PDA

View Full Version : The Seahawks will beat the Chiefs on MNF (part two)

kcred
09-27-2000, 01:14 AM
<LI>When Seattle has the ball.
~LT Walter Jones is good enough to handle Clemmons or Hicks one on one.....
~I expect Seattle to run Watters and Alexander to the left all night behind Jones and Kendall....
~Swing passes and screens to Watters till KC proves they can stop it....
~Expect Seattle to run an out and up to whoever Warfield is guarding.... he bit on everyone the Donks ran on him
~Seattle will score with a play action pass to their TE Mili (gotta give the Hawaii guy a score)...
~IMO this is a low scoring game that will be decided on special teams... which fortunately for the Hawks they are led by the best in the biz, Pete Rodriguez...
Joe nailed it when he said beware of their awesome KR Charlie Rogers...
Seattle 17-13 ... the first of what will likely be 3 straight losses for KC.....

Stryker
09-27-2000, 06:03 AM
JQ,
I would like to be the first to say.......YOUR WEENIES OUT!!!!!!!!!!!

wutamess
09-27-2000, 08:06 AM
I bet you thought the same thing about Denver, didn't you. There is a difference between HOPING they will win and actually winning. Hope you didn't make any large bets>

Dr. Red
09-27-2000, 08:26 AM
JQ -

Come on man!

Read your history books and look at the Seahawks record at Arrowhead. If they had superior talent to the Chiefs, or a recent tradition of knocking us off at Arrowhead, I would agree. Anyway you slice this game, it will be a win for the Chiefs Mon. Nite. Will it be close, probably, but not enough for the Hags to pull it off.

Put the pipe down JQ, and come back to reality. Too much sun and weed is bad for anyone. By the way, by the time we play the Rams, the Chiefs will have won 4 straight http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

CASHMAN
09-27-2000, 08:27 AM
I think all of this was said in Jest... either that or BroncoFan got a hold of JQs login information.

DaKCMan AP
09-27-2000, 08:30 AM
Chitown - Should be 3 straight wins, Donx, Hawks, Bye Week, Raiders and then the Rams. Of course that is unless you are thinking that we are going to just slaughter those pesky Bye Week guys, but coming up with a W in that column will be almost impossible http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

rkucera
09-27-2000, 08:34 AM
Seattle will be good game with that said .KC has played better then most thought the win in pile high was huge.Chiefs will be fine as for raiderboy wishful thinking http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/tongue.gif

KC 28
seahags 14

GO CHIEFS

------------------<BR>

Dr. Red
09-27-2000, 08:36 AM
Morph

SD, Den, Hags, Oak - I think that equals 4, but check my math http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif

DaKCMan AP
09-27-2000, 08:38 AM
Chitown - Didn't you know we really didn't win last week, it was just that the Donx lost the game. Ok, I just need some damn caffine.

broncosrule
09-27-2000, 08:41 AM
You guys do all realize that this propaganda is nothing more than wishful thinking? After the ace whoppin' we put on SD and the Donks ole JQ has been sweating...But I will play along anyway.

Seattle has a QB who has turned the ball over 9 times in 4 games playing a defense that specializes in takeaways...This sounds like a real winner to me....

Seattle's alleged two top WR's have combined for 130 yards and 0 TD's so far, their only production is coming in the form of a 3rd round rookie who only has 10 receptions.

Their rushing game is averaging just 101 yards per game...

When faced with a good defense in Miami they were shutout...

As for the Hawaiian guy at TE, well still remember that mangled knee from his BYU days so taking care of him won't be a problem.

And if it does really come down to special teams like he said, who is your money on? The Chiefs or the Hawks who just brought in a free agent rookie kicker who will be nervous as a whore in church with his 1st NFL game being on Monday Night?...

That sweat you hear dripping his JQ knowing that the Chiefs will be 3-0 in the division with a bye week to rest up and prepare for the ace whoppin' that the Mighty Chiefs will be putting on his Raiders.

gh4chiefs
09-27-2000, 08:48 AM
Hey - wishful thinking plays an important role in the lives of football fans. Cleveland fans were on the Raider bb's predicting a win. Predictions on a team's bb seems to always be weighted in favor of the homeys. So here's my prediction:

Chiefs will be giddy about their newly-discovered high-power passing offense and make too many mistakes. Seahawks will end up with field position and TOP advantage due to KC turnovers, just enough to put them over the top.....24-20 Seahawks.

One more prediction: Raiders will lead the division again this week, as they have all season.

DaKCMan AP
09-27-2000, 08:53 AM
Duck - Before last weekend your were actually number 2. Your record was tied with the Donx, but they had the tiebreaker for beating you. I would just hate to have you make the assumption that you have been nuber for the entore season only to find out later that you were mistaken.

Morphius
Just tring to be helpful http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif

gh4chiefs
09-27-2000, 09:09 AM
Thanks, Morph. I guess it was just....wishful thinking.

Dr. Red
09-27-2000, 09:19 AM
UD

If this game is going to be decided by TO's then KC wins hands down.

Seahawks have yielded the ball 13x (7 int's and 6 fumbles), and have recovered the oppositions ball only 3x (2fumb rec. and 1 int). KC is +5 in TO ratio/Seattle -10. That spells significant amounts of trouble for Seattle, especially when playing a team that thrives on TO's like KC does.

I believe you better wishful think this one over again. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif

The Blessed Virgin Larry
09-27-2000, 09:25 AM
To our resident Raidas ( JQ, and Duck)
Two words - WISHFUL THIKING! Nope, your Raidas will get no help from Seattle. They will have to come in here in 2 weeks to prove that last year was no fluke. They wiil leave in 2nd place.

AustinChief
It depends which teams show up to play:

a) Gunther-ball and a Smart-Holmgrem
b) Gunther-ball and a Dumb-Holmgrem
c) Elvis and Kitna - sans bad coaching
d) Elvis vs Problem Plagued Seahawks
e) Kitna vs Problem Plagued KC Coaches

The possibilities are endless. I believe if the Chiefs players take this game too lightly then they and our poor coaching will result in a huge loss.

If the players refuse to lie down (and don't listen to Gun), then we will win decidedly...

Go Chiefs!<BR>

Lurker Brett
Duck, since you guys have a bye this weekend it is a pretty safe bet you will still be on top of the division after this week.

Nice try sneaking that prediction past us.

The Blessed Virgin Larry
09-27-2000, 09:29 AM
BTW,
being in 1st only matters at season's end. I realize that it's been SOOOOO long since Raida Fan has actually experienced this so I can understand jumping the gun by 12 weeks!

kcred
09-27-2000, 11:29 AM
Hey guys I gave my honest opinion (I also think New England will upset the Donks this week) and I'm sticking to it! hehe.... and I can't believe some people threw stats out at me.... If you know me, then you know stats mean nothing to me....

~If you can't run the ball this week, you will lose... and what is all this talk about 8 man fronts? For the most part, Denver ran a pretty basic base defense, at least that's what I saw on my telecast.
~Seattle has by far the best CB's that you've seen so far.
Passing on them will not be easy.... Elvis will come back down to reality and Steve Sidwell is the man that will do it....
Tuesday will welcome back the Grbackupbashers once again...

~pinch hitting dat smaque

broncosrule
09-27-2000, 11:37 AM
Sidwell is gonna put the clamps on us just like that "great" pass defense held the Rams to 37 points and 400 yards passing.

kcred
09-27-2000, 11:42 AM
Leighty...
At this point holding the Rams under 40 on turf IS an accomplishment.... and youz is not the Rams...

broncosrule
09-27-2000, 11:50 AM
I would agree that it is an accomplishment to hold them to 300 yards passing but 400 is just as bad anyone else including the woeful 9er secondary.

kcred
09-27-2000, 11:55 AM
The Rams are to offense what the '86 Bears are to defense.

They hung almost 500 against the Donks and Ray Crocket was looking all world for awhile there against you.

I just think Seattle's D matches up better against you guys than any other team in the division does, including Oakland.

broncosrule
09-27-2000, 12:03 PM
It is not not their defense that is going to lose the game for them it will be their QB play.

kcred
09-27-2000, 12:08 PM
Even Kitna can't screw up swing passes to the flatand dump off screens, can he?

Plus you know that Elvis will give up his token charity TD pick, don't you?

broncosrule
09-27-2000, 12:16 PM
It is a given that the King will spot the other team 1 TD. But yes Kitna can even screw that up, he has fumbled it away 3 times already.

Frazod
09-27-2000, 12:58 PM
Hawaiian Boy,

Are you sure you are giving us smack because of what happened on the other board? You didn't deserve that. I respect your opinion. Even when I was a lurker over there. I agree that Seattle D matches up well with our offense. IMO I don't think this game will be close. Emotions will run high on the KC side. I believe this will be the game that the KC players win for DT in front of a national audience. If Seattle can't match that intensity, I see a blowout coming at Arrowhead.

Dan

Go Chiefs!

DoktorSmith
09-27-2000, 03:06 PM
After Monday, KC will be tied for first with the Raiders...actually we will be in first because we will have a better division record... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif
Damn, that's hard to say Raiders and first place in the same senctence.... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/tongue.gif
------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

[This message has been edited by 58Forever (edited 09-27-2000).]

kcred
09-27-2000, 03:08 PM
Illusion... (Dan right?)...

I'm just trying to make things interesting and I really believe the Hawks will be ready to play.... Holmgren understands the importance of divisional play and won't let his team get embarrassed in front of a national audience..
......BTW thanks for he kind words....<P>

kcred
09-27-2000, 03:14 PM
Uh Joe.... You better check the records again... we only have one loss, you have two, possibly three... you don't getextra credit for winning at Pile High or on MNF....

FloridaChief
09-27-2000, 04:57 PM
JQ,

That's twice your boys have served me up for the Black and Silver crow on Big Daddy's pool, oh well, it's a long season!

When I saw the -4 line on Monday, the Chiefs became my first pick of the week. I think they cover at home easy. I grant you that the Seahawks will be ready to play, but from what I've been reading, the hawks offense will be no match for our Defense. With our new found confidence on offense, the Chiefs cover, plus it's payback time for last yr.

------------------
J Smitty is happy C. Okoye will be in the Chiefs Ring of fame!!

gh4chiefs
09-27-2000, 04:57 PM
Hey Joe.....I'm willing to put money on my prediction that the Raiders will not relinquish first place when the Hawks come to Arrowhead, your reply #27 notwithstanding. Whuddya say, lay down some bucks on Chiefs overtaking the Raiders Monday?

Kckrazy
09-27-2000, 05:15 PM
Boy must be eating bad Poi - hallucinating because of it.

Watters is a HAS BEEN. SeaHags may run the swing passes & screens but when you gain 1-2 yds on first down good luck brother. Since when did Seatlle run the ball well at Arrowhead ?

Monday Night at Arrowhead after a previous home loss = barbequed chickens

Hlomgren IS THE WALRUS

Clint in Wichita
09-27-2000, 05:21 PM
JQ,
Right on man!! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif thanks for talking some sense in to these Chief fans http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

As the week goes on my confidence is rising, if Kitna avoids the big mistakes we can win at Arrowhead..

Players K.C might have more respect for on Tuesday morning

Anthony Simmons #51
Lamar King #92
Charlie Rogers #31
Darrell Jackson #82
Ike Charlton #23
Sean Alexander #37

I hope it is an injury free game and may the better team win.....Joe

[This message has been edited by Joe Seahawk (edited 09-27-2000).]

Clint in Wichita
09-27-2000, 05:22 PM
jq is back on my Christmas card list.... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

Clint in Wichita
09-27-2000, 05:52 PM
Desert Chief,

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Helvetica, verdana, ariel">quote:</font><HR>Since when did Seattle run the ball well at Arrowhead ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

(11/21/99) at Arrowhead Stadium Ricky ran 24 times for 107 yards and two touchdowns.

[This message has been edited by Joe Seahawk (edited 09-27-2000).]

Clint in Wichita
09-28-2000, 12:22 AM
Chi-town,

Your numbers are wrong in post #13, I dont have the real numbers in front of me but, I know we have intercepted more than 1 pass...Just off the top of my head I can think of two(both returned for touchdowns)

I believe we are -8 in turnover margin (which is still awful)

I must point out that three of Kitnas picks were hail mary type picks at the end of the half/game. And at Miami we just flat played terrible and turned it over five times..Dont count on that happening again, the Hawks have been very careful with the ball lately.

Careful ball control, and solid defense is the way we have played the last few weeks.
Only 9 penalties ALL YEAR! good coaching.

Enough defending the Hawks, I will let them do that for themselves on Monday night...Good luck and may the best team win....Joe<BR>

Iowanian
09-28-2000, 04:51 PM
Joe,
I second your wish for a good game, injury free. And may your boys play well against everyone but us!

JQ,
Sorry to hear you've had some local yokel bb-bashing. I know you've got more football smarts than 80% of the folks who post on these things, even if you're sworn to 'the dark side'.
I expect the majority of your calls will play out just as you've said, better corners than we're used to, more swing passes than at a Big Bad Voodoo Daddy concert.

But I think I'll go with the 'intangibles' on this one. Arrowhead on a Monday Night has it's own Big Bad Voodoo, Daddy-o.
And even tho' this stuff doesn't get figured on a stat sheet...intangibles count. The confidence of a big come-from-behind win and various layers of Payback may not be enough to win a game, but it can sure 'nuff make players rise to the occasion.
On paper, you're probably right. Another place, another time, right again.
This Monday night at Arrowhead...

Chiefs 24, Seattle 14

Here's to a great game.
Go Chiefs!!!<P>

gh4chiefs
09-28-2000, 07:48 PM
Hey Joe - here's some Seattle stuff for you:

Seattle has 12 wins and five losses on Monday Night Football. The .706 winning percentage is the best of all time on MNF. Kitna's completion percentage is 72.2% in the fourth quarter, best in the AFC. You guys are the real nightowls - keep it close, then surge ahead in the 4th, buddy!<BR>