - right by de nile.

AustinChief
09-27-2000, 07:38 PM
Of course ken and broncofan are bonding. If you remember right, ken was in the same state of denial this time last year. It will take broncofan one more year to realize that he is wrong.

09-27-2000, 07:45 PM
ROFLMAO http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/tongue.gif

Stop Russ!!!!!!!!!!

That's so funnyyyyyyy, I read that bit, and now you've made me hurt from laughing so hard.

Man truth really hurts them donkie fans huh?

Guess all those last minute "heroics" by Horseface shouldn't count either huh? I mean heck duringthe early 90's WE were clearly the better team. So I guess all his wins were cheap ones?

"poor, poor Donkey fans, must be tough to loss a game at that last minute!"

ROFLMAO

AustinChief
09-27-2000, 08:07 PM
JOhn - If you will note the only 2 detractors on this thread don't even address the brunt of the topic. The fact is that the donkos are whining and they look pathetic doing so.

If they are truly so much better (as Mobley says) then the donko fans shouldn't be here whining, they should be attempting to contact Mobley, Shanarat, and the rest for failing to do a simple job three times in a row.

King_Chief_Fan
09-27-2000, 08:35 PM
Ken, let's dig up your topic from the other day when you said that IF KC BEAT DENVER, you'd be impressed, and now you are saying don't overreact to the victory. Talk about talking out of both sides of your mouth. Keep raising the bar, because the Chiefs keep clearing it.

stevieray
09-27-2000, 09:32 PM
Wasn't this the same Packfan that was throwing accusations about a certain KC poster who "would disappear when the Chiefs lost only to come back after a few wins."?

Hmmmm... Packers started off 0-2, then put up a paltry 6 points IN LAMBEAU against the sorry Eaglets, and finally had a breakout game against the CARDINALS?

Hey Packfan! Welcome back!!!

BTW.... How's Mike Sherman doing these days?

The Blessed Virgin Larry
09-27-2000, 10:49 PM
Bronco Fan,
The Chiefs WON the game - let it go and move on! LOL at the blind arrogance even in a loss.

Let's see if I 've got this right. You said that the Chiefs are not a good team - Yet they beat your Donx, who you say are a good team, at HOME?? Now, looking at this, doesn't your "HOMER LOGIC" look pretty stupid??? Look, if you just CAN'T bring yourself to say that the Chiefs were/are the better team, then just say that your cheating Donx are/were WORSE last Sunday. *grin* You know, all you have to do is look at the score if you still don't get it - 23 BEATS 22 in football EVERY TIME!