NJ Chief Fan
11-02-2006, 08:21 AM
who would you start this week antonio gates vs browns or gonzo vs lambs

ChiefsFan4Life
11-02-2006, 08:22 AM
What the hell man, of course you go with Tony G

chop
11-02-2006, 08:24 AM
Good question and a nice problem to have. TG is playing extemely well right now and I would lean toward him but you can't go wrong either way.

Simplex3
11-02-2006, 08:24 AM
You go with Gonzo if you're a huge homer. If you want to win you play Gates. The Browns are just aweful this year and that game is in SD. The Chiefs have imploded on the road and that game is in StL.

chop
11-02-2006, 08:26 AM
I have Gates and Winslow in another league and it's hard to figure out who to start. I usually end up going with Gates. Last week I should have gone with Winslow though.

NJ Chief Fan
11-02-2006, 08:27 AM
i know i cant go wrong with either one, browns are terrible, but tony is playing for a new contract and as the lambs D showed last week, they cant cover a great TE and i believe the chief game will be a shoot out were as the brown game is going to be a one sided affair

chop
11-02-2006, 08:29 AM
You go with Gonzo if you're a huge homer. If you want to win you play Gates. The Browns are just aweful this year and that game is in SD. The Chiefs have imploded on the road and that game is in StL.

You're not a "huge homer" if you go with TG. The guy is getting his number called regularly now and is producing.

Simplex3
11-02-2006, 08:30 AM
i know i cant go wrong with either one, browns are terrible, but tony is playing for a new contract and as the lambs D showed last week, they cant cover a great TE and i believe the chief game will be a shoot out were as the brown game is going to be a one sided affair
The Chiefs are going to give LJ all the looks at the goal line. Gonzo's only shot at TDs anymore seem to be long ones and he isn't breaking away from the LBs anymore. Gates has 4TDs this year, TG has 1TD. Your call.

Brock
11-02-2006, 08:33 AM
Gonzalez doesn't get opportunities in the red zone like Gates does.

chop
11-02-2006, 08:36 AM
I would probably lean towards Gates also but I think Gonzo will be a decent start.

Simplex3
11-02-2006, 08:37 AM
I would probably lean towards Gates also but I think Gonzo will be a decent start.
If I didn't have Gates I'd feel damn good about starting TG, but there isn't a TE in the league I'd start over Gates this weekend.

StcChief
11-02-2006, 08:57 AM
Gates at home vs. Browns....

How the Hell do you have Gates and Gonzo on the same team. Are you playing with idiots.

Brock
11-02-2006, 09:00 AM

How the Hell do you have Gates and Gonzo on the same team. Are you playing with idiots.

He may have used the not so successful "Draft only TEs" strategy. I tried it once and it didn't really work out.

Simplex3
11-02-2006, 09:00 AM

He probably got f**ked by an auto-draft like I did. I wound up with Gates, LJ Smith, and some serious holes at WR.

Fish
11-02-2006, 09:07 AM
He probably got f**ked by an auto-draft like I did. I wound up with Gates, LJ Smith, and some serious holes at WR.

Same here..... Todd Heap and LJ Smith..... Randy Moss was my best WR... :huh:

NJ Chief Fan
11-02-2006, 09:09 AM

i traded for gates bout a month ago and i picked up gonzo off waivers, before his first good game. everyone in the league believed he was done, i picked him up to use as trade bait, im just waiting for the perfect time to make a good trade

Simplex3
11-02-2006, 09:10 AM
Same here..... Todd Heap and LJ Smith..... Randy Moss was my best WR... :huh:
Ouch. My #1 WR was Fitz. That's worked out well for me. LMAO

Skyy God
11-02-2006, 10:26 AM
St. Louis is actually pretty good against TEs. Their LBs, especially when Pisa Tinoisamoa plays, can cover well. That said, Gates almost had a TD last week against the lambs but was stopped at the 2.

Gates going away.

In a unrelated note, how do y'all think Chambers will do going forward? I picked him up this week for Bryant and LJ Smith. Most of his scoring in 2004 and 2005 came in the 2nd half.

Skyy God
11-02-2006, 10:30 AM
i traded for gates bout a month ago and i picked up gonzo off waivers, before his first good game. everyone in the league believed he was done, i picked him up to use as trade bait, im just waiting for the perfect time to make a good trade

How many teams? Is this a money league? Unbelievable.

I had that pair and picked up Colston in week 2.

Simplex3
11-02-2006, 11:40 AM
I had that pair and picked up Colston in week 2.
I looked at Colston for two weeks, the whole time thinking to myself "the Jets will have to implode sooner or later." Now I wish I'd gone with later since I could have been starting him at WR. Right now I'm doing the same thing looking at Tony Romo. The only barrier to me picking him up just in case is who to drop.

Simplex3
11-02-2006, 11:42 AM
In a unrelated note, how do y'all think Chambers will do going forward? I picked him up this week for Bryant and LJ Smith. Most of his scoring in 2004 and 2005 came in the 2nd half.
The fish are such a mess this year, I just don't think you can tell. The biggest problem I see with him is that he can't do it himself like a RB can, he has to get production first from, gulp, Harrington. I would hope that my fantasy season wasn't riding on Chambers, but I wouldn't drop him for nothing just in case.

Skyy God
11-02-2006, 12:58 PM
The fish are such a mess this year, I just don't think you can tell. The biggest problem I see with him is that he can't do it himself like a RB can, he has to get production first from, gulp, Harrington. I would hope that my fantasy season wasn't riding on Chambers, but I wouldn't drop him for nothing just in case.

Agreed, although I'm not sure Harrington is any worse that Frerotte in 2005 or Fiedler in 2004. Right now he's the 5th WR on my team behind Colston, Coles, Plax, and Ocho Cinco. Start 3, possiblity of 5 with 2 flex positions.

I looked at Colston for two weeks, the whole time thinking to myself "the Jets will have to implode sooner or later." Now I wish I'd gone with later since I could have been starting him at WR. Right now I'm doing the same thing looking at Tony Romo. The only barrier to me picking him up just in case is who to drop.

You're thinking of Cotchery, I believe. I was never on his bandwagon, and now he's back on waivers.

Hound333
11-02-2006, 01:05 PM
Ya I picked up Cotchery just incase he ended up good. It cost me nothing to take a look. He's back in the FA pool for me as well.

SBK
11-02-2006, 02:57 PM
I picked up Berrian and Greg Jennings on waivers, they've worked out pretty well for me.

Of course when your team has Peyton, LJ and Thomas Jones it really doesn't matter who else you have.

Back to the subject, trade one of your TE's, no reason to keep both of em, someone will overpay for a top notch TE.

Simplex3
11-02-2006, 02:58 PM
You're thinking of Cotchery, I believe. I was never on his bandwagon, and now he's back on waivers.
You are correct. My bad.

ct
11-02-2006, 03:01 PM
NJ - Gates
chop - Gates
Pittsie - if they move Chambers to the slot, he's gonna pick it up, just like last year.

KCChiefsMan
11-02-2006, 03:34 PM
you should try to trade one of them

Archie Bunker
11-02-2006, 03:48 PM
Quick question of my own. A guy in my league just cut Hasselback and I was wondering if I should should grab him for down the road. My current QBs are Eli and Romo.

ct
11-02-2006, 03:51 PM
Quick question of my own. A guy in my league just cut Hasselback and I was wondering if I should should grab him for down the road. My current QBs are Eli and Romo.

I would put in a waiver for Hass, dropping Romo, in a second.

Simplex3
11-02-2006, 04:42 PM
I would put in a waiver for Hass, dropping Romo, in a second.
I concur. Hass has too damn many receivers to not throw TDs.