PDA

View Full Version : How bad will it be

HonestChieffan
08-28-2007, 03:35 PM
If Mizzou gets beaten by Illinois?

DaKCMan AP
08-28-2007, 03:36 PM
Losing to the Zooker should bring endless shame upon a program.

DMAC
08-28-2007, 03:37 PM
Season is over after one game. That's how bad.

crazycoffey
08-28-2007, 03:40 PM
Season is over after one game. That's how bad.

exactly, I'll not watch another game all year.

HonestChieffan
08-28-2007, 03:40 PM
Zook is sure winning over the local folks back home...and Pinkle...well looks to me like he has doubters...I have no faith Illini can win but if they do...gonna be a dark cloud over columbia

Stewie
08-28-2007, 03:42 PM
The Tigers will lose on an unbelievably shitty call by the refs. That stuff always makes me smile.

Mr. Laz
08-28-2007, 03:42 PM
not bad at all PBJ PBJ

Archie Bunker
08-28-2007, 03:45 PM
That game worries me as much as any game on the schedule. A loss would be one hell of a kick in the nuts but all I want is to beat Nebraska and win the North. Losing to Illinois doesn't have any affect on that.

Demonpenz
08-28-2007, 04:59 PM
illinios is non con pretty much a preseason game. Big whoop if we loose. We got bigger fish to fry. Hopefully nebraska doesn't much a fan after mizzou wins

patteeu
08-28-2007, 05:08 PM
illinios is non con pretty much a preseason game. Big whoop if we loose. We got bigger fish to fry. Hopefully nebraska doesn't much a fan after mizzou wins

I agree that it's not the end of the world, but if they go on to lose to KU and fail to win the North, it would be pretty bad for Pinkle I think.

CoMoChief
08-28-2007, 06:05 PM
MU better beat Illini this season because next season Illini are gonna be fricken good.

CoMoChief
08-28-2007, 06:23 PM
I agree that it's not the end of the world, but if they go on to lose to KU and fail to win the North, it would be pretty bad for Pinkle I think.
Mike Alden loves mediocrity, just like Carl does.

As long as Pinkle goes to these little Brut Bowl games and generates some money, he won't be fired.

HonestChieffan
08-29-2007, 07:06 AM
Mike Alden loves mediocrity, just like Carl does.

As long as Pinkle goes to these little Brut Bowl games and generates some money, he won't be fired.

Sure makes ya wonder who he has pictures of doing what.

Stewie
08-29-2007, 08:33 AM
I was listening to Steven St. John interview Bob Fesco and Fesco said there's hardly any interest in this game in St. Louis. WTF? He said there are about 15,000 tickets still available. Fesco said St. Louis isn't a college sports town. How can that be?

DMAC
08-29-2007, 08:37 AM
I was listening to Steven St. John interview Bob Fesco and Fesco said there's hardly any interest in this game in St. Louis. WTF? He said there are about 15,000 tickets still available. Fesco said St. Louis isn't a college sports town. How can that be?St. Louis sucks. That's why.

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 08:45 AM
I don't think Mizzou fans really care about this game.

Frazod
08-29-2007, 08:46 AM

I do. Screw Illinois.

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 09:08 AM
I do. Screw Illinois.
That's because you live there. :p

Honestly, i've heard Illinois isn't that big of a deal around the Chicago area, unless they are doing very well (like Basketball a few years back).

HonestChieffan
08-29-2007, 09:09 AM
Star said they have sold out all the tickets MU Had and Illini had and they think they could have 60000 butts in seats...StJohn is a dilweed

Frazod
08-29-2007, 09:18 AM
That's because you live there. :p

Honestly, i've heard Illinois isn't that big of a deal around the Chicago area, unless they are doing very well (like Basketball a few years back).

When it comes to Illinois, there is more interest in basketball than football (sound familiar?) but there are several Illini people in my office, and I certainly don't want to get my balls busted Monday morning. God knows Missouri should win. I just hope they actually do.

DMAC
08-29-2007, 09:35 AM
I do too. Screw Illinois. I hate those flatlanders. And every Mizzou fan I know hates them too.

HonestChieffan
08-29-2007, 09:42 AM
I dont know of any Illini who hate MU. Why would MU folk hate the Illini?

DMAC
08-29-2007, 09:45 AM
Because they come to MO and drive like shit. And if they win, they act like they always win. Stuck up snobs.

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 09:46 AM
Because they come to MO and drive like shit. And if they win, they act like they always win. Stuck up snobs.
Good lord, i'd love to see how they drive if a Missouri resident thinks THEY drive like shit.

DMAC
08-29-2007, 09:52 AM
Good lord, i'd love to see how they drive if a Missouri resident thinks THEY drive like shit.When I lived in STL, if someone ever cut me off or did something stupid, their license plate would always say IL on it.

Pitt Gorilla
08-29-2007, 09:53 AM
I don't think it happens. MU's defense is inexperienced, but the O should score enough regardless.

HonestChieffan
08-29-2007, 09:54 AM
If you live in St Louis you deserve to be cut off by anyone from anywhere. Live with it.

Frazod
08-29-2007, 09:58 AM

Why did you post this thread?

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 09:59 AM
When I lived in STL, if someone ever cut me off or did something stupid, their license plate would always say IL on it.
Wherever I go, anytime I see someone do something stupid, the license plate always says MO on it.

Frazod
08-29-2007, 10:00 AM
Wherever I go, anytime I see someone do something stupid, the license plate always says MO on it.

Those cars have all been stolen by Gayhawk fans.

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 10:01 AM
Those cars have all been stolen by Gayhawk fans.
Kansans just drive slowwwwww...

Frazod
08-29-2007, 10:02 AM
Kansans are just slowwwwww...

FYP

El Jefe
08-29-2007, 10:03 AM
Not that bad Illinois is gonna be deceant, get ready to watch Juice Williams run all over you.

DMAC
08-29-2007, 10:05 AM
Wherever I go, anytime I see someone do something stupid, the license plate always says MO on it.It's not stupid to go 5 over the speed limit. It is stupid to go 30 below the speed limit.

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 10:06 AM
It's not stupid to go 5 over the speed limit. It is stupid to go 30 below the speed limit.
Ive just found Missourians have no concept of the PASSING LANE. They will just stay in the left lane all day if they could.

DMAC
08-29-2007, 10:10 AM
Ive just found Missourians have no concept of the PASSING LANE. They will just stay in the left lane all day if they could.What do you care? You are on your tractor over there on the shoulder or in your Buick going 42.

Frazod
08-29-2007, 10:11 AM
Ive just found Missourians have no concept of the PASSING LANE. They will just stay in the left lane all day if they could.

Sadly, I cannot argue with this statement. The worst offenders drive on I-44. :#

DMAC
08-29-2007, 10:14 AM
Sadly, I cannot argue with this statement. The worst offenders drive on I-44. :#It's fun to find a little group of 5-6 cars going 80+ and hook up with them.

You are like an impenetrable force that can't get pulled over. Unless you are the last guy in the pack, then you just hope someone else joins the crew.

Eleazar
08-29-2007, 10:16 AM
Illinois was 2-10 last year. They are not good. Not in any way shape or form. If good were a planet, Illinois is a comet that won't pass within visual range for 76 years.

If we lost to Illinois Pinkel should be fired. I mean, before the game is even over. If they are within 10 at halftime there should be cause for concern. This is a team that a conference contender should rip through like tinfoil.

htismaqe
08-29-2007, 10:23 AM
Illinois has alot of young talent, and their QB is a year older, having played as the starter all of last season.

Yes, they were 2-10, but no, they weren't a doormat - they were very competitive in almost all of their games.

I'm not suggesting that Mizzou is going to lose, but I don't think it's going to be as easy as some Tiger fans think...

Frazod
11-20-2007, 02:18 PM
Bump.

Hey HonestChieffan, how'd this game work out for you?

Due to your high level of insignificance around here, it took me a bit to remember why you were acting so bitter and butthurt towards Missouri in the other thread.

Just think, if Illinois had won against Missouri, after that win against Ohio State, they'd really be ranked high right now, wouldn't they?

But of course, YOU KNOW THAT, DON'T YOU.

Loser. ROFL

But hey, thanks for the quality win!

DBO82
11-20-2007, 02:21 PM
Bump.

Hey HonestChieffan, how'd this game work out for you?

Due to your high level of insignificance around here, it took me a bit to remember why you were acting so bitter and butthurt towards Missouri in the other thread.

Just think, if Illinois had won against Missouri, after that win against Ohio State, they'd really be ranked high right now, wouldn't they?

But of course, YOU KNOW THAT, DON'T YOU.

Loser. ROFL

But hey, thanks for the quality win!

Will you take a nice long vacation after the game Saturday and relax for awhile?

I'm worried for you.

patteeu
11-20-2007, 03:10 PM
Bad enough to ruin Mizzou's shot at the national championship as it turns out. Glad it didn't happen.