PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who are DESPERATE for some football...

Chiefs Pantalones
08-04-2001, 06:39 PM
if you have DTV then you can see the Raiders vs. Cowboys on CBSW. channel 381.

It starts at 8pm CT time.

CG

is gonna take a look at opponent #1 of the (Chiefs) season

Tribal Warfare
08-04-2001, 06:45 PM
Cool, at this point of the offseason football is like an addictive narcotic you have to have it now before you go into withdrawl.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-04-2001, 06:50 PM
CP,

Do you get CBSW?

If so, glad I could help!

Michael Michigan
08-04-2001, 07:37 PM
If you have C-Band it's o G-3 ch 2 with Dallas' broadcasters.....

If you have KU it's on G-5(ku) ch 5 with Raiders' broadcasters....

Gannon played one series, Biscuit is still in

Chiefs Pantalones
08-04-2001, 08:31 PM
Michael,

Was it me, or did Gannon look like crap?

CG

the guy SHOULD NOT write a book on accuracy

Michael Michigan
08-04-2001, 08:47 PM
Cody-

I didn't catch all of the drive--then he was out.

I saw one scramble called back.

I'm waiting for Tuiasosopo to come in, looks like next series.

keg in kc
08-04-2001, 09:30 PM
How's this for desperate...

I just listened to the ENTIRE Bengals/Bears game while I was primer-sealing my living room. :rolleyes:

(I'd have listened to the Faiders/Cowboys but it wasn't available).

Frazod
08-04-2001, 10:07 PM
I caught a little of that Bears/Bungles game as well. It was pretty awful. Switched over to a movie after a quarter. Yuck.

Last night, however, I watched the better part of an Arena league game - first time I'd ever watched one. It was actually pretty interesting - a down to the wire game between Nashville and Toronto. And I think either of them could've beaten Chicago or Cincinatti.

Just a little more than a month now...

Joe Seahawk
08-04-2001, 10:12 PM
I cant get CBSW...Arrrrrrgghhhhh...I miss my B.U.D.

How did Tui look thanks.....Joe

Ugly Duck
08-04-2001, 10:36 PM
Hey Joe.......I missed the game, but I heard that Tui looked great. Showed a lot of poise for a rookie - something like 7 of 11 for 100+ and 38 yards rushing.

keg in kc
08-04-2001, 10:44 PM
Hey 'zod, the B/B game was actually pretty entertaining in the second half. The Bungles came back and tied the game, then intercepted a pass with 15 seconds or so left in the game, returing in to the 9 yard line.

Then they turned back into the Bungles.

The guy who intercepted the ball fumbled (actually it was a great play by QB Danny Wuerffel who took a good angle on the guy allowing the ball to be stripped by Anthony Thomas and Glyn Milbourn).

Chicago missed a FG in overtime, but then won when Cincy didn't kick a field goal for some reason and tried to go for it on 4th and 4 inside the 35 yard line. The Bears moved the ball down the field and kicked a field goal of their own.

Also something happened that I don't ever recall happening in a pro game...

Chicago got a 15 yard delay of game penalty because they didn't come out of the lockerroom on time for the 3rd quarter, hahaha!

I've also been known to watch a few Arena League games. Hell, after watching some XFL and then NFLE, I guess I can't stoop too much lower.

Maybe I'll scout out some NAIA team and go watch them practice...

Chiefs Pantalones
08-04-2001, 11:32 PM
UD,

I did watch the game, and I'll tell you what, you guys would be better off letting Tui start instead of Gannon. (half serious, but I think this guy is going to be a player)

Tui looked great, he has great mobility, good arm(not great, but better than noodle arm Gannon), good vision, and good accuracy. This guy is Gannons replacement.

CG

liked Tui...not bad, for a rookie:) ;)

DaWolf
08-04-2001, 11:39 PM
Tui did look good, but it's tough to measure how good when you've got 3rd stringers against 3rd stringers (although this year 3/4 of Dallas' team are 3rd stringers). It's sort of like saying a guy looked good in NFLE. But nevertheless, a good start to his career. Rambo made a nice catch and run too...

Frazod
08-04-2001, 11:42 PM
Kyle, I quit watching in the third quarter. After 14 years up here, I liken watching the Bears to a trip to the dentist.

But once the regular season starts, all that will change. Now that I have Direct TV, I will never again have to watch those lousy bastards instead of the Chiefs or go to some dumpy bar in order to watch the Chiefs on the corner TV with no volume while sitting in a room full of dumb-a$$ Bears fans who think Chicago is going to the Superbowl just because they happened to beat Detroit on a last-second field goal.

Thank God for my satellite dish!

Chiefs Pantalones
08-04-2001, 11:46 PM
I know DW, but who else is going to start in a couple years when Gannon gone? Who, Hoying?:rolleyes: They have no choice, IMO. Unless they get another QB through FA.

TEX
08-04-2001, 11:48 PM
Duck,
Tui did look great. So great that I was reminded once again how much I WANTED KC to draft him! He showed outstanding poise and touch. The kid can feel the pressure and take off, or just as easily throw it. On the TD pass he pumped, looked off a receiver and threw for the score. His only mistake was that he didn't see Rambo get behind a DB and completed a short crossing rout (imagine that, the Raidas throwing underneith!) late in the game or he would have thrown for another TD. Friggin Raidas!:rolleyes:

Joe Seahawk
08-04-2001, 11:53 PM
I really think Marques will be a good one in a couple years...The kid is smart and has good leadership and attitude to go with his above average physical tools.....Look out!....Joe
wishes he would have been there in the third, cause Holmy would have snagged him.

DaWolf
08-04-2001, 11:54 PM
I'm still not sold on him, but that system is perfect for him.

Quincy Carter looked pretty good too...

Chiefs Pantalones
08-04-2001, 11:58 PM
DW,

I was just about to mention Carter. I thought he looked good too. Wright has looked the best in TC, but ya think Carter will eventually pass him and Banks up to start?

CG

thinks Quincy could start...for Dallas

DaWolf
08-05-2001, 12:09 AM
Well, you never know, Carter could start sucking next game or something like that, but yeah, I think he'll be starting before the end of the season. Tony Banks sucks. Thank goodness all those Lambs "fans" that claimed that DV loved Tony and was going to sign him didn't know what they were talking about (as usual)...

Ugly Duck
08-05-2001, 12:48 AM
Thanx for the updates, folks.......Yeah, its embarrassing to have to ask Chiefs fans for Raider updates. Maybe enough Jerry Rice fans from across the Bay will row over and fill the stadium so we can be on TV this year.

Kinda weird that we play the Cokeboys 3 times this year - 2wice in preseason and once in regular. I guess we could meet in the SB to make it 4....

Joe Seahawk
08-05-2001, 01:00 AM
Hey U.D. They finally put the game stats on ESPN.com...Looks like Marques was the leading rusher and passer...Why am I not suprised? :)

Chiefs Pantalones
08-05-2001, 01:02 AM
Marques Pope?

j/k;) :D

hawaiianboy
08-05-2001, 02:07 AM
Typical early preseason game.... Older vets either playing a few snaps or sipping Kool-aid in street clothes.... a boatload of procedure penalties and crappy special teams play.... It tends to clean up after a roster cut or two...

I just use it to guage the draft picks... I'm pleased to say they all preformed pretty well.... Gibson brings some serious lumber and Tui has that "IT" that makes a good QB.... I still can't believe Rambo didn't go till RD 7...

One thing I do know is we're very deep on the D-Line... Jr Ioane is a stud at DT.... It was worth waiting a year till his knee healed...

I'm just glad football is here... even if it is sloppy....

Rausch
08-05-2001, 02:11 AM
To anyone who saw the game, T Martin of Pittsberg was pretty impressive....

Overshadowed by Vick, but impressive...

keg in kc
08-05-2001, 02:38 AM
Coach Vermeil made a statement a few days ago that our starters would be playing either a quarter or the whole half for the entire preseason because they need time to work on the systems (O & D) in real game situations. I'm curious to see if he's going to stick close to that or not.

Rausch
08-05-2001, 02:49 AM
If he Keeps in Green for the entire half for each preseason game he's a total idiot.....

Does he NOT REMEMBER how Green's year went in St.Louis? .....

:confused: :eek: :confused:

Chiefs Pantalones
08-05-2001, 02:53 AM
Brad,

I read a week ago that DV said he nor Green is worried about that. They both said that if they (any player) worry/ies about getting hurt, they will.

Rausch
08-05-2001, 02:57 AM
That's all fine and good, but as was displayed in Lamb-land, you can take out any team's starting qb if you have the nads and the dirty mentality to do so...

Difference here is, if Green goes down, so does our season...And DV year one is over before it ever begins...:eek:

Chiefs Pantalones
08-05-2001, 03:00 AM
Good points, Brad. But how is this team gonna gel quick without lots of reps in the preseason with each other.

The more time they get with each other, the quicker the players will learn the system, and get off to a fast start, etc.

But, like your point says, there are some cons.:( And hopefully that doesn't happen.

Rausch
08-05-2001, 03:09 AM
Between practice and ONE quarter of "simulated" game experience the offense should be able to gel. This was supposed to be a quick transition since we got Green, remember?

It's all most other offenses in the NFL will have this year. Let's not expose our QB to any more hits than necessary, ESPECIALLY when the games have absolutely no meaning...

I'd rather our offense takes an extra 2 or 3 games to come together than lose our qb before the season even starts...

keg in kc
08-05-2001, 03:18 AM
Brad, Green's going to have to play some just to get used to our receivers at game speed and to learn their tendencies. You can only do so much in practice, and the rapport between the players is very, very important, no matter how well he may know the playbook. He's got to learn our guys...

Now, I don't look for him to be throwing 25-30 passes like he did in St. Louis prior to the injury, but I don't think there's anything wrong with playing a full quarter per preseason game against other teams' first string defenses, and in fact, I hope he does it.