PDA

View Full Version : Jets give Vilma permission to seek out trade

Marco Polo
02-22-2008, 09:50 AM
From Rotoworld:

The Jets have given ILB Jonathan Vilma permission to shop himself for a potential trade.

Vilma is coming off knee surgery, but was a Pro Bowl alternate his second season, and just doesn't fit well into Eric Mangini's 3-4 defense. He'll seek a long-term deal with a team that would then have to work out a trade with the Jets. Reuniting with former Jets defensive coordinator Donnie Henderson in Jacksonville is a possibility. There has also been talk in St. Louis of the Rams sending the No. 2 overall pick to the Jets for the No. 6 pick and Vilma, though that seems unlikely. Feb. 22 - 9:09 am et

What do you think of trading for Vilma? He's YOUNG, and very good. DJ and Vilma? Not a bad 1-2 combo. We could swap the 5 and 6 picks give them the pick we got from Tampa Bay? I don't know the draft chart points so it's an off the top of my head idea, which is probably unrealistic.

htismaqe
02-22-2008, 09:52 AM
Um, if we could get Vilma for trading down ONE spot, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

The Bad Guy
02-22-2008, 09:54 AM
I would trade the 5 and a late pick for Vilma and the 6th.

Then we could cut that waste Napoleon Harris.

Brock
02-22-2008, 09:55 AM
Hell yes.

Ebolapox
02-22-2008, 09:59 AM
do it yesterday

StcChief
02-22-2008, 10:02 AM
Vilma good terms with Herm, Id says it's a distinct possiblity if the Jets don't want too much

htismaqe
02-22-2008, 10:03 AM
The more I think though, the more I wonder why the Jets would do that. Who do they get a shot at at #5 that they won't get a shot at at #6?

jjchieffan
02-22-2008, 10:06 AM
Vilma was a Herm draft choice wasn't he? If so, I would imagine that he would make a big push for the trade to bring him here. Better ask the all knowing Mecca though. He probably sucks or is used up or something.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-22-2008, 10:09 AM
If you can get him moving down 1 spot absolutely, but unless the jets fall in love with a player they think we would take it has no chance anyway.

htismaqe
02-22-2008, 10:10 AM
If you can get him moving down 1 spot absolutely, but unless the jets fall in love with a player they think we would take it has no chance anyway.

Kinda what I was thinking.

Mecca
02-22-2008, 10:13 AM
I like Vilma, but lets understand he is coming off of a pretty serious knee injury I believe..

The Jets are gonna be high on Ellis and Gholston most likely.....

I'd deal for him provided he medically checks out.

raybec 4
02-22-2008, 10:26 AM
Does anyone know what his cap number would be and how much time is left on his deal?

penguinz
02-22-2008, 10:27 AM
I'd deal for him provided he medically checks out.Can we trust the doctor's here to properly check him out? I don;t think we can.

htismaqe
02-22-2008, 10:33 AM
Can we trust the doctor's here to properly check him out? I don;t think we can.

Well, they were obviously wrong on Kendrell Bell. But it looks like they were onto something with Samari Rolle.

Chiefs_5627
02-22-2008, 10:35 AM
Does anyone know what his cap number would be and how much time is left on his deal?

He wants to sign a new deal with the "tradee" PLUS work a deal out with the jets.

ILikeBigTiddys
02-22-2008, 10:36 AM
Well, they were obviously wrong on Kendrell Bell. But it looks like they were onto something with Samari Rolle.

Whats up with Rolle? Hell, I dont even know what team he plays for anymore. Furthermore, Vilma would look like our past 2 ILB because our DT's are still mediocre.

Mecca
02-22-2008, 10:37 AM
Rolle's just getting old, that's what's wrong with him.

htismaqe
02-22-2008, 10:39 AM
Whats up with Rolle? Hell, I dont even know what team he plays for anymore. Furthermore, Vilma would look like our past 2 ILB because our DT's are still mediocre.

He missed like 7 games with the Ravens due to an unspecified neurological condition that was causing seizures. They're saying now it was epilepsy...

htismaqe
02-22-2008, 10:40 AM
Rolle's just getting old, that's what's wrong with him.

No, that's not it at all.

He was suffering from seizures.

Mecca
02-22-2008, 10:42 AM
That ref calling him boy was just to much for him to handle.

htismaqe
02-22-2008, 10:43 AM
That ref calling him boy was just to much for him to handle.

ROFL

blueballs
02-22-2008, 10:49 AM
Keep ****ing doubting Nick Athan

chagrin
02-22-2008, 11:21 AM
wouldn't anyone like to see him tested for a full year or something before jumping at signing him? Knee injury, etc?

RustShack
02-22-2008, 11:30 AM
What about the 5th pick and Nap Harris, for Vilma and the 6th pick?

noa
02-22-2008, 11:37 AM
Kind of silly that the Jets would install a defensive system that forces them to trade away an amazing talent like Vilma.

StcChief
02-22-2008, 12:19 PM
Kind of silly that the Jets would install a defensive system that forces them to trade away an amazing talent like Vilma.

as long as Vilma is healthy.... Jets can continue in Raider mode for all I care.

The Bad Guy
02-22-2008, 12:20 PM
Can we trust the doctor's here to properly check him out? I don;t think we can.

Ridiculous statement.

The Chiefs run a shitty organization, but the medical staff has been pretty good.

Trent Green held up. Willie Roaf held up.

penguinz
02-22-2008, 12:22 PM
Ridiculous statement.

The Chiefs run a shitty organization, but the medical staff has been pretty good.

Trent Green held up. Willie Roaf held up.
It is not. They say Bell is good. Look how that went. They also have said that Holmes and Johnson's injuries were week to week. Those were wrong.

Brock
02-22-2008, 12:25 PM
It is not. They say Bell is good. Look how that went. They also have said that Holmes and Johnson's injuries were week to week. Those were wrong.

Lying/misleading about injuries doesn't mean they didn't know.

rad
02-22-2008, 12:27 PM

As far as Bell is concerned, suckiness is not a medical condition, and how is "week to week" wrong?

penguinz
02-22-2008, 12:28 PM
As far as Bell is concerned, suckiness is not a medical condition, and how is "week to week" wrong?Bell said his shoulder was not 100% after his first season. Week to Week is wrong when it last more than half the season.

Bowser
02-22-2008, 12:28 PM
As far as Bell is concerned, suckiness is not a medical condition, and how is "week to week" wrong?

"He's listed as day-to-day, but then again, aren't we all?"

rtmike
02-22-2008, 12:33 PM

I think he meant weak to weak. :)

rad
02-22-2008, 12:37 PM
Bell said his shoulder was not 100% after his first season. Week to Week is wrong when it last more than half the season.

So Bell has a PhD? Good thing he has something to fall back on. I can't imagine he would use that as an excuse for his poor performance.

Week to Week = playing games with opponents concerning injuries.

jjchieffan
02-22-2008, 01:26 PM
No, that's not it at all.

He was suffering from seizures.

You must be mistaken Htsimage. Mecca knows everything.

02-22-2008, 01:37 PM

David Harris is bigger, faster and better than Vilma on the inside. Vilma will never be successful in a 3-4, he's too small. and Mangini is being stubborn about playing a 3-4.

Vilma would be a $1M cap hit, he's in the last year of his contract.

Coogs
02-22-2008, 01:50 PM

Better be careful! Gun will want to kick your azz! ;)

HolmeZz
02-22-2008, 01:57 PM
VILLLLMAAAAAAAA

Met him a few years ago. Nice guy.

htismaqe
02-22-2008, 02:00 PM
I'm fairly certain the team doctors knew what was going on with Bell and CarlGun overruled them. That's just me though.

BigRock
02-22-2008, 02:06 PM
The NY Daily News is saying the Jets think they could get a 3rd round pick, maybe a little better. They listed a few teams they think would be interested in Vilma, but KC isn't one, oddly.

Chiefs_5627
02-22-2008, 03:08 PM
The NY Daily News is saying the Jets think they could get a 3rd round pick, maybe a little better. They listed a few teams they think would be interested in Vilma, but KC isn't one, oddly.

Id gladly part with a 3rd for him. :) Only problem is, we just signed Nap to a long contract. Maybe move Nap outside when Donnie splits? :shrug:

Chiefnj2
02-22-2008, 06:41 PM
I'm fairly certain the team doctors knew what was going on with Bell and CarlGun overruled them. That's just me though.

Bell failed other teams physicals, so either the staff took a big chance or the med evaluation sucked.

Vilma for a 3rd would be a bargain provided he passes physicals around the league.

Mr. Laz
02-22-2008, 06:57 PM
i know people don't wanna here it but Trade = we lose something to gain something.

carl is a dumbass and almost always finds away to get screwed.

we just need to draft well and move on

Easy 6
02-22-2008, 07:12 PM
Better ask the all knowing Mecca though. He probably sucks or is used up or something.

HARHARHAR...yep, the guy is "garbage".

Seriously though, i'd welcome Vilma with open arms...he'd be a HUGE upgrade over Napoleon (not so) Dynamite. Make it so #1!!!

Mecca
02-22-2008, 07:23 PM
HARHARHAR...yep, the guy is "garbage".

Seriously though, i'd welcome Vilma with open arms...he'd be a HUGE upgrade over Napoleon (not so) Dynamite. Make it so #1!!!

The Vilma thread turned into talking shit on me, that's lovely...

Yes I'm garbage because I'm honest, it's all my fault that LJ sucks balls now. Just ask JJ. I'm sorry that I can't be an ardent homer and it bothers some people.

Easy 6
02-22-2008, 07:28 PM
The Vilma thread turned into talking shit on me, that's lovely...

Yes I'm garbage because I'm honest, it's all my fault that LJ sucks balls now. Just ask JJ. I'm sorry that I can't be an ardent homer and it bothers some people.

Lighten up Francis, i give you a 'lil guff from time to time but its never mean spirited.